PDA

View Full Version : New Era in the AFC North

Zachintosh66
12-23-2012, 08:33 PM
Fact: This will be the worst record in Tomlins Head Coaching career.

Fact: This team IS TOO OLD.

Fact: This team doesnt have enough leadership.

Fact: This team doesnt have enough talent.

Fact: Pitt has lost 5 of the last 8 with Balt.

Fact: This teams focus and lack of disipline was a major factor all year (penalties, effort and attitude).

Fact: The NFL is not a place for rookies to sit and learn anymore, they HAVE to be able to contribute.

Fact: This season doesnt hang on one players shoulders: not Ben, not Mendy, not Wallace, not Hampton, not Woodley, not even the OL or Haley... It falls on 2 people... Tomlin who runs the show and Rooney who hired him.

Real Deal Steel
12-23-2012, 08:37 PM
Those are hard truths. But they are the truth.

Right now, I have little to no confidence in Tomlin and Colbert.

And Rooney and his "No free agency" philosophy has to go too.

SuperSteelers
12-23-2012, 08:39 PM
Fact: This will be the worst record in Tomlins Head Coaching career.

Fact: This team IS TOO OLD.

Fact: This team doesnt have enough leadership.

Fact: This team doesnt have enough talent.

Fact: Pitt has lost 5 of the last 8 with Balt.

Fact: This teams focus and lack of disipline was a major factor all year (penalties, effort and attitude).

Fact: The NFL is not a place for rookies to sit and learn anymore, they HAVE to be able to contribute.

Fact: This season doesnt hang on one players shoulders: not Ben, not Mendy, not Wallace, not Hampton, not Woodley, not even the OL or Haley... It falls on 2 people... Tomlin who runs the show and Rooney who hired him.

Your first fact will be wrong after next season. This is a team in decline but other then that the truth hurts.

scudmissile29
12-23-2012, 08:43 PM
Those are hard truths. But they are the truth.

Right now, I have little to no confidence in Tomlin and Colbert.

And Rooney and his "No free agency" philosophy has to go too.

This Dan Rooney = Irish Idiot.

Real Deal Steel
12-23-2012, 08:43 PM
If we have a worse record next year, the will make Tomlin fall on the sword for it. It won't be Colbert because he's too much of a coward. Colbert is as much to blame as Tomlin.

terrible.towel43
12-23-2012, 08:45 PM
I dont agree with enough talent, I would take our roster over the ravens roster. Execution and preparation are the problems. Things like mental mistakes led to us beating ourselves far too often

jdehoff83
12-23-2012, 09:12 PM
Who is this hampton person you speak of??

cbrunn
12-23-2012, 10:16 PM

This one right here ... were old and leadership issues ... come down to not letting our young guys get experience

TarlsQtr
12-23-2012, 10:20 PM
This one right here ... were old and leadership issues ... come down to not letting our young guys get experience

Our young guys were victims of injury (Decastro, Adams, Spence) and stupidity (Taa'mu) all season. The coaches cannot do anything about that.

LatrobePA
12-23-2012, 10:20 PM
Look at what the rookie QB's are doing this year!

cbrunn
12-23-2012, 10:41 PM
Our young guys were victims of injury (Decastro, Adams, Spence) and stupidity (Taa'mu) all season. The coaches cannot do anything about that.

Talking about other years before this year ... They NEVER let rookies play ... how do you know what they have?? ... and it could of prolonged some of the older guys careers by having them spelled every once in a while ...not saying they should start all the time or something but young guys should get like 15-20 snaps a game to keep guys fresh and give them game experience ... at least I believe so

steelcity73
12-23-2012, 11:57 PM
I dont agree with enough talent, I would take our roster over the ravens roster. Execution and preparation are the problems. Things like mental mistakes led to us beating ourselves far too often

Ding, Ding, Ding and we have a winner!!!! Go back and make a highlight real of the penalties, turnovers, bone head plays and coaching let downs and while I agree with your facts this is my take on the season: coaching needs to get in these players asses for such putrid play and coaches as well from the brass upstairs, rookies need more playing time, we need more leaders and most of all find that fire and the heart to step up and win games! IMO Timmons and Heath have the fire and heart, and lead by example, but maybe this team needs that emotional leader maybe like a ray lewis(how it pains me to say that)

Goodfrom55
12-24-2012, 12:04 AM
Steelers have the youngest offense in football, and the defense is getting younger.

Nolrog
12-24-2012, 09:39 AM
New Era in the AFC North

Lighten up Francis. 1 year does not make an era. The Steelers had a down year. They also had a crap ton of injuries. It's far too early to demote the Steelers to perennial 3rd place finishers.

Oh, and Baltimore is pretty old too (Lewis is 37, Reed is 34, Suggs is 30.)

Clevelandsux
12-24-2012, 09:44 AM
We missed the playoffs in 2009, but returned to the Super Bowl the next season. I don't think this ship can't be rectified. I do think it started sinking last season. But we were 12-4 so if it aint broke, dont fix it. A season like this year will warrant changes. Time for some of these guys to hang it up and get some young blood in there.

Real Deal Steel
12-24-2012, 11:11 AM

Ravens have a better coach then us too. That's a fact. Harbaugh prepares that team. I don't see that much attention to detail from Tomlin.

Clevelandsux
12-25-2012, 01:25 AM
I don't see either the Ravens or the Bengals going far in the playoffs. The Bengals most likely will wind up in New England. Ravens probably play indy, they could get past them..maybe. but i doubt any further than that.

LatrobePA
12-25-2012, 01:26 AM
I don't see either the Ravens or the Bengals going far in the playoffs. The Bengals most likely will wind up in New England. Ravens probably play indy, they could get past them..maybe. but i doubt any further than that.

Looking like the colts may be going to Baltimore for the first game.

Clevelandsux
12-25-2012, 04:32 AM
Looking like the colts may be going to Baltimore for the first game.

Yep. And the way the ravens have been playing wouldn't surprise me at all if colts beat them.

LatrobePA
12-25-2012, 05:44 AM
Yep. And the way the ravens have been playing wouldn't surprise me at all if colts beat them.

Colts run D sucks. Rice will have a field day!