PDA

View Full Version : Foote needs to go.

Crowned
12-23-2012, 06:00 PM
We need another ILB along with Timmons that is capable of making plays and actually has a shot in coverage.

scudmissile29
12-23-2012, 06:02 PM
spence is injured, wait for him, he looked good.

mcfly06
12-23-2012, 06:05 PM
Foote is the leading tackler on the team, i dont see them letting him go. Now i can be wrong, should move Woodley at inside move Timmons to outside. Than either keep Foote or get another ILB either draft or free agent but i think Woodley would be better inside..

Crowned
12-23-2012, 06:07 PM
Woodley would be even worse inside (don't know how that's possible). He can't cover for ****, and you can't just blitz the ILB every play.

NorCalSteel
12-23-2012, 06:10 PM
I thought Foote played great this year...he def was not the problem with this team...

LatrobePA
12-23-2012, 06:17 PM
Not one player on defense should be gone, they played lights out. Now on offense, the list is long!

steelchamp204
12-23-2012, 06:28 PM
I would rather see Spence next season, if we are rebuilding as some might say, lets bring in the young player movement?

Crowned
12-23-2012, 06:31 PM
Foote couldn't cover Alge Crumpler right now off the couch.

Nolrog
12-23-2012, 08:52 PM
Not one player on defense should be gone, they played lights out. Now on offense, the list is long!

I thought the defense, as a whole, was terrible this year. We desperately need an impact player (preferably a safety), an OLB to replace Harrison, a nose tackle, depth at corner (and a Tight End, but that's the other side.) Oh, and OL depth.

TarlsQtr
12-23-2012, 09:00 PM
This was the first week in a long time that the D was mostly intact, and they played stellar. Foote had a very good year but I would not count on him too much longer. The most difficult issue will be making determinations on who is on the downside of their careers. Harrison and Troy were subpar but could easily play pro bowl caliber if healthy. This is the most excited I have been about our CBs in a decade. Clark is a beast. Woodley and Timmons are solid. Keisel is getting old but still playing well (what the hell was up with that call against him today after the sack?). Casey and McLendon are stout but we need more from Hood/Heyward.

LatrobePA
12-23-2012, 09:02 PM
I thought the defense, as a whole, was terrible this year. We desperately need an impact player (preferably a safety), an OLB to replace Harrison, a nose tackle, depth at corner (and a Tight End, but that's the other side.) Oh, and OL depth.

I can see that but thought once healthy they came together a bit.

jdehoff83
12-23-2012, 09:04 PM
Foote is not a playmaker but he is a decent tackler and isnt hurt every other week so why dump him?

jdehoff83
12-23-2012, 09:06 PM
Wish steelers wouldve took hightower instead of decastro honestly in the draft... woodley is glass

cbrunn
12-23-2012, 10:14 PM
Alec Ogeltree ILB Georgia ...
he can cover better then Timmons ... and would let Timmons Attack Attack Attack which he is a beast at doing (not bad in coverage either)

steelcity73
12-23-2012, 10:16 PM
I like the outlook for Spence, just sux he missed the entire year of XP, does anybody else agree that McClendon is a beast and with more playing time he's only gonna get better. I sure hope Timmons makes the pro bowl, I know I'm gonna vote for him until my computer explodes, if Woodley could be healthy and 1/2 as good as LT, next year should be fun to watch. As for Foote I thought he had a good solid year, James Farrior he isn't, but a solid tackler and durable should be enough. I've never thought of Foote as a playmaker, he falls in the category with Clark, just solid starters that do their job.

scudmissile29
12-23-2012, 10:17 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nfl/players/full/14972.png

BlitzburghRockCity
12-23-2012, 10:41 PM
This was a big year for Foote, but he and Timmons have been trading the lead in tackles all year long. Next year Spence will be back, I'm excited to see him play but I thought Foote played as well as we could ask for.

mcfly06
12-23-2012, 11:39 PM
Woodley would be even worse inside (don't know how that's possible). He can't cover for ****, and you can't just blitz the ILB every play.

I know you cant blitz every play i mean id to see how it would work, just bc Timmons is strong and fast!! thats why i said outside. But the D played good this year i mean we dont need to get rid of anyone really, if we do draft its for the next man up type deal. DB's tho we could draft one and make that rookie start, but we dont really like starting Rookies on D. I dont know we just need to do something, this is the most frustrating season ive seen in a long time. i mean im only 25 but still i hate this S***!!! haha