PDA

View Full Version : Take a seat, Ben

steelersbabex25
12-23-2012, 05:15 PM
Been absolutely terrible since he came back from injury. That's 2 out of his 3 games back that he absolutely lost the game for us. I'm sick of his drama king "pity me because I'm hurt" attitude. Absolutely no excuse for the way he played today. Just terrible.

Speeed
12-23-2012, 05:19 PM
He has screwed up, but when has he asked for pity? Where is your proof of him asking or pity and being a drama queen? The reality is the guy does get hurt. The press dramatizes, and people who jump on that bandwagon dramatize.

The loss sucks, but Ben is not a drama queen. For God's sake, he had an injury that could have killed him. There was only one similar documented injury in the last 10 years. Yeah, drama.

Been absolutely terrible since he came back from injury. That's 2 out of his 3 games back that he absolutely lost the game for us. I'm sick of his drama king "pity me because I'm hurt" attitude. Absolutely no excuse for the way he played today. Just terrible.

SuperSteelers
12-23-2012, 05:19 PM
Ben is not an elite QB. Never has been, never will be. Although he has a couple superbowls wins only proves that he was surrounded by a good team. He sure as hell didn't do it by himself. He can't carry an average team unlike the elite QBs in this league.

steelersbabex25
12-23-2012, 05:20 PM
He has screwed up, but when has he asked for pity? Where is your proof of him asking or pity and being a drama queen? The reality is the guy does get hurt. The press dramatizes, and people who jump on that bandwagon dramatize.

I have never seen a player get "injured" and come back into the game 30 seconds later as often as Ben does.

Real Deal Steel
12-23-2012, 05:20 PM
Ben is still playing hurt. He was terrible today, but he is hardly the real problem (problems) of this team.

steelspikes
12-23-2012, 05:21 PM
And fire Tomlin. We might get a third round pick for Roethlisberger.

steelfury455
Very hesitant today. Defense was outstanding. It was inevitable though, the Steelers would not match up with anyone in postseason with all the injuries and just plain being inconsistent on offense.

steelersbabex25
Ben is still playing hurt. He was terrible today, but he is hardly the real problem (problems) of this team.

Yeah Ben and the offensive line. The only two problems today.

scudmissile29
12-23-2012, 05:22 PM
Trolololololol.

I love no-playoff seasons for this exact reason!

but, keep Ben, fire that ******** head coach, I hate him.

Real Deal Steel
The thing that separates Ben from the super high end QB's is that he doesn't throw timing passes enough. Meaning, he doesn't throw passes with the anticipation of the WR making the break. But Ben is still a top tier QB.

Crash
I hope they trade Ben. They don't use him except when it's last 2 minutes.

First down at our 46 we run 4 plays in a row. Why not Ben then?

First drive of the half after a turnover, more running.

You can't expect Ben to bail them out every week in 2 minutes. You can't.

They should have went to OT and taken their chances.

Goodfrom55
12-23-2012, 05:25 PM

The OC **** the sheets today, worst game called by haley all year. Very disappointing. Watch, they'll blow out Clevaland by 30 next week becuase it doesn't matter.

Goodfrom55
that said, this loss is on ben.

SuperSteelers
The thing that separates Ben from the super high end QB's is that he doesn't throw timing passes enough. Meaning, he doesn't throw passes with the anticipation of the WR making the break. But Ben is still a top tier QB.

Isn't timing passes part of what makes an elite QB? No doubt he is a good QB but not elite. As long as he has a good team around him he can win but anything less then good or great he can't carry the team to victory.

steelersbabex25
12-23-2012, 05:27 PM
The OC **** the sheets today, worst game called by haley all year. Very disappointing. Watch, they'll blow out Clevaland by 30 next week becuase it doesn't matter.

Yeah Haley was no help either

Speeed
12-23-2012, 05:27 PM
I disagree. Do you see what you are doing? Blaming the loss on one player. ONE PLAYER. Yes, get rid of Ben, we would have won by 21 points. This team has all kinds of problems.

Ben is not an elite QB. Never has been, never will be. Although he has a couple superbowls wins only proves that he was surrounded by a good team. He sure as hell didn't do it by himself. He can't carry an average team unlike the elite QBs in this league.

SuperSteelers
12-23-2012, 05:28 PM
I'm glad the season is over. Didn't want this team and Ben to look silly in the playoffs.

steelersbabex25
12-23-2012, 05:28 PM
I disagree. Do you see what you are doing? Blaming the loss on one player. ONE PLAYER. Yes, get rid of Ben, we would have won by 21 points. This team has all kinds of problems.

Question, what problems did we have besides Ben and the offensive line?

Real Deal Steel
12-23-2012, 05:29 PM
They had no real running game today. And the offensive line's play was horrible.

the first thing they need to do is get a real O-line coach who will bring in a better scheme and new conditioning too.

Speeed
12-23-2012, 05:29 PM
And I bet he completed 75 percent of the "timing passes" he threw today. Timing passes are not a staple of the Haley offense.

Isn't timing passes part of what makes an elite QB? No doubt he is a good QB but not elite. As long as he has a good team around him he can win but anything less then good or great he can't carry the team to victory.

LatrobePA
12-23-2012, 05:30 PM
They had no real play-calling today and or QB play! Ben was an absolute turd today!

Big T
Love the overreactions. Yes, let's trade the entire team away. He made a bad play last week and he made a bad play this week. Ben is human. He's won us more games by himself than I can count. Ben was handcuffed by the playcalling again. The first half of the season I didn't have much of a problem with Haley's playcalling. The secon half of the season he's been awful. Ever since Ben came back its like Haley is still game-planning thinking Charlie Batch/Leftwich was starting. There's a reason we are the top scoring team in the NFL with 2 min or less before halftime.... Because Ben is let loose and is able to play his game and call his plays in the no huddle. He may have thrown inopportune INTs to seal the last couple games, but Ben Roethlsiberger is not solely to blame.

SuperSteelers

I'm sure the do have problems but we all know what two guys get all the blame and I'm putting it all on Ben's shoulders.

steelspikes
12-23-2012, 05:31 PM
The thing that separates Ben from the super high end QB's is that he doesn't throw timing passes enough. Meaning, he doesn't throw passes with the anticipation of the WR making the break. But Ben is still a top tier QB. Not really. This team's scoring mediocrity during #7's reign prevents him from being top tier. Yeah, he's had some great moments, but the way he ended this year is truly disheartening.

LatrobePA
F u T you think it's wrong for diehard fans to be pissed their team **** the bed?? You're pretty much a **** aren't you??

SuperSteelers
And I bet he completed 75 percent of the "timing passes" he threw today. Timing passes are not a staple of the Haley offense. Since you seems to know can you please enlighten the board on exactly what Haley's offensive staple is? Please enlighten the board.

EDIT: I sure hell have no clue

Black@Gold Forever32
Its the nature of the position....The QB always gets to much blame when the team loses and always to much credit when the teams wins..........Something wasn't right with Ben since coming back from injury......But the OL was no help today and I don't know how people can't see that......I'm not going to crucify DeCastro either for having a rough game since it was only his 2nd start......But this what happens when the OC does call things so close to the vest...You let a team hang around and then mistakes come back to bite you in the *** quick......

steelersbabex25
12-23-2012, 05:32 PM
Love the overreactions. Yes, let's trade the entire team away. He made a bad play last week and he made a bad play this week. Ben is human. He's won us more games by himself than I can count. Ben was handcuffed by the playcalling again. The first half of the season I didn't have much of a problem with Haley's playcalling. The secon half of the season he's been awful. Ever since Ben came back its like Haley is still game-planning thinking Charlie Batch/Leftwich was starting. There's a reason we are the top scoring team in the NFL with 2 min or less before halftime.... Because Ben is let loose and is able to play his game and call his plays in the no huddle. He may have thrown I opportune INTs to seal the last couple games, but Ben Roethlsiberger is not solely to blame.

I am in no way saying that he should be gone at all. We've just seen much better seasons from him even being handcuffed with Arians terrible playcalling.

Big T
12-23-2012, 05:34 PM
F u T you think it's wrong for diehard fans to be pissed their team **** the bed?? You're pretty much a **** aren't you??

Lol yes I'm the **** because fans overreact sayin let's trade Ben. Of course people can be pissed. I'm pissed. But making ridiculous comments like that are going to get called out. I have no problem with people calling Ben out, it's warranted. But trading him? Come the f*ck on. Absolutely idiotic.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-23-2012, 05:35 PM
I am in no way saying that he should be gone at all. We've just seen much better seasons from him even being handcuffed with Arians terrible playcalling.

Maybe BA wasn't such the problem after all.........Haley's play calling isn't any better really and Haley calls a game to scared......But Ben wasn't right today but still I'm not going to sell him down the river......The OL probably played their worst game of the season today.....

Big T
12-23-2012, 05:36 PM

I wasn't talking about you. But let's not forget that before Ben's injury he was having an MVP type season and the best season of his career. Since the injury he's been unspectacular, as has the playcalling. But he was without a doubt having a fantastic season before he went down.

steelersbabex25
12-23-2012, 05:38 PM
I wasn't talking about you. But let's not forget that before Ben's injury he was having an MVP type season as the best season of his career. Since the injury he's been unspectacular, as has the playcalling. But he was without a doubt having a fantastic season before he went down.

Not sure what it could be to warrant such a turnaround though. Everything (offense wise) went to **** since Ben's injury pretty much.

Speeed
12-23-2012, 05:39 PM
Let me start by refocusing attention on your post and it's body. You said nothing about the OL. So I was not responding to a comment about the OL, I was responding to your post.

As for your reply, we have other problems. First, clock management. Second, injuries, which leads me to believe there might be a training issue. Special teams need to come through more. The turnover ratio, that is a BIG issue. So there ya go.

Trade Ben. That will fix things!

Question, what problems did we have besides Ben and the offensive line?

Big T
12-23-2012, 05:40 PM
Not sure what it could be to warrant such a turnaround though. Everything (offense wise) went to **** since Ben's injury pretty much.

Exactly right. This team was in great position before Ben went down. It honesty seems like since Ben came back Haley has been game planning with Charlie Batch/Leftwich in mind. It blows my mind.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-23-2012, 05:41 PM
I just love the fact that BA was huge in the Colts reaching the play-offs while Todd Haley was huge in the Steelers missing the play-offs..........I'm really happy for Bruce Arians.......Even though it was time for BA to go just for the simple reason he was never going to get any slack in Pittsburgh.......

Nolrog
12-23-2012, 05:42 PM
It's starting early this year. At this rate, it's gonna be a long fracking off-season.

ChucktownSteeler
12-23-2012, 05:51 PM
We need to acquire an NFL caliber running back and establish a running game. Until then we have no chance.

Nolrog
12-23-2012, 05:53 PM
We need to acquire an NFL caliber running back and establish a running game. Until then we have no chance.

We need to fix the problems with the offensive line once and for all. Then running back wouldn't be a problem.

North Steel
12-23-2012, 06:11 PM
Before Ben takes off those cement shoes that he was wearing today can someone drop him off in one of the 3 rivers you guys have over there.

LatrobePA
12-23-2012, 06:16 PM
They have a running game, Tomlin chose to bench him! lol maybe Tomlin should win coach of the year! Not!

chisteeler
12-23-2012, 07:08 PM
I'm just glad it's over. I feel like I've wasted the last two Sundays. I should have been catching up on my naps instead of watching that pathetic display of a team, but then I would have been up later that night bitching at the replays on the NFL network. This team needs a lot of work. Leadership more than anything.

Speeed
12-23-2012, 07:22 PM
I am with you. I might even take a break from the boards for awhile.

terrible.towel43
12-23-2012, 08:06 PM
Lol yes I'm the **** because fans overreact sayin let's trade Ben. Of course people can be pissed. I'm pissed. But making ridiculous comments like that are going to get called out. I have no problem with people calling Ben out, it's warranted. But trading him? Come the f*ck on. Absolutely idiotic.

This. And calling Ben a drama queen is also idiotic. The guy gets hit more than any other QB, breaks his nose and shi*t then comes back in and gives his all. He's not asking for pity, thats just an asinine comment

terrible.towel43
12-23-2012, 08:10 PM
It's also hilarious how when we lost to cleveland people were talking about how bad we need Ben back and how much he means to this team, and now today the same people say we should trade him for a 3rd round pick.

terrible.towel43
12-23-2012, 08:13 PM
They have a running game, Tomlin chose to bench him! lol maybe Tomlin should win coach of the year! Not!

You seem to find a way to blame Tomlin for everything. Funny how before you were talking about Tomlin's lack of disciplining players and then when its done you reverse your line of thought

LatrobePA
12-23-2012, 08:19 PM
You seem to find a way to blame Tomlin for everything. Funny how before you were talking about Tomlin's lack of disciplining players and then when its done you reverse your line of thought

F U, F Tomlin... This team played flat all season! I'm not talking about benching him for when he didn't show up to the game. Talking about before that! How's Tomlin's crank feel in the back of your throat? Pretty good? I bet so! He's a dud and is all talk just like you!

terrible.towel43
12-23-2012, 08:23 PM
F U, F Tomlin... This team played flat all season! I'm not talking about benching him for when he didn't show up to the game. Talking about before that! How's Tomlin's crank feel in the back of your throat? Pretty good? I bet so! He's a dud and is all talk just like you!

even when Mendenhall was healthy he wasn't performing like a top back. He averaged 3.3 yards/rush this season and fumbled 3 times in 34 carries. Thats fumbling in about 10 percent of your carries, just awful. Not sure how he is the solution to the problem. But hey continue to blame Tomlin for it and see where it gets you. Even better yet, rather than rational discussion to prove your point, make homophobic slurs and toss out insults cause it really helps get your point across!! honestly, grow up...

SuperSteelers
12-23-2012, 08:44 PM
even when Mendenhall was healthy he wasn't performing like a top back. He averaged 3.3 yards/rush this season and fumbled 3 times in 34 carries. Thats fumbling in about 10 percent of your carries, just awful. Not sure how he is the solution to the problem. But hey continue to blame Tomlin for it and see where it gets you. Even better yet, rather than rational discussion to prove your point, make homophobic slurs and toss out insults cause it really helps get your point across!! honestly, grow up...

I'm with LatrobePA on this one and he forgot to add Ben needs to shoulder some of the blame for his stupid *** decisions on the field.

terrible.towel43
12-23-2012, 08:47 PM
I'm with LatrobePA on this one and he forgot to add Ben needs to shoulder some of the blame for his stupid *** decisions on the field.

Im just curious but whats your reasoning?

SuperSteelers
12-23-2012, 08:58 PM
If anything after 20 years of service I have learned one thing...you have to show leadership which this team lacks.

Leadership occurs only if there is a need for a leader. Leadership occurs only if people are reluctant to act and a leader must overcome that reluctance.

If a player responds to a leader's (QB/Coach) behest, the player is doing something he ordinarily would not do and would prefer to avoid. Otherwise leadership would not be required. The player makes a rational decision. He weighs the consequences. A player's response to a leader's call is not based on faith. Faith puts us in a religious realm . A mere mortal cannot claim leadership status if the players are motivated to act by God or money.

A person can strive to become a leader, but the success of that effort will be decided by others. Followers decide whether a person is a leader. Leadership status are never self awarded.

terrible.towel43
12-23-2012, 09:00 PM
Ok thats great and all, but what does that have to do with Mendenhall being a capable back in the NFL?

SuperSteelers
12-23-2012, 09:08 PM
Ok thats great and all, but what does that have to do with Mendenhall being a capable back in the NFL?

You'll figure it out. (Tomlin=team flat all season=lack of leadership)

SteelerCountry58
12-23-2012, 09:18 PM
Ben was still hurting and shouldn't have come back as early as he did. END OF STORY!
This team has FAR bigger problems then Ben. Heads will roll as they should and players
that need to go will be shown the door as well.

Crash
12-23-2012, 09:20 PM
Ben's not hurting at all. He was awesome for the most part in Dallas. Haley did NOTHING today but run the ball.

How many times did they roll Ben to keep him away from Atkins who was eating DeCastro up?

That answer would be zero.

Haley's answer for protecting Ben is just run the ball.

Yippee. I can call that game plan too.

LatrobePA
12-23-2012, 09:24 PM
Tomlin is soft as ****! Vet day off??? Wtf is that??

TarlsQtr
12-23-2012, 09:26 PM
Love the overreactions. Yes, let's trade the entire team away. He made a bad play last week and he made a bad play this week. Ben is human. He's won us more games by himself than I can count. Ben was handcuffed by the playcalling again. The first half of the season I didn't have much of a problem with Haley's playcalling. The secon half of the season he's been awful. Ever since Ben came back its like Haley is still game-planning thinking Charlie Batch/Leftwich was starting. There's a reason we are the top scoring team in the NFL with 2 min or less before halftime.... Because Ben is let loose and is able to play his game and call his plays in the no huddle. He may have thrown inopportune INTs to seal the last couple games, but Ben Roethlsiberger is not solely to blame.

Holy crap. A voice of reason and sanity in this otherwise unreasonable and insane message board.

SteelerCountry58
12-23-2012, 09:31 PM
Ben's not hurting at all. He was awesome for the most part in Dallas. Haley did NOTHING today but run the ball.

How many times did they roll Ben to keep him away from Atkins who was eating DeCastro up?

That answer would be zero.

Haley's answer for protecting Ben is just run the ball.

Yippee. I can call that game plan too.
I call Bull **** on that. The dude has a cracked upper rib and banged up shoulder to boot.
They rushed him back to try and salvage the year. You know Ben would come out with
one damn leg if he could. He was out of synch since he came back. Tomlin and Colbert
need to have their heads cracked together for ineptitude and poor evaluation.

Crash
12-23-2012, 09:37 PM
Ever since Ben came back its like Haley is still game-planning thinking Charlie Batch/Leftwich was starting.

He actually game planned MORE with them.

Crash
12-23-2012, 09:38 PM
I call Bull **** on that. The dude has a cracked upper rib and banged up shoulder to boot.
They rushed him back to try and salvage the year.

The predictable play-calling has killed them with Ben all year. The ONLY difference was Ben saved his *** on 3rd down.

SteelerCountry58
12-23-2012, 09:44 PM
The predictable play-calling has killed them with Ben all year. The ONLY difference was Ben saved his *** on 3rd down.

True but I think the team babied him back so he wouldn't go down again.
Ben the competitor wanted to go all out and he won't admit he's not 100%
The play calling really was suspect and playing it safe most times.
Like they wanted Ben in there but let's not get him hurt.
Ben was pissed at that and thats why we had the Haley/Ben drama
crap since the losing piled up.

Crash
12-23-2012, 09:46 PM
You can't game plan like that. If they are game planning more to keep Ben upright at the expense of points? Get him off the field.

They don't realize that relying on 3rd down Ben does nothing but INCREASE the chances of him getting killed.

SteelerCountry58
12-23-2012, 09:49 PM
You can't game plan like that. If they are game planning more to keep Ben upright at the expense of points? Get him off the field.

They don't realize that relying on 3rd down Ben does nothing but INCREASE the chances of him getting killed.

I hear ya. I think they tried to have their cake and eat it too like I said before. Over with now. :banging:

terrible.towel43
12-23-2012, 09:56 PM
You'll figure it out. (Tomlin=team flat all season=lack of leadership)

Thats fine, but that still doesn't justify Latrobe's point by any means that Mendenhall is a number 1 back in this league....

TarlsQtr
12-23-2012, 10:01 PM
Thats fine, but that still doesn't justify Latrobe's point by any means that Mendenhall isn't a number 1 back in this league....

He is the best RB on the roster, not that it is saying much...

terrible.towel43
12-23-2012, 10:08 PM
He is the best RB on the roster, not that it is saying much...

Agreed, however Tomlin is hardly to blame for benching a guy averaging just over 3 yards a rush and fumbling like it's his job

LatrobePA
12-23-2012, 10:16 PM
Agreed, however Tomlin is hardly to blame for benching a guy averaging just over 3 yards a rush and fumbling like it's his job

Lol 3 Yards per carry isn't terrible. And he only fumbled what twice?? You can't just plug a guy in and expect 10 per carry... Tomlin is a joke!

terrible.towel43
12-24-2012, 12:38 AM
Lol 3 Yards per carry isn't terrible. And he only fumbled what twice?? You can't just plug a guy in and expect 10 per carry... Tomlin is a joke!

3 yards per carry isn't terrible? LOL come on now, thats well below average. Dwyer was 4.1 and Redman 3.8. And Rashard fumbled 3 times which as I mentioned is almost 10% of his carries

TarlsQtr
12-24-2012, 12:46 AM
3 yards per carry isn't terrible? LOL come on now, thats well below average. Dwyer was 4.1 and Redman 3.8. And Rashard fumbled 3 times which as I mentioned is almost 10% of his carries

Yeah, but not really enough of a sample size to be meaningful. He only had what, 35 carries before today? That was one game's worth for the bus. Dwyer -3.9, Redman-3.7, Mendy-3.6 (today included).

Stone
12-24-2012, 09:19 AM
Ben is elite and always has been. It's easy to look at his bad plays because they tend to end the game, and we are left with that image burned in our mind. But when he makes the miraculous plays he is famous for, it just extends the drive, and they go on to win so his miraculous plays get swallowed up in the win.

I think his arm is a mess since the injury because he has been night and day before and after. Ben has never "missed" guys like he did yesterday. Ben has never looked so timid to throw the passes that are bang bang.

He is still the track this team rides on, give him a good game plan and a healthy arm and he will be the same old Ben.

Clevelandsux
12-24-2012, 09:28 AM
Watching that play he could have run for the first down. But instead threw an incomplete pass, then we missed a fg,. Ive seen him make several bad decisions in the last few weeks. I love ben, but he needs to be called out. He cost us too games in a row. He's not the lone reason for us not being in the playoffs, but i do think if he had not gotten injured our season would have turned out differently.

Crash
12-24-2012, 11:13 AM
He was called out last season, and LeBeau stayed.

6 blown 4th quarter leads again. 4 in losses.

Arians isn't here anymore.

What's next? Trade Ben? Cut Ben?

Spare me the kudos for the defense. You can't ignore their cluster****s early in the year.

Crash
12-24-2012, 11:14 AM
They don't want Ben running around. That's why Arians was fired. That's why Haley was brought in.

Real Deal Steel
12-24-2012, 11:17 AM
I don't believe that Ben has accepted Haley's offense. I just don't. Still holding the ball too much. But Haley has to tailor the offense more to the personnell too.

Something to talk about and work on in the off season.

Crash
12-24-2012, 11:21 AM
We found out earlier in the season that he goes into the huddle and calls old Bruce Arians plays.

No that's not what he did. It was during a two minute drill in Oakland, twice.

The WRs didn't know what to do during the play. So Ben used the OLD hand signals from last season for the same plays.

It's obvious to anyone who follows this team that the Steelers don't value Ben.

Don't worry, after next week it won't matter anymore.

Adapt? How was he playing before he got hurt? Teams caught on and took away the short routes.

If anything the golf coach running the offense never adapted.

Real Deal Steel
12-24-2012, 11:25 AM
Ben is valued. But again, he still holds the ball too much. But Haley is at fault too.

Crash
12-24-2012, 11:30 AM
Yeah holds the ball too much. DeCastro and Beachum got destroyed yesterday (and our great OC did NOTHING to help them).

Let's blame Ben.

steelchamp204
12-24-2012, 11:53 AM
I really think there is more going on with Haley/Ben than what we and the media think.

Speeed
12-24-2012, 12:25 PM
He has literally run for nothing this year. I think there have been many times when a decision to run could have been a game changer. Like yesterday. I wonder if he has been told not to run? For crying out loud Flacco has far better run stats than Ben this year and that like Pittsburgh Dad says, "Flacco looks like a stiff Frankenstein."

Watching that play he could have run for the first down. But instead threw an incomplete pass, then we missed a fg,. Ive seen him make several bad decisions in the last few weeks. I love ben, but he needs to be called out. He cost us too games in a row. He's not the lone reason for us not being in the playoffs, but i do think if he had not gotten injured our season would have turned out differently.

Crash
12-24-2012, 12:27 PM
Ben's never been a runner. He uses his mobility to but time down field to throw the ball.

LatrobePA
12-24-2012, 12:35 PM
I really think there is more going on with Haley/Ben than what we and the media think.

I tend to agree, I wouldn't be shocked if Ben comes out and says he's got some tear or something broken he's been playing with.

Crash
12-24-2012, 12:38 PM
It's not the injury people.

It's the play-calling.

Steveo
12-24-2012, 02:07 PM
It simply amazes me what people post when we loose a game, fire that guy, bench this guy, he's not "elite". Truth is we lost some very winnable games this year, and it can't be blamed on a single person. Has Ben been playing badly since coming back of course he has, have our players had issues with ball control, yes, can our O-line consistently block and keep our QB clean, no. Should we consider Ben elite, it doesn't matter there are at least 16 other teams that do, and would be happy to have him, plus there is no one available to the Steelers that would be better should we get rid of him. We had a bad season and won't be going to playoffs, life goes on. Hope you all have a Merry Christmas.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

jpele
12-24-2012, 02:15 PM
Wow! At 6-3 Ben was a pro bowler now he's a bum lol. Haley is the best thing to happen to this team now he's a bum too. I'm going to guess no one here ever broke a rib and separated a shoulder then tried to play QB. If you want to place blame point your finger at the head coach.

He's the guy that played an injured Ben and the most likely reason is because we don't have a backup QB guess hows fault that is.i'm not defending Haley's play calling but have to think there was a reason he avoided using Ben.

Ben is not the reason bad decisions are made or why the team seems unprepared. Yes he threw the pick but I don't believe he should have been playing.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-24-2012, 02:18 PM
I'm riding with #7 all day and every day........Ben had a rough patch again this year at the end with injuries........I guess since I had to sit through Brister, O'Donnell, Tomczak, Miller, Stewart, Graham, Maddox that I'm willing to give Ben the benefit of the doubt most of the time.......

scudmissile29
12-24-2012, 02:21 PM
I'm riding with #7 all day and every day........Ben had a rough patch again this year at the end with injuries........I guess since I had to sit through Brister, O'Donnell, Tomczak, Miller, Stewart, Graham, Maddox that I'm willing to give Ben the benefit of the doubt most of the time.......

Same here, except I was too young for most of them.

Ben's a very good QB, he's never gonna throw for 30 tds a year which is what people want, but he's very clutch and is very good year in year (only 2 bad qb seasons 06 and 08 -- and we all know what happened during 08)

NeilPatrickBanana
12-24-2012, 02:32 PM

Ben's a very good QB, he's never gonna throw for 30 tds a year which is what people want, but he's very clutch and is very good year in year (only 2 bad qb seasons 06 and 08 -- and we all know what happened during 08)

Is Ben still a clutch QB?

I mean, since beating Arizona and winning his 2nd Super Bowl... he's had plenty of chances to be clutch and has come up short quite a lot

But when he comes up short we complain about coaches, coordinators, o-line, etc

I'll always be a big fan of #7... but, the fan base that claims he's an elite QB should hold him to that standard if they want him to have the label.

LatrobePA
12-24-2012, 02:34 PM
Ben played like Mark Sanchez the past few weeks! He looked lost and appeared to be playing with zero confidence! Could be he doesn't fit Haley's system or just doesn't like it! Either way it spilled onto the field and was tough to watch!

NeilPatrickBanana
12-24-2012, 02:38 PM
Ben played like Mark Sanchez the past few weeks! He looked lost and appeared to be playing with zero confidence! Could be he doesn't fit Haley's system or just doesn't like it! Either way it spilled onto the field and was tough to watch!

He looked like an MVP candidate in the first half of the season, when he ran the plays as called. Then he went into "Ben Mode" and wanted to run the show... and he ran it straight into the toilet the last 3 weeks.

In the last 3 games, Ben threw 4 critical INTs... all of them during the No Huddle/Ben calls the plays....

LatrobePA
12-24-2012, 02:45 PM
He looked like an MVP candidate in the first half of the season, when he ran the plays as called. Then he went into "Ben Mode" and wanted to run the show... and he ran it straight into the toilet the last 3 weeks.

In the last 3 games, Ben threw 4 critical INTs... all of them during the No Huddle/Ben calls the plays....

I agree wtf happened? It was like he lost it??

steelersbabex25
12-24-2012, 02:50 PM
Is Ben still a clutch QB?

I mean, since beating Arizona and winning his 2nd Super Bowl... he's had plenty of chances to be clutch and has come up short quite a lot

But when he comes up short we complain about coaches, coordinators, o-line, etc

I'll always be a big fan of #7... but, the fan base that claims he's an elite QB should hold him to that standard if they want him to have the label.

Agreed. The 08 season anytime we were down by 4 with 2 minutes left on the clock it was almost like a gimme that we would get that touchdown. First Baltimore game, winning FG in OT, Jacksonville game, winning TD with 1:53 left in the 4th quarter, San Diego game, winning FG with :15 left in the 4th quarter, Dallas game, winning TD with 1:51 left in the 4th quarter, 2nd Baltimore game, winning TD with :43 left in the 4th quarter. Since then, even just this season I want to say he probably had 4 or 5 chances to win the game for us in the 4th quarter and he didn't. Magic just wasn't there.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-24-2012, 03:03 PM

If Ben hadn't got hurt against the Chiefs and missed three he might have thrown 30 TD's this year......23 in 12 games......Plus 2009 he was robbed of 30 TD's by drops that season and I recall at least 5 TD's, that were dropped that season which would have gave him 31 on the year instead of 26......Of course he threw 32 TD's in 2007.......I would like to see Ben with a Megatron, Brandon Marshall and then see what kind of numbers he could put up......

Yea 2008 wasn't Ben's best stat year but his shoulder was never right after Mario Williams drove him into the ground against the Texans in the 2nd game of the season....You can tell Ben didn't have the same velocity on his throws for much of that season and really he didn't practice much during the season due to his shoulder....

I know it sounds like I'm making excuses but I would like to see some of these other elite QB's work behind a **** poor OL and WR's that have no mental toughness like the YMC this season.......Plus look at some of the WR's that Ben had when he went to his first two Super Bowls.......Cedric Wilson, Randle El, Nate Washington.........Even when he had Ward even though Ward was good he was nowhere near the level of a true elite WR.......Holmes was a dumbass off the field but he was clutch during that 2008 post season run but other then that Ben really didn't have dynamic or game changing WR's to bail him out at times besides Holmes.....

The only QB that I have ever seen win a Super Bowl with less talent at WR then Ben had during Super Bowl XL was Tom Brady when he won his three Super Bowls......

I remember last year when some thought the Steelers WR core was one of the best in the NFL.....I'm a Wallace fan, I like Brown and Sanders but I never thought of them to be one of the best WR core in the NFL......I would love to see Ben throwing to Green Bay's WR's.........

Black@Gold Forever32
12-24-2012, 03:07 PM
Agreed. The 08 season anytime we were down by 4 with 2 minutes left on the clock it was almost like a gimme that we would get that touchdown. First Baltimore game, winning FG in OT, Jacksonville game, winning TD with 1:53 left in the 4th quarter, San Diego game, winning FG with :15 left in the 4th quarter, Dallas game, winning TD with 1:51 left in the 4th quarter, 2nd Baltimore game, winning TD with :43 left in the 4th quarter. Since then, even just this season I want to say he probably had 4 or 5 chances to win the game for us in the 4th quarter and he didn't. Magic just wasn't there.

Kind of hard to have magic when the OL is constantly beat up yet again and all three of YMC have no mental toughness......The offense was just one hot mess since the Chiefs game and never recovered........Sure Ben played terrible yesterday but the guy was beat up, his OL was beat up, really the YMC all can go screw themselves.....Sure Brown had a great game yesterday but he played like an idiot these last few weeks........I really didn't expect any magic and I'm just glad this debacle of a season is over....

OldSchool58
12-24-2012, 03:10 PM
[QUOTE=Black@Gold Forever32;530730]Sure Ben played terrible yesterday but the guy was beat up, his OL was beat up, really the YMC all can go screw themselves.....QUOTE]

:clap: ^This^

steelersbabex25
12-24-2012, 03:12 PM
Kind of hard to have magic when the OL is constantly beat up yet again and all three of YMC have no mental toughness......The offense was just one hot mess since the Chiefs game and never recovered........Sure Ben played terrible yesterday but the guy was beat up, his OL was beat up, really the YMC all can go screw themselves.....Sure Brown had a great game yesterday but he played like an idiot these last few weeks........I really didn't expect any magic and I'm just glad this debacle of a season is over....

Our offensive line was not exactly stellar in 08 either

Crash
12-24-2012, 03:14 PM
Ben's a very good QB, he's never gonna throw for 30 tds a year which is what people want,

He's not allowed. Because when we get leads? We run the ball.

When we get in the red zone? We run the ball.

NeilPatrickBanana
12-24-2012, 03:17 PM
Elite qbs make regular wrs into pro bowlers

I'm tired of the excuses made for Ben...

Rodgers plays behind a **** offensive line and it doesn't matter which wr is healthy they move the ball and score points

Ben is an elite QB because of the things he can do when the play breaks down, but if he were an elite "passer" we'd be better off.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-24-2012, 03:19 PM
Our offensive line was not exactly stellar in 08 either

well no **** and never said the OL was stellar in 2008 (worst OL in history to win a Super Bowl) but just saying I think you need to check your expectations at times....Ben only can do so much injured and the OL constantly beat up.....you sit here and bitch about Ben....But did you watch the OL?....They played like **** both in pass protection and in run blocking......David DeCastro and I'm not nailing him to the cross by no means had a rough 2nd start yesterday....Beachum really isn't an NFL OT but the kid busted his *** and tried.....He was a low draft pick for a reason and really needs to be moved to OG but thanks to injuries he was forced to OT.....Pouncey really needs to add 15-20 pounds of muscle in the off-season and I'm tired of seeing him constantly pushed back into the pocket....Max Starks was our best/consistent OL all season and he even played like **** yesterday.....

Crash
12-24-2012, 03:20 PM
Mike Wallace was a 3rd down project from a school than ran the ball, no?

The Packers value Rodgers. We call out a 2 time SB winner in the media when he's off in Hawaii.

LatrobePA
12-24-2012, 03:24 PM
Signing Colon and expecting him to last all season was a major fail! Him getting hurt in his typical fashion hurt this line bad. Decastro wasn't and isn't ready to be a starter, he was man handled all game. Now the playing time he's getting will only help (him) but not our chances of winning!

I know it won't happen but I'd treat this last game as a preseason game, play some young guys and start the offseason weeding!!

Black@Gold Forever32
12-24-2012, 03:27 PM
Elite qbs make regular wrs into pro bowlers

I'm tired of the excuses made for Ben...

Rodgers plays behind a **** offensive line and it doesn't matter which wr is healthy they move the ball and score points

Ben is an elite QB because of the things he can do when the play breaks down, but if he were an elite "passer" we'd be better off.

So Ben must catch the ball, hold onto the ball....No doubt Ben misses reads, throws bad passes at times....But his WR's were a joke all year.......Ben can't give those guys the mental toughness to succeed........Call it excuses all you want but the WR's were the biggest disappointment this year......Wallace, Brown, Sanders......

steelersbabex25
12-24-2012, 03:31 PM
well no **** and never said the OL was stellar in 2008 (worst OL in history to win a Super Bowl) but just saying I think you need to check your expectations at times....Ben only can do so much injured and the OL constantly beat up.....you sit here and bitch about Ben....But did you watch the OL?....They played like **** both in pass protection and in run blocking......David DeCastro and I'm not nailing him to the cross by no means had a rough 2nd start yesterday....Beachum really isn't an NFL OT but the kid busted his *** and tried.....He was a low draft pick for a reason and really needs to be moved to OG but thanks to injuries he was forced to OT.....Pouncey really needs to add 15-20 pounds of muscle in the off-season and I'm tired of seeing him constantly pushed back into the pocket....Max Starks was our best/consistent OL all season and he even played like **** yesterday.....

You've never been so mean to me before :crying:

I'm not really bitching about Ben, I'm just kind of disappointed with the way that he ended the season. OK, so maybe I am bitching about him a little, I'm just saying that we have seen him be magic even with a busted o line and a less than amazing receiving corps, and he was just off this season.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-24-2012, 03:37 PM
You've never been so mean to me before :crying:

I'm not really bitching about Ben, I'm just kind of disappointed with the way that he ended the season. OK, so maybe I am bitching about him a little, I'm just saying that we have seen him be magic even with a busted o line and a less than amazing receiving corps, and he was just off this season.

I'm not being mean....I'm just saying I just think at times you need to lower expectations.....Really since the Chiefs game (besides the miracle win with Batch in Baltimore) has this offense shown any kind of magic?....You mentioned 2008 but even though the offense would be putrid for most the game they still made the plays to win the game when they had to....This offense never showed that at all this season....That is all I'm saying and if I sound mean its just that I'm frustrated as well when talking about this team.....

LatrobePA
12-24-2012, 03:50 PM
Can someone find that stats from last year to this year? Did we take a step back??

steelersbabex25
12-24-2012, 04:29 PM
I'm not being mean....I'm just saying I just think at times you need to lower expectations.....Really since the Chiefs game (besides the miracle win with Batch in Baltimore) has this offense shown any kind of magic?....You mentioned 2008 but even though the offense would be putrid for most the game they still made the plays to win the game when they had to....This offense never showed that at all this season....That is all I'm saying and if I sound mean its just that I'm frustrated as well when talking about this team.....

I was kidding about the mean part :lol: you can be as mean to me as you want.

I'm just saying I don't think it's unreasonable for me to expect our 100 m. franchise QB to win the biggest and most important game of the season and not totally choke.

Speeed
12-24-2012, 04:52 PM
Yes he has. He is not Vic but he usually gets a measurable number of yards and at least few touchdowns a year. He has nothing this year.

Ben's never been a runner. He uses his mobility to but time down field to throw the ball.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-25-2012, 12:04 AM
The OL didn't cause Ben to throw that interception in Dallas in OT or the one last Sunday that cost us the game. Blame his injury, blame poor mechanics, lack of concentration, or just choking in the heat of the moment. All I know is we haven't seen the 4th quarter Ben at all this season even before the injury. Since then it's been a total downward spiral.

What's the real reason? Haley? Just having an off year? Tomlin? I honestly don't know for sure what Ben's deal has been in critical situations but it seems to me he lost that cool in the pocket presence and ability to scramble and put the ball on the money. He's had happy feet since he came back and that leads to disaster. Maybe that injury screwed him up more than he's let on.

LatrobePA
12-25-2012, 12:44 AM
The OL didn't cause Ben to throw that interception in Dallas in OT or the one last Sunday that cost us the game. Blame his injury, blame poor mechanics, lack of concentration, or just choking in the heat of the moment. All I know is we haven't seen the 4th quarter Ben at all this season even before the injury. Since then it's been a total downward spiral.

What's the real reason? Haley? Just having an off year? Tomlin? I honestly don't know for sure what Ben's deal has been in critical situations but it seems to me he lost that cool in the pocket presence and ability to scramble and put the ball on the money. He's had happy feet since he came back and that leads to disaster. Maybe that injury screwed him up more than he's let on.

Clap clap clap!

LevonKirkland99
12-25-2012, 12:46 AM
Ben choked the last two games. Like BRC has mentioned, this is not the Ben we know. maybe his injuries caught up with him this year. He also clearly doesn't get along with Haley, and misses his buddy BA...

On one play Sunday, instead of running for the first down since he had open field in front of him, he threw the deep ball for an incompletion!!!

Weird that both INTs were intended for Mr. Wallace :) Merry christmas!

NYCsteelersfan
12-25-2012, 12:52 AM
I honestly don't know for sure what Ben's deal has been in critical situations but it seems to me he lost that cool in the pocket presence and ability to scramble and put the ball on the money. He's had happy feet since he came back and that leads to disaster. Maybe that injury screwed him up more than he's let on.

This is what I've seen from Roethlisberger since 2008 or so. People always criticize him for not being a pocket passer, which is laughable because he hasn't had an offensive line capable of creating a pocket for more than a couple of seconds. This offensive line has been one of the worst in football for years now. Not only can't they create a comfortable pocket for the quarterback, but they can't even run block, which further exposes Roethliberger as defenses are aware of our complete lack of rush attack.

Roethlisberger is sick of being hit and his play is starting to show it.

Crash
12-25-2012, 01:15 AM
Ben thew a TD to Wallace in the 4th in Denver.

The defense gave it back.

Ben's offense rallied from 10 down in the 4th in New York.

Ben's offense needed a FG on their last drive to beat Philly.

The problem is, when you try to squeak out wins every week? Sometimes you get bit by it.

If someone can explain to me why with 3:12 left we were running the ball from our 46, then with :44 seconds left from our 11 we were passing? I'm all ears.

2nd and 6 from the 36, and Rashard Mendenhall lost 2 yards.

THAT friends, was the ball game.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-25-2012, 02:43 AM

I'm not saying the OL is to blame for Ben throwing an INT but the offensive line was terrible all game vs the Bengals...A blind man could see there were terrible......Plus a QB that keeps getting hit at the rate Roethlisberger does will eventually effect him in a negative way........I said Ben was terrible yesterday but saying he was the sole reason this team lost or missed the play-offs is flat wrong and really throwing Ben under the bus for it is also wrong......Blame for this debacle of a season falls on Art II, Tomlin, Haley, Ben, The YMC, horrid special teams play, LaMarr Woodley..........I could go on but why....lol

Crash
12-25-2012, 03:32 AM
Because people resent Ben because of rumors. In their eyes Ben is the guy who raped two women.

Just like Kordell was the guy in Schenley Park.

When Art gives them what they want and they trade Ben? Don't whine when he wins a ring somewhere else.

Stone
12-25-2012, 07:55 AM

Watch the body language on the sidelines between Ben and Haley. Ben ignores Haley when he talks like most of us ignore our wife when she's bitching at us.

City of Champyinz
12-25-2012, 10:17 AM
Watch the body language on the sidelines between Ben and Haley. Ben ignores Haley when he talks like most of us ignore our wife when she's bitching at us.

+1 lol

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

LevonKirkland99
12-25-2012, 11:59 AM

What is this supposed to mean? Ben is a great Steeler but he has to adapt to Haley. Well, they hired the guy, so they must know he is a good fit...Not sure why everyone is making a big deal about Ben- Haley relationship.

If we had a decent OL, then things would've turned out to be different!

Crash
12-25-2012, 12:04 PM

They rarely talk standing on the sideline. They do most of their talking back behind the bench when they look at the pictures from up top.

One thing you DO notice at games is TOMLIN rarely speaks to Haley, barely even notices him.

HUNT4SEVEN
12-25-2012, 10:11 PM

THANK U...this needed to be said and i approve this message lol really though he needs to GTFU and be a professional, hopefully with the big boss back he will get this ship righted...

Crash
12-26-2012, 01:06 AM
Ben has never asked for pity. If anything he never uses injuries as an excuse.

There's nothing to right, Ben won't be here in 2013, the haters have won. Ben will be with Arians in 2013.

LatrobePA
12-26-2012, 10:45 AM
Ben has never asked for pity. If anything he never uses injuries as an excuse.

There's nothing to right, Ben won't be here in 2013, the haters have won. Ben will be with Arians in 2013.

Yea because the colts need a QB! Lol wtf are you thinking?

steelersbabex25
12-26-2012, 11:37 AM

LOL true.

Crash
12-26-2012, 12:00 PM

Arians will be somewhere else as a head coach. Ben will join him.

steelchamp204
12-26-2012, 01:24 PM
Arians will be somewhere else as a head coach. Ben will join him.

0/10 for trolling. Please try again.

Crash
12-26-2012, 01:56 PM
You give me reasons WHY you think Ben will be here?

Rooney doesn't value Ben. Haley doesn't value Ben because he only did what Rooney wanted.

The ONLY guy who values Ben was Tomlin, and Rooney went over his head and canned Arians.

Those are facts.

Feel free to try and dispute them.

JensK
12-26-2012, 02:14 PM
You give me reasons WHY you think Ben will be here?

Rooney doesn't value Ben. Haley doesn't value Ben because he only did what Rooney wanted.

The ONLY guy who values Ben was Tomlin, and Rooney went over his head and canned Arians.

Those are facts.

Feel free to try and dispute them.

Okay, Will do!

1. Rooney valued Ben enough to give him a 108 mil contract.

2. Firing Ariens has little to dó with Ben. You are doing nothing but grasping straws by trying to make that connection. Furthermore, Haley has claimed on multiple occasions that he believes Ben to be one of the Best QB in the league. He even made a gameplan which should have kept him healthy, which for most of the season succeeded.

3. Fact is that you have provided us with zero facts, and backed it up with even fewer. All you've said id what you personally believes which is fine, but do not try to selv it as facts; they are not.

steelchamp204
12-26-2012, 02:23 PM
Okay, Will do!

2. Firing Ariens has little to dó with Ben. You are doing nothing but grasping straws by trying to make that connection. Furthermore, Haley has claimed on multiple occasions that he believes Ben to be one of the Best QB in the league. He even made a gameplan which should have kept him healthy, which for most of the season succeeded.

3. Fact is that you have provided us with zero facts, and backed it up with even fewer. All you've said id what you personally believes which is fine, but do not try to selv it as facts; they are not.

He is a delusional idiot. Dont mind him Jen

Crash
12-26-2012, 03:03 PM

That was DAN ROONEY, not Art. That contract was signed long BEFORE Dan went to Ireland.

2. Firing Ariens has little to dó with Ben.

Are you nuts? It had EVERYTHING to do with Ben. For some reason Art doesn't like the fact that Arians and Ben are close. They live in the same Georgia area in the off season, and they golf there all the time. The offense was catered to Ben by Arians. To the plays, to the terminology.

We'll see where Arians ends up. If he's in the NFC? Ben will join him.

Ben is a $20 million cap hit next season. What if the Rooney's ask him to re-work (no new money, just the same money) and he says NO?

Then what?

I don't believe Ben really has issues with Haley. If Ben has any issues with anyone? It's Art.