PDA

View Full Version : Trouble at the top?

Stone
12-22-2012, 07:49 PM
Players play and coaches coach. But what leads to what appears to be a total lack of fire in the belly?

We Steeler fans have watched this team dance through the season as if they had a rag doll for a partner. We've complained about Wallace and AB, we've complained about the O-line, the secondary, the injuries, the LB's, Mendendipshit, etc, etc,........on and on!

But why the hell are we not seeing any desire on the sidelines? Why is Ben ignoring Haley? Why isn't there a vocal leader on this team? Why isn't there a coach who looks to be alive on the sidelines?

Crash
12-22-2012, 08:09 PM
Ben ignores Haley?

Here's something people need to understand, Tomlin does his coaching at the bench with players DURING commercials. He's constantly back with the players when they are at commercials.

He's not Cowher, and I wish people would quit telling him to be.

Stone
12-22-2012, 08:32 PM
Ben ignores Haley?

Here's something people need to understand, Tomlin does his coaching at the bench with players DURING commercials. He's constantly back with the players when they are at commercials.

He's not Cowher, and I wish people would quit telling him to be.

During commercials? So he waits for the light to go off on the camera and then goes and fires them up? Doubt it, but if so, it still isn't working!

Crash
12-22-2012, 08:55 PM
What does yelling on camera do? Players are playing the game, yelling at them while on the field is rare. You speak to then when they aren't playing and off the field.

Execution is the problem. Not Tomlin acting like a buffoon like Cowher did.

LevonKirkland99
12-22-2012, 09:46 PM
I am not sure if all the blame should be directed towards the coaching staff, but I think Tomlin isn't doing a great job this year. We will find out after the season is over, and the dust is settled?

Get7With7
12-22-2012, 09:53 PM
If I were Ben, I wouldn't like a guy who handcuffs me until the last 2 minutes of a game where I have to bail the team out.

LatrobePA
12-23-2012, 09:32 AM
If I were Ben, I wouldn't like a guy who handcuffs me until the last 2 minutes of a game where I have to bail the team out.

Or until they're down by 14 points! Why not come out attacking??? I hate this!

City of Champyinz
12-23-2012, 09:44 AM

+1

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Nolrog
12-23-2012, 10:06 AM
There's no trouble at the top. It's people trying to stir the pot and making up some crap.

jpele
12-23-2012, 11:09 AM
:yellowthumb:
There's no trouble at the top. It's people trying to stir the pot and making up some crap.

Stone
12-23-2012, 11:12 AM

By the top, I mean coaching. This team has been flat for more games than they have been up.

Get7With7
12-23-2012, 12:07 PM

Because they're scared. Period. This team worries too much about what "could" go wrong rather than making something happen.

It doesn't help that management still wants the team to worry more about time of possession instead of scoring.

LatrobePA
12-23-2012, 12:09 PM
It's Tomlin, the style points theory! Winning by 1 point is his way of blowing out a team!