PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Cowboys Coaching Vacancy

Steeler_Storm
01-31-2007, 01:12 PM
Is it safe to say that former Dallas Cowboys offensive coordinator Norv Turner, who coached the Washington Redskins from 1994 to 2001, is now the new head coach of the Dallas Cowboys?

Please correct me if I am mistaken (and I could be wrong on this).

AZ_Steeler
01-31-2007, 01:15 PM
Those are the rumors that I have heard as well. IMO I think it is a safe assumption but we never know until there are signatures on the dotted line! :dunno:

DIESELMAN
01-31-2007, 01:48 PM
What happened to Singletary? I heard that Turner doesn't want to leave SF he has family there and moving would cause him and his family problems. :dunno:

Steelerlyn
01-31-2007, 02:47 PM
What happened to Singletary? I heard that Turner doesn't want to leave SF he has family there and moving would cause him and his family problems. :dunno:

Maybe the money JJ may or may not offer, will dull the blow of moving LOL :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

Steelerlyn
01-31-2007, 02:48 PM
BTW, it is great to see you here, Leonard...... Steeler_Storm

Black@Gold Forever32
01-31-2007, 02:53 PM
I have no idea why Jerry Jones would want Norv Turner as HC? I know he was the OC during their Super Bowl runs in the early 90's. But he was a terrible HC with the Skins and Raiders.

I would have hired Mike Singletary myself. Oh well I could careless if the Cowboys suck.

DIESELMAN
01-31-2007, 03:01 PM
Definitely Singletary hes paid his dues.....

BlitzburghRockCity
01-31-2007, 05:00 PM
I have no idea why Jerry Jones would want Norv Turner as HC? I know he was the OC during their Super Bowl runs in the early 90's. But he was a terrible HC with the Skins and Raiders.

I would have hired Mike Singletary myself. Oh well I could careless if the Cowboys suck.

:plus1: Singletary was a monster, the cowbody would do well to him on their staff in some fashion either as a DC or HC. If there's anybody that could whip TO into shape, it would be him.

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-31-2007, 06:03 PM
:plus1: Singletary was a monster, the cowbody would do well to him on their staff in some fashion either as a DC or HC. If there's anybody that could whip TO into shape, it would be him.

Singletary was just interviewed to comply with the rooney rule. He was never a serious canidate for the job.

RW318
02-01-2007, 12:46 AM
Never know...they interviewed him for a fairly long time....a damn long time.

Steelersfan
02-01-2007, 12:49 AM
Well Grimms was 6 and a half hours long and you see where that got him.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-01-2007, 12:50 AM
Trust me, we know all about LONG interviews, it doesn't imply anything :lol:

Koopa
02-01-2007, 12:57 AM
Singletary was just interviewed to comply with the rooney rule. He was never a serious canidate for the job.

no he wasn't.....they already interviewed that minority, it was someone on the staff but he ended up going to the the cards with whiz....... singletary is a serious candiadate

also, i heard if norv comes he wants full control of everything........... if that's true i don't see him coming....jones would never give full control to someone he's hiring just so garrett can grow as a coach more.........

i also heard that they will wait till after the super bowl old plastic face can interview ron rivera

and yeah, long interviews mean pretty much nothing.......... tomlin 4 and a half hours....grimm 6 and a half hours..............

BlitzburghNation
02-01-2007, 01:45 AM
Said on sirius that he will not announce a coach until after the superbowl !
Also said, he's gonna interview more candidates
Like we give a Rat's ***,,,,,, :hilarious:

RW318
02-01-2007, 01:58 AM
You do....other wise you would have disregarded what he said lol.

Well it's not some fake interview like people said....that's the point I was trying to make. When Jerry knew he was gonna sign Bill as the coach he took advantage of the rule and probably didn't even give the guy an hour long interview.

He's gonna make a good choice cause the team is set up to win and the last thing you want is a mistake at H.C.....so rest assured everyone getting interviewed....is a serious candidate.

SteelersfaninPhilly
02-01-2007, 10:12 AM
Koopa, I can tell right now. Singletary will not be getting another call. Unless he agrees to be a puppet for jones.

no he wasn't.....they already interviewed that minority, it was someone on the staff but he ended up going to the the cards with whiz....... singletary is a serious candiadate

also, i heard if norv comes he wants full control of everything........... if that's true i don't see him coming....jones would never give full control to someone he's hiring just so garrett can grow as a coach more.........

i also heard that they will wait till after the super bowl old plastic face can interview ron rivera

and yeah, long interviews mean pretty much nothing.......... tomlin 4 and a half hours....grimm 6 and a half hours..............

AZ_Steeler
02-01-2007, 10:17 AM
Rumors swirling on the Radio last night was that Revera (sp), the Bears DC, is to be heading to Dallas next week for an interview...

BlitzburghRockCity
02-01-2007, 10:25 AM
Rivera would be a good guy for Jerry to hire and the cowboys would be a better team for it. Singletary is just the fiery, outgoing type coach that could do well in Dallas.

Captcoolhand
02-01-2007, 10:45 AM
If Jerry Jones was a Headcoach, He would try to run that whole team himself. What an *******! take away his money and he wouldn't be ****!
Parcells is a good coach and ya his days has come to an end, but there's more to it.... that he didn't want to go back to Dallas:2cents:

RW318
02-01-2007, 10:57 AM
Yeah the fact that his coaching style wasn't working for the team...cause they had collapses in games they should have won. That's my guess.....

SteelersfaninPhilly
02-01-2007, 05:09 PM
Jones will screw this up anyway.

RW318
02-02-2007, 05:45 AM
He needs to just stick to hiring his buddies. The two coaches who were labeled as long time friends won Superbowls.

Ambridge
02-02-2007, 03:51 PM
If Jerry Jones was a Headcoach, He would try to run that whole team himself.

I believe I've heard the option of Jerry Jones naming himself the head coach of the Cowboys batted around on at least a couple of talk shows.

If Jerry Jones were to name himself the head coach then he's officially knocked Al Davis out of his perennial title of: "Controlling Old Coot that is running his NFL team into the ground".