PDA

View Full Version : Where is our confidence Steeler fans?

jtretz
12-21-2012, 06:32 PM
I just read the score predictions for the Bengals game and can't beleive it. Most of them picked the Bengals and there were many Bengal blow outs predicted. I know this is a bad omen most of the time but all of the NFL experts are picking the Steelers. The only game we really looked like complete crap was the San Diego game. All the other losses were caused by turnovers. If we don't turn the ball over and show a little toughness on defense we should beat this team and for that matter any team. The San Diego game was Ben's first game back and we took it too lightly and had costly turnovers. We lost to Dallas on turnovers. We lost to Oakland, and Tennesee by taking them lightly and turnovers. We know how important this game is and I think we will respond with a victory. Heinz feild needs to be filled up with loud aggesive fans to show the Steelers we beleive in them.

LatrobePA
12-21-2012, 06:36 PM
Lost 4 out of the past 5 and has yet to play with any kind of fire. It's painful to watch quite honestly!

Crash
12-21-2012, 06:40 PM
I have confidence in the players.

I don't believe the coaches have the same confidence in them as I do.

We coach not to lose, instead of playing to win.

Farrior Fan
12-21-2012, 06:44 PM
I have been pretty quiet lately, but it seems most of the active posters here are predicting that we are done for this season. I am wondering if they are considering that we only lose to crappy teams. We still have Ben and some of the best WRs in the league. Some of our Oline is getting healthy again. Ike should be back for the playoffs. This is not a year I have written off, and I am admittedly a very optimistic Steeler fan. But this trend that has plagued us of being on the wrong end of turnovers most of the time will end. If it ends right now we could go on a great run starting this week. Over the past few years we have owned both Ohio teams, we win both and we are in the playoffs. NE scares me as do the Texans, other than that we can ***EASILY*** beat any other team in the AFC if we play a good game. If we play a great game we can still beat any team in the NFL. I hate to admit that Peter King is right, but he is. If we are not 11-5 and at least get to the AFC championship game then we sucked. Two of my best friends are die-hard Skins and Lions fans, I catch myself complaining to them every once in a while about our coaching or our execution or our draft. It is when I get a nasty look that I realize how great of an organization we have been since the early 90s. Anyone who is giving up hope on this group is -JUST IN MY OPINION- a dumbass.

LatrobePA
12-21-2012, 06:49 PM
Hi my name is Kevin and I'm a dumbass!

Two games this year the team showed guts the rest have been ok. Then the losses, ewwwww! The past two weeks were must win games and we laid stinkers. Why will this week be any different?

I don't want to give up on them and hope like hell they come out with some damn fire and demolish the bungles but this team scares me!

Rhyno
12-21-2012, 06:50 PM
I have been pretty quiet lately, but it seems most of the active posters here are predicting that we are done for this season. I am wondering if they are considering that we only lose to crappy teams. We still have Ben and some of the best WRs in the league. Some of our Oline is getting healthy again. Ike should be back for the playoffs. This is not a year I have written off, and I am admittedly a very optimistic Steeler fan. But this trend that has plagued us of being on the wrong end of turnovers most of the time will end. If it ends right now we could go on a great run starting this week. Over the past few years we have owned both Ohio teams, we win both and we are in the playoffs. NE scares me as do the Texans, other than that we can ***EASILY*** beat any other team in the AFC if we play a good game. If we play a great game we can still beat any team in the NFL. I hate to admit that Peter King is right, but he is. If we are not 11-5 and at least get to the AFC championship game then we sucked. Two of my best friends are die-hard Skins and Lions fans, I catch myself complaining to them every once in a while about our coaching or our execution or our draft. It is when I get a nasty look that I realize how great of an organization we have been since the early 90s. Anyone who is giving up hope on this group is -JUST IN MY OPINION- a dumbass.

Nice post.

My confidence is not very high, but my hopes are extremely high. Steelers can win this week and next. I think they will.

Rhyno
12-21-2012, 06:53 PM
Hi my name is Kevin and I'm a dumbass!

Two games this year the team showed guts the rest have been ok. Then the losses, ewwwww! The past two weeks were must win games and we laid stinkers. Why will this week be any different?

I don't want to give up on them and hope like hell they come out with some damn fire and demolish the bungles but this team scares me!

While you are, most likely, not really a dumbass, you do not know what the term "must win" means.

LatrobePA
12-21-2012, 06:54 PM
While you are, most likely, not really a dumbass, you do not know what the term "must win" means.

Lets see... I hope that and this is a div opponent!

Clevelandsux
12-21-2012, 07:15 PM
Well they havent really given us much to be confident about. I'm just trying to be hopeful. Besides it doesn't come down to us anyway, it comes down to the players to perform. Our reactions are only based on what we've seen.

steelchamp204
12-21-2012, 07:18 PM
I have confidence, but not like teams prior to this one. I think they can win this game to where a couple of seasons ago I knew they were going to win.

Real Deal Steel
12-21-2012, 07:45 PM
Go ask Mike Wallace. Then you'll see where the confidence has gone.

LevonKirkland99
12-21-2012, 08:11 PM
This team is not well coached. Just take a look at the teams we lost to...

City of Champyinz
12-21-2012, 09:00 PM
Im pissed after every loss, but i remain optimistic before and during games.... Lol. I have all the confidence in the world in the Steelers. They are not a bunch of scrubs that cant win.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

steelspikes
12-21-2012, 09:23 PM
This team is not well coached. Just take a look at the teams we lost to...
Bingo. Under Tomlin, sad to say, this team has played consistently down to the level of competition. How can there be confidence when you don't know which team is going to show up: the team that beat Giants in all phases, or the bumblers who fumbled all over the city of Cleveland?

RIVERS OF STEEL
12-21-2012, 10:09 PM
All I would like to see is consistent play. A few losses, no biggie. But, losing this many times to the crummiest teams in the NFL and not knowing what team will show up on game day is maddening beyond description. Confidence = 0.

By the way, this behavior has been trending for more than this year.

Crash
12-21-2012, 10:14 PM
This team dating back to the Noll era in the early 1980s has often played down/up to it's competition. Nothing new.

jnes1216
12-22-2012, 03:15 AM
I wanted to predict a Bengals win too, because everytime I have predicted a Steeler win on here..they lost. I'm trying to reverse jinx myself by saying the bengals will win. I'm about ready to go outside at midnight and twirl a dead cat over my head 13 times and bury it on the south side of a tree or something, anything to get a "W". But I'm in Antarctica right now and can't do any of those things, but I know Monday morning at 7am when the game starts here, I'll be right there on the edge of that couch watching my beloved black and gold and all the bullsh!t about wallace/brown, haley/ben, etc go away and I root for all 53.

Raleigh Steel
12-22-2012, 07:37 AM
before the season i was not very optimistic about what this team would accomplish this year. then the raiders and titans game happened and it confirmed my earliest predictions. but then the team changed, the defense started showing up, the offense was rolling, and the teams won 4 in a row and looked great in doing so. my suspicions were becoming incorrect. the steelers were proving me wrong and i was loving every minute of it.

then the chiefs game came along. once again the entire team played down to it's competition. ben got hurt, and the steelers really haven't recovered since. i thought after the ravens win, this team would steam roll into the playoffs. then they forgot to show up for the SD game...and that's why there is a lack of confidence in this team.

i will never give up them, and i'm usually the most optimistic person when it comes to the steelers, but i haven't been really optimistic with this team for 2 straight seasons now. last year we were 12-4 and we looked like **** all season long. we beat a lot of really, really bad teams then the broncos playoff game happened.

i'd love nothing more than to see the steelers win out, make the playoffs, and see what happens. when this team gets their **** together they can play with anybody.

gtadroptop
12-22-2012, 10:18 AM
Jim Valvano - "Don't Give Up . . . Don't Ever Give Up."

It's easy to be on board when you're winning, both as players and as fans. These are the times that test character. The Steelers will either implode and sink into extended mediocrity or they will show championship mettle. Every other time this team has gone through a losing stretch in the modern era, I don't think the players ever gave up on themselves. I hope that will be the case this time. What happens in the next few games will set the tone for the next few years, in my opinion.

North Steel
12-22-2012, 10:36 AM
How can u have confidence in a team that doesn't have any confidence in themselves.This team has been playing like a bunch of dog fu#kers.All I know is this team is getting bad for my health and my home decor.:banging:

steelspikes
12-22-2012, 01:18 PM
This team dating back to the Noll era in the early 1980s has often played down/up to it's competition. Nothing new.
Really? I remember under Cowher Steelers frequently beating up on weaker teams.

Crash
12-22-2012, 01:29 PM
Cowher lost to expansion Jacksonville in 1995, expansion Cleveland in 1999, and expansion Houston in 2002.

The 1998 Bengals were 1-13 vs. the rest of the NFL. 2-0 vs. the Steelers.

City of Champyinz
12-22-2012, 01:37 PM
How can u have confidence in a team that doesn't have any confidence in themselves.This team has been playing like a bunch of dog fu#kers.All I know is this team is getting bad for my health and my home decor.:banging:

I'm with you. As a Steeler fan, you're never at ease. I don't know why they cant put teams away. Brown's fumble last week was killer. There are moments in games where you think, "all we have to do is not turn the ball over, get a first down, or get a 3 & out on defense"....The Steelers have found themselves coming up short in situational football. Each person on this team needs to look at themselves and not be a contributor to a loss.

Moondog
12-22-2012, 02:29 PM
The truth that I see is this season has been derailed by injuries, specifically Big Ben and now Ike. The turnovers and drops have not helped either. With this being said, I think somewhere within this team beats the heart of a champion and I predict the Steelers will give the bungles hell, win or lose.

Omicron
12-22-2012, 07:41 PM
Cowher lost to expansion Jacksonville in 1995, expansion Cleveland in 1999, and expansion Houston in 2002.

The 1998 Bengals were 1-13 vs. the rest of the NFL. 2-0 vs. the Steelers.
Stinking Carl Pickens and that pain in the neck short side pass that would burn Woodson.

Stone
12-22-2012, 08:39 PM
Lost 4 out of the past 5 and has yet to play with any kind of fire. It's painful to watch quite honestly!

This is what irks me......where is the fire? Cowher would be eating people on the sidelines! I think Haley knows he is Ben's bitch and I think Tomlin has lost the team.

Real Deal Steel
12-23-2012, 05:16 PM
It's one thing to be a fan. But as you saw today, being a realist is the way to go. We stink and this embarrassing loss at home will bring about change.

So much for unrealistic confindence. :rolleyes:

North Steel
12-23-2012, 05:48 PM
Here's my confidence :bigfinger:

RIVERS OF STEEL
12-23-2012, 06:15 PM
Mine is in the shitter. Being bitter and sorrowful beyond today is completely pointless. We sucked, we lost. We will be back. We will be winners again. It is always this way.

steelchamp204
12-23-2012, 06:59 PM
Im confused, I never thought we were a SB conteneder this season, but I thought we would atleast be 9-7.

LatrobePA
12-23-2012, 07:17 PM
Im confused, I never thought we were a SB conteneder this season, but I thought we would atleast be 9-7.

We have a good chance of being 7-9...

steelchamp204
12-23-2012, 08:03 PM
We have a good chance of being 7-9...

Yea, It was just a weird season. They played tough today and that was a +, well atleast on the defensive side of the ball. I really hope we get a good Oline coach this coming season, this line has so much potential to have 3 probowlers on it in the future.