PDA

View Full Version : Steelers versus Bengals: Who wins and WHY?? Score predictions!!!

Troyisabeast_43
12-20-2012, 10:36 PM
I still dont have a real great feel for how this game is going to go but over the last day or so I am starting to lean more toward the Steelers in this game. I know the Steelers have had their problems this year but I just do not believe in the Bengals until I see them come in here and beat the Steelers with a playoff spot on the line. That franchise always chokes under pressure and more times then not will never let you down in terms of failing to get it done at crunch time. With that being said to answer my own questions here in this thread I am going to pick the Steelers to win 28-24 and why the Steelers will win is because I believe Ben Roethlisberger will play his best game of the season and simply not allow the Steelers to lose this game. You could tell by listening to him after the Dallas game how frustrated he was that he threw that INT in OT the way he did. I really believe that Ben will want to avenge that throw and that whole game overall this Sunday. So I think the Steelers win this game mainly because Ben Roethlisberger will play spectacular and outplay Dalton. I truly believe if the Steelers play a clean game on Sunday and dont turn the ball over at all during this game they will no doubt in my mind win this game...

Goodfrom55
12-20-2012, 10:47 PM
Alrighty. . .

Weather will not be a factor. Sunny and 35 degrees, W wind at 9 mph. This means Ben will wear gloves which makes me happy because he usually throws better when he wears gloves. I think there will be significant improvement in DeCastro's game which should open up some running holes. Will take a patient running game, good numbers on 3rd down and taking care of the football. Defensively, pressure Dalton up the middle and chip away at him any chance they get.

I see the Steelers coming out motivated and focused here playing a great football game here. Cincy is the proverbial Jack of all trades master of none football team and much like the Cowboys, they will have to be perfect to beat the Steelers. I don't see it happening with Cincy. AJ Green will get his TD and the Cincy line will get 3 or 4 sacks, but the Steelers do not turn the ball over in this game and for only the 2nd time all year, they play a complete game - Steelers win 27-21.

I am not naive; the Steelers could easily get blown out, but I just don't think they will.

North Steel
12-20-2012, 10:48 PM
:hoover:

Clevelandsux
12-21-2012, 12:24 AM
:hoover:

I'm going to be positive. This is a homegame, its on the the anniversary of the immaculate reception and on my birthday. Steelers 17 Bengals 10. But maybe i am north however. lol

elephantman
12-21-2012, 12:40 AM
Ike Taylor is why we beat them last time...we have serious problems at CB....so serious that I do not see how we will stop them.....we need 35 points from Ben , and i dont see that, I cant see us winning as hard as I am trying, bummer

The Lakelander
12-21-2012, 12:44 AM
I'm going to be positive too ... I got tickets to the final home game the following week ... and I ain't going to Heinz Field to freeze my *** off in late December if the Steelers are eliminated this Sunday AT HOME against the Bungals ...

scudmissile29
12-21-2012, 12:52 AM
we can get eliminated against the browns :)

p.s. isn't it win and were in against cincinnati?

Clevelandsux
12-21-2012, 01:07 AM
no but we'll be officially eliminated if we lose.

Crash
12-21-2012, 01:07 AM
We have to win this week and next week to guarantee a spot.

WE MUST WIN Sunday in any playoff scenario. Lose and we are OUT.

Clevelandsux
12-21-2012, 01:20 AM
If we beat the bengals, we'll own the tiebreaker. That's it. but if we lose next week and bengals win, they'll have a better record. right now the bengals are 8-6. we are 7-7.

Raleigh Steel
12-21-2012, 06:43 AM
listening to 93.7 the fan on my way in to pittsburgh yesterday, many callers were saying how the steelers were gonna blow out the bengals. one guy said 35-7! steelers were due for a big win, yada yada yada...

i honestly don't see them pulling off a win here. i think this team has ZERO confidence and the first sign of adversity in this game they will go into a shell. and i never thought i would say that about a steeler team.

hope they prove me wrong.

LatrobePA
12-21-2012, 09:20 AM
We just faced two must win games and laid eggs in both, this week will not be any different. We lose by 2 possessions!

scudmissile29
12-21-2012, 10:06 AM
Fire head connects with AJ Green to send the useless Steelers fans leaving early on a cold winters day in Heinz Field.

The Bengals wrap up the game, 31-7.

thx for the info guys, forgot that shithole city had a win ahead of us.

OldSchool58
12-21-2012, 10:07 AM
Bungles - 24
Steelers - 10

Steeler D will put 7 on the board with an interception return in the 2nd half. Steelers O will stall out and only put up 3 points early in the 1st quarter.

Real Deal Steel
12-21-2012, 11:14 AM
It will be a hard fought game because these are two teams that detest each other.

Bengals 20
Steelers 17

steelspikes
12-21-2012, 12:08 PM
41-14, Bengals. Our decimated secondary gets shredded; grumpy Ben throws 4 picks (and blames Haley) in his final game as Steeler.

steelchamp204
12-21-2012, 12:25 PM
28-10 Bengals

Clevelandsux
12-21-2012, 01:26 PM
I don't think the Steelers will get blown out. If anything, they will keep us hanging on until the last minute.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-21-2012, 01:41 PM
Since this is a must win game, no room for error whatsoever, they'll likely find a way to pull it out. Sadly this whole situation could have been avoided weeks ago if they had actually done what they're capable of and supposed to do.

Steelers 24
Bengals 14

Steveo
12-21-2012, 02:44 PM
It will be a hard fought game because these are two teams that detest each other.

Bengals 20
Steelers 17

I'm thinking along these same lines.

Get7With7
12-21-2012, 03:17 PM
Here's what will happen:

The Steelers will come out playing the way Coach Art wants them to. A long, clock-grinding drive with no WR running down field any more than 10 yards. The Steelers will take 10 minutes off the clock and kick a field goal. Then the Bengals will get the ball and score a TD in less than half that time (they aren't enamored with 70's smashmouth). Steelers get the ball back, rinse, repeat until the fourth quarter. The Steelers will be down, thus asking Ben to throw more and get them back into it. He'll make a heroic attempt, but won't get it done. It will be seen as Ben not being clutch anymore, while in truth the Steelers dicked around for the first three quarters. The defense will not make any turnovers nor will they get any sacks, but rather they'll worry about "tackling the catch." Wonder if Tomlin will think it's a good time to use those super secret two-point conversion plays?

Bengals 35
Steelers 27

Big T
12-21-2012, 04:41 PM
41-14, Bengals. Our decimated secondary gets shredded; grumpy Ben throws 4 picks (and blames Haley) in his final game as Steeler.

Maybe I'm just run down from finals, but this is a joke right?

Crash
12-21-2012, 05:05 PM

His last game will be in 2 weeks. Or if they lose they can shut him down to protect their trade.

I think Ben's done here after 2012. The organization proved this off season (and in years past) that they don't really value him.

Can't see Art paying Ben what Peyton and Brees just got in guaranteed money.

Big T
12-21-2012, 05:38 PM
His last game will be in 2 weeks. Or if they lose they can shut him down to protect their trade.

I think Ben's done here after 2012. The organization proved this off season (and in years past) that they don't really value him.

Am I missing something here? I think I may have had a stroke or something. Where the f*ck is this **** coming from?

And where the hell is the contract talk coming from? The man is signed through the 2015 season. An 8 year, $102 million contract after his 4th season definitely shows me how unimportant they think Ben is to this team.

Seriously, Wtf is going on right now? I've read some random and downright idiotic things on this board, but unless I really did have a stroke, this **** takes the cake.

steelchamp204
12-21-2012, 05:42 PM

I really hope you are just trolling. I mean, if your not. You're a complete dumbass.

LatrobePA
12-21-2012, 05:51 PM
I really hope you are just trolling. I mean, if your not. You're a complete dumbass.

He's just stirring the pot...

Crash
12-21-2012, 05:54 PM

Based on what we've seen since last off season, and now this BS offense, do you REALLY see Art paying Ben $60 million in guaranteed dollars?

Art basically blamed Ben (and Arians) for 2011. You think Ben is HAPPY about that?

If Art wants his run game, there is no need, to pay a QB $15 million a year to play here.

The ONLY way he stays IMO, is if Art admits he F'd up, quits meddling, and allows Tomlin to 1. Pick his own OC, and 2. Allows that OC to run this offense has he sees fit.

No more trying to recreate 1975, no more trying to protect the defense at the expense of the offense scoring points. No more infatuation with fullbacks and time of possession.

If you want a franchise QB here? Realize what he is, and get the F out of his way and allows him to do his job.

steelchamp204
12-21-2012, 05:54 PM
He's just stirring the pot...

No he said this kind of stuff in another thread. I thnk he is serious.

LatrobePA
12-21-2012, 05:55 PM
No he said this kind of stuff in another thread. I thnk he is serious.

Well then he's an fn idiot.

steelchamp204
12-21-2012, 05:55 PM
Based on what we've seen since last off season, and now this BS offense, do you REALLY see Art paying Ben $60 million in guaranteed dollars?

Art basically blamed Ben (and Arians) for 2011. You think Ben is HAPPY about that?

If Art wants his run game, there is no need, to pay a QB $15 million a year to play here.

The ONLY way he stays IMO, is if Art admits he F'd up, quits meddling, and allows Tomlin to 1. Pick his own OC, and 2. Allows that OC to run this offense has he sees fit.

No more trying to recreate 1975, no more trying to protect the defense at the expense of the offense scoring points. No more infatuation with fullbacks and time of possession.

If you want a franchise QB here? Realize what he is, and get the F out of his way and allows him to do his job.

Did you also believe that we were all suppose to die today also?

Crash
12-21-2012, 05:57 PM
Absolutely I'm serious. Because what they did this season with this offense is basically waste a prime season of Ben's career because we didn't want to admit that our 4th quarter defense has sucked for years.

Crash
12-21-2012, 05:59 PM
Did you also believe that we were all suppose to die today also?

Nope. But I noticed you didn't address any of the points though.

You can't handcuff Ben for 56 minutes of a 60 minute game and then unleash him at the end of a half or game and expect to win on a regular basis.

And that's basically all this season has been. It doesn't work.

Raleigh Steel
12-21-2012, 06:25 PM

Ben is attempting more passes per game this year than last. He's averaging a half an INT per game where last year he was averaging about 1 per game. He already has more td passes this year in 4 fewer games. His passer rating is 8 points higher than last season. His QBR is 5 points higher. He is being sacked less by about a half a sack per game. The steelers red zone efficiency is higher this year by about 4%. And his yards per completion is down by 0.6.

Oh, and the Steelers are rushing less per game this year than last.

everyone as forgotten how good this offense was doing before the chiefs game. yes, it looked horrible vs. SD but the entire team did, not just ben, or haley, or the o-line...EVERYONE! ben was having an MVP caliber season until he got hurt. the team isn't losing because of just the offense...there are injuries, turnovers, drive killing penalties, lack of defensive stops....it all has come together to produce an average season.

your argument holds no water...sorry!

Rhyno
12-21-2012, 06:29 PM
Absolutely I'm serious. Because what they did this season with this offense is basically waste a prime season of Ben's career because we didn't want to admit that our 4th quarter defense has sucked for years.

You have convinced me Ben will be leaving. Thank you. Who are they gonna get to QB this team? I believe you must have some inside sources.

Crash
12-21-2012, 06:35 PM
You have convinced me Ben will be leaving. Thank you. Who are they gonna get to QB this team? I believe you must have some inside sources.

It doesn't matter. They can have anyone out there to hand off for 3 hours.

The next two years are cap hell anyway. You ride it out, you clear your cap, and rebuild in 2015.

Crash
12-21-2012, 06:37 PM
Ben is attempting more passes per game this year than last. He's averaging a half an INT per game where last year he was averaging about 1 per game. He already has more td passes this year in 4 fewer games. His passer rating is 8 points higher than last season. His QBR is 5 points higher. He is being sacked less by about a half a sack per game. The steelers red zone efficiency is higher this year by about 4%. And his yards per completion is down by 0.6.

Oh, and the Steelers are rushing less per game this year than last.

everyone as forgotten how good this offense was doing before the chiefs game. yes, it looked horrible vs. SD but the entire team did, not just ben, or haley, or the o-line...EVERYONE! ben was having an MVP caliber season until he got hurt. the team isn't losing because of just the offense...there are injuries, turnovers, drive killing penalties, lack of defensive stops....it all has come together to produce an average season.

your argument holds no water...sorry!

And his yards per attempt? Notice how that one got skipped.

How many WR screens? How many passes at the end of the half or game?

Ben ranks about 25th in length of passes thrown in 2012. People look at the amount he throws, I look at the TYPE.

They've taken the premier deep thrower in football and have turned him into Trent Dilfer.

Rhyno
12-21-2012, 06:46 PM

Ben ranks about 25th in length of passes thrown in 2012. People look at the amount he throws, I look at the TYPE.

They've taken the premier deep thrower in football and have turned him into Trent Dilfer.

Maybe he is throwing a different TYPE of pass to try to keep him upright? The only thing that would keep him off the team next year is injury - what they are trying to prevent with the shorter throws.

But seriously, how about Ben for Tebow? Straight-up trade. Run the option. Makes sense to me.

Crash
12-21-2012, 06:57 PM
Maybe he is throwing a different TYPE of pass to try to keep him upright?

No, you do that with roll-outs, mis-direction, moving pockets, etc. You don't do that by limiting what he does for the sake of trying to run and resting your defense.

Slants, crossing patterns, etc. Get #81 and #46 off the field and use the weapons you have.

steelchamp204
12-21-2012, 07:16 PM
Crash, you want to put money on Ben being a Steeler next year? Say $100? I mean, thats easy money for you.

Crash
12-21-2012, 07:54 PM
Nope because I don't want it to happen. But I do know this status quo can't continue.

Either Art has to allow Tomlin to choose his OC, or I could see Ben asking for his out. He's not going to waste the last 3 years of prime football he has left being in a square peg round hole offense.

This is John Elway vs. Dan Reeves all over again.

But Art can't fire himself like Bowlen did to Reeves. He owns the team.

Big T
12-21-2012, 07:55 PM
Crash, you want to put money on Ben being a Steeler next year? Say $100? I mean, thats easy money for you.

Make that $10,000, Crash...

Raleigh Steel
12-21-2012, 08:07 PM

Sorry dude, yards per completion was meant to say yards per attempt. So your argument still doesn't hold water. How many we screens were run during the BA years? It's not a new thing.

Nolrog
12-21-2012, 08:16 PM
I really don't know what to expect from this team right now. I wouldn't be surprised if we lost and I wouldn't be surprised if we blew them out.

Crash
12-21-2012, 08:18 PM
How many we screens were run during the BA years?

Not as many as Haley. And how many were to get Hines his 1000 catches? Yeah, we ran WR screens with Arians but we also went vertical.

Case in point first down at the 50 last week after Browns big return. BA would have attacked the Cowboys.

Haley ran twice and threw a dump to Will Johnson.

THEN Dallas went down and scored. Totally changed the momentum of the game.

We don't attack on offense anymore. We play not to lose and to rest our defense.

steelspikes
12-21-2012, 09:31 PM
I hope it is; sometimes I just prepare for the worst so that when or if it doesn't happen I feel relieved.

steelchamp204
12-21-2012, 09:50 PM
CRASH YOU ON FOR THAT$100 BET??? Ill send you my paypal info so you can pay me. You will have 8 months to save up.

Crash
12-21-2012, 10:12 PM
Nope, because I don;t want it to happen and I'm not gaining from it if it does.

If the philosophy on offense does not change? Ben won't be here. He won't want to be a caretaker in his prime, and Rooney would be a fool to pay him what he's worth if he's not the focal point of the offense.

Hopefully Bidwell will hire Haley to coach the Cards, and we can move on from this miserable set up and get back to winning games if Art decides to realize he's not a coach, he's an owner.

steelchamp204
12-21-2012, 11:23 PM
I could only imagine if this team was 4-10 right now.

LatrobePA
12-21-2012, 11:26 PM

Can you say "postal" ?

steelchamp204
12-21-2012, 11:38 PM
Can you say "postal" ?

Trade everyone :lol: Turn the Turf blue, Instead of Renegade they can play the beatles. Everything haha

LatrobePA
12-21-2012, 11:39 PM
Trade everyone :lol: Turn the Turf blue, Instead of Renegade they can play the beatles. Everything haha

Would be a freaking mess! lol

Crash
12-21-2012, 11:46 PM
Missing the playoffs is missing the playoffs. Be it 8-8 or 4-10.

First words out of Art's yapper to Ben after the season if he plans to keep him better be "I'm sorry".

Because Art's the one who's responsible for this crap.

Clevelandsux
12-22-2012, 04:17 AM

dude quit smoking crack. ben aint going nowhere.
do you have inside info? Do u talk to the rooneys on a daily basis? I cant stand people that just come on here to stir the pot.

Clevelandsux
12-22-2012, 04:18 AM

Did u live in the 1980s?

pontiacbubba
12-22-2012, 05:20 AM
Man if the REAL Steelers Team shows up 30-17 Steelers.

Raleigh Steel
12-22-2012, 07:25 AM
Not as many as Haley. And how many were to get Hines his 1000 catches? Yeah, we ran WR screens with Arians but we also went vertical.

Case in point first down at the 50 last week after Browns big return. BA would have attacked the Cowboys.

Haley ran twice and threw a dump to Will Johnson.

THEN Dallas went down and scored. Totally changed the momentum of the game.

We don't attack on offense anymore. We play not to lose and to rest our defense.

you're just flat out wrong on BA and his WR screen plays.

but interesting that you brought up the dallas game. guess you forgot about this game:
2009: Steelers vs. raiders

opening kickoff returned to the raiders 19.
1-10: ben to holmes, 5 yards
2-5: mendenhall off left tackle, -1 yard
3-6: ben to holmes, short pass middle, incomplete

mendenhall runs 60 yards to the raiders 14 yard line.
1-10: mendenhall up the middle for 4.
2-6: mendenhall off right guard for 5.
3-1: mendenhall up the middle for no gain.
4-1: big ben sneak for no gain.

that is just one example. so keep trying to rewrite the BA experience...it won't fly. but if that's not enough, here are some more numbers for you:

Under BA:
ATT: 456.2/game CMP: 289.2/game CMP%: 63.4

Under TH:
ATT: 398/game CMP: 255 CMP%: 64.1

Under BA:
Yards per game: 247.39 AVG per ATT: 7.91 TD/game: 1.55 TD/season: 22.6

Under TH:
Yards per game: 264.64 AVG per ATT: 7.31 TD/game: 2 TD/season: Incomplete (pace for 26 this season)

Under BA:
INT/game: .78 INT/season: 11.4 QBR: 60.45 QB RATING: 94.36

Under TH:
INT/game: .55 INT/season: incomplete (pace for 7) QBR: 68.3 QB RATING: 98.1

Under BA:
Sacks/game: 2.94 Sacks/season: 43

Under TH:
Sacks/game: 2.18 Sacks/season: incomplete (pace for 28)

Under BA:
red zone efficiency: 53.37

Under TH:
red zone efficiency: currently 54.55

Under BA:
rushing ATT/game: 460.8 rushing yards/season: 1896

Under TH:
rushing ATT/game: incomplete (pace for 403) rushing yards/season: incomplete (pace for 1544)

so as you can see, your entire premise is bogus. you made a snap judgement of the entire season season on one drive. ben is actually throwing more, is more accurate, has more TD's, less INT's, and gets sacked less under haley. the team is actually running less. so ART isn't getting what he wants, ben isn't just turning around and handing off the ball, and the offense is in slightly better hands now than it was under BA.

so, again, your entire argument that ben won't be here next year for the reasons you stated are just flat out wrong. you went hyper-emotional after one drive of one game. thank God you have zero input in the day to day functions of the team.

steelchamp204
12-22-2012, 08:18 AM
Did u live in the 1980s?

Well I guees you can say I did. Was born in 88. So, memory doesnt serve me good for the 80's haha.

steelchamp204
12-22-2012, 08:21 AM
you're just flat out wrong on BA and his WR screen plays.

but interesting that you brought up the dallas game. guess you forgot about this game:
2009: Steelers vs. raiders

opening kickoff returned to the raiders 19.
1-10: ben to holmes, 5 yards
2-5: mendenhall off left tackle, -1 yard
3-6: ben to holmes, short pass middle, incomplete

mendenhall runs 60 yards to the raiders 14 yard line.
1-10: mendenhall up the middle for 4.
2-6: mendenhall off right guard for 5.
3-1: mendenhall up the middle for no gain.
4-1: big ben sneak for no gain.

that is just one example. so keep trying to rewrite the BA experience...it won't fly. but if that's not enough, here are some more numbers for you:

Under BA:
ATT: 456.2/game CMP: 289.2/game CMP%: 63.4

Under TH:
ATT: 398/game CMP: 255 CMP%: 64.1

Under BA:
Yards per game: 247.39 AVG per ATT: 7.91 TD/game: 1.55 TD/season: 22.6

Under TH:
Yards per game: 264.64 AVG per ATT: 7.31 TD/game: 2 TD/season: Incomplete (pace for 26 this season)

Under BA:
INT/game: .78 INT/season: 11.4 QBR: 60.45 QB RATING: 94.36

Under TH:
INT/game: .55 INT/season: incomplete (pace for 7) QBR: 68.3 QB RATING: 98.1

Under BA:
Sacks/game: 2.94 Sacks/season: 43

Under TH:
Sacks/game: 2.18 Sacks/season: incomplete (pace for 28)

Under BA:
red zone efficiency: 53.37

Under TH:
red zone efficiency: currently 54.55

Under BA:
rushing ATT/game: 460.8 rushing yards/season: 1896

Under TH:
rushing ATT/game: incomplete (pace for 403) rushing yards/season: incomplete (pace for 1544)

so as you can see, your entire premise is bogus. you made a snap judgement of the entire season season on one drive. ben is actually throwing more, is more accurate, has more TD's, less INT's, and gets sacked less under haley. the team is actually running less. so ART isn't getting what he wants, ben isn't just turning around and handing off the ball, and the offense is in slightly better hands now than it was under BA.

so, again, your entire argument that ben won't be here next year for the reasons you stated are just flat out wrong. you went hyper-emotional after one drive of one game. thank God you have zero input in the day to day functions of the team.

Ding ding ding ding. Now stfu crash. Thanks.

Btw, where did you get these stats from? Im trying to find some new stat sites. ThanksRS

Crash
12-22-2012, 11:38 AM

If I was running this team this wouldn't be happening.

I would value my franchise QB and stop handcuffing him.

I mentioned the 50 yard line and you are mentioning red zone. Our red zone problems, are caused because we can't run the ball in it.

BUT THAT'S WHAT PEOPLE WANTED BA, AND NOW HALEY TO DO!

Run the ball, Stiller Football, yoi hmm ha okle dokle!

2009 vs. Green Bay: First play from scrimmage after a 12 yard punt return by Logan.

B.Roethlisberger pass deep right to M.Wallace for 60 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

at Miami

2nd and 8 at PIT 46 B.Roethlisberger pass deep right to M.Wallace for 54 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

at Detroit

1st and 10 at DET 47 B.Roethlisberger pass deep middle to M.Wallace for 47 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

Funny how this drive was missed when you were looking at the Raider game.

Logan with another solid return, next play:

1st and 10 at PIT 40 B.Roethlisberger pass deep left to S.Holmes to OAK 3 for 57 yards (T.Branch).
1st and 3 at OAK 3 #64 Legursky reports as elgible receiver. R.Mendenhall left end for 3 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

Two plays, 60 yards. TD.

2010 at Miami

Sanders gives them a good kickoff return, next play?

1st and 10 at PIT 47 B.Roethlisberger pass deep left to M.Wallace for 53 yards, TOUCHDOWN [C.Wake].

Troy picks off McCoy in Cleveland, next play?

B.Roethlisberger pass deep middle to M.Wallace for 56 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

See the pattern here? Make a big play on special teams or defense? Then attack on offense.

Arians did, Haley doesn't.

And that's all I said, wasn't it?

Now we just putz along, trying to play 1970s football, dink and dunk, every run is up the middle.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Oh ****! Last two minutes of a game or half!

BEN HELP!

That doesn't work in THIS NFL.

Arians had problems too (mostly his infatuation with having David Johnson and Matt Spaeth on the field, tipping run or pass based on formation) but Haley's logic, and his play-calling, make BA look like Einstein.

My opinion is, and will remain, if this is the offense we plan on keeping, then Ben won't be here in 2013 to run it.

SteelerCountry58
12-22-2012, 09:41 PM
If our boys can't get up for this must win game then F them all.
Steelers MUST win this game. Steelers 27-17

LatrobePA
12-22-2012, 09:49 PM
Ryan Clark running his mouth, shut up and play, the bengals are hot and your team is not!

Clevelandsux
12-22-2012, 10:16 PM
Ryan Clark running his mouth, shut up and play, the bengals are hot and your team is not!

whats he running his mouth about.

LatrobePA
12-22-2012, 10:18 PM
whats he running his mouth about.

Bengals want to prove Steelers don't intimidate them

By Dan Hanzus

Published: December 22, 2012 at 3:16 PM PST

Modified: December 22, 2012 at 3:44 PM PST

The Cincinnati Bengals haven't had much success against the Pittsburgh Steelers in recent seasons. Prior to the last meeting with their AFC North rival, the Bengals tried to send a message that intimidation hadn't crept into the equation.

Steelers safety Ryan Clark told NFL.com's Aditi Kinkhabwala this week that members of the Bengals picked a fight with Steelers long snapper Greg Warren before Pittsburgh's 24-17 win in October. The teams meet again Sunday .

"They don't care about us. They came out before the last game and tried to start a fight with our long snapper," Clark recalled. "I think it was a smart pick because you pick somebody else, it might be trouble. But I think it was for them to say, 'Hey, we're not scared of you guys. We think we can beat you.'"

Clark deadpanned the bit about the Bengals being smart. If Cincinnati meant to send message, it's unclear the right one got through.

"We understand their mentality coming in. But you have to come out and prove it," Clark said. "The Bengals have to come in here and be ready to to and stand in the middle of the field and slug it out. We like doing that, we're used to doing that and the best team will win."

The Steelers have won five straight against the Bengals and 10-of-12 overall. This has been a one-sided rivalry, but the Bengals can strike a thunderous blow by knocking the Steelers out of the playoff picture Sunday.

Follow Aditi Kinkhabwala on Twitter @AKinkhabwala .

Follow Dan Hanzus on Twitter @danhanzus .

steelchamp204
12-23-2012, 01:28 AM
If this was Harrison or Porter, would anyone care? No. I miss the trash talking to be honest. Something needs to be said to get these guys fired up.

jnes1216
12-23-2012, 05:08 AM

why don't you stfu fair weather fan?

SuperSteelers
12-23-2012, 05:58 AM
Steelers know the Bungles and their tendencies. They know what to expect from them and will have all the confidence in the world that if they play Steeler football the Bungles can't beat them.

Steelers 23-20

Stone
12-23-2012, 08:55 AM
Steelers win because they are the Steelers and the Bengals are ......well....the Bengals

LatrobePA
12-23-2012, 10:26 AM
why don't you stfu fair weather fan?

Why don't you blow me **** stain??

Goodfrom55
12-23-2012, 01:29 PM
Why don't you blow me **** stain??

AHHHH, peace on earth and good will towards men!

LatrobePA
12-23-2012, 01:30 PM
AHHHH, peace on earth and good will towards men!

I'm here all week!

Goodfrom55
12-23-2012, 01:39 PM
that's great, Go Steelers - bring one home for the boys.

Zachintosh66
12-23-2012, 01:44 PM
Both teams are in a must win... hungrier team wins!