PDA

View Full Version : MJD in 2013?

Goodfrom55
12-20-2012, 06:32 PM
Reports are that neither the team nor MJD have any interest in negotiating a long term contract. Wouldn't he be a perfect fit in Pittsburgh? Tremendoud runner, tremendous blocker, would significantly improve the running game and boost the offense overall. Not to mention, I am sure he, like any player would love to come to a storied franchise such as Pittsburgh. Afterall, the Steelers are more often that not relevant come December.

Thoughts?

Black@Gold Forever32
12-20-2012, 06:36 PM
Reports are that neither the team nor MJD have any interest in negotiating a long term contract. Wouldn't he be a perfect fit in Pittsburgh? Tremendoud runner, tremendous blocker, would significantly improve the running game and boost the offense overall. Not to mention, I am sure he, like any player would love to come to a storied franchise such as Pittsburgh. Afterall, the Steelers are more often that not relevant come December.

Thoughts?

When have the Steelers ever signed a high priced UFA like Maurice Jones-Drew?......They have signed Jeff Hartings and James Farrior but they were not on the level of MJD........If you're talking trade then it would have to be draft picks to land MJD......Then the question would be what would the Steelers have to give up for MJD?......Do they have the cap room to make such a move?

teeceemadison
12-20-2012, 06:37 PM
they made a good deal for the bus back in the day.

Cricker24
12-20-2012, 06:41 PM
Not going to happen no matter how awesome that would be. The Steelers don't go after big name free agents and MJD is obviously a big name free agent. His asking price will be WAY more than the Steelers could afford, especially given their cap space for next year. Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's reality.

Chris :tt02:

LatrobePA
12-20-2012, 06:45 PM
No thanks, lets just sign a turd off the practice squad! Next man up right??

Black@Gold Forever32
12-20-2012, 06:46 PM
they made a good deal for the bus back in the day.

The Steelers are in salary cap hell heading into next year........I don't know how they would fit MJD's contract under the cap and especially if he wants a new deal.......The Steelers gave up a 2nd and a 4th round pick for Bettis....Would the Jags do that for MJD?

City of Champyinz
12-20-2012, 06:56 PM

Hahahaha

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

cbrunn
12-20-2012, 06:59 PM
So you guys are mad at Mike Wallace for wanting to get a contract ... 1 big contract...

Now you want somebody who Held out for a big contract and then in the later part of that contract he holds out again ...

:nono:

Get7With7
12-20-2012, 07:28 PM
So you guys are mad at Mike Wallace for wanting to get a contract ... 1 big contract...

Now you want somebody who Held out for a big contract and then in the later part of that contract he holds out again ...

It's because MJD is a running back, and yinzer nation will look for any excuse to go back to 70's smashmouth.

Seriously, how much does anyone think MJD has left in the tank? He's missed much of the season with an injury and RBs don't last that long. If I had to choose between giving big bucks to a WR or a RB, I'd take the WR.

Crash
12-20-2012, 07:42 PM
http://steelersspreadsheet.wordpress.com

Ain't happening.

Rhyno
12-20-2012, 07:49 PM
Short-Bus?

Big T
12-20-2012, 08:27 PM
Lol this is hilarious. Mike Wallace is the Antichrist because he holds out after his rookie deal expires, for a deal he had earned... And now you want MJD who signed a 5-year deal in 09 and still decided to holdout this year?

scudmissile29
12-20-2012, 08:34 PM
Lol this is hilarious. Mike Wallace is the Antichrist because he holds out after his rookie deal expires, for a deal he had earned... And now you want MJD who signed a 5-year deal in 09 and still decided to holdout this year?

the difference is MJD is actually a good player.

**** mike, he can hit a coach for all I care.

Harrison and Polamalu aren't worth the contracts next year, cut them both

Nolrog
12-20-2012, 08:36 PM
Can he play safety?

coldrolled
12-20-2012, 09:46 PM
MJD will be a Pat or a Packer and they will win some more SB's

jdehoff83
12-20-2012, 09:47 PM

Lmao

Goodfrom55
12-20-2012, 10:55 PM

Can't argue, it is a great point. . .Just saying, what if he were a free agent and he had the chance to come here? he might have a better attitude if given the opportunity to play for a winner. Whether it was Hines or Wallace, I HATE IT when someone holds out; you sign a contract, honor it. Wallace holding out shrunk his margin for error to zero. Not fair, but neither is life. Let me throw another name out at you for a short term contract - Steven Jackson.

Get7With7
12-20-2012, 11:09 PM
Can't argue, it is a great point. . .Just saying, what if he were a free agent and he had the chance to come here? he might have a better attitude if given the opportunity to play for a winner. Whether it was Hines or Wallace, I HATE IT when someone holds out; you sign a contract, honor it. Wallace holding out shrunk his margin for error to zero. Not fair, but neither is life. Let me throw another name out at you for a short term contract - Steven Jackson.

Ah, but there's a difference between Wallace's situation and the situations of both Ward and MJD. Wallace was a RFA and did not have a contract. Ward and MJD did have contracts, but chose to hold out anyways. Technically, that makes them worse than Wallace.

As for Steven Jackson, the Steelers don't sign big name FAs. Jackson is good, but he's 29. How much does he have left in the tank?

Big T
12-20-2012, 11:10 PM

Trust me, MJD is a great back and he'd look great in a Steelers jersey. You know I just had to point it out lol.

Goodfrom55
12-20-2012, 11:39 PM
Trust me, MJD is a great back and he'd look great in a Steelers jersey. You know I just had to point it out lol.

Understood, but you're 100 percent correct.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-21-2012, 12:07 AM
Since we're talking about RB's for the Steelers.....I still love my boy Ray Graham from Pitt.....If Haley is back next year then I think he would be a good fit for the Haley offense.......

Clevelandsux
12-21-2012, 12:18 AM
Who the hell is mjd?

Raleigh Steel
12-21-2012, 06:23 AM
MJD--no

Steven jackson--if the price was right

unless haley gets a HC job, he'll be back next season and ray graham would be a nice fit...but where do you pick him? 2nd? 3rd? 4th?

Ibleedblk&gld
12-21-2012, 06:47 AM
Who the hell is mjd?

Maurice Jones-Drew

steelchamp204
12-21-2012, 12:26 PM

:yellowthumb:

cbrunn
12-21-2012, 12:47 PM
Since we're talking about RB's for the Steelers.....I still love my boy Ray Graham from Pitt.....If Haley is back next year then I think he would be a good fit for the Haley offense.......

I'm liking Kenjon Barner ... this kid is not just speed he got skills (watch the USC game) ... and people are saying he's to small, since when? he's like 5'11 195lbs is what they have him listed at ... on a NFL weight training get him up to 205-210 and keep that speed... whew the league better watch out .... Barner and Dywer as a 1 2 punch :cope:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-21-2012, 01:44 PM
When have the Steelers ever signed a high priced UFA like Maurice Jones-Drew?......They have signed Jeff Hartings and James Farrior but they were not on the level of MJD........If you're talking trade then it would have to be draft picks to land MJD......Then the question would be what would the Steelers have to give up for MJD?......Do they have the cap room to make such a move?

That TV revenue doesn't kick in until after the 2013 season I believe so they'll likely be tight against the cap again. MJD is no spring chicken but the man is still playing at a high level. That being said I totally agree, the Rooney's would never dump a lot of money into a high priced free agent. They still live by that "keep your own" ideal, which is all well and good when the player is worth it. If they purge old veterans and actually only kept around the guys that deserve to be there then maybe they'd have more room. LOL

Those days of Farrior and Hartings are long gone, that was during the Cowher years when they would actually go after some significant talent in the free agent market.

TarlsQtr
12-21-2012, 02:33 PM
The next great Steelers RB will come through the draft. Unfortunately, we do not have anyone on the roster who is more than a spare part. I like Lattimore who is a first round talent that may drop quite a bit. It's a high risk/high reward move to be sure but if he drops enough the risk will not be that great.

The guy can catch, block, and holds on to the football, the latter being something the entire cadre of Steeler backs seem to have a problem with.

steelchamp204
12-21-2012, 02:40 PM
The next great Steelers RB will come through the draft. Unfortunately, we do not have anyone on the roster who is more than a spare part. I like Lattimore who is a first round talent that may drop quite a bit. It's a high risk/high reward move to be sure but if he drops enough the risk will not be that great.

The guy can catch, block, and holds on to the football, the latter being something the entire cadre of Steeler backs seem to have a problem with.

I stated that in a thread last week. I think if he falls to the 2nd round, we take him. 3rd is an obvious yes also.

Real Deal Steel
12-21-2012, 02:42 PM
MJD doesn't have too much tread left on the tires. I pass.

Real Deal Steel
12-21-2012, 02:44 PM
Rooney living in the past is one of the restrictions that's been holding us back. He has to learn that we need to use free agency in a serious fashion just a little bit.

A good example is how the Giants use it. Just a pinch.

Big T
12-21-2012, 04:34 PM
MJD doesn't have too much tread left on the tires. I pass.

The man was the leading rusher in the NFL by almost 300 yards last season. This year he held out and got hurt. He's still one of the best in the league.

LatrobePA
12-21-2012, 05:54 PM
Ok, I'll take the time to say, YES, is take him but come on people there is no way in hell he'll be a Steeler!

In other news, I heard that Mendy will not be back, he's not liked in the locker room and acts as if he's way better then the rest of the team! No one likes him!

steelchamp204
12-21-2012, 05:57 PM
Ok, I'll take the time to say, YES, is take him but come on people there is no way in hell he'll be a Steeler!

In other news, I heard that Mendy will not be back, he's not liked in the locker room and acts as if he's way better then the rest of the team! No one likes him!

I agree, source?

LatrobePA
12-21-2012, 05:59 PM
I agree, source?

My brother listens to all the burgh talk shows. He was telling me, sorry I don't have a link...

Crash
12-21-2012, 06:08 PM
Mendy is a loner. He shows up, he practices, he goes home.

LatrobePA
12-21-2012, 06:38 PM
Mendy is a loner. He shows up, he practices, he goes home.

Right and he's always talking in big words, he thinks his **** doesn't stink.

Rhyno
12-21-2012, 06:56 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8751797/rashard-mendenhall-pittsburgh-steelers-discuss-deal-sources

Anyone else read this? Not much has been made of it on this board.

Goodfrom55
12-21-2012, 06:58 PM
What is Mendy's status for the Cincy game? Playing, not playing?

Crash
12-21-2012, 07:00 PM
Haley claims he does not know yet if Mendy is playing.

Real Deal Steel
12-21-2012, 07:46 PM
Too many miles on MJD's wheels. I pass.

Nolrog
12-21-2012, 08:14 PM
I agree, source?

You need a source for that? I think it's quite clear at this point that Mendenhall won't be back.