PDA

View Full Version : immaculate reception

Clevelandsux
12-20-2012, 05:04 PM
anyone watch the segment about it on a football life? actually happened on my second birthday.

Goodfrom55
12-20-2012, 05:29 PM
"DVR-ing" it, will hopefully watch it when i get home from work.

scudmissile29
12-20-2012, 05:31 PM
no biggie for me.

dont live in the past.

DIESELMAN
12-20-2012, 05:46 PM
no biggie for me.

dont live in the past.

No one is living in the past, its part of Steelers history.

LarryNJ
12-20-2012, 11:59 PM
I haven't seen it but I remember the day. I was 12 listening to the game with my dad on the radio. Home games at the time were not on TV, many people would go to Youngstown to watch it on TV. I don't remember much about the game but I vividly remember watching my dad jump up and down in the living room after the IR. It was a great day for many old timers in Pittsburgh because the Steelers were bad for their entire lives. Unfortunately my father passed away the next year and was never able to celebrate a Super Bowl win. But I'll always remember the joy from all the people of his generation (WWI & WWII vets) who appreciated the 8 years that followed that day. It was because of them that we continued to follow the Steelers and our kids are carrying on the tradition even though many of us moved from Western Pa.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-21-2012, 12:06 AM
I thought it was pretty awesome.....I hope Frenchy never tells......I love the mystery surrounding the play......

Clevelandsux
12-21-2012, 12:16 AM
probably the greatest play in nfl history. yes that game was blacked out in pittsburgh, a playoff game none the less. I was too young to enjoy it, but probably best birthday present i ever had.lol. Just hope the current Steelers don't let us down on the 40th anniversary of this great play.

lancer89074
12-21-2012, 08:08 AM
I was a 22 year old college student living in Muscoy, California. I was a transplanted Pittsburgher.

I watched the game with my dear Mother. I could not believe what I was seeing. In fact, the deflection was never caught in the original televising. All you saw was Franco streaking down the sideline and the one defender being brushed off and then him running into the end zone.

What worried me was when the refs huddled. My thought was, they are going to screw us. If they did, that amped up crowd would have come after them with murder in their eyes I swear. It was an incredible moment for sure.

Art Rooney never saw the play because he was going down on the elevator to congratulate the team on having a great year. How ironic is that?

Clevelandsux
12-21-2012, 01:35 PM
Ya i saw the segment how that everyone was standing around for about 15 minutes after the play. Sort of like todays officiating. I don't buy the conspiracy theries, i believe it was what it was-a legal play. I believe parties involved made it out to be more of a mystery than it was. I believe that was the day god shined down on the pittsburgh steelers.

And if they used instant replay (which they may have secretly), there was nothing conclusive enough to turn back the play.

I own alot of copies of old Steelers games. Super Bowls, playoff games etc. Have yet to come across a copy of the original network broadcast of this game. Would love to have it.

Moondog
12-22-2012, 02:36 PM
I enjoyed the show, it was light hearted.