PDA

View Full Version : Wallace needs two 89 yard games to reach 1000 yards for the year

connecticutsteel
12-20-2012, 11:11 AM
If Mike Wallace gains 89 yards in each of the next two games he will finish the year with 1001 yards for the regular season giving him three consecutive 1000 yard seasons .If he does that the oft hated receiver will be the only Steeler in team history to post three 1000 yard seasons in his first 4 seasons with the team.He is also 8th all time in Steelers history with 32 touchdowns . It's no wonder why the fans hate him so much.

Real Deal Steel
12-20-2012, 11:18 AM
Wow. 1000 yards in a 16 game season. What a feat. :rolleyes:

Real Deal Steel
12-20-2012, 11:20 AM
Mike Wallace also leads all the Wide Receivers in the league in the most uninspired play, game per game too. Don't forget that.

That's why the fans hate him so much.

He doesn't care and doesn't go for the ball in traffic. He's a " Everything has to be perfect for me to catch the ball" player. Sissy. :cope:

LatrobePA
12-20-2012, 11:24 AM
Wallace, bla bla bla....

scudmissile29
12-20-2012, 11:25 AM
Complete BS.

Wallace has at least 300-400 of those yards in garbage stats (raiders, chargers)

He's in his last month as a Steeler.

Can't wait ~ Bart Scott

cbrunn
12-20-2012, 11:35 AM
lol and let the Hate begin

:popcorn:

lol well damn already started I was late

connecticutsteel
12-20-2012, 11:37 AM
Bart Scott?

I'M not defending him but i'm curious why there are no sanders is hurt after every tackle or brown fumbles way too much or does his stupid dance or runs backwards threds everyone acts like AB is somehow different than Wallace the only guy i have seen fight for a ball is heath and j co

Real Deal Steel
12-20-2012, 11:38 AM
lol and let the Hate begin

:popcorn:

lol well damn already started I was late

It's not hate. It's fact. Fact isn't always pleasant. Wallace IS a one trick pony.

connecticutsteel
12-20-2012, 11:42 AM
Complete BS.

Wallace has at least 300-400 of those yards in garbage stats (raiders, chargers)

He's in his last month as a Steeler.

Can't wait ~ Bart Scott

how are they garbage stats we lost those game moron

lemme guess you'd prefer who? limas sweed

cbrunn
12-20-2012, 11:43 AM
Bart Scott?

I'M not defending him but i'm curious why there are no sanders is hurt after every tackle or brown fumbles way too much or does his stupid dance or runs backwards threds everyone acts like AB is somehow different than Wallace the only guy i have seen fight for a ball is heath and j co

Or stands and looks at the ball in the endzone with no effort to recover it for a safety or just knock it out of bounds ???

but hold on is that Effort we're questioning with the golden child Brown?????????????

connecticutsteel
12-20-2012, 11:46 AM
i see the i know squat about football brigade is in full effect today

scudmissile29
12-20-2012, 11:47 AM
how are they garbage stats we lost those game moron

lemme guess you'd prefer who? limas sweed

we were getting blown out against chargers and they relaxed u ****ing idiot, guess u didnt watch the game, ****ing ****.

and raiders suck

LatrobePA
12-20-2012, 11:50 AM
we were getting blown out against chargers and they relaxed u ****ing idiot, guess u didnt watch the game, ****ing ****.

and raiders suck

Oh yea, my buddy flame spreading some holiday love, I love it! lol

connecticutsteel
12-20-2012, 11:51 AM
GOLDEN CHILD ha i love brown but he not a# 1 receiver even if Wallace is a one trick pony ben throws to the open man so i guess they haven't figured out his one trick yet . Mariano rivera throws one type of fast ball but for 20 plus years people have had very little success hitting it if that makes him aone trick pony i'll take that any day

Real Deal Steel
12-20-2012, 11:52 AM
Bart Scott?

If you take a look, you'll see that I"ve been hard on Brown and Sanders. Both of those idiots need refinement and disciplined. But atleast both of them act like they want to be here.

Wallace is the one who wants Big WR money. But....

If you want big WR money, be a Big Wide Reciever!!! Be a leader in adversity; be a freaking wide receiver who can go after the ball in traffic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is Wallace in a nutshell:

**THE GUY DOESN'T GO AFTER THE BALL IN TRAFFIC!
**HE QUITS IF THE BALL ISN'T PERFECT!
**HE QUITS ON DOUBLE TEAMS!
**AND WITH ALL OF THE ABOVE, PLAYS WITH A LACKADAISICAL ATTITUDE!

That's not a big money WR.

connecticutsteel
12-20-2012, 11:52 AM
trust me no one relaxes on the field say that to the chargers face and you'd get knocked out

Real Deal Steel
12-20-2012, 11:54 AM
GOLDEN CHILD ha i love brown but he not a# 1 receiver even if Wallace is a one trick pony ben throws to the open man so i guess they haven't figured out his one trick yet . Mariano rivera throws one type of fast ball but for 20 plus years people have had very little success hitting it if that makes him aone trick pony i'll take that any day

And that's why Rivera only comes in on the 8th or 9th innings.

This isn't baseball. Big Money WR do it the entire game! Comparing baseball to football. Wow.

connecticutsteel
12-20-2012, 11:57 AM
If you take a look, you'll see that I"ve been hard on Brown and Sanders. Both of those idiots need refinement and disciplined. But atleast both of them act like they want to be here.

Wallace is the one who wants Big WR money. But....

If you want big WR money, be a Big Wide Reciever!!! Be a leader in adversity; be a freaking wide receiver who can go after the ball in traffic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is Wallace in a nutshell:

**THE GUY DOESN'T GO AFTER THE BALL IN TRAFFIC!
**HE QUITS IF THE BALL ISN'T PERFECT!
**HE QUITS ON DOUBLE TEAMS!
**AND WITH ALL OF THE ABOVE, PLAYS WITH A LACKADAISICAL ATTITUDE!

That's not a big money WR.

no one knows what he asked for so that's a lie

as for being double teamed name some guys that aren't hall of famers that can split a double team.or do you mean he stops running because i guarantee that never happened if it did show me the film .no way he stops running if the ball is to him
i disagree

connecticutsteel
12-20-2012, 11:58 AM
And that's why Rivera only comes in on the 8th or 9th innings.

This isn't baseball. Big Money WR do it the entire game! Comparing baseball to football. Wow.

he's a closer wow. i'm not comparing the sports i'm taking the one trick pony comment and showing you how rediculous it is

connecticutsteel
12-20-2012, 12:00 PM
everyone but you is an idiot huh. now brown and sanders are idiots who on this team do you like?

Real Deal Steel
12-20-2012, 02:54 PM
Connecticutsteel,

Brown has fumbled away games three times. That's idiotic. Sanders has had two fumbles or drops at crucial situations.
My point is that Wallace isn't the only player who should be criticized for poor play.

Do I want Brown on my team? Yes. Of course. But he's still done some idiotic stuff.

Just because you call what someone did "Idiotic" doesn't mean you don't want them on the team. Have you ever criticized a family member???? Does it mean you don't love them anymore???? No. Same thing here.

Real Deal Steel
12-20-2012, 02:55 PM
he's a closer wow. i'm not comparing the sports i'm taking the one trick pony comment and showing you how rediculous it is

Wallace isn't a Big Money WR. And when he's allowed to walk, we'll see who looks ridiculous. My point will be proven. Wake Up.

steelchamp204
12-20-2012, 03:24 PM
We will see what happens if Wallace doesnt come back and AB starts to get double teamed, see how much his production goes down. I mean, atleast yardage wise, his td for this season sucks.

scudmissile29
12-20-2012, 04:08 PM
Oh yea, my buddy flame spreading some holiday love, I love it! lol

happy holidays man...

.... to some.

LatrobePA
12-20-2012, 04:19 PM
happy holidays man...

.... to some.

Lol you too...

City of Champyinz
12-20-2012, 04:39 PM
Wallace's issue is that he's way too inconsistent. He does come up big at times, but he often under-performs. He drops catchable passes at times and isn't that good along the sideline. I really wish the Steelers would actually use Plax more. He's a tall, veteran receiver that the young guys can learn from.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-20-2012, 06:43 PM
If Mike Wallace gains 89 yards in each of the next two games he will finish the year with 1001 yards for the regular season giving him three consecutive 1000 yard seasons .If he does that the oft hated receiver will be the only Steeler in team history to post three 1000 yard seasons in his first 4 seasons with the team.He is also 8th all time in Steelers history with 32 touchdowns . It's no wonder why the fans hate him so much.

Ok...You just realized this now?....Big T and myself have posted Wallace's stats for months now.....lol No WR in Steelers history is off to the start that Wallace is in just his first four seasons.......I have been making the TD argument until I have been blue in the face..........I do agree that his effort on the field does suck at times but he Mike Wallace has been a very productive WR and is still the best WR on the Steelers roster....If he Wallace isn't resigned the Steelers will have to draft a WR early in the draft........Brown, Sanders, Cotchery as the top three WR's?........The passing game would suffer big time......

Big T
12-20-2012, 08:37 PM
Ok...You just realized this now?....Big T and myself have posted Wallace's stats for months now.....lol No WR in Steelers history is off to the start that Wallace is in just his first four seasons.......I have been making the TD argument until I have been blue in the face..........I do agree that his effort on the field does suck at times but he Mike Wallace has been a very productive WR and is still the best WR on the Steelers roster....If he Wallace isn't resigned the Steelers will have to draft a WR early in the draft........Brown, Sanders, Cotchery as the top three WR's?........The passing game would suffer big time......

Amen. That's another thing too. With the defense needing some young talented playmakers, do you really want to use a relatively high pick on a WR. Brown and Sanders have shown flashes, but neither has shown in any way that they are capable number 1 receivers and both have made crushing mistakes to the team this season. Again, I'm not bashing them. I'm a fan of both guys but it's true. Mike Wallace has shown the ability to be a number one receiver and has had an extremely productive career to this point. I get the whole thing with the effort and all that at times this season, but I honestly do believe that if he were to resign here, those issues would go away.

You just can't let a playmaker like Wallace get away. I'm hoping the front office sees that. It just sickens me that we have so much money wrapped up in Antonio Brown that would help Wallace sign, if they want to resign him. AB was definitely worth extending, but for about half as much as he got. The worst part is, after Wallace's somewhat "down" year this year, he could possibly be had for a contract very similar to Browns. It's still possible, just a little tougher.

I know that resigning him is probably a pipe dream, but I'm still holding out hope.

Nolrog
12-20-2012, 08:42 PM
Brown has fumbled away games three times. That's idiotic. Sanders has had two fumbles or drops at crucial situations. My point is that Wallace isn't the only player who should be criticized for poor play.

The Steelers as a whole have not distinguished themselves in the annals of protecting the ball this year, that's for sure. I blame the coaching. Having one player with ball control issues is one thing, but to see Wallace, Brown, Sanders, Mendenhal (who's always had issues in this regard), and the other backs all with problems, that's too much of coincidence to be change.

Real Deal Steel
12-20-2012, 09:02 PM
The Steelers as a whole have not distinguished themselves in the annals of protecting the ball this year, that's for sure. I blame the coaching. Having one player with ball control issues is one thing, but to see Wallace, Brown, Sanders, Mendenhal (who's always had issues in this regard), and the other backs all with problems, that's too much of coincidence to be change.

ok. Then your saying a simi-house cleaning is in order?

Get7With7
12-20-2012, 09:09 PM
ok. Then your saying a simi-house cleaning is in order?

I wouldn't be against changing both coordinators as the Steelers defense has gotten stale the offense is still underachieving. As for some of the players, they need to make sure their heads are screwed on straight. Dan Rooney needs to light a fire under Tomlin's *** and get this team focuses so this **** doesn't happen anymore.

North Steel
12-20-2012, 09:43 PM
What Wallace needs is to get his fu*king head out of his *** along with the rest of this fu8king team and win this sunday.You guys(Steelers) better make it a fu8king Merry Christmas.

jdehoff83
12-20-2012, 09:56 PM
Wallace along with brown and sanders have been very frustrating this season.. brown with his deer in the headlight plays... sanders gettin blown up in the middle losing the ball... wallace giving up and not coming back to passes.. alot different from last years play.. its not just one guy though, they are all messing up! Say what u want but my money is on practice prep and haley sorry try again.. hey the whole get the ball out quick so ben doesnt get hurt worked well right?

jdehoff83
12-20-2012, 10:04 PM
Haley might be a decent oc but not for what this team has right now.. if we had a couple plaxs running around fine.. we got mike wallace who is meant to go deep! Take the shots. Open the field.. keep the secondary honest otherwise they dont have a problem stopping your between the tackle runs... joke!... thats like owning a lambo and never goin over 40 .. and mikeys fragile like one too : )... haley hit the highway and mash the pedal grandpa muhahahahahahaha

cbrunn
12-21-2012, 10:51 AM
Just seen on ESPN since 2010 Mike Wallace is 3rd in the NFL with TD receptions with 26 ... only behind Gronk and Calvin Johnson

Just saying

City of Champyinz
12-21-2012, 10:55 AM
I could care less about an individual's stats. Everyone on the team needs to elevate their performance and win these last 2 games.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Real Deal Steel
12-21-2012, 11:02 AM
Just seen on ESPN since 2010 Mike Wallace is 3rd in the NFL with TD receptions with 26 ... only behind Gronk and Calvin Johnson

Just saying

And he quits on going after passes if their not perfect. :rolleyes:

steelchamp204
12-21-2012, 12:16 PM

Wallace hater shades detected. I bet if that was an AB stat and Wallace had 3 td's this season people would be like.

OMG DUDE HAS MORE TDS THAN FITZ, HE DA BEST!!!:lol:

cbrunn
12-21-2012, 12:42 PM

lol my point was whether or not you question his effort , his talent , him being a one trick pony, or anything else ...

one thing you can not question is the kids production, ever since he came into the league ... and whether you like it or not he's our most productive WR ...

tburg68
12-21-2012, 01:25 PM
lol my point was whether or not you question his effort , his talent , him being a one trick pony, or anything else ...

one thing you can not question is the kids production, ever since he came into the league ... and whether you like it or not he's our most productive WR ...

Production doesn't matter to nit wits.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-21-2012, 01:46 PM
I could care less about an individual's stats. Everyone on the team needs to elevate their performance and win these last 2 games.

:iagree: :plus1:

Wallace's 1000 yds will fool enough teams into offering him big money for next year if the Steelers let him go or can't resign him.

I'm happy to admit his first 2 1/2 years in the league were excellent, showing huge potential. I'm also equally comfortable in admitting the latter part of 2011 has carried into 2012.

LatrobePA
12-21-2012, 02:48 PM
See ya Mike, we have enough small brittle wide outs, lets go after a big punishing wr..

City of Champyinz
12-21-2012, 03:04 PM
See ya Mike, we have enough small brittle wide outs, lets go after a big punishing wr..

+1