PDA

View Full Version : steelers add a warm body for CB

teeceemadison
12-18-2012, 02:25 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/18/steelers-add-a-cornerback/#comments

Injuries have left the Steelers without many players to turn to at cornerback, a situation they are trying to remedy by signing a free agent ahead of their massive Week 16 date with the Bengals.

Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that the Steelers have signed cornerback Justin King. King played three games with the Colts this season before getting cut, and he worked out for the Steelers recently. Their need for healthy bodies at the position was big heading into last week’s game with the Cowboys, as Ike Taylor and Cortez Allen were both sidelined. It got worse during the game, thanks to injuries to Cortez Allen and DeMarcus Van Dyke.

steelchamp204
12-18-2012, 02:32 PM
O god.

Zachintosh66
12-18-2012, 02:33 PM
DVD going on IR...

LatrobePA
12-18-2012, 02:35 PM
Green will have a field day... Gonna be another one of those days I feel...

steelchamp204
12-18-2012, 02:55 PM
It doesnt matter, all DL will do now is play 15 yards off instead of 10 until the Bengals get to the redzone :banging:

LatrobePA
12-18-2012, 03:10 PM
It doesnt matter, all DL will do now is play 15 yards off instead of 10 until the Bengals get to the redzone :banging:

I will fn go nuts!

steelchamp204
12-18-2012, 03:19 PM
I will fn go nuts!

I was going nuts on sunday. All of a sudden on the last Dallas drive did DL play press coverage, what happened? They didnt ****ing score. We'll just put the blame on Tomlin and Haley though. I dont understand why DL doesnt take any heat at all.

LatrobePA
12-18-2012, 03:20 PM
I was going nuts on sunday. All of a sudden on the last Dallas drive did DL play press coverage, what happened? They didnt ****ing score. We'll just put the blame on Tomlin and Haley though. I dont understand why DL doesnt take any heat at all.

Same here I prolly sounded like a little beotch complaining so much about it!

Nolrog
12-18-2012, 06:12 PM
Keenan Lewis will play, Cortez Allen scheduled to practice.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-18-2012, 06:28 PM
Lewis and Allen are probable so I think they will play.....

Goodfrom55
12-18-2012, 07:03 PM
If the Steelers are patient and methotical on offense and commit to the run, Cincy's offense won't see the ball much. 160 yards rushing vs cincy last time - no reason why they can't control the clock again.

SteelCityKid5
12-18-2012, 07:19 PM
I absolutely loathe the fact every announcer calls us the #1 defense in the NFL. This sure as **** aint the #1 defense in the NFL. We lack pressure and turnovers. Where is Woodley and Harrison? Exactly. That's a huge problem.

Goodfrom55
12-18-2012, 07:36 PM
I absolutely loath the fact every announcer calls us the #1 defense in the NFL. This sure as **** aint the #1 defense in the NFL. We lack pressure and turnovers. Where is Woodley and Harrison? Exactly. That's a huge problem.

Along with #1 in Yards allowed, if they were #1 in sacks, points allowed, and takeaways, that would qualify as a #! defense.

Being #1 based only on yards allowed is like winning the award for the tallest midget in the room.

SteelCityKid5
12-18-2012, 07:49 PM
Along with #1 in Yards allowed, if they were #1 in sacks, points allowed, and takeaways, that would qualify as a #! defense.

Being #1 based only on yards allowed is like winning the award for the tallest midget in the room.

Exactly my point.

LevonKirkland99
12-18-2012, 09:32 PM
Woodley has been asleep the last few games...Harrison is not playing that bad...

Goodfrom55
12-18-2012, 10:02 PM
If the D-Line isn't going to generate pressure, then the least they can do is get their arms up. The only one who does this consistently is Kiesel, who blocks on average one pass per game. People do it to us, why can't we do it to them?

LastRide
12-19-2012, 02:07 AM
We seem to find the worst possible replacements..LOL. Here you go fella's.

Some encouraging tidbits from Rotoworld:

King was nothing short of woeful while playing for the Colts last season...

King was one of the worst corners in the league last year when pressed into a starting role outside.

King has elite speed, but lacks physicality and graded out as the worst corner in the league last season by Pro Football Focus.

The 2008 fourth-rounder was routinely toasted in coverage while playing through groin, ankle, and shoulder injuries as a fill-in for starter Ron Bartell last season.

Looks like a poor man's Josh Victorian.

jnes1216
12-19-2012, 02:10 AM
We seem to find the worst possible replacements..LOL. Here you go fella's.

Some encouraging tidbits from Rotoworld:

King was nothing short of woeful while playing for the Colts last season...

King was one of the worst corners in the league last year when pressed into a starting role outside.

King has elite speed, but lacks physicality and graded out as the worst corner in the league last season by Pro Football Focus.

The 2008 fourth-rounder was routinely toasted in coverage while playing through groin, ankle, and shoulder injuries as a fill-in for starter Ron Bartell last season.

Looks like a poor man's Josh Victorian.

Floyd - "Dumber and Dumber"

"So you're sayin' there's a chance...."

LastRide
12-19-2012, 02:24 AM
Floyd - "Dumber and Dumber"

"So you're sayin' there's a chance...."

A million to one chance..LOL