PDA

View Full Version : Sunday's game against the Bengals...

Troyisabeast_43
12-17-2012, 11:02 PM
I believe is one of the biggest regular season games that Mike Tomlin has coached here in a very long time. We are going to find out a lot about the Steelers on Sunday and what this team is truly made of. I cant see anyway possible that the Steelers will not be up for this game and not come out desperate and with a purpose which is exactly what they didnt do the last home game against the Chargers last week. The bottom line is Mike Tomlin had better have this team ready to play this Sunday with all that is on the line. The Bengals are a pretty good team no doubt but if the Steelers show up and play like they are capable of in this game there is no reason in the world that they shouldnt beat the Bengals. I think the only way the Steelers lose this game is once again going to be the reason they have been losing games all season they will make mistakes,turn the ball over, not take advantage of opportunities and simply beat themselves. But make no mistake about it this I believe is a huge huge game for Mike Tomlin and he had better find a way to win this game against the Bengals and also the game the following week against the Browns or he is going to be facing the kind of heat and pressure that he has yet to see in this town...

BlacknGoldHaze
12-17-2012, 11:32 PM
We'll see if the team has quit on him like he did against San Diego......

LatrobePA
12-17-2012, 11:41 PM
I found out enough the last game, my stomach still aches! The question has nothing to do with Tomlin, the real question is will we get healthy for this game??

Goodfrom55
12-17-2012, 11:49 PM
Clearly a case of all hands on deck as the Steelers re-activated Mendy off the suspended list. Steelers ran for over 160 yards vs Cincy last time they met, and coincidentally they won. They need balance on offense between run and pass, and in regard to the pass, they need a balance of short and medium/long passes. They key here to beat the bracket coverage on the outside will be whether or not Ben can get the ball consistently to Miller. If they can do that, Cincy will have no choice but to assign a safety to Miller which means Wallace is free to take the top off the defense becausehe will be in single coverage. If cincy stays in cover-2, that means the Steelers should be able to run the ball.

It all comes down to execution and truthfully, WHO WANTS IT MORE.

City of Champyinz
12-18-2012, 11:50 AM
Its time for the Steelers to take advantage of their 'backs against the wall/playoff experience'. This is upcoming game is THE most important one this season for both teams. Not only is this game important for the Steelers in terms of playoffs, but its a statement game also. If they miss the playoffs, there needs to be major changes in the offseason. Heck, even if they do make the playoffs, major changes should happen. Is it time for Steelers to make major moves in free agency?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Clevelandsux
12-18-2012, 12:03 PM
Jim mora: "free agency? Free Agency"? . When do the steelers use free agency?

Real Deal Steel
12-18-2012, 12:05 PM
Its time for the Steelers to take advantage of their 'backs against the wall/playoff experience'. This is upcoming game is THE most important one this season for both teams. Not only is this game important for the Steelers in terms of playoffs, but its a statement game also. If they miss the playoffs, there needs to be major changes in the offseason. Heck, even if they do make the playoffs, major changes should happen. Is it time for Steelers to make major moves in free agency?

On this note, I want the loss. Because we need major change. Major Change will bring a championship later down the line.

City of Champyinz
12-18-2012, 12:58 PM
On this note, I want the loss. Because we need major change. Major Change will bring a championship later down the line.

Regardless of the outcome this season, major changes are needed. They cant keep losing to 'inferior' teams and be successful. I dont think the Steelers need to completely fall apart and miss the playoffs in order for changes to be made.

Real Deal Steel
12-18-2012, 02:12 PM

They didn't quit in San Diego; They were not properly prepared to play. That falls on Tomlin.

LatrobePA
12-18-2012, 02:41 PM
They didn't quit in San Diego; They were not properly prepared to play. That falls on Tomlin.

Norv game planned for the steelers and we didn't game plan for the chargers thus losing in epic fashion!

Real Deal Steel
12-18-2012, 03:13 PM
Norv game planned for the steelers and we didn't game plan for the chargers thus losing in epic fashion!

Yep.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-18-2012, 04:21 PM
It's the same song and dance that we've been dealing with for years. They lose to inferior teams or they just barely win. Unless they absolutely must win they come out with this **** poor effort. Injuries only go so far with this group, every year it's something. Players hurt, players not stepping up, questionable coaching, I'm so tired of it.

That being said I expect them to win this game just because they have too. The sickening part of all this is that they've had so many chances to take the lead in this division or at least improve their position, that it's not even funny.

LatrobePA
12-18-2012, 04:23 PM
It's the same song and dance that we've been dealing with for years. They lose to inferior teams or they just barely win. Unless they absolutely must win they come out with this **** poor effort. Injuries only go so far with this group, every year it's something. Players hurt, players not stepping up, questionable coaching, I'm so tired of it.

That being said I expect them to win this game just because they have too. The sickening part of all this is that they've had so many chances to take the lead in this division or at least improve their position, that it's not even funny.

Kinda like all the chances the Jets were given to win that crappy game last night! I do agree with you...

Black@Gold Forever32
12-18-2012, 04:39 PM

I agree with you BRC except I don't expect them to win Sunday....lol I think it will be the usual suspects making the same mistakes over and over again on Sunday.......I hope I'm wrong but when Ben went against the Chiefs, I did post the season was over........looks like I was right if they do lose to the Bungles.....At this point I'm not even getting upset anymore but they have to show me something before I believe in their asses right now...lol

Zachintosh66
12-18-2012, 05:21 PM
on the brink of a whole new era in the AFC North...

Weve already lost to Balt and Clev... when is the last time weve lost to all 3 in the same year?

Clevelandsux
12-18-2012, 05:24 PM
on the brink of a whole new era in the AFC North...

Weve already lost to Balt and Clev... when is the last time weve lost to all 3 in the same year?

Zachintosh66
12-18-2012, 05:25 PM
2009 and 2003... answered my own ?

Nolrog
12-18-2012, 06:02 PM

I saw an article about a week ago that talked about Tomlin's record against sub .500 teams. He loses ~35% of the time, compared to like 15% or 20% to other teams, but he puts up a similar overall record to other teams (meaning he beats better teams more often.) Was an interesting read.

http://communityvoices.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports/bob-smiziks-blog/35186-tomlins-record-against-losing-teams-well-below-the-norm-

Clevelandsux
12-18-2012, 09:14 PM
Ya but the last seasons we went to the sb, we did not lose to a sub .500 team. 2008-losses tennessee 13-3, philadelphia 9-6-1, indy 12-4, ny,giants 12-4. 2010 losses-ny.jets 11-5, baltimore 12-4, new england 14-2, neworleans 11-5, green bay 10-6 in sb.

2011 losses-baltimore 12-4 (twice), San francisco 13-3, houston, 10-6. yes we lost to an 8-8 denver team in the playoffs.

2009-different story. lost to 5-11 browns, 4-12 k.c, 5-11 raiders, 7-9 bears. 2007-lost to 4-12 jets, 5-11 ravens.
2012-lost to 5-9 chargers,5-9 titans,5-9 browns, 4-10 raiders.

LevonKirkland99
12-18-2012, 09:44 PM
Tomlin gonna be on the hot seat if we loose...wait, he can't be fired....thirteen more years to go ...

coldrolled
12-18-2012, 09:55 PM
So in reality... We dont Blitz and Sack and we dont score at will.
When was the last time this team was a power house ...
When was the last time this team was looked at as almost unbeatable...??

How many sacks has this team had in 2 years total? probably less than the top sacker in the league this year.

LatrobePA
12-18-2012, 11:38 PM
So in reality... We dont Blitz and Sack and we dont score at will.
When was the last time this team was a power house ...
When was the last time this team was looked at as almost unbeatable...??

How many sacks has this team had in 2 years total? probably less than the top sacker in the league this year.

We're far from scary! I blame the new rules some, this team appears to be afraid to HIT! I freaking hate, hate our defensive play calling..

SuperSteelers
12-18-2012, 11:59 PM
I believe is one of the biggest regular season games that Mike Tomlin has coached here in a very long time. We are going to find out a lot about the Steelers on Sunday and what this team is truly made of. I cant see anyway possible that the Steelers will not be up for this game and not come out desperate and with a purpose which is exactly what they didnt do the last home game against the Chargers last week. The bottom line is Mike Tomlin had better have this team ready to play this Sunday with all that is on the line. The Bengals are a pretty good team no doubt but if the Steelers show up and play like they are capable of in this game there is no reason in the world that they shouldnt beat the Bengals. I think the only way the Steelers lose this game is once again going to be the reason they have been losing games all season they will make mistakes,turn the ball over, not take advantage of opportunities and simply beat themselves. But make no mistake about it this I believe is a huge huge game for Mike Tomlin and he had better find a way to win this game against the Bengals and also the game the following week against the Browns or he is going to be facing the kind of heat and pressure that he has yet to see in this town...

This team hasn't been ready to play all season. I don't expect much from them for this game either. Maybe they get a lucky bounce to eek out a win. I doubt it though and they remind me of the current Lakers team. Talented with no heart.

Zachintosh66
12-19-2012, 12:45 AM

LevonKirkland99
12-19-2012, 01:27 AM

Bingo. Tomlin didn't prepare them.

SuperSteelers
12-19-2012, 02:38 PM
Bingo. Tomlin didn't prepare them.

Kind of hard to prepare players when they have folded in the tent since being Tebowed.

LatrobePA
12-19-2012, 03:32 PM
The bengals will come out swinging in this game and if the steelers aren't ready it could mean a playoff spot on the couch!

Real Deal Steel
12-19-2012, 03:35 PM
This game is the Bengal's "Super Bowl". They have to have this win and they will be going "all out" to win it.

RIVERS OF STEEL
12-19-2012, 03:52 PM
I hate to call this game. Cincy wins it. Nothin left in the tank.

lancer89074
12-20-2012, 12:20 PM
I will be hoping for a Pittsburgh win but... I see the Bengals winning this game straight up without the points. It is one of those 'every dog has his day' contests wherein Cincy will draw upon determination and adversity from the dark days of their past futile attempts to win in Pittsburgh. It will be a hard fought game but the Steelers don't have the 'right stuff' (not sure what to call it) this season.

City of Champyinz
12-20-2012, 04:21 PM
It's interesting reading varying opinions on why the Steelers are where they are. I like the team's chances against any team if they limit mistakes. They started out flat against Dallas last week, but had multiple opportunities to win that game. The talent is there. They honestly need to be mentally tough right now. It would also be nice if the players would rally around each other. Can I get a consistent run game? Can i get some turnovers on defense? It doesnt take much for this team to be successful. As i've said in other posts, the Steelers have competed in every game this year. They just need to put a complete game together (paraphrased from a recent Heath Miller interview). We'll see what this team is made of on Sunday. We'll see if they really want to get into the playoffs.

Goodfrom55
12-20-2012, 04:34 PM
As long as the Steelers don't fall too far behind, they need to stay somehwere close to 60/40 in regard to pass/run plays. If they get a lead, this should slide the scale closer to 60/40 run/pass.

Get7With7
12-20-2012, 04:42 PM
Here's what I fear the Steelers will do on Sunday:

They continue to be enamored with outdated football. They grind out a long drive that consumes between 7-10 minutes, and settle for 3 points. Then the Bengals, who play modern NFL football, score a touchdown in less than 4 minutes. Repeat that for the first 3 quarters. Then in the fourth quarter, when the Steelers are behind, they finally ask Ben to take over the game. Unfortunately, he isn't able to get the job done, and it will be Ben's fault he didn't do more even though the Steelers' wanted to play small ball early on.

Typical Steelers. Rely on tradition more than talent. They've gotten away with it in the past few years, but this is the year it may finally catch up and bite them in the ***.

Troyisabeast_43
12-20-2012, 10:27 PM
I think the Steelers will come out strong in this game and take the lead early on and then like they have done so so many times this year when they get some momentum and take an early lead somebody will commit a stupid turnover which will get the Bengals right back in the game...