PDA

View Full Version : Peter King calls Steeler fans on the internet "scary" and "alarmist"

DBR96A
12-17-2012, 12:44 PM
He's right (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20121217/week-15/?sct=hp_wr_a2&eref=sihp).

14. Pittsburgh (7-7). Stunned at all the Steeler fans who want to see Mike Tomlin fired. I read those silly message boards on Steelers fan sites. Part scary, part alarmist, part unwillingness to realize every team is 7-7 now and again.

Our behavior online is so embarrassing that a columnist for Sports Illustrated has noticed, and is calling us out in front of God and everybody. :clap:

Crash
12-17-2012, 12:50 PM
Would this be the same Peter King hammered Ben after Georgia by first claiming that A) Miss DTF was 19 and B) That Ben was investigated by Nevada police? And to top that off, he called Charlie Batch at the time "The QB America is rooting for".

So his credibility is about shot with me IMO.

NeilPatrickBanana
12-17-2012, 12:56 PM
NYC you're famous! lol

DBR96A
12-17-2012, 12:56 PM
Would this be the same Peter King hammered Ben after Georgia by first claiming that A) Miss DTF was 19 and B) That Ben was investigated by Nevada police? And to top that off, he called Charlie Batch at the time "The QB America is rooting for".

So his credibility is about shot with me IMO.

He didn't merely hit the bullseye with his assessment of Steeler fans online. He hit the goddamn center of the bullseye, and your opinion of him doesn't change that fact.

Crash
12-17-2012, 01:00 PM
Why doesn't he mention Haley's garbage play-calling? Or the fact that many are blaming Roethlisberger even though our defense was shredded by Tony Romo? King picked an easy target. Every fan base in the NFL rips their head coach after a bad season/loss.

Clevelandsux
12-17-2012, 01:09 PM
Who cares what Peter king thinks. How did he get his job anyway? The eddie trunk of the nfl. Go on a philly board, hear what they are saying about there team. etc. The truth is when a team is not playing well, everyone attacks at all angles, players,coaches, fans etc. Yes i do agree there are some irrational threads on here, but we are all entitled to our opinions, right? This is america! The Steelers fanbase is the best in the NFL. Did you see all those terrible towels in the stands yesterday? Yes, the home stadium of the americas team? Any fanbase will callout subpar play. If you want to accept mediocrity, go root for the Browns or lions.

LatrobePA
12-17-2012, 01:23 PM
I think Peter has an unusual name: "Peter King" hmmmmm!

Are you the Peter King? No wonder he loves his locker room interviews!

Clevelandsux
12-17-2012, 01:26 PM
I think Peter has an unusual name: "Peter King" hmmmmm!

Are you the Peter King? No wonder he loves his locker room interviews!

or is that queen.

scudmissile29
12-17-2012, 01:32 PM
hopefully peter reads this thread.

Hey Peter, go die.

Or better, maybe your house can be blazed in an inferno with all loved ones inside.

****ing *******.

Steeler fans <3

LatrobePA
12-17-2012, 01:42 PM
or is that queen.

You're right. Dammit!

TarlsQtr
12-17-2012, 01:50 PM
Not a Peter King fan but he is right. This thread is a perfect example. We actually had someone say our defense was "shredded" with the vitriol of an IRA agent speaking of the queen. For Pete's sake, we had people playing CB that were practically pulled from the checkout line at the Piggly Wiggly and we were still within an AB fumble and a Ben INT of winning.

Clevelandsux
12-17-2012, 01:55 PM
go ride your highhorse into into the sunset.

steelspikes
12-17-2012, 01:56 PM
Remember, this is the same Peter King who predicted an 8-8 record for the 2012 steelers. What the hell does he know?

Clevelandsux
12-17-2012, 02:19 PM
I could have predicted that. But i was wishful i guess.

Rhyno
12-17-2012, 02:30 PM
Remember, this is the same Peter King who predicted an 8-8 record for the 2012 steelers. What the hell does he know?

I see what you did there. lol

And, PK is correct. This place is an asylum.

RIVERS OF STEEL
12-17-2012, 02:52 PM

That's what I predicted. A fan. lol

Clevelandsux
12-17-2012, 03:09 PM
it is what it is. We're happy when we win, pissed when we lose. its simple human nature.

connecticutsteel
12-17-2012, 03:13 PM
hopefully peter reads this thread.

Hey Peter, go die.

Or better, maybe your house can be blazed in an inferno with all loved ones inside.

****ing *******.

Steeler fans <3

Speak for yourself , I'm beginning to think your a member of the Westboro Baptist Church.

Clevelandsux
12-17-2012, 03:16 PM
Speak for yourself , I'm beginning to think your a member of the Westboro Baptist Church.

yes i agree a little harsh, especially considering the events that just occured in your state. But to each there own i suppose.

Goodfrom55
12-17-2012, 03:50 PM
Win or lose, fans tend to over react - especially on Monday. We Steelers fans have been so spoiled over the years that when the team actually has a down year, people want to storm the castle with torches and pitch forks. Mentally, the Steelers need to get better and of course, get healthy. It's the these things that are hurting them right now (Fumbles, lack of QB pressure, lack of a consistent running game, getting off the field on 3rd down, takeaways).

Real Deal Steel
12-17-2012, 04:00 PM
Peter King has little to no credibility. he's a dinosaur who constantly tries to pretend like he knows what he's talking about. When he doesn't.

He's as insignificant as a fly on an elephant's ***.

LatrobePA
12-17-2012, 04:00 PM
Penis King is a douche!

Black@Gold Forever32
12-17-2012, 04:12 PM
Peter King says he visits the Steelers message boards....I know on some Steelers sites they refer Peter King has the Fat **** Peter King....lol Maybe King is butt hurt?

Moondog
12-17-2012, 05:11 PM
Peter King just wants hits on whatever blog he is writing, he knows he can get it if he pisses off a bunch of Steeler fans.

connecticutsteel
12-17-2012, 06:34 PM
I must admit lots of Steelers fans say rediculous things like fire LeBeau and Fire Tomlin .To me if blame must be assigned it would be 3 things injuries Todd Haley and mike Wallace not caring or it appears like he doesn't care.But that being said if you look at our loses there are only a couple of games where we got wooped the other games were a matter of the younger players learning how to win next year we will be a dominate team for sure.

K Train
12-17-2012, 07:03 PM
dont be offended everyone...hes absolutely right lol

SteelerCountry58
12-17-2012, 07:40 PM
This guy is still around? Talk about Mr. Irrelevant.:sleepy:

North Steel
12-17-2012, 08:00 PM
Hey Peter King let me tell you something GO FU$K YOURSELF, because we are the best fan based team in the NFL we deserve the best :tt02: You know what the fu$king problem is,nobody plays for the team anymore it's all about the money,it's all about i want this I deserve this much, so go fu$k your hat you fat fu$k.We deserve better football than what we have been watching, pure fu$king :bsflag:

Clevelandsux
12-17-2012, 08:27 PM
Hey Peter King let me tell you something GO FU$K YOURSELF, because we are the best fan based team in the NFL we deserve the best :lol: You know what the fu$king problem is,nobody plays for the team anymore it's all about the money,it's all about i want this I deserve this much, so go fu$k your hat you fat fu$k.We deserve better football than what we have been watching, pure fu$king :bsflag:

well said north. If peter king wants to critisize somebody how about the cowboys organization and that douchebag Jerry Jones letting Josh Brent patrol the sidelines. What sort of message isthis sending people?

ChucktownSteeler
12-17-2012, 08:39 PM
Who's Peter King?

North Steel
12-17-2012, 09:18 PM
well said north. If peter king wants to critisize somebody how about the cowboys organization and that douchebag Jerry Jones letting Josh Brent patrol the sidelines. What sort of message isthis sending people?

When I saw that big fu$king dumb *** on the sideline I was like WTF. That was just out right wrong.I heard something like his mother asked Jerry Jones if he could be on the side line so the team could support him.Give your head a shake bitch your fu$king dumb *** son just killed someone. Fu$k me. Jerry Jones that fu$king clown should get fined for that tasteless act.

Clevelandsux
12-17-2012, 09:39 PM
It was Jerry Browns mother that wanted to support him. Doesn't matter. Too many NFL players are not setting examples, and this sure as hell seems to be promoting it.

scudmissile29
12-18-2012, 08:46 AM

I don't affiliate myself with a fake religion.

And I don't hate gay/lesbian people.

LatrobePA
12-18-2012, 08:49 AM
It was Jerry Browns mother that wanted to support him. Doesn't matter. Too many NFL players are not setting examples, and this sure as hell seems to be promoting it.

This was a slap to the face to the NFL by Goodell and Jerry Jones for allowing this. Ben was accused and that's it, the son of a bitch killed someone and he's standing on the sidelines laughing it up with his buddies! Are you fn kidding me??? Wtf wtf wtf

steelcityrockers
12-18-2012, 11:26 AM
As awful of a writer as PK is, he hits the nail squarely on the head with this one. There is a very good reason why I stopped posting here regularly about 2 years ago. It's fine to be frustrated, but Christ, everyone always gets so butthurt about every little thing 'round these parts.

The Lakelander
12-18-2012, 11:35 AM
Peter King is the Ned Beatty of NFL sports columnist "deliverance" ... !!!

Clevelandsux
12-18-2012, 01:11 PM
As awful of a writer as PK is, he hits the nail squarely on the head with this one. There is a very good reason why I stopped posting here regularly about 2 years ago. It's fine to be frustrated, but Christ, everyone always gets so butthurt about every little thing 'round these parts.

don't need you anyway

Clevelandsux
12-18-2012, 01:12 PM
Peter King is the Ned Beatty of NFL sports columnist "deliverance" ... !!!

lol. squeal like a pig. he sort of looks like ned beatty too,

steelchamp204
12-18-2012, 01:42 PM

Go climb back in the hole you came from

steelcityrockers
12-19-2012, 07:38 PM
Go climb back in the hole you came from

Only if you come with me, you big internet tough guy you ;)

Hugs and Kisses,
SCR

BlitzburghRockCity
12-20-2012, 08:48 AM
Peter King carries a lot of weight with homer fans and fans who really don't have a real opinion of anything on their own. All these national columnists are like that. The real fans, fans that know something about the game no matter who they cheer for just take his comments with a grain of salt. If he writes something good, they like him, if he bashes their team, they hate him.

If he thinks that Steelers fans are the only ones that call for a coaches head everytime there's a bad season then he needs his head examined. I would hope to God he has more sense than that.

Steelers fans are passionate people who speak with a lot of emotion when it comes to our team. Do most of us actually want Tomlin fired? Probably not although there are some. The real issue is, IMO, they want Tomlin to backup what he preaches in a way that truly sends a message.

If you're going to demote someone then do it for real; not starting a starter but yet still letting him play doesn't do anything.

If you're going to preach the hot hand at RB and stick with it like you have been the last few weeks, then do that for every position. If someone isn't playing well then sit them down.

Things of that nature are magnified in the wake of losing 4-5 games.

scudmissile29
12-20-2012, 08:59 AM
I'm getting tired of Tomlin.

He needs to start ****ing screaming like Cowher did

BlitzburghRockCity
12-20-2012, 10:07 AM
LOL I do miss an epic Bill Cowher spit fest on the sidelines