PDA

View Full Version : I don't want this team to make the playoffs; And it would be better in the long run.

Real Deal Steel
12-17-2012, 11:08 AM
This team doesn't deserve to make the playoffs. The inconstancy's from each unit has put this season in the toilet. There is no way that this team makes the playoffs and magically plays a complete game.

Plus...it we don't make the playoffs, it will put a specific microscope on Tomlin, Colbert, Le Beau, the "young money" WR crew as well as the lack of pass rush. Not to mention O-line and RB issues.

These people and areas need to be addressed. And making the playoffs would disillusion people into thinking that we are close. We are not close.

We need accountability in this organization.

1.Who's holding AB accountable for his repeated fumbles in three games this year?
2.Who's holding the poor tackling by this team in 4 big games this year?
3.Who's holding Wallace accountable for his lackadaisical attitude for at least half this season?
4.Who's accountable for the lack of push up the middle of the D-line for the last 3 years?
5.Why can't our organization use free agency a little bit?

My point is that we need someone to be the bottom line and for there to be repercussions for lack of performance. Currently, we have none.

And to get it, we need to be embarrassed by not making the playoffs. Which will energize our fan base to yell and scream at the Ronny's and General Manager Colbert to do better.

LatrobePA
12-17-2012, 11:14 AM
This running game needs Mendy, period! Tomlin's point is proven! Maybe AB should of been benched???

Zachintosh66
12-17-2012, 11:29 AM
I want to make the playoffs... but dont want to be embrassed in them... which is prolly going to happen if we do.

lancer89074
12-17-2012, 12:06 PM
This team doesn't deserve to make the playoffs. The inconstancy's from each unit has put this season in the toilet. There is no way that this team makes the playoffs and magically plays a complete game.

Plus...it we don't make the playoffs, it will put a specific microscope on Tomlin, Colbert, Le Beau, the "young money" WR crew as well as the lack of pass rush. Not to mention O-line and RB issues.

These people and areas need to be addressed. And making the playoffs would disillusion people into thinking that we are close. We are not close.

1.Who's holding AB accountable for his repeated fumbles in three games this year?
3.Who's holding Wallace accountable for his lackadaisical attitude for at least half this season?
4.Who's accountable for the lack of push up the middle of the D-line for the last 3 years?

My point is that we need someone to be the bottom line and for there to be repercussions for lack of performance. Currently, we have none.

And to get it, we need to be embarrassed by not making the playoffs. Which will energize our fan base to yell and scream at the Ronny's and General Manager Colbert to do better.

Excellent post!!! Tough not to look in the direction of the coaching staff for all of this. Not every team can have a Bellichik or Harbaugh.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-17-2012, 12:31 PM
I always hate to say that it's better if we don't make the playoffs, because anything can happen. Normally though that scenario unfolds when you get hot in December and carry that into January. This team is ice cold right now. Even if they win the final two, I have zero confidence that they could go into Denver and win, or even New England. I'd have mild confidence if they had to go into Baltimore at some point.

Accountability? What's that? Tomlin talks about it, but hasn't backed it up enough. The Wallace demotion was a joke, we all knew he'd still be on the field and nothing has changed since then. For every big catch there are still drops or lack of effort in key situations. Sanders continues to cough it up in wide open spaces, and AB's brain drain on Sunday was just the icing on the cake.

Crash
12-17-2012, 12:52 PM
Why miss the playoffs? So we can get a higher draft pick for defense and then watch him sit the bench for three years when LeBeau doesn't retire?

Clevelandsux
12-17-2012, 01:50 PM
I still want tomake the playoffs because anything can happen, Remember the Giants last year. They were 7-7 at this point last year too. But most teams that do make it, play well down the stretch. We aren't. The Bengals,Cowboys, Redskins and colts are playing better than us right now.

But i do agree it might take a clunker season or two to start making changes. Alot of these players need to go. And as long as we keep making playoffs they wont. Last year we were 12-4, but not a good 12-4 in my book. Why we bowed out to tebow and the 8-8 broncos in first round.

SnakeEyes43
12-17-2012, 01:57 PM
We don't deserve to make the playoffs. If you would've told me in July when I was in LaTrobe for camp that we were going to lose to the Titans, Browns, Raiders, Cowboys, and Chargers (and take KC into OT!!!!) I probably would've given you a mushroom tattoo on the cheek and said "ARE YOU CRAZY?!? LOOK AT ALL THIS TALENT!"

So disappointed in this team this year. The season looked so freaking promising on paper.

Clevelandsux
12-17-2012, 02:07 PM
We don't deserve to make the playoffs. If you would've told me in July when I was in LaTrobe for camp that we were going to lose to the Titans, Browns, Raiders, Cowboys, and Chargers (and take KC into OT!!!!) I probably would've given you a mushroom tattoo on the cheek and said "ARE YOU CRAZY?!? LOOK AT ALL THIS TALENT!"

So disappointed in this team this year. The season looked so freaking promising on paper.

And barely beating the eagles too. But beat giants and ravens (who might not even be that good). I have a cleveland theory. Any season we lose to the Browns, we don't make the playoffs. look at history since the Browns reissued in the league. 1999-6-10. 2000-9-7 miss playoffs. 2003-6-10. 2009-9-7 miss playoffs. 2012-7-7 and not looking good.All years we lost to the Browns.

And to be honest i didnt go into this season with any feeling. With all the injuries i wasn't sure what to expect.

Rhyno
12-17-2012, 02:24 PM
I want to see the Steelers in the palyoffs if for no other reason than the chance to beat the Ravens again. I really cannot understand people hoping for the Steelers not to make the playoffs. Sure they will probably get beat, but there is only one way to really find out.

Clevelandsux
12-17-2012, 02:31 PM
Agreed rhyno. I know we can't win the super bowl every year. But i do like a team that is competitive and in the playoffs and in the hunt. Thats how i judge if a season is successful or not. Whether we are in the playoffs or not.

KemoTherapy
12-17-2012, 02:50 PM
I had high hopes for this season but DeCastro,Spence,Adams etc.all got hurt, Ta Amu went nuts, and they don't even put their best players out on the field (ie using Hampton, Keisel,Harrison,Troy when they are all toast). So as much as it pains me to say this they don't deserve to be in the playoffs and would likely get slaughtered if they did.

steelhurtin86
12-17-2012, 04:55 PM
i agree sitting home for the playoffs this yr would be good for this team, as well as what they deserve. I think everyone on this team drank the kool-aid this offseason and thought "weve got all this talent, how can we not make the playoffs". I really liked tomlin his first few seasons. He came in with an attitude and a desire to show this was his team. he made tough decisions like releasing and benching veterans and had the team on alert that if they didnt perform, they wouldnt play. And it showed on the field, guys played with a passion and fire that is non-existent this yr.

And i feel this falls on Tomlins shoulders. Hes become to buddy-buddy with his players rather than being the voice of authority. Maybe tomlin put too much trust in his players, figured these are men who know what is expected and so far theyve delivered so maybe i can tone back on the dictator role. Wrong choice Mike. These players are pampered millionaires who if not held accountable arent capable of being disciplined and prepared.

I think the veteran leadership that has discipated over the years of Tomlin in charge had for the first few years made it where Tomlin didnt have to be the bad guy and call out underperformers or even set an example for what kind of preparation was expected from this organization. This has become painfully obvious over the past few seasons.

I still believe Tomlin is a good coach and the ship can be righted. But a season like this where its looking likely we will miss the playoffs is whats needed to knock him off his high horse. The talent is there, the gameplan may not be perfect but its mot the reason were losing, the lack of focus and execution is why this team loses to less talented teams. I think how the players and coaches respond next yr will determine whether Tomlin has what it takes to be the leader he needs to be. Just hate that it took a season like this to hopefully wake this team up

Crash
12-17-2012, 05:45 PM
Place the blame where it belongs, on the meddling owner who's more interested in doing favors for old hired hands than winning football games.

"Haley's Vomit" has failed. As many expected it would.

coldrolled
12-17-2012, 06:26 PM
This team was a walking MASH unit... Problem is... what crash said kinda. the new guy sits for three years. so when the veterans go down, no one has real time game experience well ST.

How many games did 90,93, 27, 30, 28, 55, 97....... play before this year... at least they have some time under their belts now.

Then the rookies.. Spence, DD, Gilbert, Tamu, Adams out.. Our number 6 68 played....

The Bengals are playing Burfict.. Let alone all the other #1's and 2's they have and their all on the field getting in sync...

The only sync were in is the ship sinking with injuries...

ChucktownSteeler
12-17-2012, 08:45 PM
I'd rather miss the playoffs and have a higher slot in the draft.

LarryNJ
12-17-2012, 09:09 PM
Which will energize our fan base to yell and scream at the Ronny's and General Manager Colbert to do better.

I understand how you feel about your other points. I don't think fans reactions influence the ownership at all. If it did they would never be as successful as they have been the last 40 years.

I hope we make the playoffs.

Clevelandsux
12-17-2012, 09:15 PM
I hope we make the playoffs too. But not to change the thread, goodell wants to add more playoff spots, I disagree. The playoffs are supposed to be the best of the best. Not mediocrity. I dont want 7-9 and 8-8 teams in the playoffs.

North Steel
12-17-2012, 09:38 PM
I hope we make the playoffs too. But not to change the thread, goodell wants to add more playoff spots, I disagree. The playoffs are supposed to be the best of the best. Not mediocrity. I dont want 7-9 and 8-8 teams in the playoffs.

It all comes down to $$$$$ more playoff spots means more $$$$. I do want to see our boys in the playoffs for the simple reason it's a totally new game. Do they deserve to be in the playoffs,fu$k NO.The problem with this team IMO is it lacks that team play,it just seems everyone is for themselves.The win against Baltimore this year was a team win.

Troyisabeast_43
12-17-2012, 09:47 PM
I want to make the playoffs as well and will never under any circumstances not cheer for this team to miss the playoffs. Yes this Steelers team has a lot of problems in a lot of areas that I think need to be and will be addressed in the off-season. But the bottom line is it's not the off-season yet and like a lot of people keep saying if you get in the playoffs with a QB as good as Ben Roethlisberger anything can happen. The Steelers can still actually get a home game here in these playoffs still by still having a chance to win this division if they win out and the Ravens who are playing terrible right now lose out which is very very possible. So let's just calm down now for the time being and get ready to enjoy a huge huge game this weekend at Heinz Field. I cant wait for this Bengals game it is going to feel like a playoff game...

Clevelandsux
12-17-2012, 09:48 PM
Dude the ****** *** jets still have a shot at the playoffs! The Steelers will not back in the playoffs regardless. They will have to win both games to get in at 9-7. If they lose sunday, they are done officially and Bengals will be in. As bad as they've been they still control there own destiny. Both games are at home.Its all set in stone. Although they've done nothing lately to lead me to believe they will do this.

Real Deal Steel
12-18-2012, 11:50 AM
Who demands excellence from the players? Who's holding them accountable?

K Train
12-18-2012, 01:03 PM
i want them to make the playoffs, and i think they probably will as sad as it might be for the AFC but theres no reason to say they shouldnt make the playoffs if they are the most deserving team left in the AFC.

they should have beat the cowboys, and a few other games this year...while it might look like theyve lost the ability to win games i promise that an overtime heartbreaker isnt the nail in the coffin for this team for the next 10 years. some adjustments have to be made but they took the broncos down to the wire before this season and theyve broken peytons spirits before so if they draw the broncos in the wild card round i think they will probably be right in that game (peyton isnt exactly a world beater in the playoffs)

HUNT4SEVEN
12-18-2012, 09:25 PM
I don't wan to make the P.O.'s because 1. i don't know what team will show up the one who took it to the Giants, or the team who lost to Oakland. 2. Because we need high picks in this year draft ,so we can reload we have some big decisions to make this off season concerning Troy, Harrison, Slyvester,Hampton,Foote,Kiesel, Starks, etc...

Black@Gold Forever32
12-18-2012, 09:33 PM
i want them to make the playoffs, and i think they probably will as sad as it might be for the AFC but theres no reason to say they shouldnt make the playoffs if they are the most deserving team left in the AFC.

they should have beat the cowboys, and a few other games this year...while it might look like theyve lost the ability to win games i promise that an overtime heartbreaker isnt the nail in the coffin for this team for the next 10 years. some adjustments have to be made but they took the broncos down to the wire before this season and theyve broken peytons spirits before so if they draw the broncos in the wild card round i think they will probably be right in that game (peyton isnt exactly a world beater in the playoffs)

The Steelers will never be down for a 10 year period but I just don't know what to think about this team this year......Such a frustrating team to watch......I love the young WR's but I question the mental toughness of all three of them right now.....I'm just glad Cortez Allen and Keenan Lewis look like they will be playing this week.......If Lewis and Allen were both out Sunday then I think the game could get pretty ugly........Todd Haley needs to stop handcuffing this offense and just let Ben do this thing since time is running out on the seasons.....Sure it was nice protecting Ben more but its time for the shackles to come off......

SuperSteelers
12-18-2012, 11:20 PM

I don't know why your surprised. A lot of folks have been saying this team was an 8-8 team and no better then 10-6 since the start of the season. I knew since last season this team was overrated. Go back to last season and look at that 12-4 record and see who they beat. Proof was in the pudding when they got Tebowed. You think this season is bad wait till next year. The defense is in decline and offensive line is a train wreck. This team has no talented backups in just about every position when a player goes down on injuries. The rebuilding has to start at the end of this season and it will take a couple of bad seasons to get a good team on the field. BTW "TALENT' alone doesn't win championships. Defense, heart, and mental toughness trumps talent every time when it comes to winning games and championships.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-19-2012, 12:59 AM
I don't know why your surprised. A lot of folks have been saying this team was an 8-8 team and no better then 10-6 since the start of the season. I knew since last season this team was overrated. Go back to last season and look at that 12-4 record and see who they beat. Proof was in the pudding when they got Tebowed. You think this season is bad wait till next year. The defense is in decline and offensive line is a train wreck. This team has no talented backups in just about every position when a player goes down on injuries. The rebuilding has to start at the end of this season and it will take a couple of bad seasons to get a good team on the field. BTW "TALENT' alone doesn't win championships. Defense, heart, and mental toughness trumps talent every time when it comes to winning games and championships.

You're right about the defense being on the decline due to aging players......But the offensive line is filled with high draft picks......Pouncey, DeCastro, Adams, Gilbert are four young OL so the OL very well could turn into a strength next year....Injuries is what made the OL a train wreck this year.....

jnes1216
12-19-2012, 01:07 AM
You're right about the defense being on the decline due to aging players......But the offensive line is filled with high draft picks......Pouncey, DeCastro, Adams, Gilbert are four young OL so the OL very well could turn into a strength next year....Injuries is what made the OL a train wreck this year.....

Was there a change in strength/conditioning coaches or pre-game routines in the last few years? I know some injuries are unavoidable but the off. line problems seem more than chance. Kugler's last year in Buffalo was the same thing...juggling off. line combinations all year. I wonder if his replacement will do something different to make a difference?

Black@Gold Forever32
12-19-2012, 01:17 AM
Was there a change in strength/conditioning coaches or pre-game routines in the last few years? I know some injuries are unavoidable but the off. line problems seem more than chance. Kugler's last year in Buffalo was the same thing...juggling off. line combinations all year. I wonder if his replacement will do something different to make a difference?

I'm hoping the injuries are down with a new OL coach........I'm not sad to see Kugler go at all......

Real Deal Steel
12-19-2012, 09:50 AM
A new O-line coach could be one of the biggest moves we make in the off-season. Clearly the O-line players must not be conditioning well. All these injuries are not just "bad luck".

connecticutsteel
12-19-2012, 09:57 AM
Dude the ****** *** jets still have a shot at the playoffs! The Steelers will not back in the playoffs regardless. They will have to win both games to get in at 9-7. If they lose sunday, they are done officially and Bengals will be in. As bad as they've been they still control there own destiny. Both games are at home.Its all set in stone. Although they've done nothing lately to lead me to believe they will do this.

THE ****** *** JETS ARE ELIMINATED FROM PLAYOFF CONTENTION

If we make the playoffs or not we will draft at roughly the same position unless we make it deep in the playoffs . I will never understand how a fan of a team thinks that losing is a good stratagy?

Real Deal Steel
12-19-2012, 10:40 AM
Losing is good because it causes an organization to make changes. That's why losing this year may be for the best.

Question:

If your going to spend money on the position, do you resign Mike Wallace or do you sign Dwayne Bowe? Just asking.

City of Champyinz
12-19-2012, 11:44 AM
Losing is good because it causes an organization to make changes. That's why losing this year may be for the best.

Question:

If your going to spend money on the position, do you resign Mike Wallace or do you sign Dwayne Bowe? Just asking.

Dwayne Bowe is a clown. How many drops did he have against the Steelers this season? Greg Jennings will be a free agent after the season. Id love to have him sign with the Steelers. They need veteran leadership. And since the Ravens doesnt appreciate Ray Rice's talents, the Steelers should grab him too!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

SuperSteelers
12-19-2012, 01:33 PM

I agree that the o-line is filled with potential prospects that haven't panned out yet. The issue I'm having is how often they get injured and the fact the Steelers don't have any talented backups once the starters get injured. Most teams have a couple good guys that can come in and do a decent job when a starter goes down unlike the Steelers. One guy goes down and Ben is running for his life. They just don't have any decent backups.

coldrolled
12-19-2012, 02:00 PM
I agree that the o-line is filled with potential prospects that haven't panned out yet. The issue I'm having is how often they get injured and the fact the Steelers don't have any talented backups once the starters get injured. Most teams have a couple good guys that can come in and do a decent job when a starter goes down unlike the Steelers. One guy goes down and Ben is running for his life. They just don't have any decent backups.

You Sure? I leam more towards an OL that never had a chance to gel... This week will be 2 weeks they all play together back to back with no change right?

Real Deal Steel
12-19-2012, 02:33 PM
I totally agree about the line. With them playing being together..mix in a new O-line coach...and I think next season we'll finally get the O-line we've been looking for.

K Train
12-19-2012, 08:02 PM
I don't wan to make the P.O.'s because 1. i don't know what team will show up the one who took it to the Giants, or the team who lost to Oakland. 2. Because we need high picks in this year draft ,so we can reload we have some big decisions to make this off season concerning Troy, Harrison, Slyvester,Hampton,Foote,Kiesel, Starks, etc...
this is the most retarded post ive ever seen. you dont want to see them in the playoffs because you dont know what team will show up? maybe they dont deserve to make the playoffs compared to previous steeler teams, maybe they arent as good as the team was in 05 and 08 and 10, 11 with 3 superbowl appearences and a 12-4 record...but the only reason to play the ****ing sport is to make the playoffs, what do you want the patriots or broncos to just be placed in the superbowl and forget the playoffs? just disgusting reasoning, because you dont know if they are going to play good or bad....jesus

Question:

losing is never good, having a shot at the playoffs whether it is by #1 seed or squaking in the 8th seed is whats good, not losing just because it might lead to some changes

and the answer to your question would be bowe. Bowe has had some of the worst QB play and #2 WR play and still has been able to produce a lot. Hes a big, physical WR who haley was brilliant with in his progression. I said that antonio brown needs mike wallace and vise versa but instead of being a crutch for each other to fall on, brown would be a tremendous compliment to bowe and we could probably hear the end of the nonsense that brown is a #1 receiver .

i like wallace but bowe is probably better, and probably more what the offense needs. plus haley loves having WRs that are big like he had with TO, Boldin, Bowe, Baldwin...ect

Ibleedblk&gld
12-19-2012, 08:53 PM
Do you think we could get Bowe + a pick in the draft for Wallace? If so, what round pick? 5th?

K Train
12-19-2012, 08:54 PM
both will be free agents, probably would get a comp pick in the draft in the 5th round but they would have to pursue bowe as a FA and we know how that goes. Haley has his work cut out in talking the FO into signing a big free agent

Ibleedblk&gld
12-19-2012, 09:39 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing it happen...Bowe is a big body WR too

DIESELMAN
12-19-2012, 09:41 PM
Every year, I expect the Steelers to make the playoffs and hope for the Super Bowl. Even after a up and down year like this season, I really want to see them make the playoffs. We are not the only team that has been up and down this year, even with all that, we are still at .500. There are 16 teams in the NFL that wish they were at .500 and have a chance at making the playoffs. We can't be 12-4 every year, there will be years when not everything goes right every game. So to say "I don't want the Steelers to make the playoffs" is not only ridiculous but sounds a bit selfish to me. Tell the players you don't want them to make the playoffs, see how they react, I bet every one who says that gets a fat lip or a broken jaw......

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-19-2012, 09:58 PM
Every year, I expect the Steelers to make the playoffs and hope for the Super Bowl. Even after a up and down year like this season, I really want to see them make the playoffs. We are not the only team that has been up and down this year, even with all that, we are still at .500. There are 16 teams in the NFL that wish they were at .500 and have a chance at making the playoffs. We can't be 12-4 every year, there will be years when not everything goes right every game. So to say "I don't want the Steelers to make the playoffs" is not only ridiculous but sounds a bit selfish to me. Tell the players you don't want them to make the playoffs, see how they react, I bet every one who says that gets a fat lip or a broken jaw......

Well said !! :yellowthumb::yellowthumb: It doesn't make sense to me to say " I don't want to see them in the play offs ". Granted they may not make it far but who knows how far they make it? If they make the playoffs and go on a roll all the way to and win the SB ,would those same people say " well don't give them the Lombardi ,they don't deserve it"... in a word NO. All that can be asked of the team is to make the playoffs that is the only way for them to have a chance. That's when all the records go back to 0-0 and everybody is equal again !!
At this point what does the team gain by not qualifying for the playoffs, an earlier draft pick in the teens?? there are no sure things in the draft except maybe the top 5 to maybe 10. A pick in the late teens doesn't assure us any thing. Call me a homer or whatever you want but I still would rather see at least 1 more week of STEELERS football , then having to wait until the draft or training camp !!!

Clevelandsux
12-19-2012, 10:26 PM
we've not had too many real high round draft picks in the last 40 years. but we've done alright.

as herm edwards said "you play to win the games".

elephantman
12-19-2012, 11:38 PM
I WANT them to make the playoffs and everybody here does....so u all routing for Cinci this week WTF is wrong with all of those that wish this scenerio. going 9-7 and losing in 1st round will still make a statement of this thread anyway

but getting an asswipping from the Pats in wild card is my worse nightmare and it's looking like they're getting the 3 seed

steelchamp204
12-20-2012, 01:55 AM
What??? It this a serious thread. Why wouldnt we want them to make the playoffs? Isnt that every fans hope at the beginning of the season? Seems selfish to me because some fans would be happy as hell to be .500, Early draft picks dont mean ****. Look at the Browns/Chiefs/Raiders for example who have always had early draft picks it seems the past decade and there teams still arent panning out. Well except the browns. This draft class isnt all that strong anyway. Would it be nice to have an early pick? Yes, but damn, lets just hope we make the playoffs are alone have a .500 season atleast.

Rhyno
12-20-2012, 07:41 AM
Call me a homer or whatever you want but I still would rather see at least 1 more week of STEELERS football , then having to wait until the draft or training camp !!!

This is really what it boils-down-to for me. We, as fans, are only "guaranteed" 16 Steeler games a year. Every playoff game is icing on the cake. I don't care how ****** the Steelers look (They are not always going to be the best team in the NFL), I still want to see them play as many games as possible and anything can happen in the NFL - just get to the playoffs and see what happens.

High draft picks are for losers and changes are coming for this team no matter how far they make it this year. It seems as though some here are really fans of Lombardi Trophies more than they are Steeler fans.

connecticutsteel
12-20-2012, 09:41 AM

Question:

Wallace will get the francise tag next year but if i had my way i would trade him to st.louis or indy for there 1st round pick then we would have 2.he needs to gain 88.5 yards in each of the games left to reach 1000 yds. Bowe is a bigger head case than wallace and he's going into his 7th year and he only has 34 td's wallace has 32 in 4 yrs and bowe only has 900 more receiving yards so that tells me he's not worth 9.2 million a season

Real Deal Steel
12-20-2012, 10:15 AM
This is really what it boils-down-to for me. We, as fans, are only "guaranteed" 16 Steeler games a year. Every playoff game is icing on the cake. I don't care how ****** the Steelers look (They are not always going to be the best team in the NFL), I still want to see them play as many games as possible and anything can happen in the NFL - just get to the playoffs and see what happens.

High draft picks are for losers and changes are coming for this team no matter how far they make it this year. It seems as though some here are really fans of Lombardi Trophies more than they are Steeler fans.

Nope. I'm a Steelers fans who wants more Lombardi Trophies. And at the end of the day, that's what it's all about. You are not going to games just to see guys run around in tights all the time with no prospects of winning. Your going to games with the hope of seeing your team work it's way to a championship.

As of right now, this team is like a wall with a bunch of plugged up holes and each game, a new hole springs a leak. And that isn't going to change by some miracle playoff appearance. I don't like the way we limped in last season and was embarrassed by a non-throwing QB. That didn't sit to well with me.

The term fan comes from the word "Fanatic". And some people in here are a "Fan" to the truest sense of the word. If this team makes the playoffs, that will be confirmation in the minds of Colbert & Tomlin that what their doing is right. And it isn't.
Colbert and Tomlin have failed this organization for the last three years in their overall talent evaluation and handling of the team. It is time they be put under the microscope. That microscope might not happen if they make a one & done playoff appearance.

Embarrassment is a good tool for motivation. And I want Colbert and Tomlin motivated and pressured to do better at their jobs. Anyone who says that they want this team to make the playoffs, only to go to New England and be embarrassed by the Patriots shows their lack of football knowledge. Anyone who has watched this game as long as I have or longer knows that this current Steelers team can not and will not win anything this year.

We can not and will not beat the Patriots
We can not and will not beat the Texans
We can not and will not beat the Broncos

So it's time to turn our lemons into lemonade and use some embarrassment to find accountability from Tomlin & Colbert and the players.

Rhyno
12-20-2012, 10:34 AM
That microscope might not happen if they make a one & done playoff appearance.

So, you do not think that Tomlin and Colbert are not already under the microscope? They have their hands on the controls of a franchise worth over a BILLION dollars. They are most definitely under the microscope.

Don't get me wrong, this team is not that good - pretty much the definition of average. But, in the NFL anything is possible. This team can beat the Texans, it can beat the Broncos (maybe). The Patriots do frighten me, but who knows, Tom Brady could injure his vaj and the Steelers could dominate them. The point is, anything can happen. Missing out on the playoffs is not going to magically make this team better.

Real Deal Steel
12-20-2012, 10:42 AM
This team can not beat the Texans
This team can not beat the Broncos
This team can not beat the Patriots.

That's your homerism talking.

And missing out on the playoffs CAN MAGICALLY MAKE THIS TEAM BETTER because it will bring about a HARD microscope and change.

City of Champyinz
12-20-2012, 10:48 AM
The Steelers defense right now isnt capable of consistently stopping any of those 'elite' playoff teams. Theyd have to score points and get key stops down the stretch in order to win. It is possible though.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Real Deal Steel
12-20-2012, 10:56 AM
And that's all were talking about.

The Steeler team right now. That's the only Steeler team we have..is right now.

Clevelandsux
12-20-2012, 04:02 PM
steelers win last 2, they are deserving. if they lose one, they are not. simple.

Rhyno
12-20-2012, 05:20 PM
steelers win last 2, they are deserving. if they lose one, they are not. simple.

This, exactly. There is a very easy way to determine if they "deserve" to make the playoffs. Not sure why some have a hard time grasping this.

Real Deal Steel
12-20-2012, 06:33 PM
Because if they were deserving, they'd have beaten the Raiders. LOL. Or The Titans! LOL.

You guys must really want to see our team embarrased in New England huh? You just don't get it. You don't see "Big Picture". Their not getting past the big three in any way, shape or form.

Get7With7
12-20-2012, 07:27 PM
Well, the way I see it is if they get in they did good enough. Not the Steelers' fault the rest of the AFC sucks.

However, in the long-run, missing the playoffs could help them. It would be a wake-up call not only for the players, but the coaches, and even ownership. The Steelers need to change some of their philosophies if they want to be successful over the rest of Ben's career.

Real Deal Steel
12-20-2012, 07:58 PM
However, in the long-run, missing the playoffs could help them. It would be a wake-up call not only for the players, but the coaches, and even ownership. The Steelers need to change some of their philosophies if they want to be successful over the rest of Ben's career.
That's all I'm saying.

steelchamp204
12-21-2012, 12:41 AM
Dont watch the rest of the regular season. Just wait until the draft comes around then. What is the difference if they win out and make the playoffs only to be bounced out again in the first round? That would put Tomlin and Company under even more pressure than losing the next two games. If you talking about winning out and losing the playoff games, what are we talking draft position wise? 1 later pick or 2? Already how it is, this team is still going to be picking 18 or later. This draft class is weak. Im a Tomlin supporter but if he would get his head out of his *** and play rookies more than we can see what we have instead of them playing special teams for 2 years, then when they finally do play and they suck, it was a waste of 2 seasons. I want them to make the playoffs, you can call it homerism, but that is what being a fan is about.

If they lose to cincy, all I want to see if Sylvester has got what it takes to play middle lb with Timmons and see what happens. Id like to see McLendon start instead of Hamp and Id like to see Heyward start instead of Kiesel.

I dont see any issue if Steeler fans want to see them in the playoffs, we know our chances wont be good, but holy ****, things can happen. Manning can do his choke artist impersenation at any time during the playoffs, you know the 2-3 inerception game. We know we can hang with Bmore, and were not sure how Schaub will be able to handle the playoffs since he was injured last season when the Texans won there playoff game. Anything can happen, there is no real DOMINANT team in the AFC. Anything can happen. Our main focus is the secondary next year. I expect Spence to get a lot of playing time next season if Foote decides to stay or go, I expect Heyward to get a lot more reps. Hampt will be gone see we can see McLendon push the pocket. The offense young with on the right side with ADAMS/DD//POUNCEY/FOSTER/STARX. This team if healthy next season could be dangerous.

Clevelandsux
12-21-2012, 01:29 AM
i still would like to see them in the playoffs. we get some healthy bodies back, anything can happen.

BRICKTOWN BEAST
12-21-2012, 02:03 AM
I for one would rather root for my team and wave my towel then wishing we just give up and get a higher draft pick. You might as well just not even watch the games... Just wait until the draft each season until we create your dream team and get updates on any off-season acquisitions...

cbrunn
12-21-2012, 03:44 AM
Dont watch the rest of the regular season. Just wait until the draft comes around then. What is the difference if they win out and make the playoffs only to be bounced out again in the first round? That would put Tomlin and Company under even more pressure than losing the next two games. If you talking about winning out and losing the playoff games, what are we talking draft position wise? 1 later pick or 2? Already how it is, this team is still going to be picking 18 or later. This draft class is weak. Im a Tomlin supporter but if he would get his head out of his *** and play rookies more than we can see what we have instead of them playing special teams for 2 years, then when they finally do play and they suck, it was a waste of 2 seasons. I want them to make the playoffs, you can call it homerism, but that is what being a fan is about.

If they lose to cincy, all I want to see if Sylvester has got what it takes to play middle lb with Timmons and see what happens. Id like to see McLendon start instead of Hamp and Id like to see Heyward start instead of Kiesel.

This right here is what it all comes down too ... why don't we have depth on the defense side of the ball ??? BECAUSE THE YOUNG GUYS GET NO F'N TIME TO PLAY ... YOU DO NOT F'N LEARN by watching the game on the sideline and playing special teams

Dicks defense is so complicated players need 2 + years before they can even see the field??? ... GET THAT ISH OUT OF HERE ... that's a bunch of baloney

GIVE THE YOUNG GUYS TIME

K Train
12-21-2012, 07:36 PM
this team took the broncos down to the wire, beat the **** out of the up and down patriots last season (they arent exactly pummling their opponent on the week in and week out basis) and the texans are far from unbeatable....they may be the best teams in the AFC, but the best teams weeks 1-17 are not uncommonly not the best team in the playoffs...steelers have won as the WC, giants have won as being the worst team in the playoffs and even the packers beat the steelers as a WC.

Stone
12-22-2012, 07:36 PM

But if you don't want them to make the playoffs, tell me which Ohio **** team do you want them to lose to....or both?

TarlsQtr
12-22-2012, 08:03 PM
Stupid thread...

TarlsQtr
12-22-2012, 08:18 PM

The above may be the dumbest line in history. Yeah, the "fan base" will fix this team. If they ran it, we would be a 2-14 team annually.

We have one of the most solid organizations in all of sports. ALL teams (especially in a salary cap sport) go through a down time or rebuild phase. This is a "down" year and we are still on the cusp of the playoffs. There may be about 20 other teams thrilled to have such a "down" year.

And yeah, let's yell and scream at the "Ronny's" (sicX2) and Colbert. It will surely make them better at evaluating talent. (Sarcasm)

Finally, if missing the playoffs one year is what we need, then by your "logic" missing it for five years (maybe an 0-16 season mixed in there) will be even better. It should get the fan base ginned up enough to motivate the "Ronny's" and Colbert to provide us with about 10 Super Bowls in a row.

Real Deal Steel
12-23-2012, 01:00 PM
tarlsqtr, shut up. You live to start ****. You don't have real dialog. Dick head.

Real Deal Steel
12-23-2012, 01:03 PM
A loss to the Bengals would surely be unacceptable to management and would get the ball rolling for change. But, to be fair, management needs to look in the mirror too. Not using free agency has to be changed. It just does.

I'm for anything that will bring about some changes. And an embarrassing loss at home would do the trick and put the whole Steeler team under the microscope.

Real Deal Steel
12-23-2012, 04:18 PM
Well, as I predicted, a loss.

Now we will get some real change around here. It will be a rough off-season for Tomlin, Haley and the players. And that's just what they need. For management and the fans to get into their *** for the next six months!! Love it.

steelchamp204
12-23-2012, 05:31 PM

Now we will get some real change around here. It will be a rough off-season for Tomlin, Haley and the players. And that's just what they need. For management and the fans to get into their *** for the next six months!! Love it.

Since when do coaches/players/management listen to fans? :lol:

Get7With7
12-23-2012, 06:18 PM

Art Rooney is not without blame. He wanted the Steelers to play this style of football, even when it was clear they were not built to do it, and now they will be 7-9 or 8-8 because of it.

Maybe the Arians offense took too many unnecessary risks, but this offense just plays close to the vest all of the time. If you were dinking-and-dunking to sucker teams in, and then take shots down field, then you could justify this offense. However, when you don't take shots at all and just continue to dink-and-dunk, it's evident that you're just playing scared.

chisteeler
12-23-2012, 06:37 PM
tarlsqtr, shut up. You live to start ****. You don't have real dialog. Dick head.

lol...lol. Nice.

Real Deal Steel
12-23-2012, 07:24 PM
Since when do coaches/players/management listen to fans? :lol:

Are you kidding?????

Imagine them going around town for the next six months. Imagine the **** their going to get from the guy at the grocery store. From the waiter when they go out to dinner. Trust me, these guys hear the laughing of how their season turned out. And as they hear it over and over again over the next six months, it puts a bur in their backside.

SuperSteelers
12-23-2012, 07:35 PM
Before the season started most of the talking heads said the Steelers would finish 3rd in the division and miss the playoffs.

Real Deal Steel
12-23-2012, 07:41 PM
But they didn't really believe it. They were lead astray because they made the playoffs last year. Now..with not making the playoffs and losing at home to the Bengals, that will put some urgency in the front office, coaches and players.

TarlsQtr
12-23-2012, 07:52 PM

No, I live to scoop **** up off the ground as it falls out of your mouth. I'd hate to see others step in it. In the future, please use the toilet (I know it must be difficult for you to find the little shack in the back yard) instead of this message board to take your shits.

As usual, you do not address one point. The Rooneys' view on free agency has gotten us three trips to the Super Bowl since 2005 and you want to change it? Idiotic. This team wins by drafting well. When it does not, we suffer with years like this on occasion but we also do not go through season after season of irrelevancy like so many UFA centered teams. How often have the deadskins spent ungodly sums of money on UFAs and sucked? This year, they use the draft (RGIII, Alfred Morris) and are on the cusp of winning their division. Look at this year's draft class. Decastro, Adams, Spence, and Ta'amu suffering from injury or stupidity. Tomlin and Colbert cannot see that coming and the first two will anchor our OL (the biggest problem) for years to come..

Real Deal Steel
12-27-2012, 11:14 AM
I am adressing your point. And here's my point:

I don't care what worked in the past, it isn't working NOW! And now is all we have.

If you paid your light bill for the year of 2009, that's fine.
If you paid your light bill for the year of 2008, that's fine too.

But what happens if you don't pay your light bill now? The lights get cut off and they don't care about what you did in 2008 or 2009.

Case in point, not using free agency doesn't work. We got Bettis from free agency. We got Farrior from free agency. Those guys were key pieces in us winning the last two superbowls that we won. So...we need to use free agency now.

You should be tired of being wrong so much Tarlstr. We have to change and adapt to a new NFL. Not some 1980's notion.

Real Deal Steel
12-27-2012, 11:16 AM
Tarlstr, you sound like an old man telling everyone, " This new thing called Television will never replace the radio." "Radio has been the number # 1 thing for all my life and nothing will ever be better then the radio." Hahahahahahahaahhahaahahha

Real Deal Steel
12-27-2012, 11:22 AM
We have an inordinate amount of needs across the board. And you think we are going to adequately address them all without using free agency???

1. We are going to fix the secondary without free agency?
2. We are going to fix the D-line without free agency?
3. We are going to fix the linebacker positions without free agency?
4. We are going to address the WR position (Wallace leaving) without free agency?
5. We are going to address the RB position (Mendenhall leaving) without free agency?
6. We are going to tweek up the O-line without free agency?
7. We are going to fix the back-up QB position without free agency?

Granted, some of this will be addressed by the draft..but all of this can't be fixed by the draft! Not fixed ADEQUATELY!!!!! And your saying not to use free agency? Not even a little bit? Your insane.

Crash
12-27-2012, 11:27 AM
We traded for Bettis.

No, they don't have to go Dan Snyder in free agency. But if they don't change the way they use it a tad, due to some recent bad draft classes we are going to have some lean years.

Ben and Starks are the only 2004 guys left.

Miller is the only one from 2005 left.

Colon is the only guy from 2006 left.

Timmons and Woodley are the only 2007 guys left.

2008 looks to be a complete bust draft.

Ziggy will be the only guy left from 2009 if Wallace and Keenan Lewis leave. Lewis only started one year, and now he may go.

Classes 2010, 2011, and 2012 look promising still.

But we have to at least use free agency better when they added guys like Farrior, Hartings, and Ryan Clark.

LeBeau or whomever the DC is better start getting the younger guys on D playing faster as well. We can't have them rotting on the bench for 2 years because the system is allegedly "too hard".

Real Deal Steel
12-27-2012, 11:28 AM
No, I live to scoop **** up off the ground as it falls out of your mouth. I'd hate to see others step in it. In the future, please use the toilet (I know it must be difficult for you to find the little shack in the back yard) instead of this message board to take your shits.

And just because you live in a trailer park doesn't mean we all do partner. I live in Rancho Cucamonga with a pool in the backyard son. And I make money while I sleep. I check my account at 10:00 to see what my deposits are...DAILY my friend. And I work 4 hours a day tops!! :lol:

Now please head back to the main room in your trailer home and go have conversation with the rest of your inbreed family members. Oh..must be hard talking when everyone only have 4 teeth in their mouths. :banana:

Real Deal Steel
12-27-2012, 11:30 AM
We traded for Bettis.

The point is..they went outside the organization. That's the point. And we have to again. If we don't, it's just like you said..there will be some very lean years. And why waste the prime years of a franchise QB????

Clevelandsux
12-27-2012, 03:39 PM
The only positive about a season like this year is it will force the team to make changes. I felt the team was on the decline last year. But when you finish 12-4, gives team an excuse to not make changes.

Real Deal Steel
12-27-2012, 04:26 PM
The only positive about a season like this year is it will force the team to make changes. I felt the team was on the decline last year. But when you finish 12-4, gives team an excuse to not make changes.

THANK YOU!!! Which is why I started this thread. I just heard that Dick Lebum..I mean Lebeau is coming back. Oh joy. More cornerbacks giving 10 yard cushions to WR's. :evilshake:

Crash
12-27-2012, 05:40 PM
LeBeau is coming back.

Haley says he's not interested in Arizona.

So much fir change there.

Going to be real interesting to see where Arians ends up.

Clevelandsux
12-27-2012, 07:15 PM
i wouldnt want arians back for all the rice in china.

NYCsteelersfan
12-27-2012, 09:18 PM

Absolutely right.

THANK YOU!!! Which is why I started this thread. I just heard that Dick Lebum..I mean Lebeau is coming back. Oh joy. More cornerbacks giving 10 yard cushions to WR's. :evilshake:

There's no such thing as shut-down defenses in this league anymore. It's not good for ratings. And giving up 2-3 TDs against miserable teams is not as big of an issue as not being able to score 3-4 TDs against miserable teams. This team scored 4 or more TDs only ONCE the entire season. That's pathetic. Just to give you an idea of how bad that is, the Titans scored 4 or more TDs in a game 3 times. The Rams did it 3 times. The Jets did it twice. Giants did it 6 times. Baltimore did it 6 times. Once again, the Steelers did it ONCE.

LeBeau is coming back.

Haley says he's not interested in Arizona.

So much fir change there.

Going to be real interesting to see where Arians ends up.

Who cares where Arians ends up? You really think Arians was a good offensive coordinator? Maybe he wasn't as bad as he was made out to be by Steelers fans, but he was still an idiot. A talking monkey could see that this team had no offensive line and the offensive schemes should've been adjusted accordingly. He never did.