PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with the Steelers?

City of Champyinz
12-17-2012, 12:06 PM
Its no secret that the team has quite a few areas to improve on. Despite that, theyve found themselves in every game. Why cant they consistently move the ball down the field and score? Is there not enough offensive leadership in the lockerroom? I think Ben needs to gut check his receivers. They need to understand that every down and every series is critical. Heath Miller is a guy i have a ton of respect for. The man just works extremely hard. His actions speak louder than everything. The entire offense should look at him as the example. If everyone were as reliable and had the same work ethic as him, the Steelers would be among the best in the league.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

LatrobePA
12-17-2012, 12:10 PM
One word: Injuries!

FlatsSteeler
12-17-2012, 12:26 PM
Latrobe I agree it is one word....but....that word is Tomlin.......

City of Champyinz
12-17-2012, 12:42 PM
As Tomlin would say, excuses are tools of the incompetent. The Steelers arent sucking bc of injuries. Guys arent executing plain ans simple. Did they lose to oakland, cleveland, tennessee and san diego bc of injuries? NO! Failure to execute.... Plain and simple. There are two ways to win games.... Demoralize the opponent by firing on all cylinders throughout the game or hanging in til the end and making the necessary plays to win down the stretch. The Steelers can do either. Instead of making plays, theyre finding ways to lose games.

steelchamp204
12-17-2012, 12:44 PM
Ben not able to complete 3 yard passes :lol: Sorry had too.

Crash
12-17-2012, 12:49 PM
Because they don't try to. Too busy trying to establish the run and play like they did 40 years ago.

That's why Haley and his simpleton two read offense is here. And it's also why we are 7-7.

Can you imagine that talent on offense if they had a REAL OC and not some puppet?

jdehoff83
12-17-2012, 12:51 PM
As Tomlin would say, excuses are tools of the incompetent. The Steelers arent sucking bc of injuries. Guys arent executing plain ans simple. Did they lose to oakland, cleveland, tennessee and san diego bc of injuries? NO! Failure to execute.... Plain and simple. There are two ways to win games.... Demoralize the opponent by firing on all cylinders throughout the game or hanging in til the end and making the necessary plays to win down the stretch. The Steelers can do either. Instead of making plays, theyre finding ways to lose games.

I agree.

I do believe the steelers' reputation proceeds them and other teams always play them well for the most part but man when they come out flat they come out flat. Its like they all go out to the strip club the night b4 games check the clock oh S*** its 4am guys we need to go we got a game in a couple hours ... :banana:

JenZwain
12-17-2012, 02:16 PM
When an offense is based off of the run, and we dont have a single RB that can get it done each game...that's a pretty easy place to start.

Clevelandsux
12-17-2012, 02:37 PM
injuries, age and coaching. The difference between winning and losing are the fundamentals. We have some young players on this team that are undisciplined. You see the same mistakes week after week. I knew when Brown fumbled that ball it was going to be a game changer. Absolutely knew it! And its not always the same guy everyweek. You have to blame this on coaching and preparation.

Clevelandsux
12-17-2012, 02:38 PM
When an offense is based off of the run, and we dont have a single RB that can get it done each game...that's a pretty easy place to start.

none of our rbs are starting calibur.

Crash
12-17-2012, 02:44 PM
Play of the game, 3rd and 4 with under 4 minutes left.

3 wides, Miller and Redman blocking.

Sack.

The Cowboys rushed 5 and had a DB spy, we had 7 blocking with no check down option for Ben and we still gave up a sack.

That's the kind of dimwitted play call that would get Arians flogged.

But not the golf coach from Pittsburgh. It's easier to blame Ben.

Clevelandsux
12-17-2012, 02:59 PM
I think miller had to stay back to block because of the line issues, which may have explained why he wasn't thrown to in the second half.same on defense, troy and our lbs had to help in coverage because of banged up secondary.

JenZwain
12-17-2012, 04:02 PM
2 of the last 3 years the Steelers drafted guys that they said were BPA, or best player available, instead of addressing vital needs like the Oline.

We have Hood and Heyward, who may turn out to be good players, but we CANT FLIPPIN WAIT TO DEVELOP THESE GUYS.

Draft a damn player that will make an impact immediately.

IMO Hood and Heyward are hardly noticeable if they even get on the field.

It's time for the way we draft to change.

KemoTherapy
12-17-2012, 04:11 PM
They stick with the vets (Hampton,Keisel, Troy,Harrison,Foote etc.)waaaay too long,to the point of it being detrimental to the overall team. That way you don't know if guys like Sylvester,Worilds,Hayward etc. can actually play or not.It's like 1980 all over again.

Clevelandsux
12-17-2012, 04:11 PM
Well they did address the line, unfortunately decastro was injured and adams has been awful thus far. they also drafted pouncey two years ago.

Clevelandsux
12-17-2012, 04:12 PM
They stick with the vets (Hampton,Keisel, Troy,Harrison,Foote etc.)waaaay too long,to the point of it being detrimental to the overall team. That way you don't know if guys like Sylvester,Worilds,Hayward etc. can actually play or not.It's like 1980 all over again.

Agreed. Reminds me of the 80's. But there was no free agency then either.

Crash
12-17-2012, 04:16 PM

That's LeBeau's way. Young players have always rotted on the bench for him here. And he's never called out for it.

Goodfrom55
12-17-2012, 04:44 PM
Injuries are what they are and to a point, will limit what offenses and defenses are able to do. DL's defenses over the years have always been based on zone pressure which almost always generated a lot of scaks and hurries. This year, the pressure is not there and with a 4th and 5th string CB out there along with a not 100% Troy, you won't be able to hold many leads in games.

Offensively, I don't think they have an identity. They will at time abandon the run and become pass happy with short to medium range passes. Keep in mind when the Steelers had their 4 game winning streak and including the loss to the Ravens, the Steelers averaged 139 yards rushing in those games, with the high being 167 vs Cincy and the low bering 95 vs KC.

Steelers abandoned the run way too early yesterday and it cost them. Some uncharacteristic drops from the WR core (exclude Miller and Cotchery from this), but overall, they just seem to make 2 or 3 plays a game that give the opponent an opportunity to hang around or win outright. This Steelers team is not mentally tough and it shows. Whether it's AB running out of bounds or not fielding a short punt, or a fumble from someone or an untimely INT , these are things that should not happen and I put that on preparation. They are correctable issues, but I put that on the coaching staff - not just Tomlin.

Crash
12-17-2012, 05:03 PM
Keep in mind when the Steelers had their 4 game winning streak and including the loss to the Ravens, the Steelers averaged 139 yards rushing in those games, with the high being 167 vs Cincy and the low bering 95 vs KC.

And why was that? Because for most of that streak the RBs could not be rotated because of injuries. Only then did it work.

Haley just can't leave well enough alone. He does things for his ego, not the better of the offense.

steelchamp204
12-17-2012, 06:13 PM
Well they did address the line, unfortunately decastro was injured and adams has been awful thus far. they also drafted pouncey two years ago.

How the **** has Adams been awful this season?

Clevelandsux
12-17-2012, 06:37 PM
no need to be explicit. He's had his rookie issues this year. Was totally manhandled by krueger in the first Ravens games and has not proven to be quite ready yet. Not saying he won't develope.

Goodfrom55
12-17-2012, 07:10 PM
Adams is the future at tackle; whether it is right or left remains to be seen. I also believe Gilbert will also work out, but he has to develop a stronger core so he doesn't get pushed around as much and land on the backs of the legs of his own lineman.

Scorp
12-17-2012, 08:02 PM
STEELERS need to find themselves and start having the desire to play and win for titles again.

ChucktownSteeler
12-17-2012, 09:42 PM
No legitimate NFL caliber RB.

Dean Denton
12-17-2012, 11:10 PM
No pass rush, cant create turn overs, WR's cant catch the ball, and no running game. The Def is getting older in spots and that needs to be looked at. We lack depth on the entire roster. Turn overs...This team has been turning the ball over way too much. Brown, i think cost this team the game with that fumble on the punt. There are many things wrong with this team, but...They are still good enough to make the playoffs and give a good push to challenge for the AFC. (No one wants to see the Steelers in the playoffs) There is good leadership on this team and if they take care of the basics who knows what could happen. For the first time except for Ike everyone is just about healthy and playing together. Let them play this out and maybe turn this thing around.

BlacknGoldHaze
12-17-2012, 11:28 PM
"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it". - Chuck Noll

BlacknGoldHaze
12-17-2012, 11:29 PM
"We have problems, and they are great". - Chuck Noll

North Steel
12-17-2012, 11:33 PM
I think the problem with this team is the loss of the fear factor persona.Since the 70,80,90 and up to a few years ago teams playing the Steelers knew they were going to get a beating win or lose,but now thanks to Roger Goodell and his bullsh$t rule changes I think it has caused the Steelers to loose that fu$k you up attitude.I don't think teams are afraid of us anymore.I think that bad *** attitude kept us hungry and made us play as a team.:dunno: