PDA

View Full Version : The Bus on Mike and Mike!

LatrobePA
12-17-2012, 09:44 AM
Nailed it, he said this is an average team that can't afford mistakes. He also said Ben and Haley aren't getting along!

I said in another thread a storm is brewing. Haley's offense has been real bad as of late..

Raleigh Steel
12-17-2012, 10:32 AM
what i don't get is ben complaining about the play calling this year, when there were a ton of games he could have complained about the last 5 seasons and you never heard that from him.

right now, the only difference between BA and TH this year is red zone efficiency, which has improved from the last 3 seasons.

haley has called some really good games this year, and a lot of head scratchers...sound like a former OC we used to have?

i think the media has been wanting to write this story all season long...now they have the proper ammo...

of course, this is one major distraction from all the injuries, the lack of pressure, lack of "splash" plays, lack of preparation, increase in turnovers and drops, and a whole slew of other reasons this team is underachieving...

Crash
12-17-2012, 10:36 AM
Jerome knows squat. He reads headlines from months in advance and pawns them off as new news.

Crash
12-17-2012, 10:36 AM
“This is on me, 100 percent,” Roethlisberger said. “I let my team down, the fans, everybody.”

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/dejankovacevic/dejancolumns/3144653-74/roethlisberger-haley-miller#ixzz2FK5aVfRL
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

LatrobePA
12-17-2012, 10:39 AM
The injuries on defense left the team down. The fumble by brown too! I don't blame Ben as much as I so these two.

Haley's offense has hit a wall starting with KC.

steelchamp204
12-17-2012, 11:49 AM
Hire Norv Turner please. Atleast he stretches the field ever now and again.

Crash
12-17-2012, 11:52 AM
If it's not Fichtner it better be someone with NO TIES to the city or the Steelers past.

So spare the rants about Chan Gailey if he gets fired, spare me Tom Clements, or Mike Mularkey if he gets axed.

The ONLY way this team can move forward, is if it stops trying to embrace the PAST.

ChucktownSteeler
12-17-2012, 08:55 PM
Fitchner, now you're talking. This guy will be a big time coach when given the chance. Book it.

LarryNJ
12-17-2012, 09:02 PM
The fumble by brown too! I don't blame Ben as much as I so these two.

Brown is my number one blame. The fumble because he got too excited after running 40 yards. It should never happen by a top returner/receiver and he's being paid like one. WTF happened on the next punt he let roll to the 20 yard line? And why did he run out of bounds with a minute left when he didn't have the first down. Seems like his head was somewhere else.

Clevelandsux
12-17-2012, 09:10 PM
Turnovers are a momentum killer. And we've had plenty of them this year.

LevonKirkland99
12-17-2012, 10:45 PM
Hire Norv Turner please. Atleast he stretches the field ever now and again.

I'm not sure if the aRooneys are going to hire another OC and fire the one they just hired this year! Haley can't teach the big time receivers how to catch the ball. They need to make a catch and don't fumble the ball.

Speeed
12-18-2012, 12:30 PM
I think it is folly to put the blame in one place. It is a crap-storm this year:

Injuries, bad luck, questionable play calling, bad clock management, poor motivation, lack of turnovers, running back situation, etc. Just too much to overcome. It is like friggin' whack-a-mole. The thing is the Ravens are doing everything they can to give the division away and the Steelers just can't get it done. But, if they win Sunday, they just might do it.

Crash
12-18-2012, 12:50 PM
The run game isn't going anywhere when 95% of our runs are between the tackles.

But that's what Art wanted. Run the ball. Yoi.