PDA

View Full Version : David DeCastro Today

jnes1216
12-17-2012, 02:39 AM
I wasn't able to see the game today. Sounds like my stress levels are better off for that. I was just wondering how DeCastro played today? Thanks.

Crash
12-17-2012, 03:36 AM
He did OK. But he was confused on a blitz late and Ben got crunched.

But he held up well.

connecticutsteel
12-17-2012, 06:52 AM
actually i don't know who's block that was but someone missed it but one block i'd say he did great if we had taylor and cortez the game was over but at least we will draft high

Nolrog
12-17-2012, 07:21 AM
but at least we will draft high

They won't draft as high as you think. If the season ended right now, we'd be 17th. There are a couple 6-8 teams that we could potentially tie with and then the all the tie-breaker stuff kicks in which I'm not sure how that all shakes out. But I don't think we could jump all that much higher.

LatrobePA
12-17-2012, 09:10 AM
He played subpar!

NorCalSteel
12-17-2012, 09:29 AM
What is par for a rookie making his first start this late in the season after coming of IR ?

LatrobePA
12-17-2012, 09:42 AM
What is par for a rookie making his first start this late in the season after coming of IR ?

Average.. He was below that! Right now the whole line is below average so he just blended in!

SnakeEyes43
12-17-2012, 09:44 AM
Average.. He was below that! Right now the whole line is below average so he just blended in!

Agree, he was okay. I'm just glad he didn't stand out for playing like crap! He kinda just blended right in, like you said.

LatrobePA
12-17-2012, 09:46 AM
As far as I'm concerned the season is over so any playing time he gets is a bonus.

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-17-2012, 09:59 AM
he didn't do that bad, he blendd in with the line . The line play was subpar but this was the first time ,I believe we used that combination. Any combination takes time to gel . It seemed like he missed 1 blitz pick up but what do you expect from a rookies first game?? I mean really DeCastro and Beachum were starting their first game while playing along side each other , it wasn't great but it wasn't flat out terrible either...

NeilPatrickBanana
12-17-2012, 10:20 AM
He looked like a rookie coming off IR

elephantman
12-17-2012, 10:21 AM

lets not start calling a rookie playin in 1st game after bending his knee the wrong way in pre-season a bust just yet, not that anyone has

LatrobePA
12-17-2012, 10:27 AM
lets not start calling a rookie playin in 1st game after bending his knee the wrong way in pre-season a bust just yet, not that anyone has

Does your fn eyes not work?? Where in the F did I call him a bust?? Don't come out here trying to start ****! That's not what I fn said!!!

coldrolled
12-17-2012, 10:45 AM
Does your fn eyes not work?? Where in the F did I call him a bust?? Don't come out here trying to start ****! That's not what I fn said!!!

Theres a few folks on the board that dont read well.. limited comprehension..

Our defense is a BUST..... No OLB sacks... The DB's can only cover so long either rookie or veteran..
Does someone have a list of sack leaders?
Does someone have a list of sack leader salaries... you'll see our problem...

coldrolled
12-17-2012, 10:46 AM

Our defense is a BUST..... No OLB sacks... The DB's can only cover so long either rookie or veteran..

LatrobePA
12-17-2012, 10:48 AM

The injuries have killed this team! I still don't get why we didn't play more bump coverage?? Could they not see romo attacking the soft coverage all day??

Zachintosh66
12-17-2012, 12:08 PM
both him and Beachum looked OK not good, not horrid... they will be fine in time

DD did get mixed up where Ben got nailed. Beachum got pancaked and Ben got nailed. The end of the game Dallas had back-to-back sacks from that side. Dont remember the replay on those to know how those happened...

steelchamp204
12-17-2012, 12:41 PM
Pouncey hasnt been himself all season either. How many ****** snaps where there lastnight Ben had to go to his ankles to get?

FlatsSteeler
12-17-2012, 12:55 PM
As for DD he had a decent game other thanh the missed block on the DL when he picked up the Blitzing LBer.........I have said it for the past 2 seasons Pouncey is the most overrated player on the Steeler Roster he is either always hurt and his snaps are all over the place.... followed by Woodley.......

JenZwain
12-17-2012, 02:13 PM
He wasnt the reason we lost, put it that way. He make a few mistakes, but for the most part held his own.

Pouncey? WTF is wrong with him and his bad snaps? Some Centers dont have a bad snap all season and he has 1 or 2 every game.

KemoTherapy
12-17-2012, 04:02 PM
At least he didn't get hurt ,which is my big concern with him not being in game shape.

steelchamp204
12-17-2012, 06:09 PM
If this line is not better next year with 3 number 1 picks (Adams was basically a #1 pick) then I dont know what the **** to think.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-17-2012, 06:36 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one down on Pouncey.......As it was pointed his snaps have been **** lately but I do think Maurkice needs to spend more time in the weight room and add 15-20 pounds heading into next season........In my opinion Pouncey is to to light.......

ChucktownSteeler
12-17-2012, 09:58 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one down on Pouncey.......As it was pointed his snaps have been **** lately but I do think Maurkice needs to spend more time in the weight room and add 15-20 pounds heading into next season........In my opinion Pouncey is to to light.......

Agreed.

steelcityrockers
12-18-2012, 12:20 PM
The injuries have killed this team! I still don't get why we didn't play more bump coverage?? Could they not see romo attacking the soft coverage all day??

Call it a hunch, but it was probably down to the fact that Josh Victorian and Curtis Brown were the two outside corners with Robert Golden playing slot. You have to adjust to what they are best in, considering the limitations of that particular lineup.

Big T
12-20-2012, 11:17 PM
He played subpar!

First Glimpse at DeCastro

"It’s been a long time coming, but we finally got a good look at one of the most hyped guard prospects in years. David DeCastro played all 62 snaps for the Steelers in this game and played well for the most part. Though he did give up a sack, it was the lone play of pressure all game, despite 45 snaps in pass protection. He formed a formidable pairing with C Maurkice Pouncey as the center gave up just a lone hurry all game. The pair was also impressive run blocking, getting to the second level and moving players away from the point of attack, generating some creases for the Steelers running backs."

Sounds like anything but "subpar" for any O lineman, let alone a rookie making his first career start after pretty significant knee surgery.

LatrobePA
12-20-2012, 11:31 PM
Subpar for me.. So let me get this right, it took you almost an fn week and 20 plus threads and hundreds of posts just to fn quote me? Man I wish I had your time!

Goodfrom55
12-20-2012, 11:37 PM
Guess we'll see what happens next season when the Steelers have their new O-line coach and how he works with these guys.

Big T
12-20-2012, 11:38 PM
Subpar for me.. So let me get this right, it took you almost an fn week and 20 plus threads and hundreds of posts just to fn quote me? Man I wish I has your time!

Lol stop taking things so personally. I haven't been on much at all this week before today. I was catching up on some threads and happen to remember seeing this little excerpt from an article.

And yes, just finished finals today (hence me not being on all week. Finals week as a biology/pre-med major isn't much fun lol), so yes I have some time on my hands.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-21-2012, 12:13 AM
First Glimpse at DeCastro

"It’s been a long time coming, but we finally got a good look at one of the most hyped guard prospects in years. David DeCastro played all 62 snaps for the Steelers in this game and played well for the most part. Though he did give up a sack, it was the lone play of pressure all game, despite 45 snaps in pass protection. He formed a formidable pairing with C Maurkice Pouncey as the center gave up just a lone hurry all game. The pair was also impressive run blocking, getting to the second level and moving players away from the point of attack, generating some creases for the Steelers running backs."

Sounds like anything but "subpar" for any O lineman, let alone a rookie making his first career start after pretty significant knee surgery.

I thought DeCastro was pretty solid overall especially considering coming back from knee surgery..........If the Steelers OL stays healthy next year then I think the Steelers could have the makings of a pretty special OL next year.....I hope Starks is brought back to be the vet LT and his leadership is huge for the OL....Nobody talks about how good Starks has been the past two years.........DeCastro and Adams are the keys though so I want to see those kids beast next year.......Marcus Gilbert should be in the mix as well and some think he could play OG.....I don't know if Foster will be back next year...Hopefully Willie Colon isn't back....

Big T
12-21-2012, 12:25 AM
Max Starks has been as good as he's ever been this season. You almost forget about him because all we've talked about is the injuries, Pouncey's snap issues the last few games, the rookie tackles, DeCastro coming back, Colon being the most hot and cold guard ever... You just don't hear anything about him since he's been healthy and has rarely gotten beaten. He's playing extremely well.

Clevelandsux
12-21-2012, 12:38 AM
reason steelers had no penalties sunday because colon didnt play. decastro has been out and hes a rookie, so hard to expect a whole lot.

Nolrog
12-21-2012, 08:19 PM
both him and Beachum looked OK not good, not horrid... they will be fine in time

I'm actually very optimistic about Beachum. He was a good find.

K Train
12-21-2012, 08:30 PM
he looked great starting out the game, hes only gonna get better and better conditioned

LatrobePA
12-21-2012, 11:22 PM
When I said subpar, he held his own. He wasn't terrible, I think he started very well but by the end he was whiffing a bit. I'm sure it's because of just not being in the best game shape yet!

Big T
12-22-2012, 05:14 AM
He'll have a major test Sunday when he'll see a lot of Geno Atkins. It's unrealistic to expect DeCastro to him in check the entire game, but it's obviously gonna be interesting to see how he holds up against the best DT in the NFL.