PDA

View Full Version : Despite this terrible loss today the Steelers can still win the AFC North...

Troyisabeast_43
12-16-2012, 10:45 PM
If they win out and beat both the Bengals and Browns at home the next 2 weeks and the Ravens who are now on an absolute free fall lose their last 2 games with the Giants and at Cincy. If this happens the Steelers ,Ravens and Bengals all finish at 9-7 and if that happens the Steelers would win the AFC North in that scenario due to PIT winning the 3-way h2h tiebreaker with PIT 3-1, BAL 2-2, and CIN 1-3 which is the record for each team against one another within the division. That is the next tiebraker that is broken within the division since both the Steelers and Ravens division record would both be 4-2. As for the wildcard spot I think the only way the Steelers will not in the playoffs if they finish at 9-7 is if the Colts lose out and finish 9-7 and the Jets win out and finish 9-7. So a Jets loss tomorrow in Tennessee will put them at 8 losses which would completely eliminate that 3 way tie scenario from happening with the Colts and the Jets. The bottom line is if the Steelers win their last 2 games despite this dissapointing loss tonight they will be in the playoffs as a wildcard at the very least. With that being said, next weeks game against the Bengals for the Steelers is now a do or die situation. If the Steelers do not win that game they will drop to 7-8 and they will be eliminated from making the playoffs it would not be possible. Ill say this Mike Tomlin had better win that game next week against the Bengals here at home with so much on the line.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-16-2012, 10:48 PM
honestly this team is done man.......I just can't see them winning their last two......not at this point.......They're one inconsistent and beat up football team.......

LatrobePA
12-16-2012, 10:58 PM
Lmfao! No way another thread! This team doesn't belong in the playoffs or div champs! Give it a rest!

Troyisabeast_43
12-16-2012, 11:02 PM
We will see how it plays out man. I know it's frustrating as hell but if Brown doesnt fumble the ball in the 4th the Steelers win this game today. I still believe the Steelers will win their last 2 at home against the Bengals and Browns and get in and at that point everybody starts over at 0-0. This one against the Cowboys is going to sting for another day or so but the bottom line is we as Steelers fans have to forget about it now and move on and look forward too and ahead to next weekend with the Bengals. A week from tonight I got a feeling things will change a great deal and we will still be talking about this team having a chance to win this division if the Ravens lose in Cincy the last Sunday of the season because I believe strongly that the Ravens will lose to the Giants in Baltimore next Sunday and this is going to come down to the final week of the season...

steelchamp204
12-16-2012, 11:03 PM
I have faith, but then, I dont have faith. This team has played to many games laxed.

NYCsteelersfan
12-16-2012, 11:04 PM
Give it up man. You don't want to see them get dismantled in the playoffs. The only way we'll get significant change one way or another is if this team misses the playoffs a couple times.

Troyisabeast_43
12-16-2012, 11:04 PM
Lmfao! No way another thread! This team doesn't belong in the playoffs or div champs! Give it a rest!

Well then who does in this division if the Steelers dont?? Im sorry the Ravens and the Bengals dont scare me and they dont impress me at all. I still think overall as a whole the Steelers are the best overall team in the division and they will prove that they are better then Cincy next week and they will beat them here at home...

steelchamp204
12-16-2012, 11:05 PM
We dont deserve to anyway, we had a chance last week, lost. Chance this week and the steelers even knowing before the game, lost.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-16-2012, 11:05 PM
We will see how it plays out man. I know it's frustrating as hell but if Brown doesnt fumble the ball in the 4th the Steelers win this game today. I still believe the Steelers will win their last 2 at home against the Bengals and Browns and get in and at that point everybody starts over at 0-0. This one against the Cowboys is going to sting for another day or so but the bottom line is we as Steelers fans have to forget about it now and move on and look forward too and ahead to next weekend with the Bengals. A week from tonight I got a feeling things will change a great deal and we will still be talking about this team having a chance to win this division if the Ravens lose in Cincy the last Sunday of the season because I believe strongly that the Ravens will lose to the Giants in Baltimore next Sunday and this is going to come down to the final week of the season...

I know man...But that is the thing what makes it so frustrating its the same mistakes happening over and over......Wallace, Brown, Sanders....OH MY!!!!!!!!!!!!! They all make mistakes week in and week out......I really question the mental toughness of this football team...Looks like Ben's speech to them didn't work....

LatrobePA
12-16-2012, 11:06 PM
At this point Cincy deserves to win the div. and advance to the playoffs. This team is just awful, the injuries have left us very uncompetitive!

Troyisabeast_43
12-16-2012, 11:07 PM
Give it up man. You don't want to see them get dismantled in the playoffs. The only way we'll get significant change one way or another is if this team misses the playoffs a couple times.Nobody is going to dismantle the Steelers if they get in the playoffs. I think the Steelers are capable of playing with any team in the playoffs in the AFC. All you gotta do is get in and until they tell us we are eliminated I am not giving **** up. Everybody on this board will change their tune in a heartbeat next Sunday if the Steelers beat the Bengals...

steelspikes
12-16-2012, 11:09 PM
We will see how it plays out man. I know it's frustrating as hell but if Brown doesnt fumble the ball in the 4th the Steelers win this game today. I still believe the Steelers will win their last 2 at home against the Bengals and Browns and get in and at that point everybody starts over at 0-0. This one against the Cowboys is going to sting for another day or so but the bottom line is we as Steelers fans have to forget about it now and move on and look forward too and ahead to next weekend with the Bengals. A week from tonight I got a feeling things will change a great deal and we will still be talking about this team having a chance to win this division if the Ravens lose in Cincy the last Sunday of the season because I believe strongly that the Ravens will lose to the Giants in Baltimore next Sunday and this is going to come down to the final week of the season... Appreciate your optimism. The Steelers winning the Div. is not that far fetched, given the Ratbirds recent collapse. Too many are throwing in the towel.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-16-2012, 11:11 PM
Appreciate your optimism. The Steelers winning the Div. is not that far fetched, given the Ratbirds recent collapse.

The Ravens collapsing is not far fetched....Bu the Steelers are also collapsing......

NYCsteelersfan
12-16-2012, 11:11 PM
Nobody is going to dismantle the Steelers if they get in the playoffs. I think the Steelers are capable of playing with any team in the playoffs in the AFC. All you gotta do is get in and until they tell us we are eliminated I am not giving **** up. Everybody on this board will change their tune in a heartbeat next Sunday if the Steelers beat the Bengals...

I guess you missed the Broncos playoff game last year.

Troyisabeast_43
12-16-2012, 11:13 PM
At this point Cincy deserves to win the div. and advance to the playoffs. This team is just awful, the injuries have left us very uncompetitive!How were the Steelers uncompetitive today they lost in OT for crying out loud and battled back once from being down 10 points and another time being down 7 points. This team is one win away against the Bengals at home next weekend to turning this entire thing around and having a chance to not only get in but still win the North. Trust me a week from tonight and you can call me out on this next week if you want if I am wrong but I strongly feel we will be singing a whole different tune a week from tonight. The Steelers will beat the Bengals hold me to it...

LatrobePA
12-16-2012, 11:15 PM
The secondary is a mess! Who would we face in the playoffs? Manning, Brady, Houston?? Why delay the inevitable!

Black@Gold Forever32
12-16-2012, 11:17 PM
How were the Steelers uncompetitive today they lost in OT for crying out loud and battled back once from being down 10 points and another time being down 7 points. This team is one win away against the Bengals at home next weekend to turning this entire thing around and having a chance to not only get in but still win the North. Trust me a week from tonight and you can call me out on this next week if you want if I am wrong but I strongly feel we will be singing a whole different tune a week from tonight. The Steelers will beat the Bengals hold me to it...

I would never call you out...Your entitled to your opinions but I want this team to show me something before I think they're making the play-offs.....I thought the win in Baltimore with Batch was it but its back to more inconsistent crap.....

floodcitygirl
12-16-2012, 11:17 PM
At this point Cincy deserves to win the div. and advance to the playoffs. This team is just awful, the injuries have left us very uncompetitive!BS! Have you seen the bungholes play and the comedy of errors that is their team???? They deserve nothing. The browns have played harder.

LatrobePA
12-16-2012, 11:20 PM
BS! Have you seen the bungholes play and the comedy of errors that is their team???? They deserve nothing. The browns have played harder.

Lol they only beat the teams we lose to, sure they've done nothing! They get at the QB and have one of the best WR's in the league!

Black@Gold Forever32
12-16-2012, 11:22 PM
BS! Have you seen the bungholes play and the comedy of errors that is their team???? They deserve nothing. The browns have played harder.

Have you seen the comedy of errors by our own Steelers this year?.........Its the same crap week in and week out with this team...

floodcitygirl
12-16-2012, 11:30 PM
Lol they only beat the teams we lose to, sure they've done nothing! They get at the QB and have one of the best WR's in the league!Do you know who they are? Seriously, consistantly, year after year...I know everyone is pissed after this loss but to say the bungholes DESERVE to win???? They always find a way to lose in the end. Their QB sucks...even amonst Cincy standards, their coaching sucks and their ownsership is amonst the worst in the sport. Don't even get me started on thier fans. Like I said.....Cleveland has played harder.

LevonKirkland99
12-16-2012, 11:31 PM
This team is DONE. No more scenarios and what ids because like most people said already, too many mistakes every single week. I don't want to go to the playiffs and get embarrassed. Like I said last week, looking forward to the draft.....this team is a joke.

LatrobePA
12-16-2012, 11:35 PM
Do you know who they are? Seriously, consistantly, year after year...I know everyone is pissed after this loss but to say the bungholes DESERVE to win???? They always find a way to lose in the end. Their QB sucks...even amonst Cincy standards, their coaching sucks and their ownsership is amonst the worst in the sport. Don't even get me started on thier fans. Like I said.....Cleveland has played harder.

I stand by it! Cinci is playing the most consistent right now! Browns had their fun, ravens are an absolute joke, the steelers are a wet napkin with all the injuries. Just because you hate the bengals shouldn't make you blind to the facts. Sorry they are the better AFCN team!

floodcitygirl
12-16-2012, 11:36 PM
Have you seen the comedy of errors by our own Steelers this year?.........Its the same crap week in and week out with this team...No. I see it as different crap. I'm not happy about it. But I won't say the bungholes DESERVE to win. If they pull thru, they stumbled into it and we didn't earn it.

Troyisabeast_43
12-16-2012, 11:48 PM
There will be no excuse for the Steelers to lose both of these games or even one of these games at home to either the Bengals or the Browns with so much on the line. If that indeed does happen the amount of heat on Mike Tomlin is going to be unbelievable. These mental lapses week in and week out are on Tomlin because he does not correct them because they keep happening. With that being said, I cannot believe that the Steelers will not come out next Sunday in front of the fans at Heinz Field in what will essentially be a playoff game and not be ready to play and be flat. The Steelers that showed up in the game against the Chargers at home last weekend will not show up next week. There is going to be a completely different atmosphere and feeling of total desperation next Sunday. I think the crowd will be a big part of this game and I expect it to be loud as hell from start to finish. Mike Tomlin had better realize right now starting tonight that next week is do or die. If you lose you are officially eliminated and have no shot at the playoffs, and if you win you can still not only get a wildcard spot but potentially the division too depending on what the Ravens do next week with the Giants...

Clevelandsux
12-16-2012, 11:50 PM
i just hope they beat the browns on the final game. losing to them twice would add insult to injury. This is not a playoff team. Theyve had enough time to redeem themselves. They are what they are. A mediocre football team.

Vincent
12-17-2012, 12:18 AM
If we end with the same overall and divisional record as Baltimore, and split both our 2 games then what is the tie-breaker to determine who wins the division ?

v

Black@Gold Forever32
12-17-2012, 12:59 AM
If we end with the same overall and divisional record as Baltimore, and split both our 2 games then what is the tie-breaker to determine who wins the division ?

v

common games would come into play I think.....

Crowned
12-17-2012, 01:32 AM
If anything Steelers will grab the 6th seed and be heading to New England.

Crash
12-17-2012, 02:32 AM
All three at 9-7 becomes h2h against each other.

Baltimore would be 2-2. Cincy would be 1-3, Steelers would be 3-1.

Steelers would win the North.

Vincent
12-17-2012, 10:21 AM
All three at 9-7 becomes h2h against each other.

Baltimore would be 2-2. Cincy would be 1-3, Steelers would be 3-1.

Steelers would win the North.

Ah, ok

Thanks !

v

Real Deal Steel
12-17-2012, 10:51 AM
Ravens clinched the division with the Steelers loss. That's what ESPN has said. This thread is irrelevant.

Zachintosh66
12-17-2012, 10:56 AM
If they win out and beat both the Bengals and Browns at home the next 2 weeks and the Ravens who are now on an absolute free fall lose their last 2 games with the Giants and at Cincy. If this happens the Steelers ,Ravens and Bengals all finish at 9-7 and if that happens the Steelers would win the AFC North in that scenario due to PIT winning the 3-way h2h tiebreaker with PIT 3-1, BAL 2-2, and CIN 1-3 which is the record for each team against one another within the division. That is the next tiebraker that is broken within the division since both the Steelers and Ravens division record would both be 4-2. As for the wildcard spot I think the only way the Steelers will not in the playoffs if they finish at 9-7 is if the Colts lose out and finish 9-7 and the Jets win out and finish 9-7. So a Jets loss tomorrow in Tennessee will put them at 8 losses which would completely eliminate that 3 way tie scenario from happening with the Colts and the Jets. The bottom line is if the Steelers win their last 2 games despite this dissapointing loss tonight they will be in the playoffs as a wildcard at the very least. With that being said, next weeks game against the Bengals for the Steelers is now a do or die situation. If the Steelers do not win that game they will drop to 7-8 and they will be eliminated from making the playoffs it would not be possible. Ill say this Mike Tomlin had better win that game next week against the Bengals here at home with so much on the line.

ah give it a rest... your optimism is killing me :)

Steel Trap86
12-17-2012, 12:59 PM
I dont think it's that far fetched at all, even if they dont win the division. The Steelers will win out the remaining two games and get in the playoffs. How far they go is beyond me. This team for some reason makes ****** teams and players look like all stars. Everybody gets their first sack or their first win or their first LEAD in the reg season against the Steelers. But still, we were able to beat quality opponents like the Giants (even though they got Slaughtered yesterday) and then lose to the Browns. We have always played down to our competition and I don't know how Tomlin hasn't been able to coach that up these last 4 years. If we get in the playoffs, which we still should, trust me this team won't be as easy to dismantle as some think.

Big T
12-17-2012, 01:04 PM
Ravens clinched the division with the Steelers loss. That's what ESPN has said. This thread is irrelevant.

The Ravens clinched a playoff spot with our loss. Not the division.

steelspikes
12-17-2012, 02:05 PM
If we end with the same overall and divisional record as Baltimore, and split both our 2 games then what the tie-breaker to determine who wins the division ?
Since
v Since Bal. plays Cincy after us, only tie scenario involving us is a 3-way tie. And Steelers would have the best record (3-1) among play between these 3 teams, and we'd win the Div. Go to ESPN
Playoff Machine to verify.

steelspikes
12-17-2012, 02:06 PM
The Ravens clinched a playoff spot with our loss. Not the division.
Thankyou.

Real Deal Steel
12-17-2012, 04:02 PM
Doesn't matter. Our team is crap. So says the Young Money crew. :rolleyes:

Vincent
12-17-2012, 05:45 PM

so are you

v

Goodfrom55
12-17-2012, 06:15 PM
Does this mean that all of you who have mailed this season in aren't going to watch the final 2 games? Nor trying to start anything but we all know they can make a run. I am not giving up on this team until they are dead (playoff wise). Last year, the Giants were 7-7 before they made their run.

Like I said in another post, if the Steelers get their act togethe, beat Cincy and Cle, they are a team no one would want to play.

Clevelandsux
12-17-2012, 06:22 PM
only two more regular season games, might as well watch them.

coldrolled
12-17-2012, 08:23 PM
Like I said in another post, if the Steelers get their act togethe, beat Cincy and Cle, they are a team no one would want to play.

If everyone is healthy they have a chance... who will be back in three weeks?

We keep losing players.

Who will the DB's be against Cinci?

Goodfrom55
12-17-2012, 08:45 PM
I doubt Ike will be back, but hopefully C.Allen will be. Willie Colon could play a better CB than Victorian or Golden (yes I know he is a safety).

Steelers beter jump out early and put the pedal to the medal. If they fall behind by more than 10 points, they;re in trouble.

And for the love of God, HOLD ONTO THE BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Troyisabeast_43
12-17-2012, 09:37 PM
Here is the how the Steelers can get in the playoffs the last 2 weeks...

The Steelers still need a little help even if they win out. PIT needs to win out and need any one of the following

1. BAL loses out or

2. One NYJ loss/tie, or

3. One IND win/tie

Scenario #1 would give PIT the AFC North. With Scenarios 2 or 3, you need to eliminate a 3-way 9-7 tie between PIT, NYJ, and IND. In that 3-way 9-7 tie for the 2 wild card spots, NYJ wins the 3-way tiebreaker due to better conference record and get the 5 seed. For the #6 seed, it would come down to a SoV tiebreaker between IND and PIT, where IND could potentially win the SoV tiebreaker. If the Jets lose to the Titans tonight which they currently are at the moment it would eliminate scenario 2 and 3 both and the Steelers would simply need to win both games at home against the Bengals and Browns and would at the very least get a wildcard spot.

Troyisabeast_43
12-17-2012, 09:37 PM
Here is the how the Steelers can get in the playoffs the last 2 weeks...

The Steelers still need a little help even if they win out. PIT needs to win out and need any one of the following

1. BAL loses out or

2. One NYJ loss/tie, or

3. One IND win/tie

Scenario #1 would give PIT the AFC North. With Scenarios 2 or 3, you need to eliminate a 3-way 9-7 tie between PIT, NYJ, and IND. In that 3-way 9-7 tie for the 2 wild card spots, NYJ wins the 3-way tiebreaker due to better conference record and get the 5 seed. For the #6 seed, it would come down to a SoV tiebreaker between IND and PIT, where IND could potentially win the SoV tiebreaker. If the Jets lose to the Titans tonight which they currently are at the moment it would eliminate scenario 2 and 3 both and the Steelers would simply need to win both games at home against the Bengals and Browns and would at the very least get a wildcard spot.

Clevelandsux
12-17-2012, 09:51 PM
just win baby!

Goodfrom55
12-17-2012, 10:53 PM
Steelers win out, and they're in. They own the tiebreaker over Cincy and the Jets based on head to head results. Where did you get these scenerios from?

Real Deal Steel
12-18-2012, 01:22 AM
They don't need to be in the playoffs.

Clevelandsux
12-18-2012, 01:25 AM
jets are officially done