PDA

View Full Version : Ben is not too blame. TACKLING and WR's are!

Zachintosh66
12-16-2012, 11:08 PM
Yes, Ben made a mistake in OT when all the chips were on the table. But today is not his fault.

WRs who cant catch OR hold onto the ball and terrible tackling are to blame. Plain and simple...

Sketchy CB's... Suspect/Inexperienced OL helped also.

DL is still terrible. Maybe we should concentrate on DB depth who can play defense rather than only STs. Troy is a shell of his former self...

SnakeEyes43
12-16-2012, 11:17 PM
Troy and Woodley are both just bodies out there right now.
I was hoping DeCastro would give the line a boost, but he added nothing really.
DB's are simply below average talent outside of Lewis, Ike, Allen. Not much depth.
WTF is up with Butler, is he an NFL punter? So many chances to pin them deep.
Haley's play-calling was infuriating at times.
Turnovers again were huge game changers that killed momentum.
The last play was a bad read, and great play by the defender. Ben was the reason we were even in this game. We had ZERO run game besides one play from Redman, in which he got hurt (that's just the way this year has gone).
Harrison and Timmons had solid games overall. I hardly saw Clark at all. Was he dropping back deep a lot?
Just a few off the top. I'm p*ssed and tired. In that order, night guys.

LatrobePA
12-16-2012, 11:19 PM
I agree but the last play of the game being a game losing pick just sticks in the brain!

Clevelandsux
12-16-2012, 11:21 PM
wallace ran a crap route too.

ChucktownSteeler
12-16-2012, 11:26 PM
We need a running game.

teeceemadison
12-16-2012, 11:49 PM
i think i saw maybe five times where troy was actually position up at the line and he made plays, and was involved....the rest of the game he was assigned deep coverage...what do you expect him to do when the entire cowboys offense was down and outs targeting victoria???

LatrobePA
12-16-2012, 11:56 PM
We're a better team with out Troy, stats don't lie!

teeceemadison
12-17-2012, 12:09 AM
We're a better team with out Troy, stats don't lie!

we've lost three of our last four, troy barely played last week and had his first full start this week, i believe...

what stat are your referring to?

BlitzburghRockCity
12-17-2012, 12:11 AM
I disagree to an extent, I will say that Ben is not the only reason they lost today but he was part of it and not just for the interception. Did you see all those low passes and high passes today? He was dumping balls at the receivers feet too often.

Agree that young money was a joke today and this team can't tackle worth a ****.

LatrobePA
12-17-2012, 12:12 AM
we've lost three of our last four, troy barely played last week and had his first full start this week, i believe...

what stat are your referring to?

Points allowed... We allow less with out him... He offered no help today!

Omicron
12-17-2012, 12:30 AM
Maybe we should just sit all wr's and just let Jerricho and Plaxico play. 2 TE, 2 wr, QB and RB.

Omicron
12-17-2012, 12:32 AM
I disagree to an extent, I will say that Ben is not the only reason they lost today but he was part of it and not just for the interception. Did you see all those low passes and high passes today? He was dumping balls at the receivers feet too often.
Yep, and I am wondering if it is lingering from the injury and rotation/velocity is not where it should be on those pass types. Front line is ok, but all of the others looked off kilter.

City of Champyinz
12-17-2012, 12:53 AM
Maybe we should just sit all wr's and just let Jerricho and Plaxico play. 2 TE, 2 wr, QB and RB.

Something needs to be done. These young WRs arent reliable. Its only a matter of time before one of them f***s up. Whether it be a fumble, dropped pass etc. Tomlin has to be fuming right now.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

scott0326
12-17-2012, 05:11 AM
These injuries in the secondary are hurting this team a lot too... Josh Victorian or whatever sucks and Robert Golden is also garbage.

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-17-2012, 09:54 AM
We are playing our 5-6 string CBs and you wonder where Troy and Clark are?? I'd be willing to bet they were back in coverage. Decastro and Beachum are basically making their first start in the NFL and you wonder why running game and pass protection are not top notch? The WR not holding onto or catching the ball is happening way to often. Ben's loss of accuracy maybe from the shoulder but ain't nobody going to admit that right now. The tackling was flat out horrible, Victorian showed why he wasn't on a NFL roster with his lack of effort to wrap people up,but he was not the only one guilty of that.

Goodfrom55
12-17-2012, 10:33 AM
wallace ran a crap route too.

Very similar to the one Burress ran in Cleveland when Batch was picked on the out route. never drove the defender off, just just kind of curled off and never came back for the ball. Defender made a great play, but Wallace did run a bad route.

Just not sure why the Steelers abadoned the run - this team has to be balanced for them to win games.

teeceemadison
12-17-2012, 10:35 AM
We are playing our 5-6 string CBs and you wonder where Troy and Clark are?? I'd be willing to bet they were back in coverage. Decastro and Beachum are basically making their first start in the NFL and you wonder why running game and pass protection are not top notch? The WR not holding onto or catching the ball is happening way to often. Ben's loss of accuracy maybe from the shoulder but ain't nobody going to admit that right now. The tackling was flat out horrible, Victorian showed why he wasn't on a NFL roster with his lack of effort to wrap people up,but he was not the only one guilty of that.

on the money on this one.

coldrolled
12-17-2012, 10:41 AM
These injuries in the secondary are hurting this team a lot too... Josh Victorian or whatever sucks and Robert Golden is also garbage.

Our DB's are assigned to bend not break right? So.. If they dont try to get a few INT's and instead they do the usual and let them catch but then miss the tackle, then it looks really bad. the young guys played, they did good. we almost won.

Zachintosh66
12-17-2012, 11:32 AM

Agree that young money was a joke today and this team can't tackle worth a ****.

Ben single handedly kept us in this game. Otherwise we would have been blown out.

Zachintosh66
12-17-2012, 11:41 AM
Golden was horrible... but its your 4th/5th Saftey in playing Man coverage @ CB. Thats not a good recipe for anyone...

Josh Victorain didnt actually play that terribly for a guy that wasnt in the NFL a few weeks ago. Did we really expect a guy off the street to come in and not get picked on. I expected a long day with him but still again not a recipe anyone wants...

Injuries more than any other thing this year has been our achillies heel. But this is football and you will have to play hurt and/or injured, therefore you need to have the depth to be able to compete. That is where the FO/Coaches has dropped the ball...

Steel Trap86
12-17-2012, 02:04 PM
I counted 7 missed tackles on that 2nd and 23 play during the cowboys game tying drive. Nobody wants to make a tackle, we looked like the current Eagles defense out there

Steveo
12-17-2012, 03:11 PM
The turn over by special teams when we were in the lead and taking all the momentum is what cost us this game. Ball security has been a big problem for this team all year.

Goodfrom55
12-17-2012, 04:53 PM
The turn over by special teams when we were in the lead and taking all the momentum is what cost us this game. Ball security has been a big problem for this team all year.

Agreed. That killed any momentum the Steelers had. Even if they don't score, they at the very least change field position, run time off the clock and who knows.

coldrolled
12-17-2012, 07:37 PM

Blitz we lost every game this year because your name Blitzburgh is now extinct in Pittsburgh....
If DL stays and we dont fix Blitzburgh we are doomed for failure.