PDA

View Full Version : Horrid Tackling

Speeed
12-16-2012, 08:32 PM
I thought my head was going to explode watching the Steelers trying to tackle. The yards after catch and contact are what kept Dallas in the game. Troy easily missed three tackles. Totally whiffed. Victorian was schooled. Not his fault, he did the best he could, but Troy? Man. Dallas was getting yards left and right. Every single play.

Tackling is one of the issues I think they need to work on that. Troy needs a refresher, for sure

papabaier
12-16-2012, 09:18 PM
Troy is not helping the team at all He sucks in coverage, and has not made a big play since returning. Woodley was useless in game today. The tackling was the worst I've ever seen out of the Steelers, and 'Ive been watching them since 69. Too slow to start on both sides of the ball, and way too conservative until they are behind. Start fining the players that are dropping passes and fumbling away the season.

Clevelandsux
12-16-2012, 09:21 PM
victorian was horrible. who was this golden. my fear our secondary was too depleted.

SnakeEyes43
12-16-2012, 09:40 PM
Secondary injuries were a huge issue, but the Cowgirls had them too. Injuries were big for both teams.

Speeed
12-16-2012, 10:04 PM
I saw two plays in particular with Troy:

The first was a sideline tackle. Troy went in for a tackle, arms spread, moving forward, head down - totally missed. I don't even think the guy saw him.

The second one was worse. He actually jumped in the air and flew right over the runner. Yes, he jumped right over top. Poor technique.

SteelerCountry58
12-16-2012, 10:10 PM
The tackling was pretty bad but Troy was real bad. He looked like a stuntman diving
thru windows and landing on a air bag. Pathetic. He needs to step the F up and make
plays or get the F off the damn field. Where is the blitz and ball hawking? Where is the
timely turnover or interception? I love the dude but seriously? BNG Forever should have
alot to say on this one. LOL:stirpot:

sdurity
12-16-2012, 10:24 PM
We were missing Ike Taylor big time. Dude is a shutdown corner and wicked tackler. He has had a few bad games, but you can really tell when he isn't playing.

Clevelandsux
12-16-2012, 10:31 PM
Golden and Victorian? Never even heard of these guys.

Speeed
12-16-2012, 10:36 PM
Funny you said that. I made the stuntman comment to my wife. The airbag comment was funny, I will have to relay that to her.

The tackling was pretty bad but Troy was real bad. He looked like a stuntman diving
thru windows and landing on a air bag. Pathetic. He needs to step the F up and make
plays or get the F off the damn field. Where is the blitz and ball hawking? Where is the
timely turnover or interception? I love the dude but seriously? BNG Forever should have
alot to say on this one. LOL:stirpot:

teeceemadison
12-16-2012, 10:45 PM
you folks realize troy was put in deep coverage by lebeau the whole game to possibly help out the backup cornerbacks.....so, kinda hard to ballhawk at the line when that isnt your assignment....

the missed tackles...yup, came up short on a couple, but i guess running fifty yards across the field from his deep position tend to make things a bit dicey when trying to catchup to the ballcarrier who had cleared the first wave of missed tackles.....

Speeed
12-17-2012, 08:08 AM
Which tells me he is being positioned incorrectly or misreading plays.

you folks realize troy was put in deep coverage by lebeau the whole game to possibly help out the backup cornerbacks.....so, kinda hard to ballhawk at the line when that isnt your assignment....

the missed tackles...yup, came up short on a couple, but i guess running fifty yards across the field from his deep position tend to make things a bit dicey when trying to catchup to the ballcarrier who had cleared the first wave of missed tackles.....

teeceemadison
12-17-2012, 08:14 AM
Which tells me he is being positioned incorrectly or misreading plays. he is being positioned incorrectly.

when he played up at the line the handful of times i noticed, he was fine, making plays, etc.....the other hand full of times i saw him make tackles was when our moron backup cb's missed tackles or didnt wrap up, troy was there to clean up best he could.....

if our cb's were not so battered, lebeau wouldnt have had troy playing back in the next zip code... i saw one shot of dallas on offense, the camera shot behind tony romo, and you could just make out Troy on the horizon, he was a blip on the screen deep deep middle...

cant be much of an impact player that way.

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-17-2012, 09:02 AM
if our cb's were not so battered, lebeau wouldnt have had troy playing back in the next zip code... i saw one shot of dallas on offense, the camera shot behind tony romo, and you could just make out Troy on the horizon, he was a blip on the screen deep deep middle...

cant be much of an impact player that way.

A voice of reason ...

Goodfrom55
12-17-2012, 09:30 AM
Between the grabbing vs body tackling and the over pursuit of defenders yesterday, very frustrating to watch. The secondary was a who's who of nobodys. When you're down to Golden, DVD, Victorian, and Brown, you're in some deep do-do defensively. Troy can't freelance becuase of the lack of talent in the secondary yesterday.

Well, apparently the playoff start Sunday vs Cincy. Question is which Steelers tem is going to show up?