PDA

View Full Version : post game ben interview, ben knocok the play calling....

teeceemadison
12-16-2012, 08:25 PM
catching the post game show with pompieni, on the cw....they cut to jory rand and he noted ben THREE TIMES, didnt like the play calling...

i agree...this shitt has been pathetic...

LatrobePA
12-16-2012, 08:26 PM
I didn't either! F TH!!!

steelchamp204
12-16-2012, 08:28 PM
What did tee say, is he drunk? lol

Real Deal Steel
12-16-2012, 08:29 PM
There is a grain of truth here. Haley needs to play to the strengths of the personnel of this team. Haley has taken away quiet a bit of the aggressiveness of the offense. I appreciate him wanting to get the ball out of Ben's hands to minimize injury. But...he has to walk the fine line of not taking away the explosiveness and aggressiveness too. It's a tough line to walk. Hopefully next season he'll do a better job of it.

steelchamp204
12-16-2012, 08:34 PM
You guys think Wallace could have had a more productive year under BA still?? I think Haley has hindered Wallace a tad bit. Please, I am not starting a Wallace debate here. Just a simple question.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-16-2012, 08:36 PM
There is a grain of truth here. Haley needs to play to the strengths of the personnel of this team. Haley has taken away quiet a bit of the aggressiveness of the offense. I appreciate him wanting to get the ball out of Ben's hands to minimize injury. But...he has to walk the fine line of not taking away the explosiveness and aggressiveness too. It's a tough line to walk. Hopefully next season he'll do a better job of it.

Thank you Real Deal....This is my biggest complaint about the Haley offense....Just look after the Steelers tied the game and Brown gave them the short field with a nice return...Haley comes out run, run, then a bad pass by Ben on 3rd down.....Haley should have attacked the defense there with such nice field position......

Black@Gold Forever32
12-16-2012, 08:36 PM
You guys think Wallace could have had a more productive year under BA still?? I think Haley has hindered Wallace a tad bit. Please, I am not starting a Wallace debate here. Just a simple question.

Yes I agree.....

NYCsteelersfan
12-16-2012, 08:46 PM
The offense is perfect for this OL and the mediocre receivers on this team. Personnel needs to be upgraded at this point. No OC is coming in here and having success with this offense as is.

Raleigh Steel
12-16-2012, 08:51 PM
The last 2 weeks looked like a BA offense. Not much has changed under Haley in recent weeks.

SteelCityVoice
12-16-2012, 09:08 PM

I think the fact Wallace drops the ball a ton has hindered his production.

Troyisabeast_43
12-16-2012, 09:17 PM
I hated the play calling when they got the ball at midfield the 1st possession of the 2nd half after the great AB punt return and went 3 and out with 2 Dwyer runs and a stupid screen pass that didnt work. Getting nothing out of that series there was devistating because the Cowboys came right back and scored the next possession. As for Ben he took way way too many sacks late in this game in key key moments of the game. He took a sack on the 3rd and 4 when the Steelers were right on the edge of FG with about 4 minutes left, he then took a sack two plays in a row after the personal foul penalty in the last 2 minutes of the game as well when the Steelers were at the 46 yard line and that just absolutely killed that final drive where we could have drove down and kicked a game winning FG...Those plays were very very frustrating to watch cause all the Steelers had to do was pick up a good 15-20 yards and they would have been in FG range...

papabaier
12-16-2012, 09:21 PM
Wallace won't be Steeler next year. I hope Haley won't be either. Get Norv Turner once he"s fired

LatrobePA
12-16-2012, 09:23 PM
The Ben vs Haley storm is brewing! Get the cold water ready!!

scudmissile29
12-16-2012, 09:40 PM
wow, this forum is filled with illiterates.

sdurity
12-16-2012, 10:17 PM
Some questionable offensive play selection, for sure. But the game was really lost without Ike Taylor and his solid tackling and coverage ability on the edge. 24 points should be enough to win.

I did think they went pass happy on early downs too often and were too predictable on the quick screens.

jnes1216
12-17-2012, 01:56 AM
I'm glad Ben called out some of the frustrations. Maybe a heated debate on the offense's direction is in order for Ben, Haley, and MT. Must have been an interesting plane ride home. Haley on the sidelines this year looks like he just woke up from a nap. Maybe he needs to get a little heated too.

Crash
12-17-2012, 02:09 AM
Haley's micro-managing of the offense is what kills it. Too much subbing, too slow, too deliberate. Too trying to be cute instead of just running the offense.

We are 2nd in the NFL in points in the last 2 minutes. Why? Simple. No mass subbing, the WRs stay on the field, and the slow plodders like Johnson and Paulson are off of it.

Haley's nothing but Art's hand picked ***-kissing puppet. The NAME of the OC doesn't matter as long as he has to abide by Art's wishes.

Ben frustrated. I think what he said is what MANY feel. But he being the Captain for the offense did what good leaders do and spoke up about it.

lancer89074
12-17-2012, 12:14 PM
Norv Turner?????????? The man who took over the talented SD Chargers and destroyed them as a playoff bound team. I hope we hire Marty Schottenheimer.