PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs

terrible.towel43
12-16-2012, 08:19 PM
Rodney Harrison just said on Football Night in America that the steelers need to depend on someone else to lose in order to make the playoffs. Am I missing something here? If we win out, we will make it correct? The power is in the steelers hands, or am I over looking something?

steelchamp204
12-16-2012, 08:20 PM
We should have won the past two games if we really cared about being in the playoffs. I think we lose to cincy next week anyway.

scudmissile29
12-16-2012, 08:22 PM
we need the bengals to lose one of their finals games to make us go through.

so he was correct.

we also need to win out and that main game is the bengals.

LatrobePA
12-16-2012, 08:31 PM
Would you fn people quit talking playoffs! This team is garbage, they do not belong in the tournament!

Big T
12-16-2012, 08:32 PM
We control our own destiny. We don't have to "rely" on another team losing. Needing to beat a team is not the same thing as "relying on another team to lose"...

We win out, we are in. It's that simple.

JensK
12-16-2012, 08:33 PM
Would you fn people quit talking playoffs! This team is garbage, they do not belong in the tournament!

Playoffs? Dont talk about playoffs... We havent even won a game!?

terrible.towel43
12-16-2012, 08:34 PM
We should have won the past two games if we really cared about being in the playoffs. I think we lose to cincy next week anyway.

Thanks for completely avoiding my question.

But i got it, thanks flame, ultimately it is in our hands

steelspikes
12-16-2012, 08:35 PM
Rodney Harrison just said on Football Night in America that the steelers need to depend on someone else to lose in order to make the playoffs. Am I missing something here? If we win out, we will make it correct? The power is in the steelers hands, or am I over looking something? Yeah, it would seem to me if we & Bengals finish 9-7, that we would prevail by virtue of sweeping them. Only thing I can think of is that they might have a better Div. or conference record.

NYCsteelersfan
12-16-2012, 08:36 PM
Playoffs? Dont talk about playoffs... We havent even won a game!?

Lol exactly

Black@Gold Forever32
12-16-2012, 08:37 PM
I really question if this team can win the next two games honestly....lol

Vincent
12-16-2012, 08:38 PM
If we win the final two games we're in. We will end with the same record as Cinci, but we'll get the final spot because we will have swept them.

v

terrible.towel43
12-16-2012, 08:38 PM
We control our own destiny. We don't have to "rely" on another team losing. Needing to beat a team is not the same thing as "relying on another team to lose"...

We win out, we are in. It's that simple.

yeah ok thats what I thought, thanks for actually answering the question. God I know we've been playing terrible but by the responses you'd think I asked If we belong in the playoffs or not.

steelchamp204
12-16-2012, 08:39 PM
Thanks for completely avoiding my question.

But i got it, thanks flame, ultimately it is in our hands

If we beat the bengals next week we take over the 6th seed due to tiebreakers. Then we have to beat the browns the following week or if the bengals lose in the final week also then we are in. derpa derpa derpa

RIVERS OF STEEL
12-16-2012, 08:42 PM
9 and 7 are you kidding. Not going to happen. It might be 8 and 8 as I pedicted. It just felt like that record all season long.

Vincent
12-16-2012, 08:47 PM
After seeing this year's schedule I predicted a 13-3 season. I can't believe I'm praying for a 9-7 season at this point.

v

cbyzerman
12-16-2012, 08:56 PM
After seeing this year's schedule I predicted a 13-3 season. I can't believe I'm praying for a 9-7 season at this point.

v

Relax everyone, we lost to a desperate team, in there bldg that does have a ton of talent. They will beat cinci and denver and go to the playoffs.........

Clevelandsux
12-16-2012, 09:02 PM
denver?

City of Champyinz
12-16-2012, 09:03 PM
Losing to a desperate team isnt an excuse for losing a football game. This team has major issues. I dont even feel.confident in saying theyll get that 6th seed. Despite being outplayed, they had opportunity after opportunity late in the game to put the Cowboys away. They foolishly flirted with a desperate team and lost. The Steelers deserved to lose this game.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Nolrog
12-16-2012, 09:21 PM
Rodney Harrison just said on Football Night in America that the steelers need to depend on someone else to lose in order to make the playoffs. Am I missing something here? If we win out, we will make it correct? The power is in the steelers hands, or am I over looking something?

If the steelers win out, they wind up 9-7, and Cincy would be 1-1 in those two games (we play head to head) also at 9-7. We'd win the wild card based on a 2-0 head to head record.

floodcitygirl
12-16-2012, 09:29 PM
At this point, beating the bungholes=superbowl for someone living in Cincy. Everything else is the sundae and cherry on top.

Clevelandsux
12-16-2012, 09:34 PM
I'm not holding my breathe. Teams in the hunt for the playoffs play well down the stretch. Cinci,Dallas,washington, indy are playing well. Steelers are 1-4 in the last 5 games. Don't cut it. Playoff teams don't lose to the chargers, browns, titans and Raiders. Just a fact. Tomlin has rode this train long enough. Time to make some changes.

SteelerCountry58
12-16-2012, 09:55 PM
http://www.tjyfb.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/playoffs2.jpg
:bonk::yellowthumb::bonk: