PDA

View Full Version : Ben not a top ten QB in this league

SuperSteelers
12-16-2012, 09:12 PM
I'm probably going to get flamed for this but, Ben is not even in the same league as Brady, Peyton, Brees, Eli, etc... The Steelers have the weapons to have an excellent offensive team that should put up a lot of points. Is it the O-coordinator or head coach holding Ben back or is Ben just not good enough to read defenses and make the right reads and throws. Ben is an average QB to me that occasionally has a great game sprinkled in every now and then. Tom Brady and the rest seem to win no matter what is put on the field. I know he has a couple rings but in all honesty Ben has had some good defenses and managed the games well those superbowl years. Again, when I watch him play he just reminds me of an average QB that has to manage the game without turnovers and let the "D" play well enough to win. Someone help me see the light.

scudmissile29
12-16-2012, 09:13 PM
brady is probably the best quarterback of all time, he is exceptional.

Real Deal Steel
12-16-2012, 09:14 PM
Your upset. I get that. But Ben is still top 5 in this league. When he's healthy. And he's not anywhere near 100 percent right now.

I hope the Bengals put us out our misery next week. That way Tomlin, Le Beau and management will all be under the spot light in the off-season.

steelchamp204
12-16-2012, 09:14 PM
How can you put this on Tomlin? Did you not see Ben play when BA was here? The blame goes to Ben/Haley/Offensive Line

Black@Gold Forever32
12-16-2012, 09:16 PM
I'm probably going to get flamed for this but, Ben is not even in the same league as Brady, Peyton, Brees, Eli, etc... The Steelers have the weapons to have an excellent offensive team that should put up a lot of points. Is it the O-coordinator or head coach holding Ben back or is Ben just not good enough to read defenses and make the right reads and throws. Ben is an average QB to me that occasionally has a great game sprinkled in every now and then. Tom Brady and the rest seem to win no matter what is put on the field. I know he has a couple rings but in all honesty Ben has had some good defenses and managed the games well those superbowl years. Again, when I watch him play he just reminds me of an average QB that has to manage the game without turnovers and let the "D" play well enough to win. Someone help me see the light.

Ben reads defenses fine.......Its not like he is throwing INT's at the rate of a Jay Cutler or even Philip Rivers this season.......Look at the mistakes constantly being made by these young WR's...........Sanders, Brown, Wallace, all have drops, fumbled the ball this year.......

Eli isn't exactly setting the world on fire this year either........You're entitled to your opinion but I disagree and I'm not going to flame you.....

teeceemadison
12-16-2012, 09:16 PM
i disagree, i think is he is elite...bad pass on that overtime throw....but we are not even in this game today without his play.....

he runs the plays that haley is calling....

they stopped going to heath in the second half, that isnt ben's fault, the antonio fumble wasnt his issue, the pick was, but again, without him in there, do you really think this even gets to ot?

penguins&steelers
12-16-2012, 09:17 PM
Damn the sky falls on this board when we lose. I'm just as pissed off as any of you out there, but I'm not going to say irrational things.

SuperSteelers
12-16-2012, 09:18 PM
How can you put this on Tomlin? Did you not see Ben play when BA was here? The blame goes to Ben/Haley/Offensive Line

Please enlighten us on who is to blame? I'm inclined to say Ben but you already now since I started this thread.

Black@Gold Forever32
But I will ask can you can name 10 QB's you rather have then Ben?

steelchamp204
Damn the sky falls on this board when we lose. I'm just as pissed off as any of you out there, but I'm not going to say irrational things.

This team has been inconsistant all year long. We have the personell on offense to be putting up 24+ a game. We have so much money into our defense that is not producing turnovers or sacks like they should. This whole season is a debacle.

scudmissile29
12-16-2012, 09:19 PM
ben is probably 4th best qb in the league lol.

steelchamp204
12-16-2012, 09:19 PM
Please enlighten us on who is to blame? I'm inclined to say Ben but you already now since I started this thread.

Read what I wrote carefully, I listed the people.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-16-2012, 09:20 PM

The game shouldn't have went into OT in the first place....Brown's fumble is what lost the game really....Talk about a momentum killer....Can you credit Brandon Carr for making a great play?....It wasn't like Ben threw it right to him......Carr made a great play on the ball.....

SuperSteelers
12-16-2012, 09:22 PM
i disagree, i think is he is elite...bad pass on that overtime throw....but we are not even in this game today without his play.....

he runs the plays that haley is calling....

they stopped going to heath in the second half, that isnt ben's fault, the antonio fumble wasnt his issue, the pick was, but again, without him in there, do you really think this even gets to ot?

I agree he kept them in the game today but I'm thinking beyond this game and looking at the past. I'm curious as to the kind of numbers this offense would put up with a Brady, Peyton, and so on running it.

SuperSteelers
12-16-2012, 09:23 PM
Read what I wrote carefully, I listed the people. sorry I missed that.

SuperSteelers
12-16-2012, 09:25 PM
Probably not but I can name 10 that are having a better season then Ben.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-16-2012, 09:25 PM
I agree he kept them in the game today but I'm thinking beyond this game and looking at the past. I'm curious as to the kind of numbers this offense would put up with a Brady, Peyton, and so on running it.

Would Brady/Manning hold onto the football for those young WR's that constantly make mistakes?.....Its not like the OL hasn't been injured and inconsistent at times this year to....Look at the sacks Ben took today there was nobody open on those plays......Yea I agree he could try to throw the ball away but at the same time I have seen QB's try to throw ball away and they hang it up in the air to long that leads to INTs......

penguins&steelers
12-16-2012, 09:26 PM

Not a God Damn Chance. This is just irrational ranting. It's ok to be FURIOUS! I am. Just don't say stupid ****.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-16-2012, 09:27 PM
Probably not but I can name 10 that are having a better season then Ben.

10 having better seasons........Rodgers, Peyton, Brady for sure....But look at some of the games Matt Ryan and Brees have had this year...Both Ryan and Brees have thrown 5 INT's in a single game this year.......Just saying all QB's make poor throws at times....I'm not flaming but I disagree with you.....

Omicron
12-16-2012, 09:29 PM

No one. IMO, I think he is still rather hurt from the KC game and is trying to play through it. Some of those dump passes were not on target and it seems like his velocity is off with the injury.

NYCsteelersfan
12-16-2012, 09:30 PM
The fact that you buy the media hype and put Eli in the same category as Brady, Brees and Peyton Manning shows how little you know. Eli Manning is an above average quarterback at best. His supposed Elite status stems from his two Superbowl wins. Based on that measurement, Roethlisberger is also elite because he has two Superbowl championships as well. All his other regular season stats, aside from total yards, are far better than Eli Manning.

Nolrog
12-16-2012, 09:31 PM
/smh

JensK
12-16-2012, 09:31 PM
10 having better seasons........Rodgers, Peyton, Brady for sure....But look at some of the games Matt Ryan and Brees have had this year...Both Ryan and Brees have thrown 5 INT's in a single game this year.......Just saying all QB's make poor throws at times....I'm not flaming but I disagree with you.....

At least you Can tell that the guys you mention actually wants to win. They will be all over the place, cheering or shouting, whereas Ben might point to the sky if he remembers. It just seems without passion most of the time.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-16-2012, 09:33 PM
At least you Can tell that the guys you mention actually wants to win. They will be all over the place, cheering or shouting, whereas Ben might point to the sky if he remembers. It just seems without passion most of the time.

Ok I respect your opinion but man you really question Ben's competitive fire?........Ben is a warrior and wants to win at all costs.....Just because he doesn't go all WWE style like Tom Brady did last week after getting a first down doesn't mean Ben doesn't want to win........Why do you think Ben plays hurt most of the time.......

Big T
12-16-2012, 09:38 PM
Unbelievable the **** people say after a loss. It truly is unbelievable.

JensK
12-16-2012, 09:39 PM
Ok I respect your opinion but man you really question Ben's competitive fire?........Ben is a warrior and wants to win at all costs.....Just because he doesn't go all WWE style like Tom Brady did last week after getting a first down doesn't mean Ben doesn't want to win........Why do you think Ben plays hurt most of the time.......

Well, 10 mil per year is a pretty good incentiment :p all joking aside, i never questioned his Will to win a game.. Nor would i ever. I just Think that we need to see him show it. Get really fired up. The team just seem flat to me emotially, and Big ben is no different. Remember that game where he ran out to the bench and danced? We dont see that stuff anymore, and I truly believe that it helps the other guys to get fired up as well

LatrobePA
12-16-2012, 09:42 PM
Need to think about drafting a QB in the first few rounds in 13'....

steelchamp204
12-16-2012, 09:42 PM
I guees its Bens fault the Oline cant pass protect either.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-16-2012, 09:43 PM
Well, 10 mil per year is a pretty good incentiment :p all joking aside, i never questioned his Will to win a game.. Nor would i ever. I just Think that we need to see him show it. Get really fired up. The team just seem flat to me emotially, and Big ben is no different. Remember that game where he ran out to the bench and danced? We dont see that stuff anymore, and I truly believe that it helps the other guys to get fired up as well

I agree with you about the team being flat....I agree this team could use an emotional leader.....Can we clone Joey Porter?....I don't know what the answer is really and its frustrating......Maybe there is a conflict between him and Haley?......

SuperSteelers
12-16-2012, 09:45 PM
I will try:
Rogers
Brady
Brees
Eli
Peyton
Ryan
Schaub
Romo
Rivers (for his firey attitude)
Stafford (really questionable on this one)

penguins&steelers
12-16-2012, 09:47 PM
I will try:
Rogers
Brady
Brees
Eli
Peyton
Ryan
Schaub
Romo

Rodgers no, Brady yes, Brees yes, Eli no, Peyton yes, Ryan no Shaub No Romo rivers and Stafford WTF???????? So 4 quarterbacks. Still top 5.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-16-2012, 09:48 PM
I will try:
Rogers
Brady
Brees
Eli
Peyton
Ryan
Schaub
Romo

Eli is not really setting the world on fire this year.....Rivers, Stafford, Ryan, Romo....Really? I even question Schaub.......Brees had moments of complete crap this year as well.....Even one of the best like Brees has bad games....Both Brees and Ryan threw 5 INT's in a game this year......

I think Ben is up there with Brady, Rodgers, Brees..........

SuperSteelers
12-16-2012, 09:51 PM
Unbelievable the **** people say after a loss. It truly is unbelievable.

Actually you don't live with me so you have no clue what I say about Ben in the general public or in my home. Just because I don't post it every second of the day on this forum doesn't mean I don't think like this aside from today's loss. I have always thought he was a good QB that manages the game well but is NOT elite like the dudes I mentioned.

jpele
12-16-2012, 09:52 PM

This offense would suck with Brady or Manning neither QB could withstand the pressure that Ben escapes

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

SuperSteelers
12-16-2012, 09:53 PM
Eli is not really setting the world on fire this year.....Rivers, Stafford, Ryan, Romo....Really? I even question Schaub.......Brees had moments of complete crap this year as well.....Even one of the best like Brees has bad games....Both Brees and Ryan threw 5 INT's in a game this year......

I think Ben is up there with Brady, Rodgers, Brees..........

I would definitely put him behin Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Peyton, and Eli...the rest is debatable

SuperSteelers
12-16-2012, 09:54 PM
This offense would suck with Brady or Manning neither QB could withstand the pressure that Ben escapes

They don't have to escape because they are not known for holding onto the ball forever like Ben.

steelchamp204

Manning would make this line alot better like he did with The colts/broncos. Brady also makes his line a lot better also. The Patriots had a rookie guard play for them lat monday and looked like a vet. These QB's know how to slide protection. I guarantee you if Manning took over this line it would look just as good as a Pats/Colts/Bronco's Oline

Black@Gold Forever32
Actually you don't live with me so you have no clue what I say about Ben in the general public or in my home. Just because I don't post it every second of the day on this forum doesn't mean I don't think like this aside from today's loss. I have always thought he was a good QB that manages the game well but is NOT elite like the dudes I mentioned.

But you really think Matt Ryan, Tony Romo, Philip Rivers, Matt Schaub, Matthew Stafford are elite?....None of them have never won anything and had games were they played like complete crap....You don't think Schaub is managing a game in Houston most of the time with that running game and defense that he has?....But Stafford has had one good year......Romo, Ryan, Rivers are just stat whores at this point.....

Big T
My point is... An INT in OT to seal a loss and people forget that he was a legitimate MVP candidate before he got hurt. Now he's only a game manager. Ben is the only reason we were even in that game.

penguins&steelers
12-16-2012, 09:56 PM

I got something for you

http://www.couponmaverick.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/midol-coupon.jpg

Black@Gold Forever32
12-16-2012, 09:56 PM
They don't have to escape because they are not known for holding onto the ball forever like Ben.

Did you see the sacks today?...Nobody was opened on most of them sacks.....Plus on Ben's TD pass to Miller it was Ben escaping that allowed Miller to get open...I do agree Ben at times does hold onto the ball to long but man at times he has to as well for his WR's to get open.........

SuperSteelers
12-16-2012, 09:58 PM
Rodgers no, Brady yes, Brees yes, Eli no, Peyton yes, Ryan no Shaub No Romo rivers and Stafford WTF???????? So 4 quarterbacks. Still top 5.

This is where I disagree right or wrong. It is how I feel and sorry if it doesn't fit some fans agenda. I think any of those QBs would have won several superbowls playing on some of the Steelers teams in the past and maybe have them in a better position this season.

Clevelandsux
12-16-2012, 10:05 PM
Ben can only do so much. Yes he threw a bad pass. But our defense couldn't stop anything. We couldn't run the ball. Browns fumble was the backbreaker. If ben never gets injured, our season isn't where it is.

SuperSteelers
12-16-2012, 10:06 PM
Did you see the sacks today?...Nobody was opened on most of them sacks.....Plus on Ben's TD pass to Miller it was Ben escaping that allowed Miller to get open...I do agree Ben at times does hold onto the ball to long but man at times he has to as well for his WR's to get open.........

I saw the same game and I'm not disagreeing with you. I just look at the offensive weapons and don't understand how this team is NOT throwing up the numbers like a Patriots team that doesn't have shat for WRs or a Saints team with no defense or a Denver team that is only average without a Peyton to take them to the next level. Why is ben not taking this team to the next level. I'm really baffled.

SuperSteelers
12-16-2012, 10:09 PM
Ben can only do so much. Yes he threw a bad pass. But our defense couldn't stop anything. We couldn't run the ball. Browns fumble was the backbreaker. If ben never gets injured, our season isn't where it is.

I disagree because with or without Ben they lose to the worst teams in the NFL. (Raiders, Chargers, Titans, Browns)

Black@Gold Forever32
12-16-2012, 10:12 PM
I saw the same game and I'm not disagreeing with you. I just look at the offensive weapons and don't understand how this team is NOT throwing up the numbers like a Patriots team that doesn't have shat for WRs or a Saints team with no defense or a Denver team that is only average without a Peyton to take them to the next level. Why is ben not taking this team to the next level. I'm really baffled.

But look at how many drops by the WR's that have killed drives, fumbles by the RB's and WR's, penalties by the OL (especially Willie Colon) that killed drives.....There is many factors killing this offense.....All those factors hold back an offense to its full potential....You go on about the weapons....But yea Wallace, Brown, Sanders, are all young and talented but all three lack the mental toughness for a QB to rely on week in and week out......Its frustrating for sure and trust me I'm frustrated but I think Ben is the least of the problems...Is he perfect?...No and he makes mistakes but even Brees had a 5 INT game this year.....I don't think anybody is questioning were Brees belongs on the NFL QB pecking order?

SuperSteelers
12-16-2012, 10:16 PM
But look at how many drops by the WR's that have killed drives, fumbles by the RB's and WR's, penalties by the OL (especially Willie Colon) that killed drives.....There is many factors killing this offense.....All those factors hold back an offense to its full potential....You go on about the weapons....But yea Wallace, Brown, Sanders, are all young and talented but all three lack the mental toughness for a QB to rely on week in and week out......Its frustrating for sure and trust me I'm frustrated but I think Ben is the least of the problems...Is he perfect?...No and he makes mistakes but even Brees had a 5 INT game this year.....I don't think anybody is questioning were Brees belongs on the NFL QB pecking order?

I agree and maybe it is time to blow this team up and bring in guys that have less talent and more mental toughness.

papabaier
12-16-2012, 10:25 PM
Your upset. I get that. But Ben is still top 5 in this league. When he's healthy. And he's not anywhere near 100 percent right now.

I hope the Bengals put us out our misery next week. That way Tomlin, Le Beau and management will all be under the spot light in the off-season.

I agree with you here. This coaching staff just doesnt get their team ready to go. Such slow conservative starts and then expecting Ben to bail them out is asinine. The O line is pathetic, and the injuries to the secondary killed them. And WTF is with Brown and Sanders and therir fumbles?? This team is just not a good team this year,ery week. and gets out-coached every week

DBR96A
12-16-2012, 10:28 PM
Ben Roethlisberger is no worse than the fourth-best QB in the NFL this season, or the fifth-best active QB. All this overreactionary **** pisses me off.

By the way, I've seen Drew Brees throw several TDs to the wrong team in the last few seasons, so using the prevailing logic of this topic, I guess he's not a top-10 QB either.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-16-2012, 10:31 PM
I agree and maybe it is time to blow this team up and bring in guys that have less talent and more mental toughness.

I'm not saying blow the entire team up....But man when all three WR's constantly make mistakes week in and week out its alarming wouldn't you agree?.........Plus that is part of having young WR's......Have to live with the ups and downs.....

DBR96A
12-16-2012, 10:32 PM

To add to your comments, Ben does hold the ball too long sometimes, but not nearly as often as portrayed.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-16-2012, 10:36 PM
To add to your comments, Ben does hold the ball too long sometimes, but not nearly as often as portrayed.

I agree...But at times he needs to throw the ball away but you take the good and the bad with Ben....I don't want him to change his style of play....I do think Haley is handcuffing him at times....

SuperSteelers
Ben Roethlisberger is no worse than the fourth-best QB in the NFL this season, or the fifth-best active QB. All this overreactionary **** pisses me off.

By the way, I've seen Drew Brees throw several TDs to the wrong team in the last few seasons, so using the prevailing logic of this topic, I guess he's not a top-10 QB either.

Sorry you feel pissed off. Maybe you should quit watching football and put your big boy pants on and accept the fact that people can have different views from yours and learn to listen instead of reacting.

The only prevailing logic is whatever fits your agenda. Where does the topic mention INTs and Brees?

SteelerCountry58
Any normal human being wouldn't even be playing with the condition that
Ben has. He's not 100%,probably not even close. He still pretty damn good
playing half assed and we don't have much choice this time of year.
Ben is elite just banged up and let's face it,it's not our year. I don't care
what anyone says,this team is mediocre and far too inconsistent.

Nolrog
12-16-2012, 10:37 PM
Need to think about drafting a QB in the first few rounds in 13'....

No, we don't. Drafting a QB in the first few rounds is a huge mistake.

1) Ben is only 30. He has 4-5 good years in him yet. We need to stock up the other needs while he's still in his prime and make another run or two at the ring.

2) The team has far more desperate needs than a back up QB.

3) A rookie QB is someone that needs to be developed, not someone that could just step in and start. As a Steeler, he wouldn't develop very much behind Ben as the starter.

4) When it's time to replace Ben, we'll likely either totally suck for a year and get a fairly high pick or have to give up multiple #1s to move up high enough to get that next franchise guy.

What we really need is one of the QBs coming off their initial rookie contract, that's decent enough but not quite starter material. Like Alex Smith or possibly even Mark Sanchez.

LatrobePA
12-16-2012, 10:38 PM
Not saying to replace Ben right away, but someone to have around!

Black@Gold Forever32
12-16-2012, 10:40 PM
Anybody but Dirty Sanchez please....lol

SuperSteelers
12-16-2012, 10:41 PM
I guess to make a topic about how I feel makes me less of a fan or just plain stupid. So be it, at least come out and give me a reason as to why I'm wrong and get me to see the light in the tunnel. Tell me why this team isn't better then they are with Ben running the show? Don't just say you SUCK!

NYCsteelersfan
12-16-2012, 10:43 PM
This is where I disagree right or wrong. It is how I feel and sorry if it doesn't fit some fans agenda. I think any of those QBs would have won several superbowls playing on some of the Steelers teams in the past and maybe have them in a better position this season.

There is no agenda. You simply have no idea what you're talking about. Romo threw 9 INTs in two games this season. If you were a Cowboys fan, you would be in their forum saying how Romo sucks and Roethlisberger is better. Get a hold of yourself.

Nolrog
12-16-2012, 10:44 PM
Not saying to replace Ben right away, but someone to have around!

Which is exactly why I think we should be looking for that guy coming off the rookie contract that wasn't quite good enough to start. Kind of like that Charlie Batch from 9 years ago. Content to take the vet min contract and start once or twice a year.

LatrobePA
12-16-2012, 10:44 PM
Anybody but Dirty Sanchez please....lol

Cousins! Money!!!

SnakeEyes43
12-16-2012, 10:45 PM
Ben is not a top ten QB in the league.

Do tell. I'd like to know ten other QBs you'd rather have.

http://www.bug.hr/_cache/1b4a132038476165585a253f76f6ee97.jpg

LatrobePA
12-16-2012, 10:45 PM
Which is exactly why I think we should be looking for that guy coming off the rookie contract that wasn't quite good enough to start. Kind of like that Charlie Batch from 9 years ago. Content to take the vet min contract and start once or twice a year.

True, but if someone drops that may be a good prospect I say you have too.

SuperSteelers
12-16-2012, 10:48 PM
Do tell. I'd like to know ten other QBs you'd rather have.

http://www.bug.hr/_cache/1b4a132038476165585a253f76f6ee97.jpg

Read through the thread then you can come back and debate it. Thanks.

SnakeEyes43
12-16-2012, 10:51 PM
Read through the thread then you can come back and debate it. Thanks.

It's such an idiotic topic, that it was hard to even click on and take seriously, let alone read your debate about it. Just give me a list of ten other QBs you'd prefer right now. Simple. Type ten names you'd rather have. Thanks!

LatrobePA
12-16-2012, 10:54 PM
Trade Wallace to San Fran for Smith!

SuperSteelers
12-16-2012, 10:55 PM
It's such an idiotic topic, that it was hard to even click on and take seriously, let alone read your debate about it. Just give me a list of ten other QBs you'd prefer right now. Simple. Type ten names you'd rather have. Thanks! Then move on and leave it to the adults. I'm not typing it again. Look through the thread and quit being so impatient youngin.

NYCsteelersfan
12-16-2012, 10:57 PM
Then move on and leave it to the adults. I'm not typing it again. Look through the thread and quit being so impatient youngin.

It was such an embarrassingly moronic list that it shouldn't be typed again.

SuperSteelers
12-16-2012, 11:03 PM
It was such an embarrassingly moronic list that it shouldn't be typed again.

That is your unvalidated opinion which your entitled to.

SuperSteelers
12-16-2012, 11:14 PM
Good night folks. I'll leave you with a riddle:

You're trapped in a room with an angry grizzly bear, a hungry Lion, and Mike Tomlin. You have a gun with two bullets. What should you do?

Shoot Mike Tomlin… twice.

Clevelandsux
12-16-2012, 11:28 PM
I disagree because with or without Ben they lose to the worst teams in the NFL. (Raiders, Chargers, Titans, Browns)

Yes but everything was starting to click when he went out. There are bigger issues on this team than ben. Alot of selfish players (mendenhall, wallace). Need a starting rb. And several guys that need to be replaced. Injuries have killed this team this year.

Crash
12-17-2012, 02:11 AM

Brees....LOL

11 years as a starter he's been to the playoffs 5 times.

Crash
12-17-2012, 02:17 AM
Rivers and his "fiery attitude" hasn't made the playoffs in 3 years.

Ben actually chewed out Dywer today, probably the most animated I have ever seen him on the field towards a teammate.

Didn't work did it?

Black@Gold Forever32
12-17-2012, 02:23 AM
Rivers and his "fiery attitude" hasn't made the playoffs in 3 years.

Ben actually chewed out Dywer today, probably the most animated I have ever seen him on the field towards a teammate.

Didn't work did it?

Ben was chewing out his OL and WR's last week as well.........Ben also gave them a speech this week and which he stated they all needed to pick up their game.....I really question if players like Pouncey, Wallace, Sanders, Brown, and along with some of the other guys really care about winning?....I know Ben, Miller, Starks, and some of these vets that have been through the fire and won Super Bowls do........

Crash
12-17-2012, 02:24 AM

Because he's forbidden by management. They want the run game. They want to try and keep the defense "rested".

We also don't force many turnovers, which means when we score, it's usually a long drive, which chews up clock.

A prime example of Todd Haley's incompetence can be seen on the first drive of the second half. The Steelers FINALLY get good field position to start a drive and what did we do?

Run, run, a dump off to a RB punt.

Real bright play calling there.

Clevelandsux
12-17-2012, 02:31 AM
the defense could not stop anybody. dallas threw at victorian all day.we had a bunch of scrubs playing back there.

scott0326
12-17-2012, 05:13 AM
This thread is a joke. Name 10 QB's better, lol.

scudmissile29
12-17-2012, 07:15 AM
After sleeping on this for the following morning.

Exile the original poster from this forum.

Speeed
12-17-2012, 09:06 AM
He throws one pick all game. Otherwise, a great game. His TD to interception ratio is exemplary.

coldrolled
12-17-2012, 10:19 AM
SF vs NE

A Rookie without Wallace or Brown on his team.. Is he great or does the D put him in great position to score often...

Colin Kaepernick

#7 | QB | 49ers

14/25, 216 YDS, 4 TD, 1 INT

NeilPatrickBanana
12-17-2012, 10:22 AM
Ben is definitely top 10

It's just that he is a "different" kind of QB than the rest of the "elites"

Ben is not the Brady/Peyton kind of elite. He can't pick apart a defense with precision and IQ, He beats teams with guts and improve. He's an elite talent, he just happens to be unlike most elite QBs.

Goodfrom55
12-17-2012, 10:24 AM
Over reaction Monday..............

Ben is elite and there is no one in the league that can do what he does week after week while running for his life.
Between Receivers dropping the ball and not coming back for the ball on curl and hook routes, he has been snakebit a couple times. Not sure if it was the greatest read yesterday to throw to Wallace who was double covered, but the Dallas CB made a great play.

Real Deal Steel
12-17-2012, 11:54 AM
Ben isn't 100 percent. He is still top 5 in the league. This thread is stupid and should be closed.

LatrobePA
12-17-2012, 12:00 PM
Ben has no reliable WR's, no one can get open and when they do they drop em! Lets look at the o lines Ben has had to play behind, I'm surprised the damn guy is still alive!

Zachintosh66
12-17-2012, 12:02 PM
ridiculous thread...

Goodfrom55
12-17-2012, 04:24 PM
The one thing I will add to this is although the WR's can absolutely fly, they absolutely cannot break press coverage.

jdehoff83
12-17-2012, 06:58 PM
I will try:
Rogers
Brady
Brees
Eli
Peyton
Ryan
Schaub
Romo

Man you cant be serious about this? lets add Flacco, Cutler, Boller, Quinn I dont know LOL I mean this is Ben the dude is cut from a different fabric then majority of these guys hes not a pocket passer and he makes things happen and that comes at a price IE more sacks.. But to go off over one interception that the CB basically laid out for and made an amazing catch no you want the guy to pack his bags? I would be more upset that we dont have CBs that can catch the ball period. Or tackle for that matter. I could do what Victorian does play 15 yards off the receiver get beat on an out route then torpedo myself into the darkness LOL i mean this team has problems and its not ben

coldrolled
12-17-2012, 07:29 PM
Its the Defense... They fell apart.. No pass rush and a worn out and beat up secondary...

Speeed
12-17-2012, 07:47 PM
I read a stat last year that his pocket passing percentage is right up there with the top 5. I wish I would have remembered or saved that somewhere. And I agree, he is a different kind of "elite." He can break tackles, he can run, he can throw, he can improvise, and audible, scramble, throw deep, etc. and he does each of those as good as any guy in the league, and is the best at some of them. The problem is he has never had a reliable defensive line. If he had, he would be standing in the pocket ala Brady throwing strikes all over the field.

Sadly, he will never get the credit he deserves. I feel he is the most unique QB to see the field in the history of the NFL.

Its the Defense... They fell apart.. No pass rush and a worn out and beat up secondary...