PDA

View Full Version : Pathetically conservative?

NYCsteelersfan
12-16-2012, 08:59 PM
24 seconds and one timeout to move the ball into field goal range and you have the quarterback take a knee? Isn't that something bad teams with really $hitty quarterbacks do?

teeceemadison
12-16-2012, 09:01 PM
24 seconds and one timeout to move the ball into field goal range and you have the quarterback take a knee? Isn't that something bad teams with really $hitty quarterbacks do?
i agreed, they just took a knee is so freakin stoopid.

Rhyno
12-16-2012, 09:04 PM
There was nothing wrong with what they did. Ben could have thrown an interception.

Big T
12-16-2012, 09:05 PM
Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Real Deal Steel
12-16-2012, 09:12 PM
This team doesn't need to make the playoffs.

coldrolled
12-16-2012, 09:13 PM
Is it me, or does ben throw that out pass in crucial times for INT's

3 this year?? Denver last year??

Maybe we need to jump the receivers once in a while too.?

SuperSteelers
12-16-2012, 09:14 PM
This team doesn't need to make the playoffs.

I agree. i hope the Steelers lose next week so they can end this debacle of a team.

NYCsteelersfan
12-16-2012, 09:14 PM
He could throw an interception in overtime just like he did. That doesn't make sense. If they didn't have the timeout then I would understand, but 24 seconds with one timeout shouldn't just be thrown in the garbage.

Speeed
12-16-2012, 09:29 PM
You don't not make plays based on what might happen. You run plays to make things happen. That was pathetic. They could have run 2 plays in that time. I think Tomlin's clock management and key decision making have not been good as of late. He is horrible with timeouts.

There was nothing wrong with what they did. Ben could have thrown an interception.

NYCsteelersfan
12-16-2012, 09:34 PM
You don't not make plays based on what might happen. You run plays to make things happen. That was pathetic. They could have run 2 plays in that time.

Exactly. Probable even three plays.

Troyisabeast_43
12-16-2012, 10:22 PM
I agree they could have taken a shot down the field 20 or 25 yards and called timeout and then try and pick up another 15-20 yards the next pass play and then just spiked it and tried to kick a game winning FG. To simply waste 24 seconds with 1 timeout left was a stupid move by Tomlin but I am not surprised at all that he did it because Tomlin's clock management and understanding of game situations is beyond pathetic...

NYCsteelersfan
12-16-2012, 11:14 PM
I agree they could have taken a shot down the field 20 or 25 yards and called timeout and then try and pick up another 15-20 yards the next pass play and then just spiked it and tried to kick a game winning FG. To simply waste 24 seconds with 1 timeout left was a stupid move by Tomlin but I am not surprised at all that he did it because Tomlin's clock management and understanding of game situations is beyond pathetic...

I was shocked as stupid as Tomlin's clock management is. It was a halftime move. It made no sense. Just like you said, you can at least attempt the pass plays and try to get into field goal range.