PDA

View Full Version : Fun : Who would you keep?

NeilPatrickBanana
12-12-2012, 10:59 AM
If you were building the Steelers from scratch and could keep 5 current roster players on Defense, and 5 current roster players on Offense, who would you keep? You should take skill, age, scheme, and contract into consideration

Defense :
1. Timmons LB
2. K.Lewis CB
3. Woodley PR
4. C.Allen CB
5. Hood DT

Offense :
1. Ben QB
2. Rainey RB
3. Decastro OG
4. Adams OT
5. Brown WR

SnakeEyes43
12-12-2012, 11:36 AM
It was almost impossible to make a list that didn't look juts like yours...but here you go.

Defense:
1. Timmons
2. Heyward (but I would make sure he plays!)
3. Lewis
4. Woodley
5. Clark (I'm not sure how many years he has left though)

Offense:
1. Ben
2. Pouncey
3. DeCastro
4. Dwyer
5. Brown

cbrunn
12-12-2012, 11:43 AM
Offense

1. Ben
2. Wallace
3. Brown
4. Pouncey
5. Decastro

Defense

1. Timmons
2. Heyward
3. Lewis
4. Allen
5. Ike

Raleigh Steel
12-12-2012, 12:06 PM
Offense:

Ben
Miller
Pouncey
Decastro
Brown

Defense:

Heyward
Timmons
Lewis
Clark
W. Allen

TarlsQtr
12-12-2012, 12:58 PM
Offense (no particular order):

Ben
Pouncey
Decastro
AB
Miller (No RBs because none of them are more than spare parts)

Defense:

Woodley
Timmons
Ike
Brown
Heyward

Big T
12-12-2012, 12:58 PM
Ben
Wallace
Pouncey
DeCastro
Heath

Timmons
Woodley
Heyward
Keenan Lewis
McLendon/Cortez Allen (Allen may develop into a nice corner and I feel like McLendon can ball. Can't make up my mind).

Goodfrom55
12-12-2012, 03:09 PM
Offense:

Ben
Miller
Pouncey
Decastro
Brown

Defense:

Heyward
Timmons
Lewis
Clark
W. Allen

My list exactly, just sub Will Allen with Woody.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-12-2012, 03:34 PM
If you were building the Steelers from scratch and could keep 5 current roster players on Defense, and 5 current roster players on Offense, who would you keep? You should take skill, age, scheme, and contract into consideration

Defense :
1. Timmons LB
2. K.Lewis CB
3. Woodley PR
4. C.Allen CB
5. Hood DT

Offense :
1. Ben QB
2. Rainey RB
3. Decastro OG
4. Adams OT
5. Brown WR

Defense :

1. Timmons
2. Heyward
3. Lewis
4. Allen
5. Woodley

Offense :

1. Ben
2. Pouncey
3. Wallace
4. DeCastro
5. Brown

Big T
12-12-2012, 03:55 PM
I'm sorry... I realize this is all based on everyone's preferences and opinions, but how in the world can someone choose to build a defense around a 30 year old safety with 4 career INTs (with his last INTs coming the same year the Steelers won Super Bowl XL), who ever since joining this team has been laughably horrible until this season where he played "ok" while Troy has been out, over LaMarr Woodley? (yes I realize how horrible of a run-on sentence that is lol) A guy who has averaged 11 sacks a season as a starter. The guy that has the most career postseason sacks in a players first 7 playoff games (11), and the longest streak of consecutive postseason games with at least 2 sacks in each game (4 straight games). The same guy who before injuring his hamstring last season was a legitimate Defensive Player of the Year candidate who had 9 sacks while missing 6.5 games. The same guy who is the only player on this defense that has been able to create somewhat consistent pressure this season when he's been healthy and actually allowed to rush the QB. And just FYI, has more career INTs than Will Allen.

Again, I realize it comes down to preference... It just baffles me.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-12-2012, 04:22 PM
I'm keeping Woodley and the Allen I'm keeping is Cortez not Will.....

Big T
12-12-2012, 04:26 PM
I'm keeping Woodley and the Allen I'm keeping is Cortez not Will.....

My little rant wasn't directed at you big guy lol

Black@Gold Forever32
12-12-2012, 04:31 PM
My little rant wasn't directed at you big guy lol

I know....just saying I'm with you on Will....He has played well this year but he isn't a guy to keep long term........

terrible.towel43
12-12-2012, 05:06 PM
Whats even more baffling is taking Mike Adams over Pouncey...I mean come on

Offense:
Ben
Health
Pouncey
DeCastro
Brown

Defense
Timmons
Woodley
Heyward
Lewis
Worilds

I like Cortez Allen, but he's really only every played 1 good game as a starter in his career

Zachintosh66
12-12-2012, 05:21 PM
O:
Ben
Decastro
Pouncey
Brown
Miller

D:
LT
Woodley
Lewis
Heyward
Ike

Black@Gold Forever32
12-12-2012, 05:24 PM

Offense:
Ben
Health
Pouncey
DeCastro
Brown

Defense
Timmons
Woodley
Heyward
Lewis
Worilds

I like Cortez Allen, but he's really only every played 1 good game as a starter in his career

Mike Adams has the ability to play LT.....Its hard to find quality LTs so I could see somebody keeping Adams over Pouncey.....

Raleigh Steel
12-12-2012, 05:43 PM
Big T...to be perfectly honest, when I answered the question Woodley completely slipped my mind. I actually like Woodley a ton...I've been a Michigan fan my whole life...I just momentarily forgot about him, and went with the players I thought were playing the best this season.

I throw myself at the mercy of the big T court of public opinion and humbly ask to change my answer....LOL

NeilPatrickBanana
12-12-2012, 05:46 PM

Franchise LTs are hard to find... I'll hang onto the potential.

Pouncey is the most overrated player on the Steelers.

Big T
12-12-2012, 05:46 PM
Mike Adams has the ability to play LT.....Its hard to find quality LTs so I could see somebody keeping Adams over Pouncey.....

I love the potential he has and what he's shown up to this point in his career, but no one knows how Mike Adams will turn out. With Pouncey, we know what we have. We have a 2-time All Pro center after 2 seasons, who is only going to get better as he matures. Pouncey can be a little inconsistent at times, but more times than not he's an absolute stud.

Big T
12-12-2012, 05:48 PM
Big T...to be perfectly honest, when I answered the question Woodley completely slipped my mind. I actually like Woodley a ton...I've been a Michigan fan my whole life...I just momentarily forgot about him, and went with the players I thought were playing the best this season.

I throw myself at the mercy of the big T court of public opinion and humbly ask to change my answer....LOL
Lol it's all good big guy. That **** happens to me all the time. I often get a little testy when it comes to Woodley because a lot of people on here really do take him for granted.

NeilPatrickBanana
12-12-2012, 05:50 PM
I love the potential he has and what he's shown up to this point in his career, but no one knows how Mike Adams will turn out. With Pouncey, we know what we have. We have a 2-time All Pro guard after 2 seasons, who is only going to get better as he matures. Pouncey can be a little inconsistent at times, but more times than not he's an absolute stud.

His brother is a lot better

Black@Gold Forever32
12-12-2012, 05:53 PM
I love the potential he has and what he's shown up to this point in his career, but no one knows how Mike Adams will turn out. With Pouncey, we know what we have. We have a 2-time All Pro guard after 2 seasons, who is only going to get better as he matures. Pouncey can be a little inconsistent at times, but more times than not he's an absolute stud.

I love Pouncey...he drives me nuts with his ****** snaps lately but just saying its not shocking if somebody chooses to keep Adams over Pouncey since Adams can play LT.........I kept Pouncey but I wouldn't argue somebody keeping Adams over him.....

Big T
12-12-2012, 06:09 PM
His brother is a lot better

I wouldn't go that far. Mike has had a better year this year, but overall they are pretty damn close (shocker).

ChucktownSteeler
12-12-2012, 06:22 PM
Offense:
Ben
Decastro
Pouncey
Brown
Miller

Defense:
Timmons
Woodley
Lewis
Heyward
Cortez Allen

Steeldriven
12-12-2012, 08:23 PM
Big Ben
Rainey
Miller
Pouncey
DeCastro

Hood
Worlids
Woodley
Timmons
Lewis

connecticutsteel
12-12-2012, 08:47 PM
Ben
pouncey
DeCastro
Adams
Miller

------------------------------------

Woodley
Heyward
C.Allen
Timmons
Lewis
---------------------------------
If we are gonna build a team then you have to fill special teams too !

Rainey
Brown
Golden
dwyer
Sanders

steelhurtin86
12-14-2012, 03:43 PM
Offense

Roethlisberger
DeCastro
Brown
Miller
Adams

Defense
Timmons
Keenan Lewis
Heyward
Woodley (depending on how his health is next yr)
Clark (getting up there in yrs but think hes got a few more good ones left and would be a great veteran presence)

DBR96A
12-14-2012, 04:14 PM
Offense

1. Ben Roethlisberger
2. Heath Miller
3. Antonio Brown
4. Maurkice Pouncey
5. David DeCastro

Defense

1. Cameron Heyward
2. LaMarr Woodley
2. Lawrence Timmons
3. Sean Spence
4. Keenan Lewis

$teelersRule
12-14-2012, 06:58 PM
interesting choice with Spence I would have the same list only with McClendon instead of Spence so...

Offense

1. Ben Roethlisberger
2. Heath Miller
3. Antonio Brown
4. Maurkice Pouncey
5. David DeCastro

Defense

1. Cameron Heyward
2. LaMarr Woodley
2. Lawrence Timmons
3. Steve McClendon
4. Keenan Lewis