PDA

View Full Version : Softer: this Steelers team, or Steelers fans?

DBR96A
12-12-2012, 08:17 AM
I'd say probably the fans, considering the Steelers have at least proven capable of beating good teams this season, whereas lots of fans don't even know how to handle a loss. I'd also venture that those who handle losses the worst don't have much to define their personalities beyond their Steelers fandom.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-12-2012, 11:32 AM
Hardcore fans always take a loss hard for the first couple days after, then we move on. Dwelling on it for weeks or months afterwards might be a bit over the top I'll give you that, but sports as whole is a part of who many people are. You live and die by your team on gameday, how you handle it after that is certainly debatable.

The Steelers have proven nothing this year other than the fact that they are inconsistent and aren't able to get up for every game like the elite teams in the NFL can do.

steelchamp204
12-12-2012, 12:05 PM
What??? :lol: You do realize this is just kind of a what the **** head scratching team this is right?

SnakeEyes43
12-12-2012, 12:10 PM
I'd say probably the fans, considering the Steelers have at least proven capable of beating good teams this season, whereas lots of fans don't even know how to handle a loss. I'd also venture that those who handle losses the worst don't have much to define their personalities beyond their Steelers fandom

:whatever:

OldSchool58
12-12-2012, 12:18 PM
I've missed exactly 6 days of work in 28 years of running heavy equipment and laying pipe. I've worked holidays, worked sick with the flu, worked with broken ribs, a broken arm, kidney stones, went to work 3 days after back surgery.............
Never once did I have the privilage of being placed on injured reserve. And I did all of this to put food on the table for my wife and kids, making a shitload less than anyone on the Steelers roster.

Nah, it ain't the fans that are soft.

LatrobePA
12-12-2012, 12:37 PM
I've missed exactly 6 days of work in 28 years of running heavy equipment and laying pipe. I've worked holidays, worked sick with the flu, worked with broken ribs, a broken arm, kidney stones, went to work 3 days after back surgery.............
Never once did I have the privilage of being placed on injured reserve. And I did all of this to put food on the table for my wife and kids, making a shitload less than anyone on the Steelers roster.

Good stuff...

steelchamp204
12-12-2012, 01:37 PM

:clap:

steelers75
12-12-2012, 03:05 PM
A lot of fans have been acting like they're on their periods, so definitely the fans.

RIVERS OF STEEL
12-12-2012, 04:45 PM
Defining my personality since... (let's just say a long time ago).

terrible.towel43
12-12-2012, 04:52 PM
whats the point of this thread?

What fan base doesn't get upset when the team underachieves? Which ever one it is, I don't want to be apart of it....

terrible.towel43
12-12-2012, 04:57 PM
Add to that, how are the fans supposed to react in your opinion? Should we all dance around like were king **** because we beat the a couple slightly above average teams?
"we lost to the titans, browns, raiders, and chargers and were in jeopardy of missing the playoffs, but its ok cause we beat the ravens!!!!!"

get real

Raleigh Steel
12-12-2012, 05:48 PM
Fans invest a lot of time, money, energy, and emotion watching their team play. And if their team plays well below expectations and get pissed off about it...THAT AIN'T BEING SOFT...it's being human!

ChucktownSteeler
12-12-2012, 06:23 PM

Nice post

ChucktownSteeler
12-12-2012, 06:27 PM
I have given this some thought before and we all know that Steeler nation is well represented across the U.S.A. (and the globe for that matter). I have seen many games in person at "Three Rivers", but none in person at "Heintz Field.

My question is: "Do the Steelers get better fan support on the road than at home"?. Man it seems watching on TV the stands are not full until midway first quarter and empty pretty quick in the last quarter at Heintz. man, if I was ever lucky enough to score tickets I would watch the full 6o minutes then some.

Clevelandsux
12-12-2012, 07:40 PM
why do people attack fans when the team hasnt been playing well? We're bandwagoners, spoiled etc.I paid $150.00 for a ticket in Cleveland dawgpound to watch the Steelers turn the ball over 8 times and lose! I just paid $135.00 for a big ben throwback jersey. But i'm not supposed to be pissed when we play like ****! We invest alot of time and money to follow our team. No there is nothing we can do about it, but doesn't mean we can't complain when things arent going well. Where is our moderators, they need to delete these idiotic threads. Get tired of hearing about "holier than thou fans".

When the Steelers score i jump up and down and go "hell yeah". I don't just slightly clap.

Clevelandsux
12-12-2012, 07:44 PM
I'd say probably the fans, considering the Steelers have at least proven capable of beating good teams this season, whereas lots of fans don't even know how to handle a loss. I'd also venture that those who handle losses the worst don't have much to define their personalities beyond their Steelers fandom.

mr. you're a better man than i.

chisteeler
12-12-2012, 08:43 PM
[QUOTE=OldSchool58;527435]I've missed exactly 6 days of work in 28 years of running heavy equipment and laying pipe. I've worked holidays, worked sick with the flu, worked with broken ribs, a broken arm, kidney stones, went to work 3 days after back surgery.............

Good to see that you were able to get a little leisure time while on the job...lol. Just kidding. Congrats to you. Too bad more people aren't as responsible or dedicated. Keep on keeping on.

igor0190
12-12-2012, 08:52 PM
A little disappointed when I watch the games on TV to see nobody in the seats at Heinz Field when it starts to rain. I guess it's like that at every outdoor stadium, but still.

SuperSteelers
12-12-2012, 10:21 PM

eeeh not too bad, I have had just about the exact same injuries and the only difference is it has all happened while in the line of duty serving 20 years 8 days in the military or while deployed in several combat zones.

I gave my life to protecting this nation so that fans had the freedom to watch football while I missed countless games.

terrible.towel43
12-12-2012, 10:45 PM
eeeh not too bad, I have had just about the exact same injuries and the only difference is it has all happened while in the line of duty serving 20 years 8 days in the military or while deployed in several combat zones.

I gave my life to protecting this nation so that fans had the freedom to watch football while I missed countless games.

and congrats to you but why turn this thread into a whatever you can do I can do better? This isn't about who's the most macho, and who's goes through the most adversity. He makes a solid point in his post

RIVERS OF STEEL
12-12-2012, 10:51 PM
You should try a poll.

SuperSteelers
12-12-2012, 11:30 PM
and congrats to you but why turn this thread into a whatever you can do I can do better? This isn't about who's the most macho, and who's goes through the most adversity. He makes a solid point in his post

Exactly bro, you made my point.

steelchamp204
12-13-2012, 12:21 AM
Next time we lose I will just pack a bowl and listen to bob marley and be happy with the Steelers. That way I dont have personal issues to other fans of this team. Happy happy joy joy.

River Rat
12-13-2012, 07:21 PM
This team just does not seem motivated on a constant basis. As for the fans .....Steeler fans are passionate about their team and are not afraid to show it. We just want theTeam to play with that same passion. This year they have not done that in every game. Who or what the problem is up for discussion. That why there are sites like this.

Clevelandsux
12-13-2012, 07:21 PM
to me if you don't get pissed when they play like ****, youre a casual fan, not a diehard.

River Rat
12-13-2012, 07:28 PM
No argument there. Especially when you know that they are better than that.