PDA

View Full Version : Mendenhall suspended 1 game

NeilPatrickBanana
12-11-2012, 07:23 PM
conduct detrimental to the team

LASVEGASGUY
12-11-2012, 07:26 PM
conduct detrimental to the team

Suspend a guy who has been inactive for 2 games? Doesn't make much sense.

Big T
12-11-2012, 07:28 PM

He won't count against the 53. Baron Batch has been activated off the Practice Squad.

NeilPatrickBanana
12-11-2012, 07:31 PM

sure it does...

1. Be inactive for 2 games
2. Do something stupid because of it
3. Get suspended for conduct detrimental

LASVEGASGUY
12-11-2012, 07:34 PM
sure it does...

1. Be inactive for 2 games
2. Do something stupid because of it
3. Get suspended for conduct detrimental

Well let's see he is obviously in someone's doghouse. If you don't plan to use him and he isn't going to be resigned why not just waive his *** now and stop with the shananigans? Now that would be a move that might wake this team up from it's 4 month slumber. Make Mendy the sacrificial lamb and let everyone know they have been officially put on notice.

I would even consider benching Ben for his **** poor play. Someone needs to get into that prima donna's head too. It appears he is still crying over Brucie. This Cowboy game means absolutely **** so why not use it as an opportunity to **** with the team a little. The most important game is the Bengals at home and the Browns. Win those two and you are in regardless of the Cowboys.

For Tomlin this **** needs to get real right now. Become a boss or step the **** aside.

scudmissile29
12-11-2012, 07:37 PM
mendy's gone at the end of the yer then lol

Black@Gold Forever32
12-11-2012, 07:39 PM
I agree suspending him for one game doesn't make sense....Just cut him now since its obvious he isn't in their future plans and really a change is the in the best interest for both Mendenhall/Steelers..........

NeilPatrickBanana
12-11-2012, 07:40 PM
Well let's see he is obviously in someone's doghouse. If you don't plan to use him and he isn't going to be resigned why not just waive his *** now and stop with the shananigans? Now that would be a move that might wake this team up from it's 4 month slumber. Make Mendy the sacrificial lamb and let everyone know they have been officially put on notice.

maybe because he'd get picked up by a team you'd potentially be facing in the post season

what is it, amateur hour?

Big T
12-11-2012, 07:41 PM
@EdBouchette: #Steelers suspended Mendenhall bec after they told him he wd not dress vs. Chargers, he did not show up at Heinz Field, source says.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-11-2012, 07:45 PM
maybe because he'd get picked up by a team you'd potentially be facing in the post season

The Texans are not picking him up....They're ok at RB with Foster, Tate, Forsett.......The Pats running game has improved greatly with Ridley this year......Plus Belichick still works in Woodhead and Vereen........I guess Denver could pick him up but Moreno has shown some life these last few weeks and they have a young RB in Ronnie Hillman.......The Rats wouldn't want Mendenhall since they have Rice/Pierce........

I guess the Colts and Bengals could sign Rashard.....But the only way the Steelers would see either of them in the post-season is in the AFC title game........

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-11-2012, 07:47 PM
Suspend Ben ?? you cant be serious He had a bad game while trying to run for his life,yep makes sense just suspend him.. I guess the Falcons and Texans should suspend their qb's also ?? where do these people come from??

scudmissile29
12-11-2012, 07:47 PM
someone club mendenhall in the back of the head.

his time as a Steeler is over.

What a ****** pick, wish ray lewis ended his career back in 2008, from then on I knew this punk was a pussy

Goodfrom55
12-11-2012, 07:49 PM
Looks like his time is over in Pittsburgh. I'll call Father Bill.

Sad ending to what I thought would be a promising career in Pittsburgh.

LatrobePA
12-11-2012, 07:49 PM
@EdBouchette: #Steelers suspended Mendenhall bec after they told him he wd not dress vs. Chargers, he did not show up at Heinz Field, source says.

Lol Mendy is a joke! But is Tomlin being a little too pissy??

jpele
12-11-2012, 08:09 PM

If your boss tells you there's no work tomorrow but to still show up and you stay home, what happens?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

LatrobePA
12-11-2012, 08:10 PM
If your boss tells you there's no work tomorrow but to still show up and you stay home, what happens?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Before this, I get the suspension.

Big T
12-11-2012, 08:11 PM

Possibly. Is not standing on the sideline in sweats really detrimental to the team? I mean, I get it, but it's not conduct detrimental to the team lol.

ChucktownSteeler
12-11-2012, 08:13 PM
Cutting him would be stupid. Let him sign elsewhere after the season and get a comp. pick.

LASVEGASGUY
12-11-2012, 08:17 PM

Did you seriously just use that as an argument. We are worried about a guy who has been benched for 2 games and suspended for 1 coming back to haunt us. If he is good enough to get picked up by another team and tear us a new one in the possible playoffs then why is he sitting?

I'm telling you...........this coach seriously has a screw loose if he is thinking like that.

LASVEGASGUY
12-11-2012, 08:20 PM
Suspend Ben ?? you cant be serious He had a bad game while trying to run for his life,yep makes sense just suspend him.. I guess the Falcons and Texans should suspend their qb's also ?? where do these people come from??

Maybe he is running for his life because he doesn't go through his progressions and he certainly doesn't take what the defense is giving him. Only Tomlin and Haley would know if he is doing that. If he is clearly not taking what the defense is giving him, then yes, bench his *** as a wake up call to stop looking long every ****ing play.

pghcityofchamps
12-11-2012, 08:24 PM
Oh, he didn't show up Sunday? I thought the team exchanged Xmas gifts and he bought Tomlin a calculator. Whoops!

LatrobePA
12-11-2012, 08:25 PM
Possibly. Is not standing on the sideline in sweats really detrimental to the team? I mean, I get it, but it's not conduct detrimental to the team lol.

We all watched the game, he didn't miss much! lol

penguins&steelers
12-11-2012, 08:38 PM
All you defending Mendy for not showing up? The guy is still making millions of dollars. He should still be supportive of the team.

terrible.towel43
12-11-2012, 08:53 PM
The suggestion of suspending Ben for last weeks performance could quite possibly be the most idiotic thing I've ever read on this board.

NorCalSteel
12-11-2012, 08:55 PM
The suggestion of suspending Ben for last weeks performance could quite possibly be the most idiotic thing I've ever read on this board.
I agree 100% that was pretty stupid..I wonder if Tomlin is loosing this team with stuff like this going on??

Big T
12-11-2012, 08:55 PM
All you defending Mendy for not showing up? The guy is still making millions of dollars. He should still be supportive of the team.

No one is defending him. It was selfish, childish and worthy of a suspension... I just think "conduct detrimental to the team" is taking it a bit far. Maybe I'm just taking it too literally.

Big T
12-11-2012, 08:56 PM

Don't know about the most idiotic (*cough* Flame *cough*), but it's up there.

SnakeEyes43
12-11-2012, 08:57 PM
His actions deserve suspension. Show up spin-boy!

teeceemadison
12-11-2012, 09:05 PM
Maybe he is running for his life because he doesn't go through his progressions and he certainly doesn't take what the defense is giving him. Only Tomlin and Haley would know if he is doing that. If he is clearly not taking what the defense is giving him, then yes, bench his *** as a wake up call to stop looking long every ****ing play.

ive seen more dink and dunk this year than any time in all my years of watching the steelers.....im not seeing him go deep more than maybe, MAYBE once a game...

NeilPatrickBanana
12-11-2012, 09:05 PM

being openly defiant to the coaching staff is definitely conduct detrimental to the team...

NeilPatrickBanana
12-11-2012, 09:07 PM
Did you seriously just use that as an argument. We are worried about a guy who has been benched for 2 games and suspended for 1 coming back to haunt us. If he is good enough to get picked up by another team and tear us a new one in the possible playoffs then why is he sitting?

I'm telling you...........this coach seriously has a screw loose if he is thinking like that.

He knows the entire playbook idiot

LevonKirkland99
12-11-2012, 09:07 PM
I just don't get Tomlin in this case....if he didn't want Mendy as a started, then why go through all the barrage of blenching RBs due to fumbles ?

I am really concerned that Tomlin has lost the pulse of this team.

Also how is Mendenhall going to sign with another team is he is currently suspended? Is this even possible...

For some of you ( coughFlamecough) that want to wish Mendy harm, this is totally garbage. As long as they are Steelers, they demand respect from fans...

SnakeEyes43
12-11-2012, 09:08 PM

If Mendy goes unpunished for this, what kind of message would that send to other players though?

NeilPatrickBanana
12-11-2012, 09:08 PM

insubordination that goes unpunished is definitely detrimental to the team

Black@Gold Forever32
12-11-2012, 09:09 PM
If somebody wants Ben to be suspended for a game for poor play against the Chargers then you might as well and suspend the whole freaking team.....The entire team sucked against the Chargers......Really if you couldn't tell Ben didn't have time in the pocket watching the game then I say you better watch the game again.....Plus when Ben did get time to throw his WR's dropped the freaking ball......

LatrobePA
12-11-2012, 09:14 PM
Mendy is hated inside the locker room. I'd be shocked if he doesn't get the old pillowcase & bar of soap treatment soon.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-11-2012, 09:18 PM
Mendy is hated inside the locker room. I'd be shocked if he doesn't get the old pillowcase & bar of soap treatment soon.

"Private Pyle you climb obstacles like old people ****".....lol sorry couldn't help myself after you posted that....lol

Clevelandsux
12-11-2012, 09:27 PM

I would even consider benching Ben for his **** poor play. Someone needs to get into that prima donna's head too. It appears he is still crying over Brucie. This Cowboy game means absolutely **** so why not use it as an opportunity to **** with the team a little. The most important game is the Bengals at home and the Browns. Win those two and you are in regardless of the Cowboys.

For Tomlin this **** needs to get real right now. Become a boss or step the **** aside.

suspend ben? get real dude.

Goodfrom55
12-11-2012, 09:29 PM
I was pretty high on the guy, but I guess there is no turning back, at least not likely. Hopefully he finishes his time with the Steelers with some class and dignity. Hasn't been all bad, but been pretty disruptive lately. If he is hated in the locker room by the players and Tomlin didn't do this, then Tomlin would have likely lost the locker room. As a head coach, once that happens, you're done.

This team doesn't need any distractions; they have a playoff push to make.

Clevelandsux
12-11-2012, 09:31 PM
First of all, why has tomlin not having Mendenhall dressed? Ok yes he fumbled twice vs the Browns. But I think it more than that.

LatrobePA
12-11-2012, 09:31 PM
"Private Pyle you climb obstacles like old people ****".....lol sorry couldn't help myself after you posted that....lol

Classic!

LatrobePA
12-11-2012, 09:32 PM
First of all, why has tomlin not having Mendenhall dressed? Ok yes he fumbled twice vs the Browns. But I think it more than that.

Rumored he laid wood to Tomlin's wife and fumbled the rubber now she's prego!

Goodfrom55
12-11-2012, 09:33 PM

I get the feeling that SOMETIMES, Tomlin takes things a little personal with his team and that has influenced some recent decision making. . .just my opinion.

Ambridge
12-11-2012, 09:35 PM
"Spindarella" can take his fumbling skills to some other team at the end of the season.
At least he has extra time to spend on Twitter making stupid comments.

Big T
12-11-2012, 09:37 PM
No one is defending him. It was selfish, childish and worthy of a suspension... I just think "conduct detrimental to the team" is taking it a bit far. Maybe I'm just taking it too literally.

Just thought I'd quote myself for those who were thinking my previous comment meant I don't believe he deserved a suspension...

LASVEGASGUY
12-11-2012, 09:43 PM
ive seen more dink and dunk this year than any time in all my years of watching the steelers.....im not seeing him go deep more than maybe, MAYBE once a game...

Fair enough but how long does he seriously expect lineman to hold their blocks? Now take 3 seconds off that time for our lineman.
Either take off, check it down or throw it away. Not rocket science. Brady doesn't need to scramble like a chicken with his head cut off to make a play. The ball is snapped and the ball is thrown. Pretty simple. Why can't we do crap like that?

LASVEGASGUY
12-11-2012, 09:44 PM

If you think like that so does Ben. Nothing will ever change if this guy has no fear of being benched regardless of how poor he plays.

JenZwain
12-11-2012, 09:47 PM
First of all, this isn't a 1 time deal with Mendenhall. He was benched last year, for what Tomlin called a poor effort in practice. He comes back this year, has a so/so game against Philly and then has done nothing since then. Tomlin has several times defended Mendenhall as "his lead dog".... But then Mendenhall started the fumbling and also his practice effort went to ****. Tomlin benched him 2 games and then Mendenhall rubbed Tomlin's nose in it, and that was the last straw. Tomlin suspended him. Attitude of a player can effect a locker room.

Mendenhall may have had a chance to come back and really put a few strong games together as a segway to the off season and help him with a new contract. But he's not helping himself at this point.

He fumbles, he runs soft, runs dumb (not getting out of bounds when we needed to stop the clock) and honestly he hasnt shown any elite breakaway speed accept for once against Atlanta.

It's time for the Steelers to move on and bring in some RB's that are hungry and wanna win. Either via draft or free agency.

Mendenhall is a Illinois spoiled brat with a ****** attitude. Thats my opinion of him after his twitter crap and they way he's responded to Tomlin.

connecticutsteel
12-11-2012, 09:51 PM

Ben is no prima donna and he never whined about BA leaving all he said was it's not abig strike offense which it clearly isn't.by the way every game is important because of tie breakers if the ravens lose all of there game we can still win the division .
brady can't make a play if he's under pressure ben can give me ben any day.plus belicheck and brady haven't won **** since they got caught taping there opponants practices

NeilPatrickBanana
12-11-2012, 10:21 PM
If you think like that so does Ben. Nothing will ever change if this guy has no fear of being benched regardless of how poor he plays.

what????
playing with the fear that any mistake you make could get you benched, is pretty much the worst way to handle a QB... I can't help but think that you aren't being serious... and that all the dumb as rocks statements you make are like a big joke that I'm not in on.

NeilPatrickBanana
12-11-2012, 10:24 PM
Ben is no prima donna and he never whined about BA leaving all he said was it's not abig strike offense which it clearly isn't.by the way every game is important because of tie breakers if the ravens lose all of there game we can still win the division .
brady can't make a play if he's under pressure ben can give me ben any day.plus belicheck and brady haven't won **** since they got caught taping there opponants practices

Brady can make a quicker decision, read a defense quicker/better, and is far more accurate down the field... Ben and Brady have different skills that make them great QBs. Brady makes throws/decisions that Ben is simply not capable of making. Meanwhile, Ben makes plays out of nothing that Brady will never be able to make.

LatrobePA
12-11-2012, 10:34 PM
Brady may go down in history as the best QB to of ever played the game! Now hand me a towel so I can wipe mouth!

Watching Brady play is like watching a fine tuned sports car ripping down the freeway! Ben is like watching a 1987 Jeep wrangler in a mud bog!! Both awesome but also both very different!

TarlsQtr
12-11-2012, 10:59 PM
If somebody wants Ben to be suspended for a game for poor play against the Chargers then you might as well and suspend the whole freaking team.....The entire team sucked against the Chargers......Really if you couldn't tell Ben didn't have time in the pocket watching the game then I say you better watch the game again.....Plus when Ben did get time to throw his WR's dropped the freaking ball......

Exactly. And after the Browns game, no one would have been there to play the Ravens...

TarlsQtr
12-11-2012, 11:05 PM
I agree suspending him for one game doesn't make sense....Just cut him now since its obvious he isn't in their future plans and really a change is the in the best interest for both Mendenhall/Steelers..........

Why not? It is not like injuries to Dwyer and Redman in the next three weeks is out of the realm of possibility. Then what? Please do not tell me Rainey or B. Batch. Neither are ready for a playoff game.

Sit him one game and hope he plays like a professional for the remainder of the season. Then let him go and draft a RB because neither Redman nor Dwyer are NFL quality feature backs.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-11-2012, 11:22 PM
Why not? It is not like injuries to Dwyer and Redman in the next three weeks is out of the realm of possibility. Then what? Please do not tell me Rainey or B. Batch. Neither are ready for a playoff game.

Sit him one game and hope he plays like a professional for the remainder of the season. Then let him go and draft a RB because neither Redman nor Dwyer are NFL quality feature backs.

You keep bringing up that young players are not ready....You were making the same arguments about drafting a young QB.....These players have to take the training wheels off at some point.......Trust me I don't want Rainey or Batch to start at RB.....But none of these RB's have proven to be the starter all season (including Mendenahll).......I think its clear that Rashard doesn't want to be a Steeler anymore....He didn't even show to Heinz on Sunday....lol You really would trust Mendenahall if he had to play in the play-offs?.......I don't think his heart would be in it and I see no point to keep him especially if he isn't in their long term plans......A change really is best for both Mendenhall and the Steelers......I don't have no bad feelings toward Rashard and I wish him the best going forward....

Goodfrom55
12-11-2012, 11:27 PM
Let's get LeGarrette Blount from Tampa (no idea how to spell his name) for a 2nd round pick. Too high? We always **** the bed with our 2nd round pick anyway, so what's the difference?

SuperSteelers
12-11-2012, 11:38 PM

This^

K Train
12-11-2012, 11:39 PM
blount offers nothing in the passing game as a receiver or blocker, hes got a ****** attitude, and theres a reason they drafted dwyer late the same year blount went undrafted hes better.

shame about mendenhall, had high hopes but hopefully they can get something going on te ground with decastro coming in and hopefully adams coming back

Omicron
12-11-2012, 11:43 PM

From Ohio, the armpit of America.
:)
J/k

Black@Gold Forever32
12-11-2012, 11:43 PM
blount offers nothing in the passing game as a receiver or blocker, hes got a ****** attitude, and theres a reason they drafted dwyer late the same year blount went undrafted hes better.

shame about mendenhall, had high hopes but hopefully they can get something going on te ground with decastro coming in and hopefully adams coming back

Doug Martin also has taking the goal line carries away from Blount.......I'm with you on Blount.....

Omicron
12-11-2012, 11:46 PM
Brady can make a quicker decision, read a defense quicker/better, and is far more accurate down the field... Ben and Brady have different skills that make them great QBs. Brady makes throws/decisions that Ben is simply not capable of making. Meanwhile, Ben makes plays out of nothing that Brady will never be able to make.

+1 there have been several games back when the Jets were good and were constantly Brady's face through the o-line. He became very pedestrian once he was running around not according to plan.

Goodfrom55
12-12-2012, 12:03 AM
Whoops! Was not aware Blount was also a problem child - withdrawn.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-12-2012, 12:36 AM

It was the main reason he wasn't even drafted......

LatrobePA
12-12-2012, 12:37 AM

All he did was sucker punch some poor bastard! Mendy sides with terrorists.. lol

Danger DANJ
12-12-2012, 01:05 AM
I love how everyone says Mendy sides with terrorists. He never once said that. He just thinks 9/11 was a conspiracy or some crap.

At this point Mendy is definitely not going to be here next year but I still believe he's the best overall back on the team. He's faster by far and can catch and block. If Dwyer could gain some speed I'd love him as our starter but I don't see that happening. With the way the line has been, it doesn't matter who is running the ball.

I don't know why Mendy has been sidelined lately but I guarantee it's not just because a couple fumbles. He clearly has some issues. That's too bad.

elephantman
12-12-2012, 01:15 AM
[QUOTE=Danger DANJ;527317]I love how everyone says Mendy sides with terrorists. He never once said that. He just thinks 9/11 was a conspiracy or some crap.

^ agree he said about 911 ,that those 3 towers dont fall like that from jet fuel, especially when only 2 were hit by planes lol, which is true. love that he said it, but was Stupid, like S Holmes tweetin 'wake and bake' ...these boys 'is' stupid

elephantman
12-12-2012, 01:18 AM
All you defending Mendy for not showing up? The guy is still making millions of dollars. .

He's not making Millions

steelchamp204
12-12-2012, 01:19 AM
Any way we pick up Lattimore if he drops to 2nd? 3rd round?

Black@Gold Forever32
12-12-2012, 01:22 AM
I love how everyone says Mendy sides with terrorists. He never once said that. He just thinks 9/11 was a conspiracy or some crap.

At this point Mendy is definitely not going to be here next year but I still believe he's the best overall back on the team. He's faster by far and can catch and block. If Dwyer could gain some speed I'd love him as our starter but I don't see that happening. With the way the line has been, it doesn't matter who is running the ball.

I don't know why Mendy has been sidelined lately but I guarantee it's not just because a couple fumbles. He clearly has some issues. That's too bad.

Rashard did say also he don't know anybody could cheer the death of somebody they never met (referring to Bin Laden being killed)..............But I don't look at that as siding with terrorists but that isn't a smart thing to say either.....

Destossel
12-12-2012, 03:29 AM
Im guessing that Mendy gets paid when he is inactive ? He did not show up so Tomlin said fine.....stay home and we will keep your pay now.

You dont cut him bc he is a first rounder and you could in theory get comped for him. Who the hell would want Spinthenfall is beyond me though.

Tomlins drafts are not panning out. The Cowher era players are all just about gone now. We are now living with the fruits ( or lack thereof) of recent drafts.

**** on Mendenhall. He has poor football skills and poor life skills. Good luck finding a job that pays $41,000 for one day. Thats like hitting the lottery for mere mortal men.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-12-2012, 09:25 AM
Mendy is a free agent next year, he's just going to walk away and that will be that. The writing has been on the wall for years with him, he has been and continues to be overrated. I'm so tired of all the "Mendenhall is such a complete back, blah blah blah". The guy has been nothing but inconsistent his entire career. Just look at his game stats, they tell the tale completely.

It's not all about the offensive line either, plenty of backs in the NFL have to deal with sub part blocking but if you're elite then you find a way to make something out of nothing. Dwyer and Redman do it all the time, and they aren't even in elite status compared to other RB's in the league.

chisteeler
12-12-2012, 09:28 AM

"Everybody hates me Joker, I can't do anything right."

ANTDREWJOSH
12-12-2012, 09:45 AM
Have no problem with letting him go. Sometimes things just dont work out. Why we didnt utilize Mendy out of the backfield more will always bother me though. Swing passes with Mendy one on one with linebackers should have been a staple of this offense while he was here.

Real Deal Steel
12-12-2012, 10:54 AM
Mendy is a free agent next year, he's just going to walk away and that will be that. The writing has been on the wall for years with him, he has been and continues to be overrated. I'm so tired of all the "Mendenhall is such a complete back, blah blah blah". The guy has been nothing but inconsistent his entire career. Just look at his game stats, they tell the tale completely.

It's not all about the offensive line either, plenty of backs in the NFL have to deal with sub part blocking but if you're elite then you find a way to make something out of nothing. Dwyer and Redman do it all the time, and they aren't even in elite status compared to other RB's in the league.

THANK YOU BLITZ!!!

All the Mendy lovers can be quite now. Nothing to see here anymore. We just need to hold on to him, let him go in free agency and get a nice compensation pick for him.

cmerrifield
12-12-2012, 11:01 AM
THANK YOU BLITZ!!!

All the Mendy lovers can be quite now. Nothing to see here anymore. We just need to hold on to him, let him go in free agency and get a nice compensation pick for him.

If he is SOOOO terrible, we wont get a nice pick for him, it will be a seventh. So which is it? Comp picks are based on performance. He has 3500 yards rushing, 700 yards receiving and 4.1 yards a carry with 29 touchdowns. Yes, he is absolutely horrible. In fact he even fumbles once every 100 carries. That is terrible too. I am so glad we are going to let him walk. He just is the worst RB in the history of the NFL. We need a back like Parker who fumbled every 75 carries and averaged 4.3 yards, that .2 yards is a HUGE difference.

Real Deal Steel
12-12-2012, 11:06 AM
We will get a decent pick for him.

Mendy is terrible enough that the front office won't want him back. Take your argument up with him. If he was as good as you were saying he'd be retained. It's that simple my friend. Deal with it.

Real Deal Steel
12-12-2012, 11:08 AM
You Mendy lovers just don't get it. You act like what I"m saying is only opinion. It's fact!!!

The front office has decided these things..I was just the pre-messenger of this. Don't get mad at me for being right...again.

cmerrifield
12-12-2012, 11:13 AM
Ok the formula for comp picks is this: how many games the FA started for the team the year before and their performance. Then the number of games started for the new team and his performance, so if Mendy is terrible, then it will be a 7th. The front office may let him go, but the also let Woodson, go and many LB's, Faneca go too. Were they all terrible? I presented facts with his stats. You are presenting opinions at this point. He is still a Steeler and nobody has said they won't resign him.

sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk 2

NeilPatrickBanana
12-12-2012, 11:34 AM
We will get a decent pick for him.

Mendy is terrible enough that the front office won't want him back. Take your argument up with him. If he was as good as you were saying he'd be retained. It's that simple my friend. Deal with it.

The comp pick probably won't be very good because of his starts/stats this year, the fact that he won't get a big contract, and the potential offset of any signings the steelers make.

Real Deal Steel
12-12-2012, 12:33 PM
Maybe.

Big T
12-12-2012, 11:09 PM
Just a reminder to all those who claim Mendenhall to be a bust or to be terrible... He had his issues at times, but the man has a ton of talent. Unfortunately it didn't work out here. I wish him luck wherever he ends up.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=quTORtT85ZU

Stone
12-12-2012, 11:30 PM

I'd be willing to bet that it's an issue of how contracts read. There are so many things in a contract that govern how a team deals with a particular player, it's mind boggling.

The boy ain't so bright!

LevonKirkland99
12-13-2012, 12:19 AM
Tomlin is mishandling this whole team...benching RBs for fumbling...is Tomlin the right coach at this time? hell No!!

steelchamp204
12-13-2012, 01:26 AM
Tomlin is mishandling this whole team...benching RBs for fumbling...is Tomlin the right coach at this time? hell No!!

Werent we calling out Tomlin for being a soft coach and not disciplining his players earlier in the year. Now all of a sudden, Mendy gets benched for a horrible game, 2 fumbles on 4 carries. Now all of a sudden, Tomlin is mishandling this team. For ****s sakes, damned if you do, damned if you dont.

jnes1216
12-13-2012, 03:20 AM
Just a reminder to all those who claim Mendenhall to be a bust or to be terrible... He had his issues at times, but the man has a ton of talent. Unfortunately it didn't work out here. I wish him luck wherever he ends up.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=quTORtT85ZU

Probably end up in Pittsburgh south = Arizona lol!

steelchamp204
12-13-2012, 04:00 AM
Probably end up in Pittsburgh south = Arizona lol!

Either AZ or Indy. There is a really good chance.

Rhyno
12-13-2012, 09:50 AM

Thanks for posting this. I can't believe people are calling him a "bust", or "terrible." I am not a fan of his running style or his attitude, but there is no denying that the guy has lots of talent and has been a good starting NFL running back. I am pretty certain that he will not be with the team next year, but I would not be surprised at all if he has a ton of success with his next team. Honestly, I would not be surprised if he is still with the Steelers next year. Nothing that happens in the NFL really surprises me anymore.

Real Deal Steel
12-13-2012, 11:16 AM
I'm not saying the guy doesn't have talent. Because he does. But he's negatives (doesn't hit the hole; dances too much; doesn't run through arm tackles; fumbles and fumbles doing unnecessary spin moves) override his talent.

cmerrifield
12-13-2012, 11:52 AM
I'm not saying the guy doesn't have talent. Because he does. But he's negatives (doesn't hit the hole; dances too much; doesn't run through arm tackles; fumbles and fumbles doing unnecessary spin moves) override his talent.

He fumbles less than AP, MJD, Bradshaw, CJ2K. He is not a fumbler, check the stats. You cannot just decide that he is fumbler because he did in the Super Bowl. He fumbles once every 100 carries. That is actually pretty good for a RB.

Real Deal Steel
12-13-2012, 01:29 PM
It's also WHEN he fumbles too. So...out of all those things I said, you singled out the fumbling issue to debate? Hahaha.
Well, I tell you what? You can point that out to the GM of the next team that he's on. You'd make a good agent.

steelchamp204
12-13-2012, 01:32 PM
Its not just the fumbles, it is lowering the shoulder to get a few extra yards instead of going out of bounds, it is off the field publicity that he created on his own with some of his stupid statements. Getting pissed when he is inactive and not show up at the game. He needs a fresh start somewhere else and we need a franchise rb now.

Stone
12-13-2012, 01:33 PM
Its not just the fumbles, it is lowering the shoulder to get a few extra yards instead of going out of bounds, it is off the field publicity that he created on his own with some of his stupid statements. Getting pissed when he is inactive and not show up at the game. He needs a fresh start somewhere else and we need a franchise rb now.

This and you simply can't count on him for that 3rd and 1

steelchamp204
12-13-2012, 01:38 PM
Ray Lewis stole his manhood, it is tough to accept, it was the truth lol. Ill never forget that hit.

LatrobePA
12-13-2012, 09:04 PM
Too bad Mendy couldn't of suspended Tomlin too!

Goodfrom55
12-13-2012, 09:08 PM
He needs a fresh start somewhere else and we need a franchise rb now.

Agreed. Trying to move forward with Dwyer and Redman is comparable to the Steelers trying to win with Frank Pollard and Walter Abecrombie - serviceable, but not franchise RB's.