PDA

View Full Version : PSN Article: Why Players Should be booed for poor performance

SteelCityVoice
12-11-2012, 06:14 PM
My latest article for Pittsburgh Sporting News.

http://www.pittsburghsportingnews.com/why-players-should-be-booed-for-poor-performance/

scudmissile29
12-11-2012, 06:54 PM
I agree with you.

But be prepared to be slayed around here!

Black@Gold Forever32
12-11-2012, 07:03 PM
I don't care if players are booed and I don't care if people are critical of the team or players.....But I do hate when Wallace does make a mistake he is the antichrist but when Brown makes a mistake there is barely a peep....lol Brown dropped passes as well against the Chargers, then foolishly didn't boot the ball out of the bounds for a safety and gave the Chargers a TD in the end zone......Then when Wallace did finally make plays the bitch was it was in garbage time which was true but Brown also had a TD in garbage time (4 career receiving TD's now for our so called number 1 WR)....so glad Brown is going to get paid close to 7 million per season with that type of production......

SteelCityVoice
12-11-2012, 07:17 PM
The Young Money Crew's level of play has been worth a roll of pennies lately.

Big T
12-11-2012, 07:19 PM
I don't care if players are booed and I don't care if people are critical of the team or players.....But I do hate when Wallace does make a mistake he is the antichrist but when Brown makes a mistake there is barely a peep....lol Brown dropped passes as well against the Chargers, then foolishly didn't boot the ball out of the bounds for a safety and gave the Chargers a TD in the end zone......Then when Wallace did finally make plays the bitch was it was in garbage time which was true but Brown also had a TD in garbage time (4 career receiving TD's now for our so called number 1 WR)....so glad Brown is going to get paid close to 7 million per season with that type of production......

8.5 million a year actually...

Black@Gold Forever32
12-11-2012, 07:25 PM
8.5 million a year actually...

I thought Brown received 42 million over 6 years but damn 8.5 is even worse for a good number 2 WR....I understand he has value as a return man but even so that money should have went to Mike Wallace.......Wallace drives me nuts to at times but 32 career TD's in his career is damn good and the fact he opens so many things up for the other WR's......But if Wallace isn't back next year its ok since we have Brown, Sanders, and Cotchery.....lol

Big T
12-11-2012, 07:30 PM
I thought Brown received 42 million over 6 years but damn 8.5 is even worse for a good number 2 WR....I understand he has value as a return man but even so that money should have went to Mike Wallace.......Wallace drives me nuts to at times but 32 career TD's in his career is damn good and the fact he opens so many things up for the other WR's......But if Wallace isn't back next year its ok since we have Brown, Sanders, and Cotchery.....lol

It was a 5 year 42.5 mil contract. I'm right there with you. I love him as a #2 receiver, but 8.5 mil a year?

cmerrifield
12-11-2012, 07:36 PM
He made 540 k this year plus his 8.5 million signing bonus. Next year he makes 5 million and after that it goes up to 8.

sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk 2

LatrobePA
12-11-2012, 07:52 PM
NFL = entertainment, if our entertainment is lacking we as fans should be able to voice our displeasure!

Booooo the F out of Wallace, I mean them!! lol

NorCalSteel
12-11-2012, 09:00 PM

what are you the wall Police? People can say what ever they want about Wallace he is a grown man nobody else can catch the ball for him or make the correct decisions for him. I guess AB has a little more slack because he has played better this year. But a few more games like this he will be right there getting **** with Wallace and then you can cry that we are not including Sanders or whoever...

Black@Gold Forever32
12-11-2012, 09:15 PM
what are you the wall Police? People can say what ever they want about Wallace he is a grown man nobody else can catch the ball for him or make the correct decisions for him. I guess AB has a little more slack because he has played better this year. But a few more games like this he will be right there getting **** with Wallace and then you can cry that we are not including Sanders or whoever...

AB has played better?....WTF are you talking about?.....Yea AB has been awesome this year....lol After getting a contract extension......AB finally found the endzone Sunday against the Chargers....A whole ****ing 4 career receiving TD's now for our so called number 1 WR.....lol Brown hasn't even posted a 100 yard game this year receiving.......Yea he has out played Wallace.....Brown has had drops, fumble against the Raiders, giving the Chargers a TD instead of booting the ball out of bounds for a safety.....

No I'm not the wall ****ing police and I'm not crying....Just pointing how some of you are just so quickly to bash Mike Wallace or make him out to be the ****ing antichrist when he makes a mistake but nothing is said about AB when he ****s up and he did get paid.......Money well spent so far....eyes rolling.....

NorCalSteel
12-11-2012, 09:27 PM
Black@gold there is a old saying "It is better to let people just think you are a idiot then to open your mouth and prove it". You however have left no doubt...

Black@Gold Forever32
12-11-2012, 09:30 PM
Black@gold there is a old saying "It is better to let people just think you are a idiot then to open your mouth and prove it". You however have left no doubt...

Yea and your opinion matters to me......lol Like I give a flying **** what you think....Yea you're a ****ing genius in your own right......

Clevelandsux
12-11-2012, 09:34 PM
Wallace has been a distraction on this team. Sitting out training camp, playing half assed all season. Working class fans like in Pittsburgh don't relate to a prima donna. Wallace deserves to be booed.

jpele
12-11-2012, 10:25 PM
Let's see they both make mistakesbut only Wallace gets crapped on, hmmm let me think about this .

Brown can play the receiver position Wallace is fast.
Brown is a team player Wallace is fast
Brown will cross the middle and fight for the ball Wallace is fast.
Brown drops passes he says he needs to work on his game. Wallace drops passes he blames everyone but himself.

I think I may be in to something.

SnakeEyes43
12-11-2012, 10:30 PM
Brown can play the receiver position Wallace is fast.
Brown is a team player Wallace is fast
Brown will cross the middle and fight for the ball Wallace is fast.
Brown drops passes he says he needs to work on his game. Wallace drops passes he blames everyone but himself.

http://s1v2.imgstill.com/files/1/0/0/167/fObsDr7e.gif

Big T
12-11-2012, 10:33 PM
32 TDs to 4... Yet Wallace is the one that can't play WR.

SnakeEyes43
12-11-2012, 10:37 PM
32 TDs to 4... Yet Wallace is the one that can't play WR.

I think Brown runs better routes, has better hands, and fights for the ball. He also is a better team player. He doesn't "lose focus" when he doesn't get the ball every other play. He isn't a quitter. So yes, to me, that makes him a better overall receiver. The TD argument is really all you two ever have. Maybe Brown would get more deep looks/redzone looks if Ben didn't have to worry about Wallace pouting when he doesn't get the ball...

Black@Gold Forever32
12-11-2012, 11:14 PM
I think Brown runs better routes, has better hands, and fights for the ball. He also is a better team player. He doesn't "lose focus" when he doesn't get the ball every other play. He isn't a quitter. So yes, to me, that makes him a better overall receiver. The TD argument is really all you two ever have. Maybe Brown would get more deep looks/redzone looks if Ben didn't have to worry about Wallace pouting when he doesn't get the ball...

32 TD's in almost 4 seasons(still three games to go) is pretty damn good....I don't know how people can ignore the endzone factor with Wallace?....Not all of them are deep passes either......You don't think scoring TD's is important?......Just saying with no Wallace this team is going to need somebody to step up in the TD department next year.......Brown with only 4 career receiving TD's really hasn't shown that he can......As for Brown not losing focus....I think him letting the Chargers pounce on the football in the endzone instead of him simply booting it out of bounds for a safety could be a matter of not focusing....Brown was dropping passes out there as well Sunday.....Again my point is its your right to be critical of Wallace or even boo him....But do the same to Brown when he makes mistakes....I just find it funny that AB has reached untouchable stature with some fans.....

About AB having the better hands and running better routes hasn't led to any 100 yard games this year......Its not like Ben doesn't target him either........Brown is what he is a solid number 2 WR and an over paid number 2 at this point......

Mike Wallace 61 games played and 47 career starts.....230 catches, 3,934 yards, 32 TD's.......Clearly AB is the better WR....eyes rolling.......

steelchamp204
12-12-2012, 01:56 AM

He is talking about Wallace hasnt gotten a chance to even get some slack, all season on these forums, especially Wallace has been the main target, once someone brings up AB's **** poor perfomances people get all bent out of shape about it....Then it tunrs to , aw lets give the guy some slack here, or, we will wait a few more weeks and then boo him..... The target was Wallace way before the season even started.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-12-2012, 01:58 AM
He is talking about Wallace hasnt gotten a chance to even get some slack, all season on these forums, especially Wallace has been the main target, once someone brings up AB's **** poor perfomances people get all bent out of shape about it....Then it tunrs to , aw lets give the guy some slack here, or, we will wait a few more weeks and then boo him..... The target was Wallace way before the season even started.

This.....thanks and well said.......

NorCalSteel
12-12-2012, 07:50 AM
I am not a Wallace only Basher I started a thread about the whole group of young receivers.. With AB out Wallace all but disappeared. With AB out who was number 1 receiver...wasn't #17 . I understand the way you put it..but BG goes out of his way to be ahole to fellow fans so he gets no slack from me..

cmerrifield
12-12-2012, 08:08 AM
Wallace made himself a target by not showing up to camp with a new offensive coordinator. Are fans going to cut him some slack when he skipped camp? some are, most arent. I dont care about the drops per se, I think they are a sign that Wallace isnt giving the Steelers his all because he didnt get his payday and that bothers me. You are still making in one year 2.7 million dollars. And lets be honest. We see huge catches by Megatron or Fitz and I think, well that is why get got paid. Now Wallace wants a deal that is 8% of the entire cap for himself. 8% of the cap cannot make mistakes as often as Wallace does and certainly doesnt blame other people. The same thing is true of AB, not this year, but he cannot take the salary he is going to, this year he only counts as 2 million against the cap, and not find the endzone and not kick the ball out of the end zone, etc.

Number99
12-12-2012, 08:16 AM
All this focus on booing Wallace and Brown and yadda yadda. How about the fact the Rivers lit up the secondary? Where is the outrage and booing for that? But I guess all the style points go to the offense and its all their fault. Ah well.

SnakeEyes43
12-12-2012, 08:23 AM
32 TD's in almost 4 seasons(still three games to go) is pretty damn good....I don't know how people can ignore the endzone factor with Wallace?....Not all of them are deep passes either......You don't think scoring TD's is important?......Just saying with no Wallace this team is going to need somebody to step up in the TD department next year.......Brown with only 4 career receiving TD's really hasn't shown that he can......As for Brown not losing focus....I think him letting the Chargers pounce on the football in the endzone instead of him simply booting it out of bounds for a safety could be a matter of not focusing....Brown was dropping passes out there as well Sunday.....Again my point is its your right to be critical of Wallace or even boo him....But do the same to Brown when he makes mistakes....I just find it funny that AB has reached untouchable stature with some fans.....

Mike Wallace 61 games played and 47 career starts.....230 catches, 3,934 yards, 32 TD's.......Clearly AB is the better WR....eyes rolling.......

I never said TDs don't matter...of course they do. I just said that's what you guys always throw around in these forums, which you did again. It's important, I realize this.

I like AB as a player and team mate on the Steelers, you prefer Wallace. Cool. You're not going to convince me, nor I you, and i'm fine with that. I agree A LOT with what you guys post on these forums, but I'm just not down with the Wallace love, not at all. I'm sick of him, and this topic, frankly. He'll be gone next year, AB will be here.

cmerrifield
12-12-2012, 08:25 AM
All this focus on booing Wallace and Brown and yadda yadda. How about the fact the Rivers lit up the secondary? Where is the outrage and booing for that? But I guess all the style points go to the offense and its all their fault. Ah well.

He was 21-41 for 200 yards, Thats not really lighting up the secondary. His field position was amazing all game because the offense couldnt move the ball. And their top rushers only had 82 yards. If you look at the offensive stats of the Chargers, you think, there is no way they won.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-12-2012, 04:30 PM
I am not a Wallace only Basher I started a thread about the whole group of young receivers.. With AB out Wallace all but disappeared. With AB out who was number 1 receiver...wasn't #17 . I understand the way you put it..but BG goes out of his way to be ahole to fellow fans so he gets no slack from me..

I go out of my way to treat fellow fans like *******s?....I guess you forgot about all the times you started **** and treated people like *******s around 6 months ago?....lol I know I havn't you got but hurt since people didn't think Jonathan Scott was a quality OT or that Jason Worilds wasn't the next big time star at OLB for the Steelers........But that isn't shocking you think you know all when it comes to Steelers football and the rest of us just post useless drivel.....lol Really **** off dude.....

Black@Gold Forever32
12-12-2012, 04:32 PM
I never said TDs don't matter...of course they do. I just said that's what you guys always throw around in these forums, which you did again. It's important, I realize this.

I like AB as a player and team mate on the Steelers, you prefer Wallace. Cool. You're not going to convince me, nor I you, and i'm fine with that. I agree A LOT with what you guys post on these forums, but I'm just not down with the Wallace love, not at all. I'm sick of him, and this topic, frankly. He'll be gone next year, AB will be here.

Never said you had to love or even cheer Mike Wallace....Its not about preferring one WR over the other....I just hate when Wallace gets bashed for every mistake he makes then nothing really is said about AB when he screws up......I just think some fans still don't understand how good Mike Wallace has been for this team....The reason I keep mentioning the TD's for Wallace if he isn't back somebody is going to have to step to fill that TD void....That is all I'm saying man....

NorCalSteel
12-12-2012, 07:33 PM
I don't get butt hurt. Nice try everybody has there opinion..the only reason I go off on people is if they start with me, allot of people on here are dicks for no reason except to be a dick..and I told all of you I am the wrong guy to start with..I guess you remember so it worked..

Black@Gold Forever32
12-12-2012, 07:49 PM
I don't get butt hurt. Nice try everybody has there opinion..the only reason I go off on people is if they start with me, allot of people on here are dicks for no reason except to be a dick..and I told all of you I am the wrong guy to start with..I guess you remember so it worked..

Well if you remember I didn't start anyhing with you.....I tried to have a actual football discussion with you but then you called me an idiot and said I was posting useless drivel.....I pulled up the thread from around June this past year were you said those things.....Plus you were starting **** with Ktrain and various other members.....So who was being the dick?....Before you call somebody names then you better look at yourself.....

Black@Gold Forever32
12-12-2012, 07:51 PM
Your the wrong guy to start with....lol Ok internet tough guy....lol Really **** off....lol

NorCalSteel
12-12-2012, 08:04 PM
look how twisted up I was able to get you and very easily...not internet tough guy..and I already put you in the F-off file months ago as a "know it all idiot"..some things will never change..why dont you go read the entire thread you pulled up and see how it really went down...

Black@Gold Forever32
12-12-2012, 08:39 PM
look how twisted up I was able to get you and very easily...not internet tough guy..and I already put you in the F-off file months ago as a "know it all idiot"..some things will never change..why dont you go read the entire thread you pulled up and see how it really went down...

know it all idiot....look in the mirror dumbass........I did read the whole ****ing thread and you were the one ****ing starting **** and calling people names when I simply didn't agree with you.....you get so butt hurt and act like you know all when it comes to Steelers football when really you don't know ****....

Black@Gold Forever32
12-12-2012, 08:54 PM

"Quick somebody grab ktrain a Tampax he is flowing again"..lol NorCalSteel

That is you attacking Ktrain.....

"hmmm if you read what I wrote about Adams you would not of had to put out a paragraph of useless drivel...and the steelers GM said himself he hopes that Adams can stay drug free and that they took a chance on him. I hope he is correct..btw your a idiot" NorCalSteel

That is you attacking me when I disagreed with you about Jonathan Scott being a quality OT and had to remind you he wasn't even on the team when the Steelers won the Super Bowl which you stated the Steelers won a Super Bowl with him at LT........

Those are just two examples of you starting **** in that thread.....Just get your ****ing facts straight when you say I go out of my way to be an ******* to fellow fans when you're the ****ing one that does that **** not me dumbass.......

Black@Gold Forever32
12-12-2012, 09:11 PM
Another classic from NorCalSteel

lol "all you cry babies make me laugh. We will see at the end of the year if you are men enough to admit I was correct. I have 39 years of bleeding black and gold and I know just about everything there is to know about NFL and Steeler football so please don't try to talk down to me like you know more than I do...you dont!! I want Mike Wallace on the team trust me, but if you have watched the games like I have then you know exaclty who Ben went at when all three were health at the end of last year..it wasn't Wallace was it??...nope....if I am wrong and he lights it up I will be happy with that also..because as long as the STEELERS are winning I am good!!"

But I'm the one that goes out of my way to treat other fans like *******s....Since day one you have been a member of this site you acted like you knew it all and thought you were the absolute authority on Steelers Football and constantly insulted people when they simply didn't agree with you......But keep twisting the facts in that warped mind of yours were you're Chuck Noll in your own little world.....

Steeldriven
12-12-2012, 09:11 PM
http://s1v2.imgstill.com/files/1/0/0/167/fObsDr7e.gif

This is awesome!!

steelchamp204
12-13-2012, 01:37 AM

Shut the **** up. Thanks.

NorCalSteel
12-13-2012, 08:14 AM
LOL to everybody who want to climb on board go ahead..dont give a **** what you think never have. Pulling quotes out of the middle of a thread is ****ing stupid with out reading the entire thing and what might have lead up to it...nice try BG is that the best you got?

Stone
12-13-2012, 10:04 AM
I agree with you.

But be prepared to be slayed around here!

Nah......He just posted......he didn't make an *** of himself:lol:

Stone
12-13-2012, 10:06 AM
I don't get in to booing of NFL players unless they show themselves to be a "bad person" either by personal behavior on conduct on the field.

If you don't like the guy, don't buy his jersey.....if you don't like the team, don't support them.

steelchamp204
12-13-2012, 12:13 PM
I love it when they say Heinz field is a sellout yet, for most of the game there are about 4000 empty seats. I know steeler fans are passionate. At the stadium, it's a different story. I really wish they would close the open part of the stadium up a little bit to mnake it a little louder.

Stone
12-13-2012, 01:59 PM
I love it when they say Heinz field is a sellout yet, for most of the game there are about 4000 empty seats. I know steeler fans are passionate. At the stadium, it's a different story. I really wish they would close the open part of the stadium up a little bit to mnake it a little louder.

Isn't this the case with any team? I mean if the Steelers are "truly" selling out, who is?

xBlitzBurghx
12-13-2012, 06:12 PM
People will always hate on Wallace because of his hold out. He has never said anything about wanting Fitzgerald money. Notice how all the rumors about him are always coming from a source and not his mouth or tweets. I'm not defending him. Just saying if you are going to crucify him why not crucify everyone. Big Ben did stupid s*it his whole career, but just because he is playing at a high level more consistently people forgive him

SnakeEyes43
12-13-2012, 06:48 PM
People will always hate on Wallace because of his hold out. He has never said anything about wanting Fitzgerald money. Notice how all the rumors about him are always coming from a source and not his mouth or tweets. I'm not defending him. Just saying if you are going to crucify him why not crucify everyone. Big Ben did stupid s*it his whole career, but just because he is playing at a high level more consistently people forgive him

Well of course he didn't say anything...he has an agent. Most players don't discuss money/contract issues, unless they are unhappy about something. Hines had a hold out and I never stopped loving that guy.

And please NEVER compare Ben and Wallace ever again. Sure, no player is perfect. BUT Ben has heart, drive, toughness, leadership, and puts his body on the line for the team. Ben performs under pressure and carries this team. Wallace has none of those qualities.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-13-2012, 06:54 PM
LOL to everybody who want to climb on board go ahead..dont give a **** what you think never have. Pulling quotes out of the middle of a thread is ****ing stupid with out reading the entire thing and what might have lead up to it...nice try BG is that the best you got?

Again you take no blame in any of the **** you started or pulled on this site but then you say I go out of my way to treat fans like *******s....You act like you're the ultimate authority on Steelers football and how dare anybody disagree with you and when they do you act like the little butt hurt bitch you are.....

Goodfrom55
12-13-2012, 06:57 PM
OK this begs the question - we can only sign one, do we resign wallace or sanders? consider production, cost, health.

Big T
12-13-2012, 08:29 PM
Shouldn't have to choose. Sanders has done nothing to warrant getting a sizable contract. He should be an easy, cheap resign.