PDA

View Full Version : Report: Colon done for year

SnakeEyes43
12-10-2012, 01:08 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000108743/article/willie-colon-of-steelers-reportedly-done-for-season

Ben Roethlisberger is back in the house, but the Pittsburgh Steelers continue to struggle with injuries along their battered offensive line.

Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported Sunday night that starting left guard Willie Colon aggravated his previously injured knee in Sunday's 34-24 loss to the San Diego Chargers and likely won't play again this season.

According to the long-time beat writer, the Steelers plan to move All-Pro center Maurkice Pouncey to Colon's spot with Doug Legursky taking over the middle position. It's not an ideal fix for the 7-6 Steelers, but coaches feel Legursky is a better suited at center than guard because he tends to play with his "shoulders square to the line of scrimmage," Dulac noted. Rookie David DeCastro also looms as an option at left guard.

Despite an eternal stream of O-line combinations for the Steelers, the primary goal remains unchanged: Keep Big Ben safe and sound from defensive behemoths everywhere.

steelchamp204
12-10-2012, 01:15 PM
Good, that son of a bitch should never wear a Steelers uni again.

Zachintosh66
12-10-2012, 01:17 PM
Good, that son of a bitch should never wear a Steelers uni again.

disagree, theres about 10 guys that should go before him...

Real Deal Steel
12-10-2012, 01:29 PM
Disagree. Calon is in the top 4 of guys who should not be a Steeler.

FlatsSteeler
12-10-2012, 01:29 PM
Yep starting with the useless Head coach......

Raleigh Steel
12-10-2012, 01:30 PM
i've never been a fan of colon and hope he will never be a steeler again, but i never take pleasure in seeing someone injured to the point of not returning.

steelchamp204
12-10-2012, 01:32 PM

Really, let me guees. Legursky eh? Guees that Bengals game is still in your head where Colon had a good game. Lets not forget the whole season where his penalties have come on some of the most important plays of the game. You know damn well when you see a flag on tv, its on #74

SnakeEyes43
12-10-2012, 01:36 PM
Has there been any word on DeCastro or Adams? Gilbert is done for the year right?

KemoTherapy
12-10-2012, 01:40 PM
His injury history alone over the past 3 seasons makes him toast. Gotta move on to someone else...permanently.

steelersbabex25
12-10-2012, 02:16 PM
Are they sure the problem isn't with his Colon? Ba dum ch.

LatrobePA
12-10-2012, 02:38 PM
Look at the stats, he's been flagged for holding a ton! The dude is a fat worthless slob! Send him packing and get your fn 1st round pick in there ASAP!!

coldrolled
12-10-2012, 02:49 PM
Get Ryan Lee back from the saints PS... We did the back and forth with Al Woods.. TIme to do it again...

pghcityofchamps
12-10-2012, 03:49 PM
Willie has made his money. He should be set for life. Time to cut ties with him. He is an injury machine. Hell, grab one of the Chargers OL they picked up last week. Did they commit a penalty? They can't be more injury-prone than Willie "Pain in my" Colon.

cmerrifield
12-10-2012, 04:12 PM
He wont be cut, the dead money will be too much and it wont save us enough to be worth it. He will be back one more year. Hopefully, backing up DeCastro.

K Train
12-10-2012, 04:18 PM
is there any word on decastro? is he practicing?

Goodfrom55
12-10-2012, 04:27 PM
Hoping DeCastro gets the nod and Adams goes back to RT in place of Beachum. Also Foster is versatile enough to play the left side , but if they do that, then they have 2 rookies on the same side. Probably not a good idea.

K Train
12-10-2012, 04:29 PM
Hoping DeCastro gets the nod and Adams goes back to RT in place of Beachum. Also Foster is versatile enough to play the left side , but if they do that, then they have 2 rookies on the same side. Probably not a good idea.

im not worried about the rookies on the same side.

beachum would probably be better than legs at guard too so if adams comes back i wouldnt mind seeing that. i dont want to see geno atkins eat legs alive in 2 weeks

Goodfrom55
12-10-2012, 04:37 PM
Legs admitted himself that he sucks at guard. Legs at center is not a bad proposition with Pouncey at LG considering the Bengals employ an even front which means legs will mostly be uncovered at center.

greg1964
12-11-2012, 12:45 AM
I have always like Colon: but injuried the pass three years, I might be time to move on:

My projected O-line next year:
Gilbert, Foster, Pouncey, DeCastro, Adams: of if the Steelers resign Starks and have Gilbert or Adams as the swing tackle, Legs is the backup center if resigned and Colon is the swing Guard:

NeilPatrickBanana
12-11-2012, 12:56 AM
I have always like Colon: but injuried the pass three years, I might be time to move on:

My projected O-line next year:
Gilbert, Foster, Pouncey, DeCastro, Adams: of if the Steelers resign Starks and have Gilbert or Adams as the swing tackle, Legs is the backup center if resigned and Colon is the swing Guard:

Colon needs to be cut... his cap hit jumps to 7 million next year

connecticutsteel
12-11-2012, 04:40 AM
DeCastro was in on the extra point team last week i can't figure out why they would activate him if they didn,t plan on playing him

foster isn't fast enough to pull i'd rather see him at tackle and beachum at guard

K Train
12-11-2012, 04:59 AM
ive always liked colon, at one point he was a top 5 RT, which many of you dont agree with but he was a monster run blocker on the right side.

he is wildly inconsistent at guard....he has absolutely dominant games sometimes (ate geno atkins and the bengals LBs up (not just burfict)) but he has some horrible games too...no doubt he looks the part and is one bad mother ****er, but he just seems to plateau as not being a refined player

i have no problems with easing decastro in, but when hes the next man up he needs to be ready

LatrobePA
12-11-2012, 10:36 AM
They need to get it figured out. What they had on the field last week was pretty bad!