PDA

View Full Version : What the Steelers really need!

jtretz
12-10-2012, 12:09 PM
Back in the 70's the Steelers were struggling and it is said that Jack Lambert went into the locker room and threatened to kick anyones *** that didnt play hard and tough. We need someone like that in the locker room and it needs to be dircected to the coaches as well!!!!

SuperSteelers
12-10-2012, 01:13 PM
Back in the 70's the Steelers were struggling and it is said that Jack Lambert went into the locker room and threatened to kick anyones *** that didnt play hard and tough. We need someone like that in the locker room and it needs to be dircected to the coaches as well!!!!

In today's NFL he would get laughed at and probably bounced out of the locker room. Most players today play for money and not so much for team or pride. Just my opinion.

steelers75
12-10-2012, 05:52 PM
Ward and Farrior are gone and so is the leadership they brought. It shows.

LASVEGASGUY
12-10-2012, 06:15 PM
You don't even have to go back that far. I bet Lloyd would have lit a fire under this team yesterday.

Clevelandsux
12-10-2012, 06:24 PM
lloyd did. Remember 1993, cowhers second year as coach? Had a very talented, but unhappy team. Much like this year, many players were unhappy with there contracts. The team was inconsistant, beat good teams lost to bad teams. There final game that year vs the Browns the Steelers were trailing 9-3 at halftime. lloyd screamed them out at halftime, told them he wanted his playoff money! Lit a fire in there asses, they won 16-9 and basically backed in the playoffs because other teams had to lose which happened. Of course they would blow a lead to the joe montana lead chiefs the next week in the playoffs.

chisteeler
12-10-2012, 11:01 PM
It is what they need, but unfortunately the culture of today's society is all about "playing nice" with others. Remember, caring is sharing. Not, how 'bout I rip your head off and **** down your neck! Oh how I miss the 70's (football mentality that is).

SuperSteelers
12-11-2012, 12:25 AM
Actually I can think of a player who gets fired up and is in your face when you play like crap or miss an assignment. As much as I hate the guy I have to say that man would be Tom Brady. I wish the Steelers had a guy like that who actually gives a damn. I'm amazed how the Patriot organization comes back year after year no matter how ****** their defense is or the fact they have no pro-bowl WRs or RBs. They just continue to win year after year and take care of business when they are suppose too.

LASVEGASGUY
12-11-2012, 12:35 AM
Actually I can think of a player who gets fired up and is in your face when you play like crap or miss an assignment. As much as I hate the guy I have to say that man would be Tom Brady. I wish the Steelers had a guy like that who actually gives a damn. I'm amazed how the Patriot organization comes back year after year no matter how ****** their defense is or the fact they have no pro-bowl WRs or RBs. They just continue to win year after year and take care of business when they are suppose too.

Because they are well coached and focused for every damn game. Belichick doesn't try to be a man's, man's with the players like our coach. Instead he is ready to embarrass your *** in Tuesday's film room if you ****ed up. It's amazing what this tactic has done for him over the last decade and a half. These guys don't want to be the focal point come Tuesday so they play their asses off.

NeilPatrickBanana
12-11-2012, 12:53 AM
Because they are well coached and focused for every damn game. Belichick doesn't try to be a man's, man's with the players like our coach. Instead he is ready to embarrass your *** in Tuesday's film room if you ****ed up. It's amazing what this tactic has done for him over the last decade and a half. These guys don't want to be the focal point come Tuesday so they play their asses off.

Yea, I'm sure Mike Tomlin doesn't use the amazing, "call out the players who mess up, in Tuesday film sessions" tactic.

Are you for real? Or is it your goal to sound like an idiot?

SteelerCountry58
12-11-2012, 01:11 AM
In today's NFL he would get laughed at and probably bounced out of the locker room. Most players today play for money and not so much for team or pride. Just my opinion.
Bingo! Lambert is my all time favorite player. He'd rip their heads off and proceed to **** down
their necks. These halfwit primadonna's of today don't play for pride and the team logo.
They don't earn squat these days,they expect to be paid without sacrifice/blood/sweat/tears.
Don't pay the jagoffs much until they earn their damn keep and prove themselves worthy.

LASVEGASGUY
12-11-2012, 01:16 AM
Yea, I'm sure Mike Tomlin doesn't use the amazing, "call out the players who mess up, in Tuesday film sessions" tactic.

Are you for real? Or is it your goal to sound like an idiot?

No.....he just makes them a co-starter the next week like it's some sort of punishment. I think Wallace had more playing time as a co-starter than a starter. Some punishment by EMPTY I mean M.T.

TarlsQtr
12-11-2012, 11:36 AM
To see the difference between today's players and those like Lambert, just watch the postgame handshakes. Even against the supposedly hated Ravens, most of the Steelers are backslapping with Ray Ray and gums. They play for money and the rivalry means more to us than them.

I will not say it never happened, but I just cannot even imagine Lambert whooping it up with Art Shell or Jack Tatum at midfield after a game with the Raiders.

NeilPatrickBanana
12-11-2012, 11:43 AM
No.....he just makes them a co-starter the next week like it's some sort of punishment. I think Wallace had more playing time as a co-starter than a starter. Some punishment by EMPTY I mean M.T.

yea, he probably wasn't called out in film session for dropping balls :facepalm:

Your irrational agenda is fun to witness