PDA

View Full Version : We Need a Full Back!!

mcfly06
12-10-2012, 12:01 AM
Im tired of us running when we dont have a fullback in there! Today we could of used one really bad, going for it on that 3rd and 1 and couldnt get it running up the middle thats sad!! We need to either draft or sign one, hell use Will Johnson more just as a fullback!!! Were not fulling anyone when its a single back set and we run it, its getting old fast! But then if we have a fullback, we can still run out of a single back backfield then the D will be thinking they can pass or run, Green Bay does it!! What do you guys think??!!

Clevelandsux
12-10-2012, 12:04 AM
How about any running backs. Most of these guys arent starters. Spindenfall is on his way out.

mcfly06
12-10-2012, 12:07 AM
How about any running backs. Most of these guys arent starters. Spindenfall is on his way out.

Agree i think in free agency or draft get a franchise RB, but we also need a Fullback too i think..

K Train
12-10-2012, 04:27 PM
owen schmitt got released today...ive always had a man crush on that crazy ****er

Goodfrom55
12-10-2012, 04:33 PM
You guys might not want to hear this but I'm going to say it. . .Mendenhall needs to be the starter for the following reasons:

Speed - Dwyer and Redman have none
Range - Have you noticed the Steelers NEVER run outside the tackle anymore?

I know he might be a little fumble prone lately, but I still think he is their best option down the stretch.

To stop the Steelers running game, simply blitz the A or B gap because they never run outside because they can't with Redman or Dwyer.

Other thing is and I really noticed it yesterday is why are the RB's 8-9 yards in the backfield behind center? When they get the handoff, they are still 5 yards in the backfield and have to run 5 yards just to get back to the LOS.

K Train
12-10-2012, 04:34 PM
i think its pretty obvious mendenhall needs to be playing at least part time

LatrobePA
12-10-2012, 04:40 PM
We need a consistent oline! We also need Mendy not sorry *** Redman, he's awful!

Goodfrom55
12-10-2012, 04:44 PM
Tomlin made his point, the most talented RB on the team needs to play.

jpele
12-10-2012, 04:46 PM
We're going to have to draft a RB , i don't see Mendy returning, Dwyer is a part time back same as Redman but as the o'line goes so goes our running backs.

Goodfrom55
12-10-2012, 04:48 PM
if the Steelers had Adrian Peterson and still ran dive and counter all day without ever trying to run a toss, he wouldn't gain 80 yards either. The RB's are slow, and the o-line did not get any push yesterday - deadly combination.

Real Deal Steel
12-10-2012, 04:58 PM
The O-line is still a work in progress.

But bringing Mendy back as the starter? No way. He kills the team's moral with his fumbles. And the team's psyche is fragile as it is.

I would like to see an upgrade at the runningback position but I think that is like 5th or 6th on the priority list of things we need.

LatrobePA
12-10-2012, 05:23 PM
Tomlin made his point, the most talented RB on the team needs to play.

Agreed! Fun time is over!

steelcityrockers
12-10-2012, 08:18 PM
I swear to Christ I see this exact thread every year, usually including that we need Dan Kreider. Will Yinzers never understand that we don't need to be 3.5 yards and a cloud of dust to be successful?

Clevelandsux
12-10-2012, 10:50 PM
Mendenhall had just returned in the Browns game. Only carried the ball 4 times, two were fumbles. I think there are other reasons he is in tomlins doghouse.

mcfly06
12-10-2012, 11:27 PM
I swear to Christ I see this exact thread every year, usually including that we need Dan Kreider. Will Yinzers never understand that we don't need to be 3.5 yards and a cloud of dust to be successful?

I dont mean that i just mean we need a fullback if were gonna run the d*** ball!! Not all the time but when you go to a single back set and the running back is 8-9 yards in the backfield your not fulling anyone.. i mean its 3rd and 1, the running back 9 yards in the back field gets the ball and only gets back to the line sad!! now if you run out of the shot gun no dont need a full back, and Mendenhall should be in there, but he would still need a fullback!!

mcfly06
12-10-2012, 11:28 PM
You guys might not want to hear this but I'm going to say it. . .Mendenhall needs to be the starter for the following reasons:

Speed - Dwyer and Redman have none
Range - Have you noticed the Steelers NEVER run outside the tackle anymore?

I know he might be a little fumble prone lately, but I still think he is their best option down the stretch.

To stop the Steelers running game, simply blitz the A or B gap because they never run outside because they can't with Redman or Dwyer.

Other thing is and I really noticed it yesterday is why are the RB's 8-9 yards in the backfield behind center? When they get the handoff, they are still 5 yards in the backfield and have to run 5 yards just to get back to the LOS.

I went to my uncles yesterday to watch the game and thats what me and him talked about during the game, why do we always run a single back set on 3rd and 1 with the running back 9 yards in the backfield, not fulling anyone.. its not that hard to fix its simple, and Train i agree get Owen Schmitt!!

Goodfrom55
12-10-2012, 11:35 PM
if you're going to run single back, then you have to go 3-wide to loosen up the box and it gives the offense a good pass/run option. Or you can motion the slot (sometimes this is Heath) , and he becomes your lead blocker.

Bottom line, Steelers thought they would show up and win yesterday and got punched in the chops. Hopefully the serving of humble pie they were force fed wakes them up a little bit.

Big T
12-11-2012, 12:05 AM
I'm down for a crazy *** FB that splits his own head with his helmet getting amped pregame. Hell ya I'd be down for Owen Schmitt lol.

SteelerCountry58
12-11-2012, 01:19 AM
Kid named Zach Line from SMU would look mighty good in Black and Gold next year. RB/FB hybrid.

mcfly06
12-11-2012, 01:45 AM
Kid named Zach Line from SMU would look mighty good in Black and Gold next year. RB/FB hybrid.

Love that!!