PDA

View Full Version : Who is #31 Brown?

Ironman92
12-09-2012, 08:12 PM
....and why is he on the field? They picked on him ALL day. He was terrible terrible terrible. He gave up at least 3 of the big 1st down on 3rd and mid/long, gave up the TD...and the penalty.

He killed us.

Also who is #35?

I know Taylor is out but Jesus....they went after the replacement all day on every big down.

Awful.

teeceemadison
12-09-2012, 08:18 PM
i think, according to some on here, that was just troy in another uniform giving up the 3rd down conversions over and over....

Ibleedblk&gld
12-09-2012, 08:25 PM
31 is Curtis Brown...he's the next William Gay
35 is Josh Victorian who was recently activated (Brian Hoyer was released to make room for him)

Clevelandsux
12-09-2012, 08:26 PM
ya curtis brown sucked.

ChucktownSteeler
12-09-2012, 09:06 PM
Curtis Brown, latest NFL bust from the Texas Longhorns.

K Train
12-09-2012, 09:13 PM
it was his first extended game action, which was about as bad as keenan lewis's first real game action...so lets calm down everyone

Black@Gold Forever32
12-09-2012, 09:15 PM
it was his first extended game action, which was about as bad as keenan lewis's first real game action...so lets calm down everyone

exactly...Curtis Brown was the least of my concerns today...lol

Big T
12-09-2012, 09:17 PM
Curtis Brown, latest NFL bust from the Texas Longhorns.

Bust? He was a 3rd round pick who never saw as much playing time as he did today. Come on now. There are so many overreactions here after every game (good or bad).

ChucktownSteeler
12-09-2012, 09:22 PM
He had an absolute horrid preseason as well. I was factoring that in. He hasn't shown much.

coldrolled
12-09-2012, 09:24 PM
What happen to Cortez Allen?

Big T
12-09-2012, 09:57 PM
He had an absolute horrid preseason as well. I was factoring that in. He hasn't shown much.

How about the three horrid seasons Keenan Lewis had before this one?

NeilPatrickBanana
12-09-2012, 10:05 PM

good thing you factored that in

Ironman92
12-09-2012, 10:22 PM
exactly...Curtis Brown was the least of my concerns today...lol

Yeah....hilarious.

Every time we had them all but stopped they went his way and kept the ball all freakin day. Yes, the offensive line and offense in general was a bigger problem but don't act like he didn't have a decent effect on the game.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-09-2012, 11:20 PM
Yeah....hilarious.

Every time we had them all but stopped they went his way and kept the ball all freakin day. Yes, the offensive line and offense in general was a bigger problem but don't act like he didn't have a decent effect on the game.

Never said Brown had a good game.....But if Curtis Brown is your biggest worry after today's game then yea I find you rather hilarious......

How about our HC getting out coached yet again but this time by a lame duck HC that knows he is getting fired at seasons end........

How about Dick LeBeau generating no pressure on Rivers all game and the Chargers had 3 starters missing from their OL....They had to bring players off the street to have enough bodies along their OL.......Still Rivers was comfortable all game.......

The Haley offense was yet again ineffective and not scoring more then BA's..........

Our OL getting owned all game.......

The Steelers WR's with drops and AB not having a clue to even boot the ball out of bounds and gave the Steelers a TD

The special teams were a joke once again.......Lost the field position battle all game and Drew Butler was flat out terrible......

But Curtis Brown is to blame for the loss and the biggest worry going forward....lol

Ironman92
12-10-2012, 12:03 AM
Never said Brown had a good game.....But if Curtis Brown is your biggest worry after today's game then yea I find you rather hilarious......

How about our HC getting out coached yet again but this time by a lame duck HC that knows he is getting fired at seasons end........

How about Dick LeBeau generating no pressure on Rivers all game and the Chargers had 3 starters missing from their OL....They had to bring players off the street to have enough bodies along their OL.......Still Rivers was comfortable all game.......

The Haley offense was yet again ineffective and not scoring more then BA's..........

Our OL getting owned all game.......

The Steelers WR's with drops and AB not having a clue to even boot the ball out of bounds and gave the Steelers a TD

The special teams were a joke once again.......Lost the field position battle all game and Drew Butler was flat out terrible......

But Curtis Brown is to blame for the loss and the biggest worry going forward....lol

Why can't you read? Never did I say he was the biggest problem in losing this game....but those have been started in threads and were already being discussed. Brown sucked and I started a thread. This is a Steelers' forum BTW. Do I need to clear my thread topics through you or others?

coldrolled
12-10-2012, 12:05 AM
Wallace(Sweed) had the game changer in his hands early in the game... Td all the way... He dropped it...

K Train
12-10-2012, 12:13 AM
lol oh yes wallace/sweed....wallace had as many receptions today as sweed had in his career, that 32-0 TD ratio is a pretty good jumping for the comparison too.

and i admittedly loved sweed...but that comparison is just garbage

Ironman92
12-10-2012, 12:31 AM
Yeah....Wallace has amassed many very good games over his short career....Sweed had as many as I did.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-10-2012, 12:31 AM
Why can't you read? Never did I say he was the biggest problem in losing this game....but those have been started in threads and were already being discussed. Brown sucked and I started a thread. This is a Steelers' forum BTW. Do I need to clear my thread topics through you or others?

I can read just fine.......start any ****ing thread you want...I really don't give **** what you do...lol Just saying Brown was the least of my worries today which you ****ing replied to then I replied back......

Ironman92
12-10-2012, 12:33 AM
I can read just fine.......start any ****ing thread you want...I really don't give **** what you do...lol Just saying Brown was the least of my worries today which you ****ing replied to then I replied back......

Again, you acted like I was saying he was the biggest problem after my post before clearly stated I didn't feel that way.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-10-2012, 12:36 AM
Again, you acted like I was saying he was the biggest problem after my post before clearly stated I didn't feel that way.

But my point was so much went wrong today that Curtis Brown was the least of my worries you know.....I'm just saying so much needs to be corrected going forward......I agree Brown didn't have a good but I'm more worried about Tomlin, Haley's offense, the OL in general, the WR's and their drops, LeBeau's defense getting owned....special teams but they always suck so that is just the norm anymore......

connecticutsteel
12-10-2012, 12:47 AM
Bust? He was a 3rd round pick who never saw as much playing time as he did today. Come on now. There are so many overreactions here after every game (good or bad).

they don't get it T

connecticutsteel
12-10-2012, 12:51 AM
they don't get it T

I agree Dick LeBeau didn't pressure Rivers at all today he has definatly lost a step being 76 years old lol

K Train
12-10-2012, 12:57 AM
steelers defense is pretty much #1 across the board, its not getting owned. it has bad days sometimes and sometimes its suffocating but "owned" is not something id describe it as....saints get owned on d, chiefs get owned, and the cardinals got owned. steelers lost a game that they clearly werent on the same page in the first half, few mental errors, few injuries, and a rusty QB.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-10-2012, 01:12 AM
steelers defense is pretty much #1 across the board, its not getting owned. it has bad days sometimes and sometimes its suffocating but "owned" is not something id describe it as....saints get owned on d, chiefs get owned, and the cardinals got owned. steelers lost a game that they clearly werent on the same page in the first half, few mental errors, few injuries, and a rusty QB.

LeBeau's defense was owned today (wasn't talking about the entire season) and there is noway you can say otherwise Train....LeBeau did nothing to confuse a San Diego make shift OL due to injury....That is my point and dude I don't care about the number 1 D across the board in yardage........I rather have a defense that can put consistent pressure on the QB and force turn overs.......This bend but don't break D and try to force the offense into mistakes doesn't work week in and week out.....Of course the old man has forgotten more football then I will ever know but I'm going to be critical when his defense fails......His defense had a nice six week run no doubt but I have some concerns going forward about this unit.....

Black@Gold Forever32
12-10-2012, 01:35 AM
26 sacks and 17 turn overs are not trademarks of a Dick LeBeau defense.....The lack of turn overs have been a problem since last year........I agree its not all on him and there is a huge need for some play-makers on this defense but LeBeau does take some of the blame........Even if this team makes the play-offs do you really have confidence in this defense facing Manning, Brady, Schaub?..........Of course LeBeau still can give the likes of Flacco fits but we all know Joe Flacco is a joke.......

Black@Gold Forever32
12-10-2012, 01:47 AM
This was posted on Steelerfury.com after the game and its pretty spot on......Can't really argue with any of it......

Dick was facing 4 back-up NFL O-linemen after Hardwick was injured, some of which were picked up off the street this week, but was unable to rise to the occasion. Somehow he was unable to confuse or abuse a bunch of scrubs who had little experience playing or communicating together. Where were the stunts, where were the exotic blitzes? As the Chargers mixed schemes and blitzes and made the Steelers O-line look like ****, Lebeau did nothing of the sort. Why is James Harrison dropping 10 yards into coverage against said scrub O-line ever, let alone on 3rd and 5 deep in Steelers territory? On 3rd and 10 just before half, Lebeau blitzed only four, 3 of which were D-linemen and allowed an easy no pressure 10+ yard completion by Rivers. Lebeau's defense allowed the Chargers to posses the ball for nearly 10 minutes to open the 2nd half and score a TD. The 3rd down defense was a joke all day. Nobody seemed to have an idea on how to cover a 7 yard out route. Lebeau and his defense was not able to land a single sack despite 42 pass attempts by Rivers and and a host of back-up O-linemen. Mike Tomlin said in his post game presser that the reason he didn't go for 2 when down by 18, was because he didn't want to show the league his 2 point plays. His reasoning for this was that he had no faith his defense could stop the Chargers, so he essentially gave up the game. And that speaks volumes about Tomlin's confidence in Lebeau's defense today.

K Train
12-10-2012, 01:48 AM
my point is sometimes confusing an offense isnt the only way to frustrate them, sometimes just lining up and beating them is the way to go and horribly frustrating. People think troy being in the lineup adds an element of confusion for offenses, it doesnt....at least not anymore. troy "being troy" is a detriment to the defense a lot of the time these days.

the niners defense isnt a tricky one, they line up their 7-8 guys in the box and take on their man one on one and most of the time beat them, thats a thing of beauty just as much as bring pressure from anywhere and everywhere and disguising coverages. im not neccesarily blaming troy for today but i am saying that troy being in the lineup kind of skews peoples expectations for the defense. its a good squad that philip rivers has played before and he just had the better day today. chargers arent a bunch of talentless ****s even if they have a lot of questions in the staff from FO to coaching.

next week they get the cowboys who are crippled on defense and have the opposite of a homefield advantage...im sure they will continue to ravage the NFC east

Black@Gold Forever32
12-10-2012, 01:53 AM
my point is sometimes confusing an offense isnt the only way to frustrate them, sometimes just lining up and beating them is the way to go and horribly frustrating. People think troy being in the lineup adds an element of confusion for offenses, it doesnt....at least not anymore. troy "being troy" is a detriment to the defense a lot of the time these days.

the niners defense isnt a tricky one, they line up their 7-8 guys in the box and take on their man one on one and most of the time beat them, thats a thing of beauty just as much as bring pressure from anywhere and everywhere and disguising coverages. im not neccesarily blaming troy for today but i am saying that troy being in the lineup kind of skews peoples expectations for the defense. its a good squad that philip rivers has played before and he just had the better day today. chargers arent a bunch of talentless ****s even if they have a lot of questions in the staff from FO to coaching.

next week they get the cowboys who are crippled on defense and have the opposite of a homefield advantage...im sure they will continue to ravage the NFC east

You don't have to tell me about Troy...lol Come on Train you know I was never the biggest Troy fan...lol I knew Troy would add nothing to the defense...He is done stick a fork in him......Rivers is an over-rated bum and has regressed as a QB....He has made terrible decisions all season that led to some of the worst INT's, I have ever seen.......Yet he owned LeBeau's defense (especially on 3rd down today).........

What Steelers team shows up next week in Dallas?....The won that wins with Batch at QB in Baltimore or the one that lost games @ Denver, @ Oakland, @ Tenn, @ Cleveland?

scudmissile29
12-10-2012, 01:59 AM
steelers defense is pretty much #1 across the board, its not getting owned.

will in the playoffs against a good quarterback.

phillip rivers is a good quarterback.

Imagine if we have to face Brady, Rogers or Brees in the playoffs?

All three would beat us IMO

Black@Gold Forever32
12-10-2012, 02:02 AM
will in the playoffs against a good quarterback.

phillip rivers is a good quarterback.

Imagine if we have to face Brady, Rogers or Brees in the playoffs?

All three would beat us IMO

Only way they face Rodgers or Brees if they make the Super Bowl....The Saints are done.......I have no confidence in LeBeau's defense against elite QB's.....His track record against the elite QB's isn't to hot anyway and this current LeBeau defense is a shell of some his past defenses.......

Have you watched Rivers this year?....He has made terrible decisions all year and threw some very bad INT's yet he owned LeBeau today.......so frustrating.......

coldrolled
12-10-2012, 08:03 AM
lol oh yes wallace/sweed....wallace had as many receptions today as sweed had in his career, that 32-0 TD ratio is a pretty good jumping for the comparison too.

and i admittedly loved sweed...but that comparison is just garbage

He can catch balls fine.. that was the game changer he dropped... just sayin, not comparing...

coldrolled
12-10-2012, 08:09 AM
Only way they face Rodgers or Brees if they make the Super Bowl....The Saints are done.......I have no confidence in LeBeau's defense against elite QB's.....His track record against the elite QB's isn't to hot anyway and this current LeBeau defense is a shell of some his past defenses.......

Have you watched Rivers this year?....He has made terrible decisions all year and threw some very bad INT's yet he owned LeBeau today.......so frustrating.......

Other teams blitz with fast OLB, MLB's and DE's Ben was getting wacked by criss crossing ILB's and our OL let them right in...

92, 50, 94 are not the quickest blitzing guys in the NFL anymore...
56 with a hammy, ankle, leg etc... doesnt help.

scudmissile29
12-10-2012, 09:11 AM

rivers has had a bad season, but I still think he can put together a good game once in awhile lol.

Farrior Fan
12-10-2012, 09:44 AM
What really confused me was that early on you could tell that Rivers had zero confidence in his o line. He was waiting to see the first Steeler break through the line and he was throwing the pigskin into the dirt, not even attempting to throw downfield. Once he saw that we were not generating the pressure he expected and he got more comfortable he flat out beat us. Why we didn't bring an extra LB or try some safety or CB blitzes has me scratching my head.

SnakeEyes43
12-10-2012, 09:51 AM
rivers has had a bad season, but I still think he can put together a good game once in awhile lol.

Agree, and was afraid of this all week. The Chargers have talent on both sides of the ball, especially on defense, and it was only a matter of time before they had a game where they put it all together. I just disn't really think it would happen in Heinz.

Ironman92
12-10-2012, 09:18 PM
I want to see some sacks, forced fumbles, tipped balls and interceptions....we tackle well and all that but when we blitz on 3rd and 4 quit playing 8 yards off the receiver. The QB will only have 2 seconds...get up on the receiver!!!

To me Harrison and Polamalu are getting their legs under them quickly. Need Woodley and Ike.

86WARD
12-11-2012, 09:03 AM

Preach it!

teeceemadison
12-11-2012, 09:15 AM
I want to see some sacks, forced fumbles, tipped balls and interceptions....we tackle well and all that but when we blitz on 3rd and 4 quit playing 8 yards off the receiver. The QB will only have 2 seconds...get up on the receiver!!!

To me Harrison and Polamalu are getting their legs under them quickly. Need Woodley and Ike.

i was screamin at the tv, every freakin third down it seems both cb's backed off to the 8 yard cushion, rivers took two steps and it was pitch and catch for a first down again....wtf????

we all recall last years beat down of NE where we play press coverage a lot and marsha, as usual, couldnt handle it.....why we dont go to that more often i dont know....

SnakeEyes43
12-11-2012, 09:30 AM
Going through Denver or New England seem like a nightmare at this point. Patriots are white hot right now and Belicheat willl coach Tomlin under the table. Denver worries me because of, besides obviosuly Manning, Clark being out, along with our history of play lately in that stadium.

If healthy we can hang with any team, but we have to show some heart and fight too. The Chargers game was a very big letdown, I was hoping to see "that spark" to inspire a playoff run.

coldrolled
12-11-2012, 02:56 PM
Going through Denver or New England seem like a nightmare at this point. Patriots are white hot right now and Belicheat willl coach Tomlin under the table. Denver worries me because of, besides obviosuly Manning, Clark being out, along with our history of play lately in that stadium.

If healthy we can hang with any team, but we have to show some heart and fight too. The Chargers game was a very big letdown, I was hoping to see "that spark" to inspire a playoff run.

The Pats picks. hightower 1st, mayo 1st, jones 1st, and now talib was a 1st seem to be working for the 31st ranked D last year... colbert needs to start taking notes..

cmerrifield
12-11-2012, 03:04 PM
I find it funny in one thread, everyone is complaining that we keep old guys too long and we should let the young guys play and learn from mistakes. Then it happens and everyone complains about the young guys' mistakes.