PDA

View Full Version : Do you realise how lucky we were today

Rhys Lightning 63
12-09-2012, 04:24 PM
Ravens lose in OT, and Bengals lose in the final seconds. It could have been a FCUK of a lot worse.

We really need to be on our game next week against Dallas, who themselves are in the hunt for a playoff spot.

Clevelandsux
12-09-2012, 04:27 PM
ya we might back in.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-09-2012, 04:31 PM
I don't know what Steelers team is going to show up at this point....The one that comes inspired to play against the Ravens with Batch at QB or the one that consistently comes out flat and sloppy (especially on the road).........

@ Dallas and Cinncy are going to be damn tough to win in back to back weeks......

LatrobePA
12-09-2012, 04:35 PM
ya we might back in.

We're still the 6th seed.

Clevelandsux
12-09-2012, 04:36 PM
ditto. but how can we feel good about this team going into the playoffs? There is a possibility we could back in with an 8-8 record. First time in a longtime i turned off a Steelers game.

TarlsQtr
12-09-2012, 04:40 PM
Ravens lose in OT, and Bengals lose in the final seconds.

Lucky the Bengals lost? There was an entire thread this week hoping the Bengals would win because we would just take care of business... (Sarcasm)

I am constantly amazed that so many people say, "sit this person or that person because we will win anyway." They are constantly proven wrong, yet continue to do it.

Really though, I agree. The Ravens loss means little to us, but the Bengals losing was huge. We can look at it as dodging a bullet or missing a huge opportunity.

terrible.towel43
12-09-2012, 04:40 PM
who cares? Even if we make the playoffs we don't stand a chance against the beasts in the AFC. This team is too inconsistent to win anything at this point

TarlsQtr
12-09-2012, 04:45 PM
who cares? Even if we make the playoffs we don't stand a chance against the beasts in the AFC. This team is too inconsistent to win anything at this point

I disagree. If we can get healthy, we would be a very dangerous playoff team. That said, we are running out of time to get healthy.

Clevelandsux
12-09-2012, 04:46 PM
i had a friend tell me last night the steelers were going to blowout the chargers. i told him, when do we ever blow anyone out?

Clevelandsux
12-09-2012, 04:47 PM
I disagree. If we can get healthy, we would be a very dangerous playoff team. That said, we are running out of time to get healthy.

today we had most of our guys in there, minus ike taylor. they just showed up flat and played like ****.

TarlsQtr
12-09-2012, 04:54 PM
today we had most of our guys in there, minus ike taylor. they just showed up flat and played like ****.

Two points. Point one Yes, Ben was back but he looked very rusty for almost three full quarters. The O-Line is still a mess as well.

Point two- Losing Ike is huge. Brown, Allen, et al. played very well against 2nd, 3rd, and 4th receivers. Now they are playing against 1's and 2's. Again, all of the "Ike will not be missed" talk was foolish. Ike plays one on one against the other teams number one all the time.

terrible.towel43
12-09-2012, 05:00 PM

Get healthy? come on, we have very few injuries compared the norm. This is football there are always going to be injuries, and every team experiences them. With our aging roster they are even more prevalent over the last 2 years. Depth is key for championship caliber teams. I encourage optimism, but lets be realistic, injuries aren't the problem

Clevelandsux
12-09-2012, 05:01 PM
agreed, rivers took advantage of ike being out.

terrible.towel43
12-09-2012, 05:01 PM
Two points. Point one Yes, Ben was back but he looked very rusty for almost three full quarters. The O-Line is still a mess as well.

Point two- Losing Ike is huge. Brown, Allen, et al. played very well against 2nd, 3rd, and 4th receivers. Now they are playing against 1's and 2's. Again, all of the "Ike will not be missed" talk was foolish. Ike plays one on one against the other teams number one all the time.

point 1 - Ben started playing well when the game was out of reach

point 2 - They played just fine against baltimore last week. EVERYONE played bad today, not just the CB's

NYCsteelersfan
12-09-2012, 05:25 PM
i had a friend tell me last night the steelers were going to blowout the chargers. i told him, when do we ever blow anyone out?

That is an excellent point. This team never seems to blow out bad teams. There are never gimme games under Tomlin. Under Cowher, they played a bad team, you knew they were going to kick the $hit out of them.

Steeldriven
12-09-2012, 05:33 PM
ditto. but how can we feel good about this team going into the playoffs? There is a possibility we could back in with an 8-8 record. First time in a longtime i turned off a Steelers game.

Same here...can't remember the last time i walked away from a steeler game early but i did. I watched it at a bar and thought i might have saved some money on my bill because their performance was so bad it killed my appetite and i ordered no food...but this wasn't the case as i noticed my alcohol intake doubled...