PDA

View Full Version : Getting S*it off my chest...

Raleigh Steel
12-09-2012, 04:10 PM
i'm so sick and f'ing tired of watching this team play down to crappy opponents. this is a staple of the mike tomlin era. yes, tomlin has had a lot of success, lots of wins, but this team plays unfocused, uninspired football when it comes to ****-*** teams. and it's not just once in a while, IT'S ALL THE FREAKING TIME.

lebeau's defense was playing well this year when they were playing press man-to-man coverage. they did not do that today and we went back to giving up 3rd down after 3rd down. why go away from what works?

which leads me to troy. i said he shouldn't start when he got back because the D was playing great without him. troy's time has passed. he's not an asset out there, he's a liability. get will allen back on the field. don't give me the IKE being hurt excuse either. troy is done!

for those of you blasting todd haley, and wanting to crown BA as some super genius, i'll give you the same excuses that BA lovers gave for 5 years: the defense didn't cause enough turnovers...the o-line is terrible...etc... matter of fact, the game haley called today looked exactly like about 25 games that BA called...so if you are saying we shouldn't have let BA go...STFU! Ben was on pace for an MVP season until he got hurt. he was never he close to that with BA...

damn i'm pissed!!!!

NYCsteelersfan
12-09-2012, 04:15 PM
Arians is 7-2 with the Colts. Is he better than Haley? No way. Is he a better head coach than Tomlin? that's very possible. Will any offensive coordinator have trouble with this offense for as long as our offensive line is one of the worst in the NFL? Yes.

Polamalu is definitely done. His biggest contribution was completely intimidating QBs with his ball hawking ability. QBs looked for him before they threw it. Those days are over.

Clevelandsux
12-09-2012, 04:23 PM
i'm so sick and f'ing tired of watching this team play down to crappy opponents. this is a staple of the mike tomlin era. yes, tomlin has had a lot of success, lots of wins, but this team plays unfocused, uninspired football when it comes to ****-*** teams. and it's not just once in a while, IT'S ALL THE FREAKING TIME.

lebeau's defense was playing well this year when they were playing press man-to-man coverage. they did not do that today and we went back to giving up 3rd down after 3rd down. why go away from what works?

which leads me to troy. i said he shouldn't start when he got back because the D was playing great without him. troy's time has passed. he's not an asset out there, he's a liability. get will allen back on the field. don't give me the IKE being hurt excuse either. troy is done!

for those of you blasting todd haley, and wanting to crown BA as some super genius, i'll give you the same excuses that BA lovers gave for 5 years: the defense didn't cause enough turnovers...the o-line is terrible...etc... matter of fact, the game haley called today looked exactly like about 25 games that BA called...so if you are saying we shouldn't have let BA go...STFU! Ben was on pace for an MVP season until he got hurt. he was never he close to that with BA...

damn i'm pissed!!!!

Maybe we just arent that good? Cinci and baltimore both lost btw.

teeceemadison
12-09-2012, 04:30 PM
what exactly did troy have to do with the steeler cb's giving up continual third and short almost every time? troy made plays when he had to....what exactly did he do wrong????

Black@Gold Forever32
12-09-2012, 04:32 PM
what exactly did troy have to do with the steeler cb's giving up continual third and short almost every time? troy made plays when he had to....what exactly did he do wrong????

Troy's coverage was putrid today...along with the rest of the secondary......Troy isn't a difference maker at this point......better get use to it.....

LatrobePA
12-09-2012, 04:34 PM
This team was giving up less points with out Troy!

Oline was garbage today!

Ben for the most part was crap and the damn WR's cannot get open!

Clevelandsux
12-09-2012, 04:35 PM
nobody played good today, nobody!

teeceemadison
12-09-2012, 04:35 PM
Troy's coverage was putrid today...along with the rest of the secondary......Troy isn't a difference maker at this point......better get use to it.....

again, the problems were on third and short, and the cb's, NOT TROY, giving up a big cushion and letting them pick up five yards or so....TROY wasnt even in on the coverage, i dont recall one pass play where he was covering that the receiver made an big play or got a first down.....

troy was up at the line a lot, making tackles and etc...he helped break up a pass in the endzone as well while in coverage....

Raleigh Steel
12-09-2012, 04:36 PM

His style totally changed the way the entire secondary has to cover. He used to be able to cover up the deficiencies...but he can't anymore. We are better with Allen in there...

teeceemadison
12-09-2012, 04:37 PM
curtis brown was toast the whole day....

Black@Gold Forever32
12-09-2012, 04:37 PM
again, the problems were on third and short, and the cb's, NOT TROY, giving up a big cushion and letting them pick up five yards or so....TROY was even in on the coverage, i dont recall one pass play where he was covering that the receiver made an big play or got a first down.....

troy was up at the line a lot, making tackles and etc...

Gates was open a few times and Troy blew coverage...Rivers just made **** poor throws.......

Rastajacob
12-09-2012, 04:40 PM

damn i'm pissed!!!!

Puh Leeze...Haley is a terrible OC, WTF did he do while in KC? yeah, that's right..****. BA is way better than Haley, look how he rallied the Colts back to a win today when they were getting their ASSES handed to them all day by the Titans...He is a better situational coach and you fools that were calling for his head are now getting what you wanted...****ing screen passes whenever we are down 24-3 ? Genius play calling right there...

Raleigh Steel
12-09-2012, 04:46 PM
Puh Leeze...Haley is a terrible OC, WTF did he do while in KC? yeah, that's right..****. BA is way better than Haley, look how he rallied the Colts back to a win today when they were getting their ASSES handed to them all day by the Titans...He is a better situational coach and you fools that were calling for his head are now getting what you wanted...****ing screen passes whenever we are down 24-3 ? Genius play calling right there...

Apparently you didn't watch BA called games when he was in pittsburgh. He called way more ****** games than Todd did today.

Haley's offense almost beat us in the Super Bowl. And, oh yeah, lead the chiefs to the playoffs with Matt cassel.

Don't try and rewrite history after a bad game. Haley followed the BA philosophy today and we sucked *** with it!!!!

RIVERS OF STEEL
12-09-2012, 04:48 PM

Wrong place at the right time lately. Troy that is. Thumbs up.

Rastajacob
12-09-2012, 04:49 PM
Apparently you didn't watch BA called games when he was in pittsburgh. He called way more ****** games than Todd did today.

Haley's offense almost beat us in the Super Bowl. And, oh yeah, lead the chiefs to the playoffs with Matt cassel.

Don't try and rewrite history after a bad game. Haley followed the BA philosophy today and we sucked *** with it!!!!

LOL, I guess you are right, lol. maybe im just butt hurt after this game, lol

Big T
12-09-2012, 04:51 PM

You are out of your mind.

Rastajacob
12-09-2012, 04:57 PM
You are out of your mind.

I just confirmed as much, read above you...

Black@Gold Forever32
12-09-2012, 05:01 PM
Haley really hasn't improved the offensive scoring and that was one of the biggest complaints about BA......I do like the dink and dunk offense but there is times you need to air the football out downfield......Haley seems convinced we have an AP on the roster but the fact remains none of the RB's have been consistent this year and really all of these RB's need a passing game to open up room for them to run......

Willie Colon needs to be shot....I can't wait until he is off the team....keep his *** on the bench....

SuperSteelers
12-09-2012, 05:09 PM

Troy was out of position on just about every play today. Back when he had legs he could make up for being out of position. He use to chase down RBs from behind the line of scrimmage or make up ground against WRs on blown coverages . Those days are gone.

NYCsteelersfan
12-09-2012, 05:15 PM
Haley really hasn't improved the offensive scoring and that was one of the biggest complaints about BA......I do like the dink and dunk offense but there is times you need to air the football out downfield......Haley seems convinced we have an AP on the roster but the fact remains none of the RB's have been consistent this year and really all of these RB's need a passing game to open up room for them to run......

Willie Colon needs to be shot....I can't wait until he is off the team....keep his *** on the bench....

No #1 receiver and no offensive line. I blames Arians for not adjusting his play-calling to a team that clearly did not have an offensive line capable of even the slightest bit of pass protection. Haley is using dinking and dunking to combat the putrid offensive line, but at the ned of the day, we're not going to have a good consistent offense without an offensive line capable of pass protection.

Steeldriven
12-09-2012, 05:20 PM
nobody played good today, nobody!

This is the truest statement of the day....no scheme or personnel could overcome the horrible play from the players that was shown today....

North Steel
12-09-2012, 05:24 PM
The problem today was the Fu*king pathetic O line.Wtf last week Batch had time to fu*king pitch a tent,light a fire and cook some fu*king hot dogs,this week Ben is running for his life.For the life of me i cannot understand this team,Fu*k guys wake the fu*k up.:sleepy:

LastRide
12-09-2012, 05:26 PM
Guys, whats up with the running back lineing up 7-8 yards back with a foot to go for a first. What kind of idiot formation is that. Troy is a liability in coverage being too overly aggressive. He's leaving the other guys hung out to dry with bad decision making. How come we are back to the 10 yard cushions again ?. That said, evertyone played like shiit today.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-09-2012, 05:32 PM
No #1 receiver and no offensive line. I blames Arians for not adjusting his play-calling to a team that clearly did not have an offensive line capable of even the slightest bit of pass protection. Haley is using dinking and dunking to combat the putrid offensive line, but at the ned of the day, we're not going to have a good consistent offense without an offensive line capable of pass protection.

At times this year the pass protection has been solid....Today it was not and Ben was hit way to much today....Colon is a pile of dung and really should see the field unless injury happens....I was so glad Colon left the game with injury today so I hope he is out for awhile......Just put Pouncey at LG and start Legursky at center.....At least Legursky won't get called for stupid penalties like Colon the drive killer.....Pouncey had a couple **** snaps again today.......

You bitch about the OL.....They have spent two first round picks and two 2nd round picks since 2010 on OL so its time for these guys to improve or the coaches to coach them up.......Injuries have sidelined three of those high picks this year which has really again hurt the development of the OL once again.......

Raleigh Steel
12-09-2012, 05:36 PM
At times this year the pass protection has been solid....Today it was not and Ben was hit way to much today....Colon is a pile of dung and really should see the field unless injury happens....I was so glad Colon left the game with injury today so I hope he is out for awhile......Just put Pouncey at LG and start Legursky at center.....At least Legursky won't get called for stupid penalties like Colon the drive killer.....Pouncey had a couple **** snaps again today.......

THIS

NYCsteelersfan
12-09-2012, 05:43 PM
At times this year the pass protection has been solid....Today it was not and Ben was hit way to much today....

That's why I said they are not a good consistent offensive line. Their only consistency is being inconsistent. We're not talking about just having bad games every so often against good teams or having fluke performance. We're talking about them sucking at least half the time.

You bitch about the OL.....They have spent two first round picks and two 2nd round picks since 2010 on OL

I'll continue to bitch until the offensive line is actually good regardless of how many draft picks they use. Draft picks are not sure shots. This offensive line still sucks and that's the bottom line. Is it the coaching? I can't say that for sure. I rather they bring in a proven offensive lineman than to just make an OL coaching change and go through another season of $hit.

RIVERS OF STEEL
12-09-2012, 05:53 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/images/headshots/NFL/5329.jpg

"Mike Wallace caught seven passes for 112 yards and two touchdowns in the Steelers' Week 14 loss to the Chargers". (source: somewhere on the web). What ever.

Why do we always lose to the lowlifes. Or maybe we are actually the lowlifes. This is now a constant. We will lose to the lowest common denominator.

Steeldriven
12-09-2012, 06:12 PM
Why do we always lose to the lowlifes. Or maybe we are actually the lowlifes. This is now a constant. We will lose to the lowest common denominator. [/COLOR][/QUOT

This is the question i can't answer and get frustrated when it's always announced as a "upset" when we lose to these teams yet it's been a common practice for the steelers for awhile...i just wish they would start labeling the steelers more for it and maybe they would buck the trend after getting tired of hearing it.

connecticutsteel
12-09-2012, 06:52 PM
i love how all these whiners borderline steeler fans only chjme in when we lose lol

elephantman
12-09-2012, 07:10 PM
Troy was out of position on just about every play today. Back when he had legs he could make up for being out of position. He use to chase down RBs from behind the line of scrimmage or make up ground against WRs on blown coverages . Those days are gone.

-Troy isnt a difference maker anymore, bummer
-Steelers arent that good
-Ike Taylor a Big loss
- I stll am optimistic about Our D come playoff time (Ike and woodley back)
-God It was starting to feel like 2005 all over until 1.30pm today
we still will beat Balt in round 1 wild card
we lose to N.E or Den in 2nd round though, thats about all in the cards for this yr

NYCsteelersfan
12-09-2012, 07:13 PM
i love how all these whiners borderline steeler fans only chjme in when we lose lol

I love how the ball washers only ball wash or complain about those who don't ball wash. If stroking players and the team were mandatory, I would've joined a different kind of forum

Clevelandsux
12-09-2012, 07:23 PM
This is why we come on here, to vent, cheer etc. I can't stand self righteous fans who think they are better because they cheer even after a pathetic performance like today. To me, that isn't a true fan. Being realistic when your team sucks is being reaiistic. not looking through rose colored glasses. We stunk today, and the players and coaches need to hear it.

NYCsteelersfan
12-09-2012, 07:28 PM
This is why we come on here, to vent, cheer etc. I can't stand self righteous fans who think they are better because they cheer even after a pathetic performance like today. To me, that isn't a true fan. Being realistic when your team sucks is being reaiistic. not looking through rose colored glasses. We stunk today, and the players and coaches need to hear it.

Don't forget about the self righteous forum fans who think they have seniority due to their high post count, half of which consists of posts like "hate those rat birds!" "Damn those bungles!" and "brownies suck hahaha."

Black@Gold Forever32
12-09-2012, 07:40 PM
That's why I said they are not a good consistent offensive line. Their only consistency is being inconsistent. We're not talking about just having bad games every so often against good teams or having fluke performance. We're talking about them sucking at least half the time.

I'll continue to bitch until the offensive line is actually good regardless of how many draft picks they use. Draft picks are not sure shots. This offensive line still sucks and that's the bottom line. Is it the coaching? I can't say that for sure. I rather they bring in a proven offensive lineman than to just make an OL coaching change and go through another season of $hit.

Proven offensive lineman?....When are the Steelers ever major players in free agency?....Plus many teams lock up their OL if they're any good since its such an important part of the team......So my point was its useless to bitch since this team won't sign any proven OL in the off-season so you better hope some of these draft picks pan out.....

You can't judge DeCastro since he hasn't even played a regular season game yet.......Plus I'm not ready to give up on Adams or Gilbert.....Would be nice if our so called all-pro center would stop with his ****** snaps lately......So yes draft picks are not sure shots but its still to early to give up on these young OL....Its looking like offensive line coach Sean Kugler will leave after the season to be the HC at UTEP.....So the new OL coach with have some young talent to work with........

Black@Gold Forever32
12-09-2012, 07:43 PM

I chime in all the time and don't question my loyalty to the team...Just because I don't think every player, coach is perfect and think players like Wes Saunders was going to be great doesn't make me less of a fan....lol

NYCsteelersfan
12-09-2012, 07:45 PM
Proven offensive lineman?....When are the Steelers ever major players in free agency?....Plus many teams lock up their OL if they're any good since its such an important part of the team......So my point was its useless to bitch since this team won't sign any proven OL in the off-season so you better hope some of these draft picks pan out.....

You can't judge DeCastro since he hasn't even played a regular season game yet.......Plus I'm not ready to give up on Adams or Gilbert.....Would be nice if our so called all-pro center would stop with his ****** snaps lately......So yes draft picks are not sure shots but its still to early to give up on these young OL....Its looking like offensive line coach Sean Kugler will leave after the season to be the HC at UTEP.....So the new OL coach with have some young talent to work with........

It would be nice if you're right, and I'm very familiar with this team and free agency. Too bad Roethlisberger will most likely spend his career suffering behind a garbage line while Eli Manning has had 3-5 comfortable seconds on nearly every snap of his career.

elephantman
12-09-2012, 07:48 PM
no Ike taylor = trouble in Dallas next week and beyond

Ike taylor and Ryan Clarke Most Important steeler Defensve players

Black@Gold Forever32
12-09-2012, 07:51 PM
It would be nice if you're right, and I'm very familiar with this team and free agency. Too bad Roethlisberger will most likely spend his career suffering behind a garbage line while Eli Manning has had 3-5 comfortable seconds on nearly every snap of his career.

Never said you were not familiar with the team and free agency so don't take it as a personal shot....Just saying the Steelers rarely are players in free agency so I don't have my hopes up there....Last FA OL really to pan out for this team was Jeff Hartings......That was only because he was kind of a let down for the Lions as an OG and the Steelers switched him to center were he was a beast......Trust me I would be all for this team to sign some big time FA OL....Jake Long is a FA but really his play has been on decline due to injuries and that is why the Dolphins might not resign him......But would you feel comfortable having the Steelers shell out a ton of money for Jake Long?.....

Its why I'm hoping DeCastro and Adams really develop....Its to early to give up on them since they're just rookies......Getting rid of Willie Colon for good would be a step in the right direction of improving the OL......He is just terrible.......

NYCsteelersfan
12-09-2012, 08:10 PM
Never said you were not familiar with the team and free agency so don't take it as a personal shot....Just saying the Steelers rarely are players in free agency so I don't have my hopes up there....Last FA OL really to pan out for this team was Jeff Hartings......That was only because he was kind of a let down for the Lions as an OG and the Steelers switched him to center were he was a beast......Trust me I would be all for this team to sign some big time FA OL....Jake Long is a FA but really his play has been on decline due to injuries and that is why the Dolphins might not resign him......But would you feel comfortable having the Steelers shell out a ton of money for Jake Long?.....

Its why I'm hoping DeCastro and Adams really develop....Its to early to give up on them since they're just rookies......Getting rid of Willie Colon for good would be a step in the right direction of improving the OL......He is just terrible.......

I didn't take it as a personal shot bro. I was just sadly remembering all the players (Greene, Lloyd, Woodson, Kirkland, Thigpen, Burress, Faneca, etc.) we have let go to free agency in addition to all the players we passed up.

ChucktownSteeler
12-09-2012, 08:12 PM
Lake and I thought BA was a good OC. I think he probably took more criticism than he deserved.

Omicron
12-09-2012, 08:39 PM
His style totally changed the way the entire secondary has to cover. He used to be able to cover up the deficiencies...but he can't anymore. We are better with Allen in there...

I wish Troy was able to play to the same levle to cover the mistakes of others, but just can't happen like it used to. Also, those Head and Shoulders royaltly payments must be causing the wallet to exacerbate the calf strain. :)

ChucktownSteeler
12-09-2012, 08:42 PM
Troy doesn't look like he is in football shape.

teeceemadison
12-09-2012, 08:44 PM
I wish Troy was able to play to the same levle to cover the mistakes of others, but just can't happen like it used to. Also, those Head and Shoulders royaltly payments must be causing the wallet to exacerbate the calf strain. :)

im still waiting to hear which one of the three td passes that rivers threw, were troy's responsibiity....

Omicron
12-09-2012, 08:46 PM
im still waiting to hear which one of the three td passes that rivers threw, were troy's responsibiity....

I did not say that those were his responsibility. I just said that covering for the mistakes of others is just not something he can do like he used to. Just the facts of football life.

LatrobePA
12-09-2012, 09:02 PM
We're a much better team with out Troy.

pghcityofchamps
12-09-2012, 10:07 PM
This is a mediocre football team. Has been all year. The last two games have solidified that point. High against the Ravens in BAL, low at home against a bottom dweller. Tomlin preaches the "standard is the standard" and "next man up", but it doesn't matter when there is no fire there AND you're outcoached. Norv Turner outcoached him badly today! Norv "I will be fired" Turner made Tomlin his Boy Toy at Heinz with his 4-8 football team, and with some guys he brought off the street this week to play OL.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-09-2012, 10:10 PM
This is a mediocre football team. Has been all year. The last two games have solidified that point. High against the Ravens in BAL, low at home against a bottom dweller. Tomlin preaches the "standard is the standard" and "next man up", but it doesn't matter when there is no fire there AND you're outcoached. Norv Turner outcoached him badly today! Norv "I will be fired" Turner made Tomlin his Boy Toy at Heinz with his 4-8 football team, and with a some guys he brought off the street this week to play OL.

Well said but I put blame to on LeBeau.....He did nothing as DC to confuse the Chargers banged up OL who had players off the street....lol Todd Haley called one terrible of a turd football game today......His offense hasn't scored more then BA's......BA's offense at least moved the football up and down the football at will even though it sucked at times.......Haley's offense sucks at times moving 3 yards at a time....lol

pghcityofchamps
12-09-2012, 10:20 PM
I will give Haley's offense a bit of a pass. This week. It seemed that he wanted to get Ben comfortable and ease him back after missing three weeks. Maybe, at times, he was too conservative and it cost a TD with that lateral. The INT didn't help, either, but that was on Ben.
The drive to open the 2nd half was another killer. No adjustments, no pressure- Rivers chewed up 9 minutes and got an easy TD. It is disappointing that LeBeau's D couldn't get more pressure on the slow-footed Rivers. I was confused of whom had the worse OL.
It was just a **** poor effort all around. From the coaches to the players. You have to start at the top then and find out why this team looked and played uninspired. (knock knock knock. . . Tomlin. . . you there?)

Did we play OUR Super Bowl last week? Sure seems like it, huh?

SteelerCountry58
12-09-2012, 10:21 PM
This is a mediocre football team. Has been all year. The last two games have solidified that point. High against the Ravens in BAL, low at home against a bottom dweller. Tomlin preaches the "standard is the standard" and "next man up", but it doesn't matter when there is no fire there AND you're outcoached. Norv Turner outcoached him badly today! Norv "I will be fired" Turner made Tomlin his Boy Toy at Heinz with his 4-8 football team, and with some guys he brought off the street this week to play OL.

Pretty much how I feel too. When we lose it's butt ugly though. Sheesh.....:dunno:
Can't do much now,step up and get your asses together for the Cowgirls.

Clevelandsux
12-09-2012, 10:42 PM
A good coach keeps his team in check. Doesn't let them get too high after a win or too low after a loss.

SuperSteelers
12-10-2012, 12:29 PM
At this point in the season the Steelers are who they are which is just an average football team that plays down to competition. With that said, don't be surprised when they go into Dallas and win the game. Romo will choke as usual under the pressure and magnitude of the Steelers game. The win against Cincinnati was an emotional victory and they blew their whole load. Expect Dallas not to close the deal this season and miss the playoffs like usual.

Real Deal Steel
12-10-2012, 12:34 PM
What I see is a playoff trip to Denver, and another loss.

Because Ryan Clark won't play, the secondary will then fall apart, Von Miller will be terrorizing Ben, and will be eliminated.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-10-2012, 12:45 PM
I really don't know what to expect from this team anymore so I'm done trying to figure them out and with predictions for this team....Just going to see how the season plays out......All I can say this Steelers team has been one of the most inconsistent teams that I have ever seen.....