PDA

View Full Version : WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?!?!?!

Rhys Lightning 63
12-09-2012, 04:20 PM
26-3 DOWN TO THE CHARGERS!!!
CINCI BEATING DALLAS BY 19-10!!!

It WAS a case of having teams breathing down our necks to get that final spot in the WildCard, now it looks like we're gonna have to do the breathing.

PICK IT UP BOYS, COME ON!!!

Rastajacob
12-09-2012, 04:35 PM
Do you even want to go to the playoffs with a performance like the one they have shown today?

Rhys Lightning 63
12-09-2012, 04:41 PM
Do you even want to go to the playoffs with a performance like the one they have shown today?

This week no, last week yes

NYCsteelersfan
12-09-2012, 04:49 PM

Exactly. Averaging the Steelers good performances with their bad, they are a below average, borderline bad team. Just another season without the playoffs under Tomlin with a top 5 QB on our team.

steelers4life66
12-09-2012, 04:53 PM
WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?!?!?!

We're being treated like bitches.

Clevelandsux
12-09-2012, 05:04 PM
awful

Rastajacob
12-09-2012, 05:56 PM
Exactly. Averaging the Steelers good performances with their bad, they are a below average, borderline bad team. Just another season without the playoffs under Tomlin with a top 5 QB on our team.

This. ANd unfortunately, it may get alot worse unless we figure out a way to **** the bed in the last three weeks, then the point will be moot. I am kind of nervous to got to the playoffs this year anyhow, Marsha Brady, Denver, and/or Houston would light us up...Im still on the fence about the Texans being an "elite" team, but the first two...they would eat us for lunch...

Omicron
12-09-2012, 07:14 PM
Problems in order for this game:
1. - coaching
2. - officiating (just plain crap; getting sick of these idiotic, morons who call themselves referees)
3. - offense
4. - special teams

The way I see it.

RIVERS OF STEEL
12-09-2012, 07:19 PM
[QUOTE=Omicron;526351]Problems in order for this game:
1. - coaching
2. - officiating (just plain crap; getting sick of these idiotic, morons who call themselves referees)
3. - offense
4. - special teams

The officiating was so bad that it deserves a thread especially devoted to it.

Nolrog
12-09-2012, 07:30 PM
Problems in order for this game:
1. - coaching
3. - offense
4. - special teams

The way I see it.

Which of those gave up the 34 points?

Omicron
12-09-2012, 07:41 PM
I stand by it. Defense looked haggard at the end trying to fight it out the way I saw it.

Nolrog
12-09-2012, 07:46 PM
For the last 2 years, the Steelers have had major problems with QB pressure. Offensively, allowing pressure, which goes back even further and defensively, we saw last year for the first time and continued this year our total inability to pressure the opposing QB (which results in turn overs.)

They likely addressed the offense with 4 high picks in the last 3 years, including two #1s for the OL.

Getting pressure on the QB defensively has become a major and ongoing problem. Pittsburgh is tied for 13th in taking the ball away and near the bottom on giving it away, resulting in a -11 difference.

You want to see problems guys, look no further than the defensive performance. This is not a Steeler defense; giving up late game leads to a team like the Raiders. The #1 ranking of this defense is a joke. They don't harass the QB like they should, they don't create big plays, turn overs and TDs like they used to. And it's only going to get worse from here.

This next draft, we need a defensive play maker, pure and simple. It really doesn't matter the position. Ideally, it would be a safety or MILB, but if it happens to be an OLB or a DE, then so be it. It's such a critical need that we should even consider trading down to get them (give up the 1 and 2 to move up and get that guy or something.)

I don't totally disagree with the coaching comment. They play down to the level of the opponent. They make too many mistakes mentally, from penalties to lack of protecting the ball. I blame that all on the coaching; well coached teams don't make those kinds of mistakes.

I also don't disagree with the special teams comment. That has also been a problem for us. Bobby April is part of the Eagles coaching staff, which will all likely be looking for jobs next year. We should go after him and fix this problem once and for all.

Nolrog
12-09-2012, 07:50 PM
I stand by it. Defense looked haggard at the end trying to fight it out the way I saw it.

When you let the opposing team go on a 17 play, 78 yard, 9 and a half minute drive, that tends to wear you out.

The offense wasn't spectacular, no question, but you cannot dismiss the defensive performance.

Omicron
12-09-2012, 08:17 PM
When you let the opposing team go on a 17 play, 78 yard, 9 and a half minute drive, that tends to wear you out.

The offense wasn't spectacular, no question, but you cannot dismiss the defensive performance.

I do agree with you there, but I should have stated my other comment with more info. I think the offense constantly being out in bad field position in the first half, coupled with the offense accomplishing nothing in the first half, caused some defense issues. I think the D did a good job for the most part in the first half, but fell pressure to the constant bailouts and it showed in the second half. Plus the lack of getting any turnovers is just killing them.

Real Deal Steel
12-09-2012, 11:41 PM
seems losing Ike Taylor was a blow the defense couldn't stand.

coldrolled
12-09-2012, 11:59 PM
TOP was awful..... 4th and inches we needed to punt.. we would have had a chance to turn field position in the first half.