PDA

View Full Version : Kugler to be the next head coach at UTEP?

BlitzburghRockCity
12-08-2012, 01:08 PM
Reports started last night that the UTEP Miners want Steelers OL Coach Sean Kugler as their new head coach. Nothing official yet from the Steelers or Kugler but it seems like something is in the works.

Either way he's not going to leave until the season is over but I'll be interested in who they bring in to replace him. Kugs has done a good job overall putting together an OL with so many different injuries every year. I still wonder about the conditioning of these guys and find it hard to believe that everything with injuries over the past several years has been coincidence.

While reports are swirling that Sean Kugler is the next head man of the UTEP football team, rumor has it there has been no official acceptance.

As most already know, various outlets around the internet are reporting that former Miner, and current Pittsburgh Steeler offensive line coach Sean Kugler will be the new head coach of the UTEP football team. While there has been no official confirmation from university officials, it does seem like that could be the case.

Footballscoop.com is reporting that Kugler will be the next head coach (http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop), while Pete Rousel's coachingsearch.com is merely reporting thathe has interviewed, and is the frontrunner for the job.
(http://www.coachingsearch.com/coaching-search-ticker.html)

Rumor has it that Sean Kugler has been offered that job, but there has been no official acceptance. Apparently, the job is Kugler's to turn down. It is unclear when any official announcement will come, but with word spreading like wildfire, one would think it would come sooner rather than later.

Regardless of when it is announced, expect the coach to be officially introduced at the December 17th men's basketball game against #21 UNLV. Stay tuned to MinerRush for more on this story and more, as new details become available.

http://www.minerrush.com/2012/12/7/3742610/sean-kugler-could-be-the-next-utep-head-coach

steelchamp204
12-08-2012, 02:07 PM
Kugler has been OK. Lets not give him to much credit. Yea, the line does good when being switched around but he had some years where the line never improved at all. Ben gettng hit to much can be contributed to Ben holding onto the ball a little to much, but the line also sucked *** half the time anyways. I dont think if he leaves here it hurts the team at all. We will find someone else.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-08-2012, 03:04 PM
He was an upgrade over coach Z.......But it won't be hard to replace an OL coach......

steelchamp204
12-08-2012, 03:19 PM
Bring back Russ Grimm? That would be epic, it wouldnt hve a chance though.

greg1964
12-08-2012, 06:06 PM
Why....coach Grim hasn't done anythig with the OL in Az. even through he had 1st round tanlent. I personnel think Grim is the one overated not Coach K. Besides, It has only been reported that UTEP wants him, not that he will except. Lets not be so quick to push coach K out the door. Or we could have a situration like the Eagles.:tt02:

BlacknGoldHaze
12-08-2012, 06:49 PM
I wish him luck at UTEP.....why wouldn't he accept?

BlacknGoldHaze
12-08-2012, 08:28 PM
KDKA is reporting that Kugler has accepted UTEP's offer....Good luck Sean.....