PDA

View Full Version : Should Ben start ?

Vincent
12-07-2012, 04:04 PM
We managed to beat Baltimore without him. Batch looks much more confidant and able. As a matter of fact, if it wasn't for some keep drops and fumbles we would have won the game by two possessions.

So why is Ben playing against a 4-8 team when he is obviously not 100 percent ? It will only take one hit to crack his ribs even more - or even dislocate his shoulder again. We need him around for the playoffs !

bad decision by Tomlin, imo

v

ChucktownSteeler
12-07-2012, 04:06 PM
Yes, if medically cleared he should start. If the Raiders, Titans, and Browns can beat us, I am taking no other team lightly.

C-town

LatrobePA
12-07-2012, 05:33 PM
Are you kidding me, another thread!

Vincent
12-07-2012, 07:41 PM
Are you kidding me, another thread!

It's the only poll on the subject.

v

Goodfrom55
12-07-2012, 07:48 PM
There are no giveaway games on the schedule; IMO the playoff start on Sunday. Ben is healthy, Ben has been cleared, Ben should play. If the Steelers get up big at the start of the 4th quarter, Ben should be taken out.

Vincent
12-07-2012, 08:04 PM
If the Steelers get up big at the start of the 4th quarter, Ben should be taken out.

I'd be willing to bet Tomlin won't take him out even if we're up by 3 TD's with 5min left. He hasn't in the past. He has even started Ben while he's injured in games that had no bearing on the playoffs, win or lose.

v

steelspikes
12-07-2012, 08:42 PM
I started this thread (minus the poll) on Monday. Why start another one? It's no longer a question: #7 is starting.

terrible.towel43
12-07-2012, 09:02 PM
Any team can beat us any Sunday. If Ben is ready to go, start him. I don't want his first game coming back into cowboy stadium either...

Vincent
12-07-2012, 09:20 PM
I started this thread (minus the poll) on Monday. Why start another one? It's no longer a question: #7 is starting.

calm down, I didn't see it.

...and ftr : the question isn't WILL he start, it's SHOULD he start ... ?

v

Big T
12-08-2012, 01:34 AM
Ben has been medically cleared, he can make every throw needed from an NFL QB, and we're fighting for a playoff spot...

I don't know how everyone else sees it, but to me it's pretty obvious...

Absolutely, 100 percent Ben should and will start.

RIVERS OF STEEL
12-08-2012, 09:57 AM
He will start. Isn't this posted somewhere else around here?

Farrior Fan
12-08-2012, 10:50 AM
i agree with the earlier post, if we are up by 3 scores with less than 10 minutes and the D has held SD to under 10 points then put in Charlie. Of course we could leave Ben in there and run the ball the entire time. I would be ok with that, and if he has to throw tell him he has 2 seconds to get rid of the ball or he will be on the bench for the next play.

steelspikes
12-08-2012, 11:49 AM
calm down, I didn't see it.

...and ftr : the question isn't WILL he start, it's SHOULD he start ... ?

v I'm very calm; just sayin' that when a pre-existing thread has over 5,000 views, usually not a great idea to start a more or less identical one. A.k.a. "beating a dead horse."

steelchamp204
12-08-2012, 01:07 PM
I'm very calm; just sayin' that when a pre-existing thread has over 5,000 views, usually not a great idea to start a more or less identical one. A.k.a. "beating a dead horse."

Yea, the Ben and Mike Wallace stuff if played out for atleast the offseason now.