PDA

View Full Version : Wallace admits to struggling and loosing focus, blames offensive scheme of Haley

ChucktownSteeler
12-07-2012, 10:10 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000107090/article/mike-wallace-struggles-to-focus-in-steelers-offense

I.E., Will be a Colt next season

Steeler4life
12-07-2012, 10:17 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000107090/article/mike-wallace-struggles-to-focus-in-steelers-offense

I.E., Will be a Colt next season

Yea no kidding. The guy holds out, comes in the week before season, then struggles. The only system he has ever known in the NFL is Arians.

With that said, the fact that this guy simply just put it out into the public that he doesn't adjust well to change would really make me hesitate to hire him if I was the GM of another team. he is basically saying it's Arians or bust for me.

cmerrifield
12-07-2012, 10:30 AM
So franchise him and trade him to the Colts. They are going to the playoffs, so take their 2nd round pick, it would be late enough to consider it and we need the picks.

sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk 2

Real Deal Steel
12-07-2012, 10:35 AM
He also said that he losses focus when the balls are not all coming to him. This guy has turned into a premodonna and for the life of me, I can't see what he's done to make him think that way. He hasn't put up super duper numbers like Reggie Wayne or Fitzgerald.

Wallace is a blooming Ocho Cinco in the making and I want him out of here.

connecticutsteel
12-07-2012, 10:41 AM
bench him and play plax,brownie,sanders and cotch

scudmissile29
12-07-2012, 10:51 AM
he just needs to die seriously.

always disappearing mid-way through the season.

In other words, he's only effective for the first month of the season.

Hey Mike, pack your bags to Indianapolis and don't get hit by a train or car.

RIVERS OF STEEL
12-07-2012, 10:53 AM
Another TO.

LatrobePA
12-07-2012, 10:57 AM
He also blamed his drops to not getting the ball as often. This has drama written all over it!

Real Deal Steel
12-07-2012, 11:06 AM
The guy is a freaking fool. We need to tag him and see who gives us the best offer for him.

Rams, Colts, Vikings..these are teams that come to mind that will definitely inquire about his services. I'd happily take a second round pick for him.

SnakeEyes43
12-07-2012, 11:29 AM
Ohhhhh. So he is the selfish, ignorant, no-heart, tool we've all been saying he is?

http://oilonwhyte.com/files/2010/11/new.jpg

terrible.towel43
12-07-2012, 12:11 PM
I've been one of his biggest supporters up until this season but his act is starting to get transparent. He really isn't that good, and his attitude is awful, I just hope we can get more for him than we got for Santonio

ChucktownSteeler
12-07-2012, 12:54 PM
Oddly enough, we got AB for Santonio. We drafted AB with the pick from the Jets.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-07-2012, 02:02 PM
That article sucked ***.........Again I say it the Steelers knew the Wallace situation wasn't going to be smooth so they're partly to blame for this as well......Wallace wasn't a former first round pick who signed a huge deal and really Mike Wallace out played his rookie contract.....Wallace did seem to focus late in the Ravens game when he did make some big catches late.....

The comparison to Mucho Stinko is way off....Wallace has never did any of the stunts and antics of Mucho Stinko........Mike Wallace still has time to redeem himself especially if the Steelers make the post-season......

scudmissile29
12-07-2012, 02:10 PM
lol b@g32, its admirable that you're still a fan

Goodfrom55
12-07-2012, 02:19 PM
He also blamed his drops to not getting the ball as often. This has drama written all over it!

That's what jumped out at me too. Good the he acknowledged his lack of focus, but because he is not getting the ball? Elite receivers don't have those lapses in focus. If he wants the ball, then he needs to work on breaking the double team/ Afterall, on most passing plays, he is the 1st read.

I could see him on the Colts next year if not in a Steelers uniform. I think they'll franchise him too and buy time to work out a deal. Unfortunately for him, with each passing game of mediocre productivity, his market value continues to slide.

LatrobePA
12-07-2012, 02:21 PM
That's what jumped out at me too. Good the he acknowledged his lack of focus, but because he is not getting the ball? Elite receivers don't have those lapses in focus. If he wants the ball, then he needs to work on breaking the double team/ Afterall, on most passing plays, he is the 1st read.

I could see him on the Colts next year if not in a Steelers uniform. I think they'll franchise him too and buy time to work out a deal. Unfortunately for him, with each passing game of mediocre productivity, his market value continues to slide.

I didn't like that and that's all ill say! lol

SnakeEyes43
12-07-2012, 02:22 PM
"WAIT! IM NOT FOCUSED!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOO!"
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-q1UKGyHgPg8/UIcvL9ZtkjI/AAAAAAAAAHo/zfShWKMhS2k/s1600/wallace.png

cbrunn
12-07-2012, 02:28 PM
Yeah I don't find much wrong with what he said ... every player especially WR thinks they should get the ball everytime and think they're open every time

He admitted he loses focus ... and he isn't used to dropping the ball and blamed it on his focus issues ...

BUT

He also said it's a change and he's getting used to it...

now should he beat the double team and what not... Yes sometimes ... but the fact that He's getting double teamed opens everything else up... and that's worth something

and he did come through late in the Bmore game last week ... but don't worry he won't get credit for it..

but anyway let the hate continue ...

I just want all the WR together for the long run ...

Goodfrom55
12-07-2012, 02:37 PM
He will receive more scrutiny than the other guys simply from his actions - holding out. If Sanders doesn't fumble that pefect pass thrown to himi by Batch, he is STILL running. Brown shouldn't have thrown the ball last week; should have kept it and took a small gain.

All the WR's are screwing up to a degree, but Wallace held out and has underperformed. On the other hand, he goes and makes a play in the Giants game that turned the game in the Steelers favor. As fans, we expect it, but we can't always have it both ways. I agree he opens it up for the other guys to get more involved, which is a plus, but he still has to find a way to get open and be relevant.

cbrunn
12-07-2012, 02:40 PM
"WAIT! IM NOT FOCUSED!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOO!"
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-q1UKGyHgPg8/UIcvL9ZtkjI/AAAAAAAAAHo/zfShWKMhS2k/s1600/wallace.png

WAIT!!! I MADE EVERYBODY DO A DOUBLE TAKE!!! NOOOOOO WAY HE CAUGHT THAT!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10ShnWvy56g

:2guns::2guns: I'm still team Wallace

cbrunn
12-07-2012, 02:45 PM
He will receive more scrutiny than the other guys simply from his actions - holding out. If Sanders doesn't fumble that pefect pass thrown to himi by Batch, he is STILL running. Brown shouldn't have thrown the ball last week; should have kept it and took a small gain.

All the WR's are screwing up to a degree, but Wallace held out and has underperformed. On the other hand, he goes and makes a play in the Giants game that turned the game in the Steelers favor. As fans, we expect it, but we can't always have it both ways. I agree he opens it up for the other guys to get more involved, which is a plus, but he still has to find a way to get open and be relevant.

Hey a post about Wallace that makes sense and not just Pure Hate :yellowthumb:

I agree he has to find a way to get more involved even when they double team him...
but as far as underachieving not to sure I agree with that so much... I mean he's Statistically our best WR... and he's not the one that got a contract ...

But I agree all the WR need to step it up a little

cmerrifield
12-07-2012, 02:55 PM
Hey a post about Wallace that makes sense and not just Pure Hate :yellowthumb:

but as far as underachieving not to sure I agree with that so much... I mean he's Statistically our best WR... and he's not the one that got a contract ...

Heath has 4 more catches, 3 less yards and 1 more TD. I am not sure that you can say statistically he is our best receiver. Also, dont forget, he was offered what Brown took, so dont whine that he doesnt have the contract, he wanted more than 10 million a year.

Real Deal Steel
12-07-2012, 02:59 PM
Funny,

A wide receiver who in camp said his holdout wouldn't hurt his contribution because he'd been studying the offense already and had a playbook. Remember that???

Now....he says because of the offense, he's lost focus????????????????????? :rolleyes:

If his *** would have been in camp, maybe he'd be used to how the offense works!!!!

So then you say that ALL the WR's are messing up...but not all of the the WR are asking for number one wide receiver money are they?? :rolleyes:

So it's okay to want to pay a guy because he draws a double team??? But unlike the real # 1 Wide Receivers around the league, he loses focus and even when FOCUSED, can't produce when double teamed like other number one wide receivers.

He's only statistically our best WR because AB has been hurt. But Wallace is in no way (other then straight line speed) a better wide receiver overall then AB.

NeilPatrickBanana
12-07-2012, 03:09 PM
i dont see why the Colts would make the investment considering the young core of receivers they have, and are having success with... I think he ends up in Miami

cmerrifield
12-07-2012, 03:14 PM
i dont see why the Colts would make the investment considering the young core of receivers they have, and are having success with... I think he ends up in Miami

BA was the one who got Wallace drafted. He was begging for him in the war room. He would love to have his "toy" back.

cbrunn
12-07-2012, 03:16 PM
I don't know how to double quote ...

so @ cmerrifield ... yeah I didn't take Heath into consideration ... he's having a great season... I wish they utilized him more... most under rated TE in the league

also how do you know he was offered what Brown took??? ... just wondering ... Also he been producing every year he been in the league, he deserves more then Brown ... just my 2 cents

@ real deal ... well he doesn't have the stature of any of those #1 type guys your referring to... and as i've stated I think Wallace is worth around 6-7 mil a year... He should and will from somebody get @ least around what Desean Jackson got, whatever he got, I'm not to sure...

also I'm not an expert on Stats ... but I'm pretty sure Wallace #'s over his first 3 or 4 yrs are comparable to Fitz ... at least that's what I read before

and No Brown would not have the TD production that Wallace has even if he didn't miss what 2 games... when they were both healthy w/ Ben ... Catches and Yards was about even but TDs Wallace was like 4 or 5 ahead of Brown

cbrunn
12-07-2012, 03:20 PM
I would Hate to see us lose Wallace ... As i said I just want the WR core together for the long haul

but Wallace end up on the Redskins ... Garcon and Wallace and the way RGIII throws the deep ball ... woooaaa

cmerrifield
12-07-2012, 03:26 PM
It was posted by several Pittsburgh reports, Ed and others that there was a 5 year 50 million dollar deal on the table when the hold out started and they took it off the table when he didn't show. I am assuming they were right because it wasn't LaCanfora :)

scudmissile29
12-07-2012, 03:26 PM
WAIT!!! I MADE EVERYBODY DO A DOUBLE TAKE!!! NOOOOOO WAY HE CAUGHT THAT!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10ShnWvy56g

:2guns::2guns: I'm still team Wallace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHX9qLVTHjE

cbrunn
12-07-2012, 04:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHX9qLVTHjE

This was a great Defense of a play ... not so much a drop ... The defense wins too sometimes ...

personally he should of thrown the ball to that looks like Heath... looks to be open coming out in the flat for a first... maybe he gets tackled before the Line but I trust heath to get that First

jpele
12-07-2012, 05:21 PM

Nice try Mike, in your first three years you averaged 3.6 catches per game this year your average is 4.3 per game

ChucktownSteeler
12-07-2012, 05:25 PM
I don't know, looks like Wally should have caught that.

cbrunn
12-07-2012, 06:03 PM
I don't know, looks like Wally should have caught that.

So your just going to be oblivious to the fact you can clearly see Williams hands go up between Wallace and knocks the ball loose?

I understand you don't like the man .... but come on man

Stone
12-07-2012, 07:59 PM
I saw it start mid way through 2010. Once defenses realized he wouldn't fight for the ball and all you had to do to stop him was don't let him behind you.......he was toast!

Number99
12-08-2012, 10:06 AM
So Mr. Wallace you blame Haley's scheme? So then what happened to you last year in the final 8 games? Was it Mr. Arians fault too?

greg1964
12-08-2012, 05:09 PM
Can't focus when all this money is one the line: His lost

Sojourner
12-08-2012, 05:26 PM
I see this more of a coaching issue than a Wallace issue. Scottie Montgomery should either be working on getting Mike's head right or kicking him all around the field until Mike gets his own head right.
Coach Tomlin put on a show of knocking Wallace down in the pecking order. It will be interesting to see if he actually has to follow through with that or if Wallace's talent and his head get in sync so he doesn't have to.
Wallace does have the ability to be the best wide reviver we have but fortunately we have guy's who can step up and preform at a high level in his stead if he continues to allow whatever it is he has going on that's not letting his ability shine through.

BlacknGoldHaze
12-08-2012, 05:34 PM
I hope he goes to Oakland.....would love to watch his frustration as Palmer bounces passes to him......

BlacknGoldHaze
12-08-2012, 05:36 PM
But I'm betting the Colts remember this.............

http://youtu.be/tIxL5G99yPQ

greg1964
12-09-2012, 08:02 AM
Scheme would effect how many times he is targeted, not how many times he catches the ball: His issue is drops, not being part of the game plan. It's always easier to blame others form our short comings then except responisablity ourselves.

coldrolled
12-09-2012, 10:23 AM
If he keeps dropping them, isnt he just another Sweed?

Maybe he has Lyme disease also..

Nolrog
12-09-2012, 11:34 AM
I love it when people start blaming everyone else for their failures. It's Haley's fault Wallace lost focus. /sigh

Real Deal Steel
12-09-2012, 12:25 PM
I have a feeling that Wallace will show up today. Just a gut feeling that Ben is going to go and tell Wallace that "Your my man" and that Wallace is going to respond to that. Chargers can be beat deep, and Ben is going to go deep..and he trust Wallace on those 9 routes.

Big T
12-09-2012, 02:11 PM
I have a feeling that Wallace will show up today. Just a gut feeling that Ben is going to go and tell Wallace that "Your my man" and that Wallace is going to respond to that. Chargers can be beat deep, and Ben is going to go deep..and he trust Wallace on those 9 routes.

Had a chance on that deep ball. Inaccurate throw, would've been a TD if he had thrown it in front of Wallace. Wallace had a chance but it would've been a great catch.

JensK
12-09-2012, 02:26 PM
Wallace has to catch that ball, period. He was out saying he was not getting many chances down the field. Well, that was one right there. He had to adjust like a yard because of a good defensive play, but the ball was easily catchable but it went right through his hands. There is not much more to it as I see it.

Big T
12-09-2012, 02:38 PM
I just re-watched that Wallace deep ball. I have no problem admitting I was wrong. The throw should been better, and Wallace might've had 6, but Wallace should've made that catch.

I was wrong.

Steeler4life
12-09-2012, 03:03 PM
I just got back from the bar and left at halftime. I usually don't complain about players and their actions as I like to look at all angels to form my own conclusion but I posted early in this thread about his reasons mainly because of his actions leading to them since he held out and now after that deep ball miss, I am done with him.

I don't care if the Steelers keep him or not but either way he is certainly not worth the money he wanted or the money AB got with his off field comments and play on the field.If someone else like Indy wants to pay him and wipe his *** too, go for it.

The throw was not perfect but lets face it, BB has padding on that is good enough to insulate a Space Shuttle for re-entry and his working the rust off. Got to help the guy out and that was a very matchable ball just the way Wallace likes, one on one deep.

Maybe he need to borrow Sweed's glasses.

JensK
12-09-2012, 03:25 PM
Great catch by Wallace that time. Gotta give credit where its due, and Wallace made a wonderful catch there.

Big T
12-09-2012, 03:30 PM
Great catch by Wallace that time. Gotta give credit where its due, and Wallace made a wonderful catch there.

That he did. Great throw by Ben as well with a defender all over him.

Clevelandsux
12-09-2012, 04:11 PM
screw wallace. he quit.

terrible.towel43
12-09-2012, 04:42 PM
Get rid of him, he's garbage

Get7With7
12-09-2012, 05:09 PM
Wallace might be having a bad year, but so far this offense is no better than last year's.