PDA

View Full Version : More Plaxico?

BLACKandGOLD
12-06-2012, 08:23 PM
I'm not saying that Plaxico should be in on every single play here but I think that he needs to get some more plays. He barely played at all during the Ravens. The guy has lost a few steps but hes still a big target and now that Ben is back, him and Plax have some chemistry from when they played before. He has been back long enough and should have a bigger role than just a redzone guy. Its a perfect way to give wallace, brown, or sanders, a break every so often.

K Train
12-06-2012, 08:33 PM
plax is not and has never been a good cold off the bench player...which makes it tough to get him involved in the offense with the top 4 guys all playing quite a bit

BLACKandGOLD
12-06-2012, 08:37 PM
With Cotchery out I just think he should get more of an opportunity

Ironman92
12-06-2012, 08:44 PM
I would like to see him get 2 first downs a game. Use him to lineup maybe 10-12 offensive plays.

K Train
12-06-2012, 08:54 PM
With Cotchery out I just think he should get more of an opportunity

4 as in wallace brown sanders miller.

although i do think plax gets a few grabs with ben coming back

LatrobePA
12-06-2012, 09:00 PM
Ben, Heath, Plex in the redzone will be hard to defend IMO!

LarryNJ
12-06-2012, 09:13 PM
How many times were we in the red zone the last 2 games?

RIVERS OF STEEL
12-06-2012, 10:06 PM

Real good combo.

Ironman92
12-06-2012, 11:34 PM
How many times were we in the red zone the last 2 games?

Ours? 2

Theirs 46

Steeldriven
12-07-2012, 12:43 AM
When i was watching the game i remember wishing it was plax that batch was throwing to on what was his overthrow to wallace because of my memories of his leaping grabs in his early years. I would say now that ben is coming back his involvement in the offense will increase...it has to because ben is that good...

Real Deal Steel
12-07-2012, 01:05 AM

Look,

With Ben back, There is just no reason why we shouldn't get at least 3 TD's a game now with Plex, Heath and Wallace and Dwyer slamming it in from in close.

ChucktownSteeler
12-07-2012, 09:47 AM
With Ben back, Plax will be utilized much more.

Goodfrom55
12-07-2012, 03:31 PM
With Ben back, if the Steelers get inside the 10, don't be surprised if there is a high fade pass to Plax. If nothing else, he serves as a decoy in the red zone for this reason.

cbrunn
12-07-2012, 03:33 PM
He's a Red Zone receiver and nothing more ..

lets not get crazy here ... He was signed to be the 4th WR incase Injury and Red Zone threat

Although most of you guys would probably rather him Starting and Wallace benched lol :stirpot:

SnakeEyes43
12-07-2012, 03:35 PM
I'd like to see Brown, Sanders, and Plax. Cotch as an additional rotation. If Wallace is gonna pout and cry about "not being focused" when he doesn't get the ball enough, then F' him. Hit the bench you tool.

Vincent
12-07-2012, 04:55 PM
When i was watching the game i remember wishing it was plax that batch was throwing to on what was his overthrow to wallace because of my memories of his leaping grabs in his early years. I would say now that ben is coming back his involvement in the offense will increase...it has to because ben is that good...

yha, and unlike Wallace, Plax may have even made an effort to catch the ball instead of just giving up and watching it float over his head.

hey, even if you can't catch it just jump. It makes me feel better.

v

ChucktownSteeler
12-07-2012, 05:01 PM
I thought Wallace should have made an attempt in the end zone.

I am not inferring he had a chance of making the catch, but just would have appreciated an effort.

Just sayin'.

cbrunn
12-07-2012, 05:05 PM
:lol:

Goodfrom55
12-07-2012, 05:22 PM
If healthy, Wallace needs to be on the field, no matter the capacity. As a guy who is gonna draw the double team or the guy running a 9 route, he serves a purpose out there. I'm not totally down on him, but I need to see more effort going after balls throw his way.

tburg68
12-08-2012, 02:32 PM
I'd like to see Brown, Sanders, and Plax. Cotch as an additional rotation. If Wallace is gonna pout and cry about "not being focused" when he doesn't get the ball enough, then F' him. Hit the bench you tool.

I thought Wallace should have made an attempt in the end zone.

I am not inferring he had a chance of making the catch, but just would have appreciated an effort.

Just sayin'.

The beat goes on..........

Black@Gold Forever32
12-08-2012, 03:13 PM
Ok I agree you can question Wallace's effort lately but him not jumping for that over thrown ball in the end zone....Come on that is just ridiculous......lol

Black@Gold Forever32
12-08-2012, 03:14 PM
At least Wallace admitted that he hasn't been focusing lately......People seem to forget he made some big catches late in that game as well...one on a 3rd and 7 to keep the chains moving........

ChucktownSteeler
12-08-2012, 04:15 PM
Ok I agree you can question Wallace's effort lately but him not jumping for that over thrown ball in the end zone....Come on that is just ridiculous......lol

Why would that be ridiculous? Give it a try Wallace, your attitude sucks.

Whether he likes it or not, he is paid over 2 million dollars to play a game. Anyone in here make that much?

Black@Gold Forever32
12-08-2012, 05:29 PM

Whether he likes it or not, he is paid over 2 million dollars to play a game. Anyone in here make that much?

like I said ridiculous......You guys are just looking for every reason to bash the guy now.......Of course nobody makes that much and its even more ridiculous to compare us to pro athletes....

terrible.towel43
12-08-2012, 06:47 PM

k I'm all for pointing out mistakes but this is a terrible argument. The ball was 20 yards over his head, it almost went in the stands, he would have looked like an idiot to try and jump to catch it. Like B&G said now you're just looking for reasons to bash him.

Big T
12-08-2012, 08:13 PM
k I'm all for pointing out mistakes but this is a terrible argument. The ball was 20 yards over his head, it almost went in the stands, he would have looked like an idiot to try and jump to catch it. Like B&G said now you're just looking for reasons to bash him.

Exactly. And look, I know that Wallace's focus and effort have been less than ideal to say the least these last few games, but most are forgetting that he was putting together a pretty decent season before Ben got injured. Especially when you factor in the fact that they've rarely used the deep ball. I understand a lot of the Wallace criticism, obviously, but it's getting to the point where anything positive about him is being completely ignored (his decent season before Ben went out, his 3 catches including 2 big first downs on the game winning drive against Baltimore) while the negatives are being amplified.

Again, he deserves criticism, but let's not pretend that his production hasn't fallen off the past 4 weeks in large part due to Ben being out. Larry Fitzgerald is without a doubt a top 3 receiver in this league, and a surefire Hall of Famer. And don't think I'm trying to compare Wallace to Fitz. Everyone knows that Wallace isn't near the receiver Fitz is. But don't you think Fitz' lack of production this season (and the last few games particularly) has something to do with the completely laughable QB play in Arizona? The last 3 games he's had a total 5 catches on 26 targets for a total of 65 yards and 0 TDs. He's also had games of 1 catch on 5 targets for 4 yards and 0 TDs, and 4 catches on 7 targets for 29 yards and 0 TDs. With how great Fitz is, isn't it more than likely that he isn't completely to blame for his lack of production? Again, Wallace is no Fitz and hes had problems focusing... But acting like the putrid QB play from Leftwich (KC and Baltimore) and Batch (Cleveland, wide open miss for a TD in Baltimore) had nothing to do with Wallace's drop in production is ridiculous and just blind hatred of the man.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-08-2012, 09:02 PM
I'm glad Wallace admitted it has been lack of focus....At least he came clean about it and if the Steelers make the post-season then he will have the chance to further redeem himself....I know I will be cheering for Wallace to have a monster post-season.....

Big T
12-08-2012, 09:05 PM
I'm glad Wallace admitted it has been lack of focus....At least he came clean about it and if the Steelers make the post-season then he will have the chance to further redeem himself....I know I will be cheering for Wallace to have a monster post-season.....

I feel the exact same way...

SnakeEyes43
12-08-2012, 10:25 PM
I know I will be cheering for Wallace to have a monster post-season.....

I'm secretly hoping this too, kind of like Holmes' 2008 post season surge. Any Steelers fan has to hope that Wallace turns things around this year, just not sure it will happen. I've been very disappointed in him thus far, but hopefully he gets his sh*t together. I've been pretty hard on him, but he's earned it with his play this year. I'll gladly eat crow, hand over hand, if we win a Super Bowl and he's a big part of it.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-08-2012, 10:43 PM
I'm secretly hoping this too, kind of like Holmes' 2008 post season surge. Any Steelers fan has to hope that Wallace turns things around this year, just not sure it will happen. I've been very disappointed in him thus far, but hopefully he gets his sh*t together. I've been pretty hard on him, but he's earned it with his play this year. I'll gladly eat crow, hand over hand, if we win a Super Bowl and he's a big part of it.

Its your right of a fan to be critical of any player....What drives me nuts is when Wallace does something wrong he is the antichrist then when AB drops a pass or fumbles the ball there is barely a peep....lol Plus some questioned Mike Wallace as a number 1 WR but they think AB is.........AB will never be a number 1 WR but he is a damn good number 2..........I'm not saying Mike Wallace is a true number 1 WR but he is more then AB......30 career receiving TD's in almost 4 full seasons is pretty damn good.......

I havn't been a fan of Mike's effort of late either but when a player has outplayed his rookie contract and he doesn't have a long term deal locked then its hard for a player to really give it his all.........The Steelers knew he wasn't going to be easy to resign so I do think they mishandled the Wallace situation.......

Black@Gold Forever32
12-08-2012, 10:59 PM
speaking of Plax here is a cool article......I always liked Burress and wanted him resigned as well.....

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/309 ... z2EW926RL7 (http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/3097549-85/burress-steelers-role#ixzz2EW926RL7)

http://steelerfury.com/phpBB/styles/black_pearl/imageset/post_exclamation.png (http://steelerfury.com/phpBB/report.php?f=3&p=549679)

SnakeEyes43
12-08-2012, 11:10 PM
There was also a good interview on Steelers.com.

http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio/videos/Plaxico-Burress-Interview---127/ffd94002-dbcf-42a3-b1cf-69f8bb64e8f5

coldrolled
12-09-2012, 11:26 AM
This is Plaxico's first day at work, Ben is back.. ben has wanted a 'plaxico' tall type WR for years..