Defense: Overall 9th
Run: 6th
Pass: 21st

Offense: Overall 26th
Run: 26th
Pass: 18th

Rivers: 18 TD's 15 INT's 2,969 yds.
Ryan Matthews: 620 yds rushing on the season, 4.0 average, 1 TD
Malcom Floyd: 765 yds receiving, 15.0 average, 4 TD's.

Obviously their defense has been playing well, especially against the run. Our makeshift OL will have to be ready because they'll be stacking the line to stop the run no matter which QB is in there for us.

If Dwyer and Redman can get going, they can wear down the defense in the 2nd half, like last week.

Their last 3 games have been decided by 7 points or less. Based on their schedule (http://www.nfl.com/teams/schedule?team=SD), when they win they blow out teams but when they lose it's close in the 4th quarter.

Don't sleep on this team, not after losing to TN, Oak, and Cle this season.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-06-2012, 02:23 PM
The Chargers are on the verge of mailing it in and Norv is a lame duck coach at this point.......Plus they have to travel cross country and their OL is really banged up......But the Chargers defense could keep them in the game so the Steelers offense better execute and not turn the ball over to keep the Chargers in the game......

Troyisabeast_43
12-06-2012, 02:28 PM
The Chargers can hang with the Steelers if they are not careful but since this game is at Heinz Field and it's a 1 o clock game on the East Coast I think the Steelers defense will be able to pressure Rivers a lot and not allow a lot of points and big plays in this game. I think the Steelers win something like 27-10...

LatrobePA
12-06-2012, 02:45 PM
This game won't be a cake walk!!

Black@Gold Forever32
12-06-2012, 02:57 PM
This game won't be a cake walk!!

I don't know....The Chargers were working out OL off the street....lol I think three starters might be out this week for them......Rivers is going to get his *** kicked....lol

Goodfrom55
12-06-2012, 03:15 PM
The Chargers can hang with the Steelers if they are not careful but since this game is at Heinz Field and it's a 1 o clock game on the East Coast I think the Steelers defense will be able to pressure Rivers a lot and not allow a lot of points and big plays in this game. I think the Steelers win something like 27-10...

From your lips to God's ears. My concern is unless SD completely mailed it in for the season, this will be a tough game for the Steelers. Looking at the weather, calling for mild temps with rain. I've always been a person who thinks weather is a neutralizer and actually helps close the gap between a good team and a bad team.

Steelers need to have a zero turnover performance to win. They don't necessarily need to have any takeaways, but they can't have any giveaways. I am thinking the Steelers win, somewhere in the neighborhood of 24-14, but the game is played much closer than that.

LatrobePA
12-06-2012, 03:19 PM
I don't know....The Chargers were working out OL off the street....lol I think three starters might be out this week for them......Rivers is going to get his *** kicked....lol

Something about them scares me a bit! I do like the thought of crushing Rivers though! lol

Goodfrom55
12-06-2012, 03:23 PM
They have an opportunistic defense and I think we're all concerned what will happen if/when Ben gets sacked or hit for the first time. Rivers has been sacked 36 times this year and with their issues up front, LeBeau had better make Rivers his whipping boy. As long as the secondary can provide some coverage on Floyd, Gates, and the LB's can handle Matthews, I say Rivers could be in trouble.

Raleigh Steel
12-06-2012, 03:45 PM
If the steelers come focused to play like they did vs the ravens, and don't play down to their competition like the chiefs and browns then this game should be a cake walk.

Every time I think the steelers have learned their lesson not to take a lesser team lightly they show up like they did against KC the last 2 seasons. I guess we should expect that again. Nail biter all the way!

Black@Gold Forever32
12-06-2012, 04:08 PM
Well there is sad news in the Rooney family.......Dan's daughter Rita, passed away at the age of 54.....Read it on facebook and don't have a link......The Steelers I'm sure will want to go out and win one for the Rooney family in their time of loss.....

scudmissile29
12-06-2012, 04:34 PM
we will lose this game i predict.

Root4Stlrs
12-06-2012, 06:39 PM
The Chargers can hang with the Steelers if they are not careful but since this game is at Heinz Field and it's a 1 o clock game on the East Coast I think the Steelers defense will be able to pressure Rivers a lot and not allow a lot of points and big plays in this game. I think the Steelers win something like 27-10... OK I'm going with you, Troyisabeast, as you were one of the very few to accurately predict the win in Baltimore. I like your "glass half full" approach.

BLACKandGOLD
12-06-2012, 06:51 PM
Looking at the rankings, Steelers definitely have to attack the Chargers secondary. They are going to sell out to stop the run and Ben will be able to exploit that for some big plays down field.

Steel4Real
12-07-2012, 12:04 PM
Norv is a lame duck coach at this point.......

Cornfirmed...

Sources said this week that Chargers President Dean Spanos essentially decided at least a month ago that Turnerís time was drawing to a rapid close. Spanos, sources said, has more recently resigned himself to the fact that Smith canít be kept in the current environment of plummeting performance and fan unrest.

http://tracking.si.com/2012/12/06/chargers-fire-norv-turner-aj-smith/

Real Deal Steel
12-07-2012, 12:12 PM
Here's what we need to do in a nutshell:

Defensively:Take away the run game, and keep them in 3rd and 7, 3rd and 8 situations. Rivers will do the rest by turning the ball over. But we can't let Matthews get going.

Offensively: Use Miller. Chargers don't cover the TE well and Miller should be able to do damage. By establishing Miller, we will then have a lot of 2nd and 2 situations. Dwyer can be used to pick up that first down then.

Those are the basics of what we need to do to win the game. Everything else will spin off of those basics.

Raleigh Steel
12-09-2012, 05:16 PM
If the steelers come focused to play like they did vs the ravens, and don't play down to their competition like the chiefs and browns then this game should be a cake walk.

Every time I think the steelers have learned their lesson not to take a lesser team lightly they show up like they did against KC the last 2 seasons. I guess we should expect that again. Nail biter all the way!

Nope, didn't learn their lesson!

Black@Gold Forever32
12-09-2012, 05:29 PM
Nope, didn't learn their lesson!

I blame Tomlin really.......Tomlin and LeBeau were owned by Norv Turner today.......A puzzlement the Chargers remain......Norv waits until his team is completely out of it to coach to win....lol While he crapped the bed vs the Ravens and Bengals in back to back weeks.....

Raleigh Steel
12-09-2012, 05:32 PM
Without question you gotta blame tomlin!!! How does this team routinely get plunked by bad teams!
To start the day...
Titans 4-8
Brown 4-8
Raiders 3-9
SD 4-8