PDA

View Full Version : CHEAP POWERBACK

BlitzburghNation
01-30-2007, 05:53 PM
what do you guy's think about getting TJ Ducket ?
Especially if we lose Davenport,,,,,,,,,,:dunno:
When washington got him i was pissed because i think he's a great short yardage back :bigthumb:
We could probaly get him pretty cheap :dunno:

Koopa
01-30-2007, 05:55 PM
lol, f'k duckett, he's a bust, he couldn't even beat out betts to take over for portis..... i rather just get a fresh power back in the draft

BlitzburghNation
01-30-2007, 06:01 PM
lol, f'k duckett, he's a bust, he couldn't even beat out betts to take over for portis..... i rather just get a fresh power back in the draft

Never got a chance & betts is a helluva a back !
I'm sure he didn't all of a sudden start sucking just because he went to washington ,,,,,,,, Remember how great he done for atlanta the year before !

Koopa
01-30-2007, 06:06 PM
actually he only had one good year in hotlanta.....and that was in 2003 and that's because he started 10 games......the next couple of years he had subpar years, and then last year he sucked........... maybe coming to pittsburgh will inject some life back into him, but i don't see why he has any hype..... he's just as unproven as a rookie would be......

58Lambert
01-30-2007, 06:11 PM
Dude, Duckett is far from being a bust!! He played well for the Falcons, but Washington sucks anyway and they were always behind, so they had to throw more and run less. I bet if he came to the Steelers, his numbers would be a helluva lot better.
And... I know I might get slammed for this one, but I'd rather play Duckett on the Steelers than Parker (given the same offensive line). Yes, I know Parker is a ProBowler with over 1K yards, but I bet Duckett could do the same and probably even more.

BlitzburghNation
01-30-2007, 06:13 PM
actually he only had one good year in hotlanta.....and that was in 2003 and that's because he started 10 games......the next couple of years he had subpar years, and then last year he sucked........... maybe coming to pittsburgh will inject some life back into him, but i don't see why he has any hype..... he's just as unproven as a rookie would be......

I'm just saying he'd be cheap & he'd only be used for short yardage !
Like 3rd & one,,,,,,,,3rd &2,,,,,,,,We all know Parker's our feature,but we could
use his size like we used the BUS in his last year :bigthumb:
REMEBER when the bus would rush for 15 yards & 3 TD's,,,,,,,,,,,,:popcorn:

Koopa
01-30-2007, 06:16 PM
Dude, Duckett is far from being a bust!! He played well for the Falcons, but Washington sucks anyway and they were always behind, so they had to throw more and run less. I bet if he came to the Steelers, his numbers would be a helluva lot better.
And... I know I might get slammed for this one, but I'd rather play Duckett on the Steelers than Parker (given the same offensive line). Yes, I know Parker is a ProBowler with over 1K yards, but I bet Duckett could do the same and probably even more.

well after seeing parker fail again and again against decent defensive teams you won't get any **** from me on that

also, willie isn't a probowler, he's going because of the game he had against the browns and the two runs he had against the saints

the same **** happened last year with chris chambers, took hines spot because he had 2 great games.......

duckett has been in the league for a few years now and hasn't really done anything other then what he did in 2003.........the last 2 years he was with the falcons he didn't really produce............

i rather us just draft bush or hunt in the second round and get the same type of power back, that still has potential and is younger........

TEEMONT
01-30-2007, 06:18 PM
well after seeing parker fail again and again against decent defensive teams you won't get any **** from me on that

also, willie isn't a probowler, he's going because of the game he had against the browns and the two runs he had against the saints

the same **** happened last year with chris chambers, took hines spot because he had 2 great games.......

duckett has been in the league for a few years now and hasn't really done anything other then what he did in 2003.........the last 2 years he was with the falcons he didn't really produce............

i rather us just draft bush or hunt in the second round and get the same type of power back, that still has potential and is younger........

You put LT behind our line and he doesn't do much better.

Koopa
01-30-2007, 06:19 PM
You put LT behind our line and he doesn't do much better.

he's been behind ****** lines before, the chargers haven't always been that good, and when they sucked, he put up good numbers........ lt is a great back....willie is a good back..... willie and lt shouldn't ever be mentioned in the same sentence when comparing players

TEEMONT
01-30-2007, 06:20 PM
he's been behind ****** lines before, the chargers haven't always been that good, and when they sucked, he put up good numbers........
You mean Willie-type numbers?

Koopa
01-30-2007, 06:21 PM
his rookie year he put up 1200....his second year he put up 1600

you can't compare these two, it's a slap in the face to lt.....willie will never be on lt's level........

it's like comparing ben to peyton

BlitzburghNation
01-30-2007, 06:23 PM
[QUOTE=Koopa;63301]well after seeing parker fail again and again against decent defensive teams you won't get any **** from me on that

LIKE THE STEELERS ? Seems like your always putting them down:cursin:

Koopa
01-30-2007, 06:26 PM
[QUOTE=Koopa;63301]well after seeing parker fail again and again against decent defensive teams you won't get any **** from me on that

LIKE THE STEELERS ? Seems like your always putting them down:cursin:

i never put the steelers down, tell me when i did?? are you referring to when i said bradshaw couldn't play in todays game??? that wasn't dissing the team or him, i just don't think you can be that type of player in todays game anymore..........

and if i said willie deserved it i'd be a hypocrite cause last year i was pissed as hell when chambers got into the pro bowl over hines when he only had 2 good games...... willie only had 2 great games that's why he's in the pro bowl, i ain't bias to every player on the team...... players come and go, so i don't care about the players, i care about the steelers more, i've never dissed the steelers, just individual players

BlitzburghNation
01-30-2007, 06:33 PM
[QUOTE=BLITZBURGH NATION;63309]

i never put the steelers down, tell me when i did?? are you referring to when i said bradshaw couldn't play in todays game??? that wasn't dissing the team or him, i just don't think you can be that type of player in todays game anymore..........

and if i said willie deserved it i'd be a hypocrite cause last year i was pissed as hell when chambers got into the pro bowl over hines when he only had 2 good games...... willie only had 2 great games that's why he's in the pro bowl, i ain't bias to every player on the team...... players come and go, so i don't care about the players, i care about the steelers more, i've never dissed the steelers, just individual players

come & go,,,,,,,,,I'm not getting into this with you ! But it seems like everytime i turn around i'm reading you replying nagativity towards the steeler players,,,,,,,,,,,,You need to have a coke & a smile :greengrin:

58Lambert
01-30-2007, 06:34 PM
[QUOTE=BLITZBURGH NATION;63309]

Let's not start that one again, over and done with... whewwww.

BlitzburghNation
01-30-2007, 06:37 PM
[QUOTE=Koopa;63310]

Let's not start that one again, over and done with... whewwww.

:iagree:

Koopa
01-30-2007, 06:37 PM
come & go,,,,,,,,,I'm not getting into this with you ! But it seems like everytime i turn around i'm reading you replying nagativity towards the steeler players,,,,,,,,,,,,You need to have a coke & a smile :greengrin:

but they are facts when i talk "negative".......just look at what willie did, it's not really pro bowl worthy, he had 2 great games, compiled with a bunch of good to bad games...... it was the same with chambers last year, had those 2 badass games followed by an alright season and he got named a pro bowler for that..... i ain't gonna kiss everyones *** just cause they wear black and gold............. i will say it like it is whether ppl agree with it or not..............

BlitzburghNation
01-30-2007, 06:44 PM
but they are facts when i talk "negative".......just look at what willie did, it's not really pro bowl worthy, he had 2 great games, compiled with a bunch of good to bad games...... it was the same with chambers last year, had those 2 badass games followed by an alright season and he got named a pro bowler for that..... i ain't gonna kiss everyones *** just cause they wear black and gold............. i will say it like it is whether ppl agree with it or not..............

You could ask anyone on here and I gar-un-dam-te "YA they don't like you saying things like Willie doesn't deserve the PRO BOWL When that's not fact that's BULLSHIT,,,,,,,,,,,Because it's funny your the only one saying that :cursin: EVEN THE EXPERTS ON SIRIUS SAID HE DESERVED THE PRO BOWL and HAD HELLUVA YEAR :nahnah:

58Lambert
01-30-2007, 06:49 PM
... let me know if anyone needs me :popcorn: ...

Koopa
01-30-2007, 06:55 PM
You could ask anyone on here and I gar-un-dam-te "YA they don't like you saying things like Willie doesn't deserve the PRO BOWL When that's not fact that's BULLSHIT,,,,,,,,,,,Because it's funny your the only one saying that :cursin: EVEN THE EXPERTS ON SIRIUS SAID HE DESERVED THE PRO BOWL and HAD HELLUVA YEAR :nahnah:

yes master, i will no longer have an opinion, i'll just agree with everything everyone says from now on......................................

look, i'm never gonna change my opinion just to fit others....... it's all opinions.....even the experts, it's all opinions, yours is no more right then mine is.........

i like willie parker, i've backed him up a lot this year when talking with steelersfan, i just don't think you should get in the pro bowl for running all over the browns and breaking 2 70 yard rushes in the same game.......... if he would've been consistent all year, i would say he deserved it, but the fact is, he wasn't, i know we had a crappy oline......but he was the same in 2005, never played good against teams with good defenses.....that's why we really need a power back......... bettis bailed us out a lot because willie couldn't run on some defenses.......

but to make it easy on you, since you only focus on my post that don't agree with what you think, click on my profile, then click add user to ignore list, and BAM!! i'm no more to you...................it's that simple...............

BlitzburghNation
01-30-2007, 07:10 PM
:clap:
yes master, i will no longer have an opinion, i'll just agree with everything everyone says from now on......................................
Alright then MASTER SAYS GROW UP,,,,,,,,,,:lol:
look, i'm never gonna change my opinion just to fit others....... it's all opinions.....even the experts, it's all opinions, yours is no more right then mine is.........
Never asked you to change your opinion,just quit putting our players down all the time :nono:
i like willie parker, i've backed him up a lot this year when talking with steelersfan, i just don't think you should get in the pro bowl for running all over the browns and breaking 2 70 yard rushes in the same game.......... if he would've been consistent all year, i would say he deserved it, but the fact is, he wasn't, i know we had a crappy oline......but he was the same in 2005, never played good against teams with good defenses.....that's why we really need a power back......... bettis bailed us out a lot because willie couldn't run on some defenses.......
Your the BIG STAT man,,,,,,,How many yards did Fast willie rush for this year ! :clap:
but to make it easy on you, since you only focus on my post that don't agree with what you think, click on my profile, then click add user to ignore list, and BAM!! i'm no more to you...................it's that simple...............

HOW ABOUT THIS YOUR NUMBER :bigfinger: :bsflag: on here :bluelol:

House of Steel
01-30-2007, 07:11 PM
I am staying out of this arguement cause basically, that is just throwing Willie under the bus, Koopa. He doesn't deserve the Pro Bowl? Are you asking for everyone to turn on you? Your doing a fine job of that.

Koopa
01-30-2007, 07:15 PM
I am staying out of this arguement cause basically, that is just throwing Willie under the bus, Koopa. He doesn't deserve the Pro Bowl? Are you asking for everyone to turn on you? Your doing a fine job of that.

alright, welcome back to my ignore list, don't bother ever responding to me directly cause you'll never get a response......... you say you ain't getting involved....then don't post, you are obviously getting involved cause you are still asking questions, there is no argument here to begin with, it's a debate......... difference of opinions......ppl are allowed them.............

i like willie, i'm just not gonna kiss his *** for running all over the browns...........

also, it's only you and the 2 new guys that are getting upset, the members that i've posted with over a year and half know how i roll, and don't mind, they ain't turning on me........... peace out.........

58Lambert
01-30-2007, 07:15 PM
... someone pass the salt please :popcorn: ...

Black@Gold Forever32
01-30-2007, 07:18 PM
Maybe having 16 total TD's which is a Steelers single season record is why Willie made the Pro Bowl. The knock on Willie was he was never going to be good in the redzone well 13 rushing TD's says other wise. Even when he we caught from behind on his two long runs against the Saints he still punched it in.

I don't know but having 1,494 rushing yards and 16 total TD's is pretty ****ing good. As for the knock of Willie struggling against good defenses even LT has bad games against good defenses. The Steelers have shut down LT the last two times they have played him.

Now I'm not saying Willie Parker is as good as LaDanian. Tomlinson will be in the Hall of Fame. But I still think Willie Parker is an all-pro talent and is among the top RB's in the NFL.

How many RB's would you take over him? Right now I would take LT, LJ but after that I don't know. I wouldn't say Shaun Alexander he didn't look the same when coming back from his injury and is 30 years old. So Shaun might start hitting the downside of his career.

Koopa
01-30-2007, 07:19 PM
... someone pass the salt please :popcorn: ...

no, salt is bad for you, you'll have to do with the low fat popcorn lol

Koopa
01-30-2007, 07:25 PM
Maybe having 16 total TD's which is a Steelers single season record is why Willie made the Pro Bowl. The knock on Willie was he was never going to be good in the redzone well 13 rushing TD's says other wise. Even when he we caught from behind on his two long runs against the Saints he still punched it in.

I don't know but having 1,494 rushing yards and 16 total TD's is pretty ****ing good. As for the knock of Willie struggling against good defenses even LT has bad games against good defenses. The Steelers have shut down LT the last two times they have played him.

Now I'm not saying Willie Parker is as good as LaDanian. Tomlinson will be in the Hall of Fame. But I still think Willie Parker is an all-pro talent and is among the top RB's in the NFL.

How many RB's would you take over him? Right now I would take LT, LJ but after that I don't know. I wouldn't say Shaun Alexander he didn't look the same when coming back from his injury and is 30 years old. So Shaun might start hitting the downside of his career.

but most of his stuff came against the sorry teams of the league.....he never did anything against decent teams......if he was more consistent i'd agree he's a pro bowler..... but if he didn't play the browns twice a year and break those 2 beautiful runs against the saints he isn't a pro bowler....... he did pretty much what he did in 2005, he just had more carries and no one to steal his td's........ that's why i don't think he really deserves the pro bowl......

and again i like willie....but i'm not gonna suck up to him because he plays for the steelers......... if last year if i didn't complain about chambers making the pro bowl i wouldn't be saying what i'm saying now.....but because i said what i said about chambers i have to say it with willie cause he pretty much did the same......with 2 badass games..................

i didn't really look at the depth in the afc for running backs when i was saying about willie, i guess another reason he got in was because aside from lt and lj he is the best there to be the 3rd stringer in the pro bowl............

58Lambert
01-30-2007, 07:26 PM
no, salt is bad for you, you'll have to do with the low fat popcorn lol

how 'bout BBQ sauce instead?!?!

Koopa
01-30-2007, 07:27 PM

on popcorn???? that sounds nasty.......................

House of Steel
01-30-2007, 07:27 PM
The reason I get on you about your opinions is cause they are damn stupid, Koopa. You bitch so much about the Steelers, I don't understand you anymore. You bitch when they screw up. You bitch about players when they are doing well. You bitch when they make a mistake on the draft or FO personnel fouls up. EVERYONE IS GOING TO MAKE MISTAKES. What gets me is now your throwing two great players under the bus now. Why the hell are you a Steelers fan when you do nothing but bitch about them? It irritates the hell out of me.

Koopa
01-30-2007, 07:33 PM
The reason I get on you about your opinions is cause they are damn stupid, Koopa. You bitch so much about the Steelers, I don't understand you anymore. You bitch when they screw up. You bitch about players when they are doing well. You bitch when they make a mistake on the draft or FO personnel fouls up. EVERYONE IS GOING TO MAKE MISTAKES. What gets me is now your throwing two great players under the bus now. Why the hell are you a Steelers fan when you do nothing but bitch about them? It irritates the hell out of me.

i knew i should've put on ignore right away instead of respond to 32.......you complain too, i remember all the pagers you would send me when we would lose, it's gonna be a long season blah blah blah....... i complain about individual players, i don't talk bad about the steelers though...... also i never said bradshaw was a bad player in the 70's i said his style wouldn't fit now....again an opinion......i said willie doesn't deserve the pro bowl, wow, i really hate him **please note the sarcasm there** , it's just a pro bowl, it doesn't mean a damn thing in the long run..... so again stop responding to me, cause as soon as i post this post, you will be on my ignore list, and i suggest you add me to yours so you won't be tempted and get "irritated"..........peace out

BlitzburghNation
01-30-2007, 07:33 PM

:stirpot: here's some butter instead :popcorn:

Black@Gold Forever32
01-30-2007, 07:36 PM
No one to steal his TD's? I think you're wrong and I think Willie improved this year as a red zone RB. If he hadn't I'm sure we would have seen Dookie in the redzone more this year.

Again LT has been shut down by good defenses. I'm also not saying Willie is as good at LT. But I'm not going to knock Willie Parker. I think he has exceeded all of our expectations and is doing a great job for the Steelers.

Koopa
01-30-2007, 07:41 PM
No one to steal his TD's? I think you're wrong and I think Willie improved this year as a red zone RB. If he hadn't I'm sure we would have seen Dookie in the redzone more this year.

Again LT has been shut down by good defenses. I'm also not saying Willie is as good at LT. But I'm not going to knock Willie Parker. I think he has exceeded all of our expectations and is doing a great job for the Steelers.

i'm wrong?? on what???? bettis did steal his touchdowns in 2005, and if we had a reliable fat back this year cowher would've let them steal his td's again.... i'm not knocking willie when i say his td's were stolen

and i too think willie has exceeded all of our expectations......my beef though is him getting into the pro bowl cause he ran all over the browns and two great runs against the saints.....he's still too inconsistent, and he needs a real power back to help him out and make the team better............

BlitzburghNation
01-30-2007, 07:41 PM

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,getting thirsty pass the :beer2: to go with my :popcorn:

58Lambert
01-30-2007, 07:43 PM
:stirpot: here's some butter instead :popcorn:

Thanks bud... the butter is better!!!! :bigthumb:

BlitzburghNation
01-30-2007, 07:47 PM
Thanks bud... the butter is better!!!! :bigthumb:

:beer4: to go with your popcorn :bigthumb:
Let's make a toast to our PRO BOWLER WILLIE PARKER :cabbagepatch:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-30-2007, 07:48 PM
OMG you guys are really killing us you know that !

As far as the "really good power back" this team has options in it's stable now in Davenport and in the draft so they may very well go after another RB to just help the viable depth since Haynes is coming off an injury but I want Najeh to get a chance. Willie can handle himself just fine in the red zone and everywhere else but he does need an viable option to spell him at times so we keep him fresh.

58Lambert
01-30-2007, 07:48 PM
Oh crap!! I got some butter on my Dukes of Hazzard t-shirt... anyone gotta Steelers bib I can borrow?? :popcorn:

Black@Gold Forever32
01-30-2007, 07:51 PM
i'm wrong?? on what???? bettis did steal his touchdowns in 2005, and if we had a reliable fat back this year cowher would've let them steal his td's again.... i'm not knocking willie when i say his td's were stolen

and i too think willie has exceeded all of our expectations......my beef though is him getting into the pro bowl cause he ran all over the browns and two great runs against the saints.....he's still too inconsistent, and he needs a real power back to help him out and make the team better............

Yes Bettis did steal his TD's in 2005 but what I'm saying is Willie did improve as a red zone RB this year if Cowher thought other wise I think we would have seen more of Dookie this year especially in the red zone.

Hey its all good man. Hopefully Willie Parker improves this year even against very good defenses like the Ravens.

Koopa
01-30-2007, 07:52 PM
OMG you guys are really killing us you know that !

As far as the "really good power back" this team has options in it's stable now in Davenport and in the draft so they may very well go after another RB to just help the viable depth since Haynes is coming off an injury but I want Najeh to get a chance. Willie can handle himself just fine in the red zone and everywhere else but he does need an viable option to spell him at times so we keep him fresh.

but, dookie is not a power back, he has never been a power back, he just looks like it, but his game is more speed not power........... haynes is a good 3rd down back but to bad he can't stay healthy..... i hope we draft hunt, bush, or that white guy ktrain was talking about, i forgot his name but i liked what i read about him........

BlitzburghRockCity
01-30-2007, 07:54 PM
Dude, forget about it man, there's no way we take a back that high in the draft man, it's not going to happen. I think we do need to take one in the draft but taking a back on day 1 is usually WAY overrated unless you're picking in the top of the first round.

Najeh can run hard and break tackles, he showed some potential last year with it; I want to see if he can continue the trend and improve.

Koopa
01-30-2007, 07:56 PM
Yes Bettis did steal his TD's in 2005 but what I'm saying is Willie did improve as a red zone RB this year if Cowher thought other wise I think we would have seen more of Dookie this year especially in the red zone.

Hey its all good man. Hopefully Willie Parker improves this year even against very good defenses like the Ravens.

he almost did, you remember when he was trying to pound dookie in and he kept getting stopped??? i think if he would've made it in on his first couple of tries, dookie would've gotten a lot more chances to take willies td's away, but i think that moment sealed dookies faith in being a goal line back because he couldn't pound it in.......and cowher was forced to stick with willie.......i think willie could've got about the same amount of td's in 05 if cowher just trusted him more.........

Koopa
01-30-2007, 07:58 PM
Dude, forget about it man, there's no way we take a back that high in the draft man, it's not going to happen. I think we do need to take one in the draft but taking a back on day 1 is usually WAY overrated unless you're picking in the top of the first round.

Najeh can run hard and break tackles, he showed some potential last year with it; I want to see if he can continue the trend and improve.

he'll continue if we play the browns every week, that was really the only game he showed he could pound, but i don't look into that game to much cause willie had just ran over 220 yards on them....... dookie is set in his ways, his still is his speed...... running backs for the most part just can't change out of the blue when they've been doing it damn near all their lives..........

and don't let this post make you think i don't like dookie, i do, i loved him on special teams and on throwing third downs....he was pretty good recieving out of the back field....... but suggesting he's a power back is wrong, because that just isn't what he's built on.........

58Lambert
01-30-2007, 07:59 PM
:beer4: to go with your popcorn :bigthumb:
Let's make a toast to our PRO BOWLER WILLIE PARKER :cabbagepatch:

Hip hip hooray, hip hip hooray for our PRO BOWLER WILLIE PARKER!!!! :tt02: :danceshout:
I'm ready for a full-slab of ribs now!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-30-2007, 08:01 PM
Im not sure I'd agree that Najeh sealed his fate with that 1 chance. I think Willie was the work horse all year and Cowher stuck with what worked. Our options at RB weren't exactly great in the depth dept, and Najeh missed alot of time with the team so he didnt have a full offseason or even preseason with the team so he was behind the 8ball all year long. We should be able to bring him back at a pretty reasonable rate so I'd look for him to be back with us and taking on a bigger role.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-30-2007, 08:04 PM
One option we could see is having Najeh take over Verron's role as the ST and 3rd down back as I believe was previously mentioned but I still think the guy runs with enough power, can run with enough power to serve us well in short yardage but we'll see.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-30-2007, 08:06 PM
he almost did, you remember when he was trying to pound dookie in and he kept getting stopped??? i think if he would've made it in on his first couple of tries, dookie would've gotten a lot more chances to take willies td's away, but i think that moment sealed dookies faith in being a goal line back because he couldn't pound it in.......and cowher was forced to stick with willie.......i think willie could've got about the same amount of td's in 05 if cowher just trusted him more.........

But 13 rushing TD's is a good number. That was Bettis highest total ever in a single season and he was a power back. I know Willie still broke some 30+ TD runs this year but he did improve in the redzone. If he hadn't he would have had 7-8 TD's. But I think his 13 TD's proved he can be a good back inside the red zone.

I still don't think we have seen the best from Willie Parker. Think about Koop, the dude didn't even play in college and is learning the position. What I mean he went from just being a speed back to more of complete RB. I also think Cowher used Parker wrong at times. Instead of always wanting Willie to follow the original hole let him cut it back. I swear there was at times this year if Willie would have just cut it back he would had some more big runs.

I know its important to teach Willie how to run inside but don't take his instincts away.

Koopa
01-30-2007, 08:10 PM
But 13 rushing TD's is a good number. That was Bettis highest total ever in a single season and he was a power back. I know Willie still broke some 30+ TD runs this year but he did improve in the redzone. If he hadn't he would have had 7-8 TD's. But I think his 13 TD's proved he can be a good back inside the red zone.

I still don't think we have seen the best from Willie Parker. Think about Koop, the dude didn't even play in college and is learning the position. What I mean he went from just being a speed back to more of complete RB. I also think Cowher used Parker wrong at times. Instead of always wanting Willie to follow the original hole let him cut it back. I swear there was at times this year if Willie would have just cut it back he would had some more big runs.

I know its important to teach Willie how to run inside but don't take his instincts away.

i know, i never said this is the willie will will always see.....everything i've said is based off the last 2 years........ i know he still has a lot of potential, and next year he's gonna be even better, his vision will be better, his patients will be better....... and i don't care if he can run inside, if his strenght is running outside, we should get him on the outside and let him do his thang......... but it would be nice to have a legit power back to take the load off of him, no point in rushing the hell out of him all the times....we can add some years to his career if we bring in a legit powerback to help him out

SteelerSal
01-30-2007, 08:12 PM
One option we could see is having Najeh take over Verron's role as the ST and 3rd down back as I believe was previously mentioned but I still think the guy runs with enough power, can run with enough power to serve us well in short yardage but we'll see.

Davenport would be a good third down back and I really liked him returning kicks, BUT, he has not and will never be a powerback, Period.

He has the size but not the leg drive, he relise on speed, thats his style of running.
He played alittle bit of fullback in college and he could'nt even block well.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-30-2007, 08:12 PM
i know, i never said this is the willie will will always see.....everything i've said is based off the last 2 years........ i know he still has a lot of potential, and next year he's gonna be even better, his vision will be better, his patients will be better....... and i don't care if he can run inside, if his strenght is running outside, we should get him on the outside and let him do his thang......... but it would be nice to have a legit power back to take the load off of him, no point in rushing the hell out of him all the times....we can add some years to his career if we bring in a legit powerback to help him out

I don't mind having a legit power RB also. With the way the Steelers run the ball they need two really good RB's. I'm not sold on Dookie like others. He is a solid player but I would be worried if he had to carry the load if Willie went down.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-30-2007, 08:13 PM
Davenport would be a good third down back and I really liked him returning kicks, BUT, he has not and will never be a powerback, Period.

He has the size but not the leg drive, he relise on speed, thats his style of running.

He was the same way with the Packers.

Koopa
01-30-2007, 08:14 PM

i've always wanted to do this

:bigthumb: :ditto: :plus1: :iagree: :clap: :clap: :clap:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-30-2007, 08:14 PM
Our offense really needs 3 viable options at RB, including 2 at FB in order for any of us to be able to sleep at night so the more people we can get in there to see who wants it more, the better off we'll be.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-30-2007, 08:17 PM
Our offense really needs 3 viable options at RB, including 2 at FB in order for any of us to be able to sleep at night so the more people we can get in there to see who wants it more, the better off we'll be.

Thats why drafting Brian Leonard out of Rutgers would be smart he can play both RB/FB. I know Verron Haynes is good in his role but he is always hurt Top, I'm calling it now I'm sure Haynes will go down again this year. Its to bad since what I have read about him he is a nice person.

SteelerSal
01-30-2007, 08:17 PM
Oh and as for us getting Duckett, there is a reason why he failed in Atlanta and he barely played in Washington. We already had an expensive cheerleader walking the sidelines ( Staley) why do we need another.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-30-2007, 08:19 PM
Oh and as for us getting Duckett, there is a reason why he failed in Atlanta and he barely played in Washington. We already had an expensive cheerleader walking the sidelines ( Staley) why do we need another.

Very good point and I don't want Duckett. I heard he has a shoulder problem that is going to continue to get worse.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-30-2007, 08:21 PM
Thats why drafting Brian Leonard out of Rutgers would be smart he can play both RB/FB. I know Verron Haynes is good in his role but he is always hurt Top, I'm calling it now I'm sure Haynes will go down again this year. Its to bad since what I have read about him he is a nice person.

I feel bad for Verron because the guy is such a good special teamer and does well for us in the 3rd down role. He runs hard and drags people when he carries the ball, but he just can't stay healthy enough to give us the production we need from a guy in his role. If Najeh can fill that role I'd be completely happy with that.

Im not sold on the fact that Davenport can't be a power guy because he hasn't be given the chance to carry the load yet but if we bring him back this year he'll get his chances. Consider this too, we may not get a traditional power back, we may go with Willie and someone like Najeh who has power and speed but isn't your typical 260 lb bruiser. We shall see :bigthumb:

SteelerSal
01-30-2007, 08:21 PM
Very good point and I don't want Duckett. I heard he has a shoulder problem that is going to continue to get worse.

He was a monster at Mich St. and I thought he would do good in the NFL but he fell in the same category of underachievers along with the likes of Ron Dayne.

Koopa
01-30-2007, 08:25 PM
I feel bad for Verron because the guy is such a good special teamer and does well for us in the 3rd down role. He runs hard and drags people when he carries the ball, but he just can't stay healthy enough to give us the production we need from a guy in his role. If Najeh can fill that role I'd be completely happy with that.

Im not sold on the fact that Davenport can't be a power guy because he hasn't be given the chance to carry the load yet but if we bring him back this year he'll get his chances. Consider this too, we may not get a traditional power back, we may go with Willie and someone like Najeh who has power and speed but isn't your typical 260 lb bruiser. We shall see :bigthumb:

just because your fat doesn't mean you have power.................

Black@Gold Forever32
01-30-2007, 08:25 PM

Dude I hope Davenport proves me wrong. I like him for depth but I'm just worried about Dookie if he had to be the fulltime starter if Willie went down with serious injury. I don't think he is a back you can depend on as a fulltime starter and thats I think the Steelers would be smart to draft a RB. A power back would be nice but I would settle for a RB period.

I'm happy with Willie Parker as the starter but I don't think there is much behind him.

SteelerSal
01-30-2007, 08:29 PM

Brian Leonards will not be a good RB in the NFL. I see him as having the same role as Chris Cooley, from the Redsklns, playing in an H-back position. He has great hands only. His blocking is ? to be a FB and he wants to be drafted as a HB which he will not be able to play at the next level. IMO
I like the kid and he had a great career at Rutgers but he is a weak tweener of HB and TE.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-30-2007, 08:29 PM
Right now there definitely is not much behind Willie since Najeh isn't under contract but even if he was I'd be scared to death going into 2007 with only those 2 as viable options to carry the ball for us. I want several bodies back there competing for the roster spots.

Im just not sure a traditional power back is something that this team is going to focus on having anymore. A big back, a strong back, a versatile back, yes but we shall see.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-30-2007, 08:35 PM
Right now there definitely is not much behind Willie since Najeh isn't under contract but even if he was I'd be scared to death going into 2007 with only those 2 as viable options to carry the ball for us. I want several bodies back there competing for the roster spots.

Im just not sure a traditional power back is something that this team is going to focus on having anymore. A big back, a strong back, a versatile back, yes but we shall see.

Well I think its clear the Steelers went into another direction when they made Willie Parker their starter. That right there proves that the Steelers are not just settling for power backs. But that doesn't mean it wouldn't be nice to have one on the roster.

I think Willie is special even if he is a small RB. But if something happened to him for an extended period of time then I would rather have a power back to shoulder the load if Willie went down.

Not unless the Steelers somehow could get the next LaDanian Tomlinson.:bluelol:

SteelerSal
01-30-2007, 08:36 PM

Maybe we will get a better look at John Kuhn this next preseason. He as good size and decent speed and maybe he can become the short yardage back everyone is looking for. I just think that if Parker was'nt pulled in third and short situations, he can show us that he is capable and it would open up some great playaction options to convert for the first down.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-30-2007, 08:48 PM
I like Kuhn alot, he's a local guy from my area. I think he's got some potential for sure.

I think Willie made great strides last year in the power part of his game. For a guy his size he runs and breaks tackles so he's getting better at becoming more of a well rounded back that can go up the middle or bounce it outside. I'd love to see him stay on the field in 3rd downs and let us have an option to spell him that will stay healthy and produce.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-30-2007, 08:50 PM
I like Kuhn alot, he's a local guy from my area. I think he's got some potential for sure.

I think Willie made great strides last year in the power part of his game. For a guy his size he runs and breaks tackles so he's getting better at becoming more of a well rounded back that can go up the middle or bounce it outside. I'd love to see him stay on the field in 3rd downs and let us have an option to spell him that will stay healthy and produce.

I agree with you totally about Willie Parker. I thought he made strides as more of a power runner to. All I'm asking is for some depth.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-30-2007, 08:54 PM
Im with ya dude, when you're a team like we are and a team that Tomlin says he wants to be a running team and be able to stop the run and all that... we've got to have atleast 2 good options behind Willie who could step in a moments notice.

DIESELMAN
01-30-2007, 08:57 PM
Parker beefed up in the offseason last year and it helped him carry the load last year. If he keeps doing that every year he will be hard to stop even against the hard to run against teams. I'd like to see us get a backup but not on the first day (priorities, priorities).

Black@Gold Forever32
01-30-2007, 09:00 PM
Im with ya dude, when you're a team like we are and a team that Tomlin says he wants to be a running team and be able to stop the run and all that... we've got to have atleast 2 good options behind Willie who could step in a moments notice.

Exactly and I want Dookie in the mix. I just don't think he would be a good fulltime starter if Willie went down. I know John Kuhn might be in the mix again but I don't what to think of him. He has some talent if he didn't he wouldn't even been with the Steelers this year. But we don't know for sure if he can hack in the NFL.

Is it training camp yet?:bluelol:

SteelerSal
01-30-2007, 09:01 PM
Parker beefed up in the offseason last year and it helped him carry the load last year. If he keeps doing that every year he will be hard to stop even against the hard to run against teams. I'd like to see us get a backup but not on the first day (priorities, priorities).

With his lack of playtime at North Carolina, this upcomin season is equivalent to Parkers junior year. He is learning every game and he can only get better.:bigthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-30-2007, 09:02 PM
Basically it comes too that none of our current backs on roster will suit any of us besides Willie :lol: Hopefully between Kuhn, Haynes, maybe Najeh and whoever we draft we should get a couple good candidates.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-30-2007, 09:02 PM

I agree Diesel with this post. Especially about Parker. But lets say if RB is the best option in the third round then I think it would be smart. Lets say if a Michael Bush or a Tony Hunt fell to the third round and they were the best player available. I think you jump on the chance to draft one of them in third round.

DIESELMAN
01-30-2007, 09:06 PM
I think you jump on the chance to draft one of them in third round.

Very true, we got needs for OLB/DE and OL in the first 2 rds, definitely go for a "good" RB in the 3rd if hes there but if hes not we don't need to be reaching either.

Koopa
01-30-2007, 09:06 PM

kuhn sucks......i hate the dude just case everyone was on his dick in the preseason when he showed absolutely nothing.....ppl just like him cause he is a local guy.......he'll never be anything

willie just needs to work on his patients and fumbling......he is not a power type and never will be......

BlitzburghNation
01-30-2007, 09:16 PM
doesn't like SURPRISE :popcorn:

DIESELMAN
01-30-2007, 09:16 PM
I gotta look this guy up but check him out:
Le'Ron McClain/Alabama 6'-265lbs.
Monday Practice Notes: Caught the ball well but he’s big, stiff, and not fast. Will bury his nose in a linebacker’s grill on isolation blocks.
Tuesday Practice Notes: Fierce blocker very strong at the point. In one-on-one drills rag-dolled his teammate Juwan Simpson. Also caught the ball relatively well.
Wednesday Practice Notes: He basically played fullback the entire session which will be his role at the next level. He did catch the ball well when out of the backfield.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-30-2007, 09:17 PM
Who in the hell ever said willie was a power back ?? You need to go back and re-read everything. Willie runs WITH power and has HAS good power for his size but he's not a power back, he doesnt need to be.

As far as Kuhn, just chill on the dude till he gets a chance to show his stuff. You can't say he won't do anything any more than you went on that damn rampage last week touting Tomlin as the second coming and all that when you and I posted about those days.

Koopa
01-30-2007, 09:20 PM
Who in the hell ever said willie was a power back ?? You need to go back and re-read everything. Willie runs WITH power and has HAS good power for his size but he's not a power back, he doesnt need to be.

As far as Kuhn, just chill on the dude till he gets a chance to show his stuff. You can't say he won't do anything any more than you went on that damn rampage last week touting Tomlin as the second coming and all that when you and I posted about those days.

you said something about power, and that doesn't fit willie........... sure he broke tackles but that doesn't mean power.....that just shows how good he uses his speed and shiftiness when ppl get a hold of him

and again f'k kuhn......ever since i read the stuff at the fever the way ppl were all over this dudes dick it was sickening..... he won't ever get his chance, there are far more talented ppl then him coming out in the draft that we can get in the 6th round............

BlitzburghNation
01-30-2007, 09:20 PM
:popcorn:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-30-2007, 09:24 PM
you said something about power, and that doesn't fit willie........... sure he broke tackles but that doesn't mean power.....that just shows how good he uses his speed and shiftiness when ppl get a hold of him

and again f'k kuhn......ever since i read the stuff at the fever the way ppl were all over this dudes dick it was sickening..... he won't ever get his chance, there are far more talented ppl then him coming out in the draft that we can get in the 6th round............

Here we go again, why I even bother debating you is beyond me, it must be some sick thing I need to get looked at or something because since when does breaking tackles and dragging tacklers not running with power ?? Sure he's got speed , and good moves but give the guy some credit, he showed alot in 2006 in the way of improving in the power dept.

As far as Kuhn goes, every body said the same thing about Willie.. an undrafted FA who had nothing going for him but himself and his determination and look what he's been able to do, so don't count out Kuhn yet just because you can't see the whole picture.

SteelerSal
01-30-2007, 09:27 PM
:popcorn:

Blitzburgh, can you pass the popcorn?:lol:

BlitzburghNation
01-30-2007, 09:28 PM
Blitzburgh, can you pass the popcorn?:lol:

Here ya Go :popcorn: need a :all_coholic: To wash it down :lol:

DIESELMAN
01-30-2007, 09:30 PM
Willie does have some power otherwise he wouldn't be breakin tackles. Your not going to break tackles with speed its like going 100mph into a brick wall...who's going to give ? the wall? or the speeder? When a back runs over or through a LB its power not speed.

Koopa
01-30-2007, 09:30 PM
Here we go again, why I even bother debating you is beyond me, it must be some sick thing I need to get looked at or something because since when does breaking tackles and dragging tacklers not running with power ?? Sure he's got speed , and good moves but give the guy some credit, he showed alot in 2006 in the way of improving in the power dept.

As far as Kuhn goes, every body said the same thing about Willie.. an undrafted FA who had nothing going for him but himself and his determination and look what he's been able to do, so don't count out Kuhn yet just because you can't see the whole picture.

smh........now you are starting to act like HoS and the new guy...................i guess it's really time for me to click log out for good................lol

but see, when willie was undrafted, in training camp and preseason i saw that it factor in him, and i wanted him to play more all season even though he was really unproven, and then i he showed his potential against the bills........

kuhn has not soon anything other then well that he is nothing............

BlitzburghRockCity
01-30-2007, 09:31 PM
Oh shut up you know you love it ! If you didn't have me here to debate you and call you out you wouldnt have any fun at all :lol:

Stop getting all worked up, you obviously don't know me as well as you think you do.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-30-2007, 09:37 PM
I gotta look this guy up but check him out:
Le'Ron McClain/Alabama 6'-265lbs.
Monday Practice Notes: Caught the ball well but heís big, stiff, and not fast. Will bury his nose in a linebackerís grill on isolation blocks.
Tuesday Practice Notes: Fierce blocker very strong at the point. In one-on-one drills rag-dolled his teammate Juwan Simpson. Also caught the ball relatively well.
Wednesday Practice Notes: He basically played fullback the entire session which will be his role at the next level. He did catch the ball well when out of the backfield.

I have been tracking this guy as a future replacement for Kreider. I hope he goes undrafted to the Steelers can snatch him up and don't waste a pick on a FB.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-30-2007, 09:41 PM
I would think as long as Verron is on the roster and Kreider is healthy we won't spend a pick on a FB but with Verron's future possibly in doubt in 2007 I'd like to see us pick up somebody who's vesatile enough to contribute in another way since Dan is the rock solid FB for us.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-30-2007, 09:50 PM
I would think as long as Verron is on the roster and Kreider is healthy we won't spend a pick on a FB but with Verron's future possibly in doubt in 2007 I'd like to see us pick up somebody who's vesatile enough to contribute in another way since Dan is the rock solid FB for us.

Top, Verron will be hurt again I can see it now. The guy is always hurt and I don't expect that to change.lol Thats why I suggested I hope that FB goes undrafted so the Steelers don't have to spend a pick on a FB.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-30-2007, 10:01 PM
Im afraid the dude is going to get hurt again too, I just hope he doesnt since he's got some talent that could help us alot in the dept dept. at RB but this is probably his last chance if he even makes the roster in 2007.

Friday133
01-30-2007, 10:07 PM

And we had a chance to get him last year, and the Steelers balked at a 3rd round pick for him. I agree Duckett isn't the answer, he's someone the media here in Pittsburgh has latched onto.

House of Steel
01-30-2007, 10:33 PM
:popcorn: :beer3: I am going to let Koopa and TG get into it this time. :lol: You see, I am not the only one that likes to hound on him.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-30-2007, 10:36 PM
Nah koopa and I are done our show for the day :lol:

House of Steel
01-30-2007, 10:38 PM
Hey your getting started, now it is time to bring a little Vaudeville to the scene. :rofl:

BlitzburghNation
01-30-2007, 10:59 PM
Nah koopa and I are done our show for the day :lol:
:scratch:
I'm always starting the show and you two always end the show !
I was almost outta :popcorn: anyways :lol:

tony hipchest
01-31-2007, 12:35 AM
this is a long thread. im still curious who koopa would place in the pro bowl over willie parker, after all, EVERYONE knows 3 afc running backs will be named to the pro bowl roster.

i eagerly await koopas argument for backs such as rudi johnson, w. mcgahee, r. brown, and inmate #1575301 (i.e. jamal lewis) so i can laugh even more, and prove his OPINIONS as WRONG!

congrats to fwp. you DESERVE it and you EARNED the trip.

and i must note that great backs such as LT and LJ (the other 2 afc pro bowlers) looked pretty average against an 8-8 steelers D.

Koopa
01-31-2007, 12:38 AM
this is a long thread. im still curious who koopa would place in the pro bowl over willie parker, after all, EVERYONE knows 3 afc running backs will be named to the pro bowl roster.

i eagerly await koopas argument for backs such as rudi johnson, w. mcgahee, r. brown, and inmate #1575301 (i.e. jamal lewis) so i can laugh even more, and prove his OPINIONS as WRONG!

congrats to fwp. you DESERVE it and you EARNED the trip.

and i must note that great backs such as LT and LJ (the other 2 afc pro bowlers) looked pretty average against an 8-8 steelers D.

i wouldn't now that 32 brought it to my attention (i even said at the end of one of my post), i wasn't looking at the depth of the afc when i said what i said.....i was just thinking that since i bitched about chambers making it on 2 great games last year, that i should do the same for willie cause he basically got in on 2 badass games this year.........and then when bleeder got me thinking about the rest of the backs in the afc i couldn't decide cause there isn't anyone really playing any better......... so now i think there's two reason willie got in as the 3rd string back, his 2 great games and the lack of other running backs not doing so good in the afc

and even after all that, don't think i don't like willie, i'm just talking about the pro bowl, i love what he brings to the steelers, and i thought he was the perfect back for us for awhile cause i thought whiz was gonna be our next head coach and turn us into a more speed type of team........... he's gonna be badass next year if tomlin fixes our oline, and i'll take him over any of those backs you mentioned

TEEMONT
01-31-2007, 12:42 AM
Man, sometimes I get a headache trying to keep up with koop. I have been offline for what.....2 hours and this convo is a barn burner now.

tony hipchest
01-31-2007, 01:13 AM
i wouldn't now that 32 brought it to my attention (i even said at the end of one of my post), i wasn't looking at the depth of the afc when i said what i said.....i was just thinking that since i bitched about chambers making it on 2 great games last year, that i should do the same for willie cause he basically got in on 2 badass games this year.........and then when bleeder got me thinking about the rest of the backs in the afc i couldn't decide cause there isn't anyone really playing any better......... so now i think there's two reason willie got in as the 3rd string back, his 2 great games and the lack of other running backs not doing so good in the afc

and even after all that, don't think i don't like willie, i'm just talking about the pro bowl, i love what he brings to the steelers, and i thought he was the perfect back for us for awhile cause i thought whiz was gonna be our next head coach and turn us into a more speed type of team........... he's gonna be badass next year if tomlin fixes our oline, and i'll take him over any of those backs you mentionedbrian westbrook was a great back this year (he faces much of the same critisizm that willie has).

he didnt make the pro bowl, but if you compare his numbers to s. jackson. f. gore, and t. barber, it is hard to give him the nod over any of the top 3 in the nfc nominated.

the point is, westbrook is an excellent talent, and tiki is being mentioned for the hall of fame in 5 years (if you compare willies 1st 3 years to tiki's, willie blows him away).

the steelers offense relys on a 3rd down back who can BLOCK. that is not yet willies fortay. thats not to say he wont go to work in the off season to mak it so, just like he did with his goal line game last season.

btw, im a huge verron haynes fan, and he is an excellent blocker, runner AND receiver, in 3rd down situations. plus he readilly accepts his role.

i dont think our back situation will be what prevents us from reaching the sb next season. i still remember peoples mock drafts saying we should take cedric humes in the 3rd round last season. we all saw how that worked out.

Koopa
01-31-2007, 01:23 AM
brian westbrook was a great back this year (he faces much of the same critisizm that willie has).

he didnt make the pro bowl, but if you compare his numbers to s. jackson. f. gore, and t. barber, it is hard to give him the nod over any of the top 3 in the nfc nominated.

the point is, westbrook is an excellent talent, and tiki is being mentioned for the hall of fame in 5 years (if you compare willies 1st 3 years to tiki's, willie blows him away).

the steelers offense relys on a 3rd down back who can BLOCK. that is not yet willies fortay. thats not to say he wont go to work in the off season to mak it so, just like he did with his goal line game last season.

btw, im a huge verron haynes fan, and he is an excellent blocker, runner AND receiver, in 3rd down situations. plus he readilly accepts his role.

i dont think our back situation will be what prevents us from reaching the sb next season. i still remember peoples mock drafts saying we should take cedric humes in the 3rd round last season. we all saw how that worked out.

what you remember is, a mock that was only a 3 round mock that was done before the combine pretty much......and what you forget is that after the second round i said i was at a loss so i just went with who i would want us to draft in the second day, however since it was only a 3 round mock i couldn't say we would draft him later and since it was the last pick of the whole thing and i was bored of the long *** 3 round mock i just went with who i kinda liked................. i never said we should draft him there........ but i did say we should draft him and we did............ i just didn't know he was just a fat guy with no real talent....................... hell even your boy suit agreed with the humes pick.......but again i wasn't picking him there to suggest that he should be drafted there, i just wanted him based on what i've read in scouting reports..........hell this year i want tony hunt because i think he can be the perfect compliment to willie

edit: and here's my proof on what i said about humes **see me for the url**
and to explain wanting chad jackson, i wanted the best available wr, and everything i read had holmes going early in the mid first round, so i just wanted chad because he was the best rated available, thank god we got holmes though

and the rest of your post i don't know what to say cause i don't get what your getting at cause i never said willie was horrible the whole season, he was inconsistent and sometimes just plain out bad (which i know wasn't totally his fault cause he couldn't get a block from his linemen).......and the only reason i said all this about the pro bowl was because i didn't want to go back on what i said about chambers just because willie wears black and gold......... and if tiki is a hall of famer i'll never watch the nfl again, he didn't do anything in his career worthy of hall of fame consideration........

tony hipchest
01-31-2007, 01:58 AM
what you remember is, a mock that was only a 3 round mock that was done before the combine pretty much......and what you forget is that after the second round i said i was at a loss so i just went with who i would want us to draft in the second day, however since it was only a 3 round mock i couldn't say we would draft him later and since it was the last pick of the whole thing and i was bored of the long *** 3 round mock i just went with who i kinda liked................. i never said we should draft him there........ but i did say we should draft him and we did............ i just didn't know he was just a fat guy with no real talent....................... hell even your boy suit agreed with the humes pick.......but again i wasn't picking him there to suggest that he should be drafted there, i just wanted him based on what i've read in scouting reports..........hell this year i want tony hunt because i think he can be the perfect compliment to willie

and the rest of your post i don't know what to say cause i don't get what your getting at cause i never said willie was horrible the whole season, he was inconsistent and sometimes just plain out bad (which i know wasn't totally his fault cause he couldn't get a block from his linemen).......and the only reason i said all this about the pro bowl was because i didn't want to go back on what i said about chambers just because willie wears black and gold......... and if tiki is a hall of famer i'll never watch the nfl again, he didn't do anything in his career worthy of hall of fame consideration........lol. you were one of the ones on the humes bandwaggon? lol, (i wasnt trying to single you out or anything). there were those who also wanted martin nance in the 4th round, to reunite with big ben, while sleeping on hank baskett or m. coulston.

sorry you dont know what i was getting at with the rest of my post. i really dont know how to make it any clearer for you. i (nor does anyone else) know how YOU can eliminate willie from the pro bowl.

its simple- 3 backs make it from the afc and nfc. nfc fans will be unhappy, and afc fans will be unhappy if one of their guys is left off. in your case, you will be unhappy (or disagree) if one of your guys deservedly gets the nod.

if you cant see the similarities between tiki, westbrook, and willie, i cant help you there.

"you can lead a horse to water but you cant make them drink"

Koopa
01-31-2007, 02:05 AM
lol. you were one of the ones on the humes bandwaggon? lol, (i wasnt trying to single you out or anything). there were those who also wanted martin nance in the 4th round, to reunite with big ben, while sleeping on hank baskett or m. coulston.

sorry you dont know what i was getting at with the rest of my post. i really dont know how to make it any clearer for you. i (nor does anyone else) know how YOU can eliminate willie from the pro bowl.

its simple- 3 backs make it from the afc and nfc. nfc fans will be unhappy, and afc fans will be unhappy if one of their guys is left off. in your case, you will be unhappy (or disagree) if one of your guys deservedly gets the nod.

if you cant see the similarities between tiki, westbrook, and willie, i cant help you there.

"you can lead a horse to water but you cant make them drink"

awww so that's what you were getting at........ the real reason i said willie didn't deserve it is because what i said last year about chambers getting in over hines because he had 2 badass games.......i was saying this not realizing that the afc is not very strong in running backs...... i now realize that willie does deserve to be in it cause aside from lt and lj (i don't really think lj is that much above willie because even though he had a lot of total rushing yards he still didn't do that great on per carry, willie i think had 1 tenth more then him.........) so pretty much what i said before 32 helped me realize that there isn't anyone that could go over him i pretty much changed my mind...... like i'm probably gonna do when i finally get my steelers history dvd in and finally get to watch terry bradshaw play..............

btw, i edited the post you quoted and added the link of what you are talking about with the 3 round mock draft

TEEMONT
01-31-2007, 10:06 AM
Koop lemme get this striaght, Willie shouldn't be a pro-bowler b/c he is inconsistent, despite the fact that nearly every time he had a rough game on the ground, he made up for it catching the ball (except the Atlanta game, I didn't realize how badly he had done in that one).

Anyways, as Willie went this year, we went. He made a lot of good stuff happen from nothing. He might as well have had the Vienna boys choir playing O-line in both games against the Ravens, even Walter Payton would have gotten shut down in those games. If you look at LT's season rushing stats, the first half of the season he was kind of inconsistent too (the 2nd half he was sick though).

You can't expect a RB to have 100 and 2 every game out, hell you can't expect one to have 75 and 1 every time out. With the amount of time Ben had us playing from behind this year, I am suprised Willie did as good as he did.

SteelerFan87
01-31-2007, 10:57 AM
Willie Parker is a great runner. However, that doesn't necessarily make him a great Running Back. He's got great speed, some pretty good instincts, and to his credit he has really learned alot about what it takes to be a RB in the NFL. However, he is just a pure runner. He depends totally on his O-line. If there's holes, sure, he'll have a huge day and break some huge runs. But if there isn't a hole, he'll get stuffed every time. Some RBs can make something out of nothing, and get a few yards whether there's a hole or not. Willie isn't like that. That's not to say he isn't good, just that he isn't an elite back. He's an all or nothing guy.

BlitzburghNation
01-31-2007, 11:09 AM
Would be even better if they'll use him in screens more often !
Only 1 full year as a starter and look what he's done,,,,,,,,Can't wait till next year,,,,,,,,,WILLIE P will be even better :tt02: :bigthumb: :helmet:

Koopa
01-31-2007, 04:39 PM
Would be even better if they'll use him in screens more often !
Only 1 full year as a starter and look what he's done,,,,,,,,Can't wait till next year,,,,,,,,,WILLIE P will be even better :tt02: :bigthumb: :helmet:

he has 2 years as a starter.......... http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/494527

BlitzburghRockCity
01-31-2007, 05:03 PM
2006 was his first year where he was the lone featured back, in 2005 he was considered the starter but Jerome was there do alot of the work to when called up in key situations.

Overall Willie responded very well, when his blocking held up.

Koopa
01-31-2007, 05:05 PM
and it would've been the same if we had another reliable back like bettis..... cowher wasn't planning on running willie like he did this year, it just happened that haynes got broken again, and dookie wasn't reliable on short yardage....... and duce.....well duce has no heart............

BlitzburghRockCity
01-31-2007, 05:08 PM
I would agree that Im sure BC wasn't planning on giving Willie THAT many carries and work without spelling him, but circumstances dictated that he got more and more carries. When Jerome was the feature back he always split time with Willie or whoever we had back there; but Im also sure that BC knew potential injuries would happen with Verron,and Duce so he had to feel confident that Willie could carry the load if need be.

K Train
01-31-2007, 06:01 PM
**** duckett, if we made a move for a rb in free agency, the burner turner would be the only one id be interested in unless NY wants to get rid of Jacobs. Like i said before...i want Bush or leonard in the second.

TEEMONT
01-31-2007, 06:04 PM
**** duckett, if we made a move for a rb in free agency, the burner turner would be the only one id be interested in unless NY wants to get rid of Jacobs. Like i said before...i want Bush or leonard in the second.

Dream on for Turner or Jacobs. Turner isn't going to leave SD to be a back-up for a lesser back. Jacobs is the man now in NY. Duckett is not a bad option, even if he was from MSU.

I am still not convinced that Dookie isn't the guy we want.

K Train
01-31-2007, 06:07 PM
Davenport isnt neccesarily the guy, but hes an ok guy for now, **** duckett im sick of the duckett to pittsburgh rumors.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-31-2007, 09:23 PM
Dream on for Turner or Jacobs. Turner isn't going to leave SD to be a back-up for a lesser back. Jacobs is the man now in NY. Duckett is not a bad option, even if he was from MSU.

I am still not convinced that Dookie isn't the guy we want.

While I think we'll take a back in this draft on Day 2, I gotta think this team saw enough from Najeh to bring him back and give him a shot so we'll see.

K Train
01-31-2007, 09:28 PM
we suck at scouting backs in the late rounds....we passed on mike bell and drafted cedric humes....wtf

BlitzburghRockCity
01-31-2007, 10:33 PM
That's where Im hoping some fresh ideas in Tomlin will help us in our day 2 drafting which has sucked overall in the last few years.

Steelersfan
02-01-2007, 12:02 AM
I think it's safe to say that this draft could be quite different from the past few drafts. It should also give us a good read on what Mike wants to do with the team down the road.

K Train
02-01-2007, 12:04 AM
best thing he could do

DE/OLB in the 1st
RB in the 2nd
OLine in the 3rd
Punter in the 4th....thats right in the 4th
5-7 anyone that might make the team

Black@Gold Forever32
02-01-2007, 12:07 AM
best thing he could do

DE/OLB in the 1st
RB in the 2nd
OLine in the 3rd
Punter in the 4th....thats right in the 4th
5-7 anyone that might make the team

Its hard to argue that line of thinking. Only thing if Amobi Okoye is there at 15 I think the Steelers should draft him. I think that kids going to be special and since the Steelers will play more 4-3, he would be a good addition to their Dline.

I don't think taking a punter in the 4th is the best move but I won't complain about it. I know you want your:bluelol: franchise punter.

Steelx
02-01-2007, 12:08 AM
we suck at scouting backs in the late rounds....we passed on mike bell and drafted cedric humes....wtf
You can not compare this at all. Because look at what Ron Dayne did it Den then yeah nothing after leaving or Mike Anderson um yeah nothing or Reuben Droughns um yeah nothing. Besides Mike Bell was not that great. Denver runs a system that I could run through and if you have seen me thats not saying much

K Train
02-01-2007, 12:09 AM
damn right i do, i want someone who can light up the sky, then light up the ball carrier......

K Train
02-01-2007, 12:11 AM
You can not compare this at all. Because look at what Ron Dayne did it Den then yeah nothing after leaving or Mike Anderson um yeah nothing or Reuben Droughns um yeah nothing. Besides Mike Bell was not that great. Denver runs a system that I could run through and if you have seen me thats not saying much

i wanted bell prior to him going undrafted, he had decent scouting reports, they said the kid has wiggle, he could make someone miss in a phone booth, not saying he can, just saying humes sucks

although humes>duce

big d
02-02-2007, 03:11 PM
I dont think we need a power back. I do think that we do need a good back up running back to fill in for willie. I saw alot in this thread about willie having a couple big games. But at the same time if willie was getting shutdown early in the game, whisenhunt would go away from the running game and get pass happy.

SteelerFan87
02-02-2007, 03:15 PM
Yeah we need a power back. We need one to be a change of pace from Willie. That combination of Willie's speed and Bettis's power was unstopable last year.

BlackGold4vr
02-02-2007, 03:31 PM
Yeah we need a power back. We need one to be a change of pace from Willie. That combination of Willie's speed and Bettis's power was unstopable last year.

Almost all of the teams including San Diego who has a pretty decent back named Tomlinson, used another back to spell their star (Michael Turner). We do need another back to help share the running load with Willie. And IMO if you are going to go with a 2 back system then I think it is advantageous to give defenses different styles of runners to worry about. A speedy back with a power back could give defenses fits! I would love to see Tony Hunt or Michael Bush selected in the 2nd or 3rd round! After we take Okoye in the 1st!

:beer3:

big d
02-02-2007, 05:46 PM

Almost all of the teams including San Diego who has a pretty decent back named Tomlinson, used another back to spell their star (Michael Turner). We do need another back to help share the running load with Willie. And IMO if you are going to go with a 2 back system then I think it is advantageous to give defenses different styles of runners to worry about. A speedy back with a power back could give defenses fits! I would love to see Tony Hunt or Michael Bush selected in the 2nd or 3rd round! After we take Okoye in the 1st!

:beer3:

me too, I think people have concerns about bushs leg. It's really not a concern of mine. Look at mcgahee, people thought he was done after he tore his knee up. I think mcgahee is one of the best backs in the nfl.

K Train
02-02-2007, 05:49 PM
Bush's leg is fine, he had a clean break of his tibia, its not like he shredded his knee and had hours of reconstructed surgery

big d
02-02-2007, 05:50 PM
Bush's leg is fine, he had a clean break of his tibia, its not like he shredded his knee and had hours of reconstructed surgery

i'm excited to watch him in the combine. I think he is thought to go in the second round. But a good combine could bring him into the first.