PDA

View Full Version : How many yards could Willie rush for if the O-line starts blocking on the road?

BlackGold4vr
01-30-2007, 06:30 PM
Almost all of Willie's yards last year came at home. What if our O-line actually comes to play next year with an attitude and starts run blocking like they did 2 years ago in our 15-1 season? How many yards could he gain? Ladanian who? With Willies speed I believe he could bust out a 2,000 yard season with not much more effort than he gave last year!

:touchdownrun:

Koopa
01-30-2007, 06:33 PM
i don't know, he was pretty much the same in 2005 when we had a good oline....he just doesn't do good against good defenses.....he racks up all his yards against the ****** teams and then disappears when we play decent teams....... 2 years straight of that.......

BlackGold4vr
01-30-2007, 06:38 PM
i don't know, he was pretty much the same in 2005 when we had a good oline....he just doesn't do good against good defenses.....he racks up all his yards against the ****** teams and then disappears when we play decent teams....... 2 years straight of that.......

Last year was really his first year as the featured back. The year before was Jeromes last dominant year and Willie just came in to spell Jerome.

AZ_Steeler
01-30-2007, 06:42 PM
I could see him getting over 1700 just because to break that 200 mark you need to be on your game week in and week out and that is tough to do over the course of the season.

Koopa
01-30-2007, 06:42 PM
2004 willie didn't really ever play, only had that one great game against the bills wish showed us his potential

2005 was willies first year and he did good against the weaker teams and did bad against the good teams

i figured it was his first year as a starter, things will change

then if not for a 75 yard dash in the superbowl he stinks up the place

2006, his second year, he was the same, great against the crappy teams didn't show up against the good teans

btw, i like willie a lot, don't think i'm just talking ****

BlitzburghNation
01-30-2007, 06:47 PM
Almost all of Willie's yards last year came at home. What if our O-line actually comes to play next year with an attitude and starts run blocking like they did 2 years ago in our 15-1 season? How many yards could he gain? Ladanian who? With Willies speed I believe he could bust out a 2,000 yard season with not much more effort than he gave last year!

If willie could break the rushing record :clap: He could be another ladian if they would utilize him the way Marty does for Tomlinson !
I'd just like to see Fast willie get at least some more screens,,,,He's a beast in the open field :tt02:

BlackGold4vr
01-30-2007, 06:57 PM
When I watch some of the other premier runners like LT or LJ I see huge running lanes being created between the tackles. What I see for Willie is a whole lot of lineman stacked up where the hole was supposed to be. Our line was not run blocking the way they have in past years! IMO

Koopa
01-30-2007, 07:02 PM
i don't think willie's name can be mentioned in the same sentence as lt lol..... even when the chargers sucked *** lt was still putting up great numbers.......

DIESELMAN
01-30-2007, 10:02 PM
Definitely need the OL to be mean and nasty again, once that happens theres no stopping Willie P.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-30-2007, 10:03 PM

Dude, give the guy a chance. 2005 he was new and really was just running around every week trying to break tackles and bounced nearly everything to the outside, now last year with a crappy OL he plays even better and learns to set up his blocks more and ride harder up the middle, so just think what he'll do with guys that actually block for him for 16 games !

Black@Gold Forever32
01-30-2007, 10:04 PM
Definitely need the OL to be mean and nasty again, once that happens theres no stopping Willie P.

I hope the Oline gets nasty again. Especially since Willie is one of my keepers in your ESPN league.:bluelol:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-30-2007, 10:21 PM
2004 willie didn't really ever play, only had that one great game against the bills wish showed us his potential

2005 was willies first year and he did good against the weaker teams and did bad against the good teams

i figured it was his first year as a starter, things will change

then if not for a 75 yard dash in the superbowl he stinks up the place

2006, his second year, he was the same, great against the crappy teams didn't show up against the good teans

btw, i like willie a lot, don't think i'm just talking ****

Dude that's all you ever do is talk ****. You really need to get off these peoples nuts (as you call it) and wake up to see the whole picture instead of the just the broad view. There's so many factors to that go into a RB being successful and each year willie has progressed leaps and bounds; I fully expect him to be even better and show us an even more versatile willie in 2007.

Koopa
01-30-2007, 10:27 PM
Dude, give the guy a chance. 2005 he was new and really was just running around every week trying to break tackles and bounced nearly everything to the outside, now last year with a crappy OL he plays even better and learns to set up his blocks more and ride harder up the middle, so just think what he'll do with guys that actually block for him for 16 games !

i do give the guy a chance..... i was talking about what he did in the past not what he is gonna do in the future, i know he was still learning and will be better next year and will get better and better........but it still doesn't change the fact that he plays his best against the weak and doesn't really show up against the good..........

and this is going to your other post......lol @ you getting upset....it's opinions, i don't always look at the future because tomorrow isn't a guarantee....so i base my opinions mainly on what they have done in the past..............what's the point of a message board if everyone agrees????

BlitzburghRockCity
01-30-2007, 10:29 PM
He played his best against crappy teams because most of the teams we played at home were crappy and that's where he got most of his yards, at home, when our OL actually showed up atleast semi consistently. The dude can run, and he can run with great speed and decent power that the long and short of it and he's only going to get better.

Looking at the past only is a narrow minded way of seeing things because the Past when you look at the whole picture instead of just stats, tells you alot more about the potential in the future which is what this league is, a "what have you done for me lately league".

nobody ever said you have to agree with everybody else, that would be indeed no fun, but you just don't listen to reason with anybody ya tard :lol:

DIESELMAN
01-30-2007, 10:33 PM
I hope the Oline gets nasty again. Especially since Willie is one of my keepers in your ESPN league.:bluelol:lol...I hear ya bro, I can't wait for the season to start :banana:
All the keepers are set...oops got off subject......yeah we need nasty roadgraders and attitude on the line.