PDA

View Full Version : Beachum comes through !

connecticutsteel
12-03-2012, 11:16 AM
I made the statement that Beachum didn't belong on an NFL roster and i was wrong . He did a solid job filling in for Adams he's not apro bowler by any means but he only made a couple of mistakes so my apologies to him

LatrobePA
12-03-2012, 11:21 AM
I called it mid last week. I said he'd surprise some people! He had help earlier in the game then went one on one and did a great job! Keep him in there...

scudmissile29
12-03-2012, 11:24 AM
he played well, maybe he can cement himself in the line-up?

steelchamp204
12-03-2012, 12:00 PM
he played well, maybe he can cement himself in the line-up?

I said in another thread I think when Adams comes back he will get his job back. In the future I think they will move Adams to Starx side and then plugin Beachum. Who know, Im glad these young guys Adams/Beachum are showing some positives.

wyn50
12-04-2012, 03:44 AM
Coaches deserve a lot of credit. Beach got a lot of help from TE's and RB's. I too thought he was not ready to play watching the preseason, but it looks like he has learned a lot at practices.

greg1964
12-04-2012, 06:11 AM
Not in any order: but Adam, Gilbert and Beachum, Look like the Steelers have themselves a few player at tackle:

ChucktownSteeler
12-04-2012, 06:31 AM
Do we still have Ryan Lee on the PS? I thought he showed some promise in preseason.

cmerrifield
12-04-2012, 07:50 AM
Do we still have Ryan Lee on the PS? I thought he showed some promise in preseason.

No

sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk 2

Zachintosh66
12-04-2012, 08:33 AM
He didnt do bad... not great... but not bad. They gave him alot of RB help when we threw. Which was expected... Promising. We alomst have an OL, now if we can get healthy!

SnakeEyes43
12-04-2012, 08:48 AM
He played better than I expected. Love the depth we are showing this year!
O-line, RB, WR, QB, CB, SS...maybe Tomlins "next man up" approach is working.

LatrobePA
12-04-2012, 08:48 AM
By the end of the game he was singled up and held his own...

Sheetz
12-04-2012, 09:39 AM
The offense didnt run block worth a damn, not too sure how much he contributed

LatrobePA
12-04-2012, 09:45 AM

Lol the ravens loaded the line all day, I'd say they ran okay considering...

SnakeEyes43
12-04-2012, 09:48 AM

Ravens were looking for the run the entire game, they thought there was no way Batch could beat them. There was also some great second effort by Dwyer and Redman! The line did their job for the most part; not perfect by any means, but I was happy.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-04-2012, 04:13 PM
Lol the ravens loaded the line all day, I'd say they ran okay considering...

I agree, they knew the Steelers would try to establish the run to keep the pressure off Batch as much as possible. I think Beachum did a helluva job, especially after bad he was earlier in the year when he had to play. Perhaps he was just playing inspired football or perhaps he's really improved that much, I'd say it's probably both.

Plus he had a lot of help over there but you could see that he was able to stay in front of his man more often than not, which is a good sign.

K Train
12-04-2012, 04:39 PM
he would have gotten raped in arians offense, haley just knows how to compensate for weaknesses on the line. Cant see him as much more than a backup but we have had backups play alot along the line...guys like kemoeatu, stapleton, essex all stuck around as backups even though they were all pretty bad starters. But cant complain about the job ramon foster has done, so if beachem can be a player in that mold...just good enough to hold his own, id be happy.

I love me some mike adams though

LatrobePA
12-04-2012, 05:16 PM
Adams makes me stiff!

Omicron
12-05-2012, 11:11 PM
I called it mid last week. I said he'd surprise some people! He had help earlier in the game then went one on one and did a great job! Keep him in there...

I believe I posted similar that the kid is smart and should do a good job!