PDA

View Full Version : Ike Taylor injury tracker

BlitzburghRockCity
12-02-2012, 09:26 PM
After leaving the game in the first series, they taped up his ankle and leg and iced it down with a splint. Then they boot him in a boot. When the camera's showed him he seemed to be in high spirits and was talking with the rest of the DB's. I was hoping it was all just precautionary but seems it could be serious; hopefully not but we'll see.

Cornerback Ike Taylor (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/651/ike-taylor), we’re told, has a fibula injury. He’ll have an MRI on Monday.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, there is concern that the injury is significant.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/02/ike-taylor-has-fibula-injury-could-be-significant/

steelersbabex25
12-02-2012, 09:27 PM
Of course. We get one key player back, we lose on key player.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-02-2012, 09:32 PM
Of course. We get one key player back, we lose on key player.

Losing Ike is a blow but Lewis, Allen, Brown have been playing lights out.....The Steelers have solid depth at corner....Props to the old man and Carnell Lake for coaching these young corners up.........

Plus this team has played games without Harrison, Woodley, Troy, Clark, Ben, Brown, Pouncey and they just carry on with that next man up mentality........I'm very hard on Mike Tomlin since I do think X's and O's isn't his strong point as a HC and he is terrible with time management and things of that nature.....But his message of next man up does work for this team.....I go back and forth with Tomlin....I did the samething with Cowher....lol HC's, OC's, DC's never win with me.....lol

igor0190
12-02-2012, 09:37 PM
With a broken fibula, Ike would be out approximately 6 weeks

Clevelandsux
12-02-2012, 09:50 PM
that sucks

scott0326
12-02-2012, 10:37 PM
A source with knowledge of the situation tells Profootballtalk.com that Steelers RCB Ike Taylor is out at least 2-6 weeks with a right fibula injury, and there is "concern that the injury is significant."
Taylor has missed only three games in his career, and none since 2004. He is clearly the Steelers' top cornerback, so the loss is significant. It will also upgrade Danario Alexander's fantasy matchup in Week 14. Special teamer Curtis Brown is listed as Pittsburgh's backup right corner. Keenan Lewis is the LCB.

-Rotoworld.

Rhyno
12-02-2012, 10:51 PM
Losing Ike is a blow but Lewis, Allen, Brown have been playing lights out.....The Steelers have solid depth at corner....Props to the old man and Carnell Lake for coaching these young corners up.........

This. I can't believe how our corners have gone from being such a huge liability to such a huge strength in a short amount of time.

LatrobePA
12-02-2012, 10:54 PM
Time for the young guys to keep stepping up...

BlitzburghRockCity
12-02-2012, 10:55 PM
3 of the last 4 at home and both Lewis and Allen playing lights out, we should be ok. I'd hate to see this be any more than a couple weeks but assuming we make it into the playoffs and get Ike back then we can survive for now.

scott0326
12-03-2012, 01:39 AM
I think we'll be fine for the rest of the season without Ike, but I really hope he can return for the playoffs and return to the level he was playing at before the injury, he is still our best cover corner and is such a sure tackler, which is huge. Aside from the first few weeks, Ike was having a great season. However,was great to see Cortez Allen and Curtis Brown step up today though, props to them.

SnakeEyes43
12-03-2012, 10:44 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8704681/ike-taylor-pittsburgh-steelers-miss-3-6-weeks-source

Ike Taylor to have MRI on Monday
Ike Taylor is expected to miss three to six weeks after injuring his right ankle in the first series against the Ravens on Sunday, a source has told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Taylor, who has an interception and 13 passes defensed in 12 games this season, was seen on the sideline with a walking boot. He is scheduled to undergo an MRI exam Monday.

The Ravens picked on Taylor's replacement, Cortez Allen, who was flagged for a 30-yard pass interference penalty (which led to a field goal) and was beaten on a 28-yard touchdown pass to Anquan Boldin.

"During the course of the game, I had some ups and downs," Allen said, according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.

"It was important to stay mentally tough and sound to my technique," he said, according to the newspaper. "As a cornerback, you have to have a short memory. I won some and lost some, but I stayed consistent and positive in the second half."

Pittsburgh (7-5), however, snapped its two-game losing streak Sunday with a 23-20 victory at Baltimore and kept alive its slim hopes of overtaking the Ravens (9-3) in the AFC North.

The Steelers currently own the sixth and final playoff spot in the AFC.

Not really any new news, but we can use this thread to post updates as we learn more.

connecticutsteel
12-03-2012, 11:12 AM
Cortez allen looked awesome yesterday no worries

Real Deal Steel
12-03-2012, 11:12 AM
After leaving the game in the first series, they taped up his ankle and leg and iced it down with a splint. Then they boot him in a boot. When the camera's showed him he seemed to be in high spirits and was talking with the rest of the DB's. I was hoping it was all just precautionary but seems it could be serious; hopefully not but we'll see.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/02/ike-taylor-has-fibula-injury-could-be-significant/

next man up!

Real Deal Steel
12-03-2012, 11:14 AM
All opposing QB will be attacking Cortez relentlessly from this point on. I hope he is well aware of that. He has a bullseye on his cheast.

SnakeEyes43
12-03-2012, 12:11 PM
All opposing QB will be attacking Cortez relentlessly from this point on. I hope he is well aware of that. He has a bullseye on his cheast.

He played well last night, but PI calls are what worry me. I feel like a lot of teams are going to try and go deep against him. Overall though, last night he was aggressvie and was in good position most of the time.

cbrunn
12-03-2012, 12:27 PM
I love Cortez ...but just saying if Ike would of got beat deep for that TD you guys would be crucifying him

but Cortez will get beat from time to time just got live with the Learning pains...

it's more Brown who I'm anxious to see get some actual time and how he does

Black@Gold Forever32
12-03-2012, 01:19 PM
He played well last night, but PI calls are what worry me. I feel like a lot of teams are going to try and go deep against him. Overall though, last night he was aggressvie and was in good position most of the time.

It really doesn't matter who the corner since the league is so PI crazy......They really need to change the rule to what is in college just a 15 yard penalty instead of the spot of the foul........The Ravens live and die with the PI call......

Cortez is going to be targeted no doubt but I thought he looked damn good yesterday....He did get beat for a TD but the only way for him to get better is him out there as a starter........

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-03-2012, 02:16 PM
It really doesn't matter who the corner since the league is so PI crazy......They really need to change the rule to what is in college just a 15 yard penalty instead of the spot of the foul.......

Making it a 15 yard penalty would be a huge step up for the league, but on flipside if a DB is beaten on say a 40 yard play then why not to the pass interference and only give up 15 yards...

SnakeEyes43
12-03-2012, 02:29 PM
I don't care, the PI NFL rule is garbage.

VTSteelerfan
12-03-2012, 03:43 PM
Lewis is starting to be a big play maker.. kids going to be one of the best in the league..

Goodfrom55
12-03-2012, 03:55 PM
Keenan Lewis, Meet Dez Bryant and AJ Green. . .time to see where Keenan is.

Troyisabeast_43
12-03-2012, 04:03 PM
If Cortez Allen plays the way he did yesterday against the Ravens the Steelers will be in good shape at corner until Ike comes back which hopefully isnt too long of a time frame. Right now they are saying potentially 4-6 weeks...

Goodfrom55
12-03-2012, 05:14 PM
Key here will be pressure from the line and occasional LB. If they can pressure up the middle so the QB's don't have room to step up, advantage Steelers.