PDA

View Full Version : HARTINGS is Retiring

BlitzburghNation
01-30-2007, 04:35 PM
Forgot to mention that Hines also said that Jeff Hartings will RETIRE !
Didn't know if you guy's already knew this or not :dunno:

Black@Gold Forever32
01-30-2007, 04:40 PM
Its time for Jeff to retire. He was a very good player and he did get a Super Bowl ring. The poor guy has been playing on one knee the past few years.

AZ_Steeler
01-30-2007, 04:45 PM
Hartings is at the end of the line and it's time for him to get off the train. He's had an awesome career and probably can't do much more to make it any better. It's been a heel of a ride! :clap:

K Train
01-30-2007, 05:00 PM
the guy is tough but its time, he was manhandled to much last year

Koopa
01-30-2007, 05:03 PM
time for chuk wun to take over the middle of that oline

http://myspace-729.vo.llnwd.net/00925/92/79/925619729_l.jpg

SteelerSal
01-30-2007, 05:16 PM
Koop, is that picture directed towards me? LOL

We new this was coming when Okobi was resigned for a starters type paycheck a few seasons back, I thought Hartings was gonna retire after the Superbowl.
Now Chuckie must prove that he's worth it or we are in trouble.
Gonna miss Hartings, imagine how much better he would of been with good knees.

BlackGold4vr
01-30-2007, 05:17 PM
the guy is tough but its time, he was manhandled to much last year

Do you think Jeff sent Jamal Williams a Christmas card this year? I don't recall seeing a Steeler center get dominated that badly........ever! Jamal looked like he was playing against a high school player. Appreciate whatcha done but its time for you to do something else you're good at!

:tt02:

Ambridge
01-30-2007, 05:49 PM
To think the Steelers could have had Nick Mangold in the first round last year.:(

Good luck to Jeff Hartings.

Koopa
01-30-2007, 05:53 PM
thank god we didn't get mangold (even though he was great this year) that would've pissed me off, we had a bigger need then a olinemen in the first....... holmes was the right pick last year.........

Blitzburgh55
01-30-2007, 05:59 PM
thank god we didn't get mangold (even though he was great this year) that would've pissed me off, we had a bigger need then a olinemen in the first....... holmes was the right pick last year.........

I agree ver much Holmes is way better than Mangold

Ambridge
01-30-2007, 06:05 PM
I'm not sold on Okobi.
A seven year veteran back-up who's seen limited to zero action....who also had a rather serious neck injury last year.
The jury is still out on him.

Great centers are hard to find......average to good receivers are more plentiful.

Hburg
01-30-2007, 06:50 PM
Right now I think a lot of the perimeter positions (Secondary/Receivers) are all taken care of so the O-line/D-line are the main holes needed to be filled this offseason. The O-line needs to maintain a size advantage so that Ben doesn't get walked right up to and sacked like he seemed to get all last season as well as make some holes for the runningbacks. Willie would have run halfway to Mars if he had been given the opportunity last year but he spent most of his time being swallowed up. The D-line needs to bring back Blitzburgh and as Tomlin said they need to win by atrition. A good defense is what can break the spirit of an opponent and if the Steelers can do that than they will be able force their will onto anyone who comes at them.

I did not take into account the need for the special teams but hopefully with players like Reid and Holmes they will have a somewhat head start on that.

BuFu

BlitzburghRockCity
01-30-2007, 07:52 PM
Has anybody seen the official announcement yet ? Hartings was great for us ever since he came over from the Lions, I wish him nothing but the best. Don't be surprised to see Okobi get some competition at Center from Kendall Simmons. Kendall played some center for us.

BlitzburghNation
01-30-2007, 08:02 PM
Has anybody seen the official announcement yet ? Hartings was great for us ever since he came over from the Lions, I wish him nothing but the best. Don't be surprised to see Okobi get some competition at Center from Kendall Simmons. Kendall played some center for us.

I heard Hines say it on sirius ! Trust me I wouldn't post it if i didn't hear it
:bigthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-30-2007, 08:06 PM
I believe you, Im just wondering when Jeff will make it official. If Hines said it then I'll tend to believe it :yesnod:

House of Steel
01-30-2007, 08:07 PM
I wish Jeff Hartings all the best. Thanks for your hard work, Jeff. :tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-30-2007, 08:09 PM
Jeff's a tough guy, I remember a few years back the guy basically had no knees left and yet still he was out there every day playing and toughing it out. He's a good guy, I hope he's able to enjoy his retirement.

BlitzburghNation
01-30-2007, 08:16 PM
Seems like we've always got it right at the CENTER position !
Hell I think we've had the best center to play the game M. webster !
"Oh Sh**T" Hope Koopa don't read this,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Koopa
01-30-2007, 08:17 PM
Seems like we've always got it right at the CENTER position !
Hell I think we've had the best center to play the game M. webster !
"Oh Sh**T" Hope Koopa don't read this,,,,,,,,,,,,,

why not???...........

BlitzburghRockCity
01-30-2007, 08:17 PM
We've had pretty good luck with Centers between Webster and Dawson and Hartings so I don't doubt we'll make sure whoever is there this year can hold their own.

Koopa
01-30-2007, 08:19 PM
chuck wun will surprise everyone.......they didn't give him an extension cause they love his music..........

Black@Gold Forever32
01-30-2007, 08:21 PM
chuck wun will surprise everyone.......they didn't give him an extension cause they love his music..........

lol I don't know Dan Rooney looks like he has some gangsta in him.:bluelol:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-30-2007, 08:22 PM

Got that right ! Now if he was a rocker he'd have the job all sewn up ! :headbanger1: :lol:

Koopa
01-30-2007, 08:23 PM
Got that right ! Now if he was a rocker he'd have the job all sewn up ! :headbanger1: :lol:

that would look funny, seeing a big *** dude rocking out on a guitar.........

BlitzburghRockCity
01-30-2007, 08:26 PM
Im not sure Kyle Turley would find your comment amusing

http://cache.deadspin.com/images/2006/05/kyleturley.jpg

Koopa
01-30-2007, 08:28 PM
Im not sure Kyle Turley would find your comment amusing

http://cache.deadspin.com/images/2006/05/kyleturley.jpg

turley isn't as big as chuk wun

this is what chuk wun would say to turley for giving the mean mug

http://myspace-729.vo.llnwd.net/00925/92/79/925619729_l.jpg

damn i love this pic....i wish hines, troy, porter, and ben would take a pic like this lol

BlitzburghRockCity
01-30-2007, 08:32 PM
Dude, Turley is one mean SOB. That guy takes no shiat from anybody. Don't be so sure your Rapper could take out my Rocker because I think it would be the other way around.

Koopa
01-30-2007, 08:35 PM
Dude, Turley is one mean SOB. That guy takes no shiat from anybody. Don't be so sure your Rapper could take out my Rocker because I think it would be the other way around.

lol @ us using linemen to have a rock vs rap kinda debate lol....... i love turley's tats though.................. but that ring on the rappers finger is better then anything turley can do lol

SteelerSal
01-30-2007, 08:39 PM
I'd rather see Okobi's finger than Turley's :banana: :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-30-2007, 08:45 PM
lol @ us using linemen to have a rock vs rap kinda debate lol....... i love turley's tats though.................. but that ring on the rappers finger is better then anything turley can do lol

I love Turley, the guy may have a few screws loose but you can't deny he's in their scrapping it up with the best of them :lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
01-30-2007, 08:47 PM
I love Turley, the guy may have a few screws loose but you can't deny he's in their scrapping it up with the best of them :lol:

Remember when Turley went nuts a few years ago when he was with the Saints? Somebody took a cheap shot at Aaron Brooks and that ticked off Turley and he had his QB's back.

Koopa
01-30-2007, 09:01 PM

i like him too, i like when he ripped the helmet of that dudes off and threw it, that was great.....and i like him when he goes on best damn sports show, the dude has a future in broadcasting type stuff.............

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-30-2007, 11:15 PM
Enjoy retirement Jeff. What about Marvin Phillips who the steelers drafted last year to play center?