PDA

View Full Version : Oh no! A Seahawks fan....

Hawk Believer
08-18-2006, 02:18 AM
Hey there all. Koopa extended an invite to join up here so hopefully I don't ruin his rep!

I started lurking around another Steeler site before the Super Bowl. Then I kinda stuck around. I discovered that I learned a lot about other teams in the NFL by being part of a forum in another region. I also like talking about water cooler topics on forums as well. It looks like this forum is off to a great start. So here I am.

I should go ahead and get this (the elephant in the room) out of the way. I am not one of those people who thinks the refs "stole" the Super Bowl (many of you would probably be surprised to know how rare it is to find someone out here in Seattle who is still caught up about that - we're awfully excited about the upcoming season right now). So don't expect me to be one of those opposing team fans who weakly tries to rain on your parade. Your team earned the SB victory and you fans should relish every moment you are champs. Lord knows us Seahawk fans can appreciate that championships don't fall off trees.

However, that doesn't mean I don't think we'd beat you in a rematch this year. :greengrin: After all, my avatar is Hawk Believer.

Anyway, I look forward to getting in on a few of the threads around here.:beer2:

Koopa
08-18-2006, 02:23 AM
lol, i do enough damage to my rep lol......welcome to the site, hope you enjoy it here

BlitzburghRockCity
08-18-2006, 05:26 AM
Well there goes the neighboorhood, way to go Koopa ! :lol:

Hey I know that name, welcome to SA hawk ! Great to have you onboard !

PITT23
08-18-2006, 10:41 AM
When I read the topic title I figured we'd have to ban you for coming here and giving us crap about that so it's nice to know you're a smart person. Welcome to the site :)

SteelCityMan786
08-18-2006, 12:03 PM
Welcome Hawk.

Steelersfan
08-18-2006, 12:06 PM
Welcome Hawk! Looking forward to some good converstions with you.

Blitzburgh55
08-18-2006, 12:32 PM
:welcome: :banana:

Steelerlyn
08-18-2006, 12:43 PM
Welcome Hawk Believer! A most intelligent Seahawk fan and a supurb addition to SA

Prosdo
08-18-2006, 03:11 PM
Hey there HB. Welcome to the site!

Black@Gold Forever32
08-18-2006, 03:31 PM
Hawk your a cool cat. No problems with you at all. You are a really good member at Steelers Fever. So that shouldn't change here. So I'm glad you joined up here also.

Hawk Believer
08-18-2006, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I look forward to hanging out here. Seems like a great group.

SteelersfaninPhilly
08-19-2006, 03:50 PM
Welcome to the site HawkBeliever. See what happpens when you do not lock the door around here :lol:

Hawk Believer
08-21-2006, 12:28 AM
Welcome to the site HawkBeliever. See what happpens when you do not lock the door around here :lol:
:p I'll try to be carefull not to spill my double a tall non-fat while I'm stumbling around your digs.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-21-2006, 12:50 AM
Yeah dude, around here we just call it coffee :lol:

Hburg
08-21-2006, 03:20 PM
Welcome HB! You're a great poster on SF and you'll be a great poster here too I'm sure.

BuFu

AZ_Steeler
08-21-2006, 04:42 PM
Welcome!!

Hawk Believer
08-21-2006, 05:39 PM
Yeah dude, around here we just call it coffee :lol:
Truth be told I never developed a taste for coffee. However I did help pay for college by working at a latte stand. And I do own some Starbucks stock that has been very nice to me over the last decade. But I do find the inability to escape Starbucks no matter were I go in the world a little creepy.

shimmysteelerfan
08-21-2006, 08:04 PM
welcome to SA. I got a 50 dollar gift card if you want it....

Hawk Believer
08-21-2006, 08:28 PM
welcome to SA. I got a 50 dollar gift card if you want it....
LOL. Those Starbucks gift cards are kinda like an alternate form of currency out here. Every year they send one out with my stock report and I become a good husband for giving my wife a little present for no particular reason.

BTW, what happened to all your points?

Stairwayto7
08-25-2006, 05:43 PM
Welcome HB, I think you were invited before me????????????????

PITT23
08-25-2006, 05:47 PM
LOL. Those Starbucks gift cards are kinda like an alternate form of currency out here. Every year they send one out with my stock report and I become a good husband for giving my wife a little present for no particular reason.

BTW, what happened to all your points?
I think he spent them on changing his name color and user title.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-25-2006, 05:48 PM
Truth be told I never developed a taste for coffee. However I did help pay for college by working at a latte stand. And I do own some Starbucks stock that has been very nice to me over the last decade. But I do find the inability to escape Starbucks no matter were I go in the world a little creepy.

Yeah the yuppee coffee has infiltrated every bit of down home america... no longer is it par to just brew your own folgers, you gotta have a double latte, whipped, mochoa, extra dark, hazelnut, something or other :lol:

Hawk Believer
08-28-2006, 09:24 PM
Welcome HB, I think you were invited before me????????????????
:lol: I think that says a lot more about the randomness of how people were invited than it does about you. I remember you being gone for a week or so on the other board and it caused a where is Clevestinks uproar! Rumors of your posting demise appear to be exagerated however.

Koopa
08-28-2006, 09:34 PM
lol, well i didn't randomly select ppl to invite......... but yeah i just sent the pm's to whoever i saw first on that damn Currently Active Users list lol. nothing personal just to damn lasy to type in the name in the member section lol. but all the members i liked from there got the invite.

Steelerlyn
08-28-2006, 10:08 PM
awwwwwwwwwww how sweet!~ :)

I had someone join how do I get points or whatever you get Koopa?

Koopa
08-28-2006, 10:31 PM
yeah had to type your name in the referal box when they joined, like you typed my name when you joined

BlitzburghRockCity
08-29-2006, 09:09 AM
Don't worry cleve,we think your the bomb...just chalk it up to Koopa's laziness ! In fact I think he should give you 10,000 points just because ! :lol:

House of Steel
08-29-2006, 12:33 PM
Lyn, you can kick my butt for not referring you. I should of asked what your handle name was. MY BAD!

Hawk Fan, you got a lot of guts showing up in here. Man, are they still whining about Super Bowl XL in Seattle? I can't stand Walrus, but always had a lot of respect for him when he was coaching in Green Bay. I had the opportunity to meet him at a local mall in Milwaukee when I was living up there. I was there in Wisconsin during the Packers Glory Years with the Late Minister of Defense, Reggie White. Oh those were some great days in Wisconsin. Yes, I was cheering the Black N Gold as well as the Cheeseheads.

Hawk Believer
08-29-2006, 12:57 PM
Lyn, you can kick my butt for not referring you. I should of asked what your handle name was. MY BAD!

Hawk Fan, you got a lot of guts showing up in here. Man, are they still whining about Super Bowl XL in Seattle? I can't stand Walrus, but always had a lot of respect for him when he was coaching in Green Bay. I had the opportunity to meet him at a local mall in Milwaukee when I was living up there. I was there in Wisconsin during the Packers Glory Years with the Late Minister of Defense, Reggie White. Oh those were some great days in Wisconsin. Yes, I was cheering the Black N Gold as well as the Cheeseheads.
I'll admit that you can find the occassional Seattleite who thinks there was some of crazy conspiracy in the SB. But they are usually a person who didn't follow football very much. Then to watch the Super Bowl and have Madden saying that Seattle was getting screwed, well, that was really persuasive to them. They probably didn't watch the recaps and look at the game in a more reasonable way later on.

Honestly I seem to see more comments and media generated from non-Seahawk fans. When I am out of town and people find out I'm from Seattle, they often make some comment about the SB and see if I am fired up about it.

The regular fans are fired up for th upcoming season out here. I think people are confident about the team. But it was much easier to be confident about our chances for this season back in April. Now that the regular season is coming up, I think the fans are getting some jitters. People are worried about the O-line, the tight end situation, and whatever else people can think of to worry about.

Regarding Holmgren.... Don't get me wrong, I think he is a great coach in a lot of ways. It took him a while to build this team but I give him credit for sticking with his system and we are now the best we have ever been. But it drives me crazy how he reacted so publicly after the Super Bowl. I knew as a high schooler that nothing good could come from bitching about refs after a game and that doing so only serves to make people lose respect for you.

House of Steel
08-29-2006, 09:19 PM
Well, I respect you after reading that post. You got a friend in me, I know your a Seahawk fan, but we are in another conference. The only NFC team I have intrest in is the Packers. They are in for a very long season.

Holmgren's actions after the Super Bowl was totally uncalled for. You should of seen the cartoon some fans of Pittsburgh made concerning WALRUS!!! OH IT WAS BAD!!!

Scorp
10-27-2010, 09:41 PM
Welcome ChickenHawk Believer. Glad to have you here.