PDA

View Full Version : Reports that Steelers may be unhappy with Ben

Steveo
12-03-2012, 08:58 AM
Found this while searching the NFL site this morning. Don't know how accurate or serious it is, especially since we won, but it looks like the Steelers organization is a little unhappy with Ben for not practicing / playing in Sunday afternoons game.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000103847/article/big-ben-reportedly-upset-some-by-not-pushing-to-play

LatrobePA
12-03-2012, 09:06 AM
Timing was a bit odd I will admit but I'm sure when he's back out being Ben this will all be forgotten!

jpele
12-03-2012, 09:12 AM
The haters will hate. Being cleared to practice doesn"t mean he's ready to play.

Raleigh Steel
12-03-2012, 10:04 AM
it's a shame that ben has to endure this kind of talk EVERY F**KING YEAR!

he plays with a broken nose, a broken foot, sprained ankle, bad shoulder, etc... and people say he's a drama queen. i'm sick of it. maybe ben just wasn't ready to play yet. maybe he was looking at the big picture.

he's never going to get his full due! no matter what he does!

Goodfrom55
12-03-2012, 10:10 AM
That's just ignorant. . .the report that is. Ben will be out there as soon as possible - hopefully this week vs SD.

scudmissile29
12-03-2012, 10:27 AM
i already posted this, oh well.

BLACKandGOLD
12-03-2012, 10:27 AM
I had nothing wrong with him sitting out this week. If he feels hes not ready to play, then hes not ready. The last thing we need is having him getting a career ending injury because he tried to come back early. He'll be back in due time, hopefully next week against the Chargers.

Rhyno
12-03-2012, 10:28 AM
That's a terrible report and a complete non-story. Ben has proven time and again that he is tough as nails and will play through just about anything. However, he is a drama-queen.

FlatsSteeler
12-03-2012, 10:41 AM
The Story was pure Crap....Total NoN Story.......

cmerrifield
12-03-2012, 10:44 AM
Ed tweeted today that Ben WAS NOT cleared to play.

sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk 2

Real Deal Steel
12-03-2012, 10:47 AM
The haters will hate. Being cleared to practice doesn"t mean he's ready to play.

Thank you. Ben is doing the right thing for his long term health. And you can't be mad at him for that. The team needs to be mad at Tomlin for not having better back up QB's. That's where their anger needs to be directed.

Big T
12-03-2012, 10:50 AM
BALTIMORE -- Despite national reports to the contrary, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was "absolutely not" cleared medically to play against the Baltimore Ravens, a team source told the Post-Gazette.

A report on CBSSports.com said Roethlisberger was cleared medically to do as much as he wanted this week and did little but throw on the sideline. The report added that Roethlisberger's lack of activity "surprised his teammates and frustrated others by not pushing to practice more."

But the Steelers knew early last week Roethlisberger wasn't going to be able to play against the Ravens. But they held out some hope he might miraculously get better, which is why coach Mike Tomlin said they were "leaving the door open" for him to play.

But several offensive players knew early in the week that Charlie Batch, not Roethlisberger, would play against the Ravens.

Roethlisberger has a chance to return Sunday against the San Diego Chargers, but that medical determination will not be made until the middle of the week at the earliest.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/source-big-ben-absolutely-not-ok-to-play-664721/

SteelCityKid5
12-03-2012, 10:52 AM
Didnt La Canfora say the Steelers were gonna cut Casey Hampton a couple of years ago? Yeah, I don't trust his reporting.

SteelCityKid5
12-03-2012, 11:13 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/source-big-ben-absolutely-not-ok-to-play-664721/

Another A+ report job by La Canfora. I will never trust this guy.

Steveo
12-03-2012, 01:53 PM
Yeah, didn't sound right to me, but figured I would pass it along.

Flame:: Sorry for the repost, I didn't see that you had already posted this

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express

ChucktownSteeler
12-03-2012, 05:51 PM
Canafora = pathological liar

RIVERS OF STEEL
12-03-2012, 06:19 PM
Keep up the BS. Ben lives for another day healthier. Great.

greg1964
12-04-2012, 06:17 AM
Ben will play when ready: It funny, last year we gave him a hard time, when he wanted to play verse SF and wasn't ready, now people are giving him a hard time by taking time to heal before coming back.

Stone
12-04-2012, 08:03 AM
It would have been foolish to play him, and I hope he doesn't start this week either. Let Charlie start and if we need Ben to save the day he can come in but why risk it?

We need him healthy for the run to 7!

Stone
12-04-2012, 08:04 AM
i already posted this, oh well.

LOL When I read this I was surprised to see it wasn't written by our "resident" troll

TarlsQtr
12-04-2012, 09:23 AM
It would have been foolish to play him, and I hope he doesn't start this week either. Let Charlie start and if we need Ben to save the day he can come in but why risk it?

We need him healthy for the run to 7!

Assuming he is healthy enough to play, we are also taking a huge risk by not playing him. The "run to 7" better have begun already.

We are TIED for the last playoff spot in the AFC. A loss to the Chargers would be very damaging.

LatrobePA
12-04-2012, 09:29 AM
Assuming he is healthy enough to play, we are also taking a huge risk by not playing him. The "run to 7" better have begun already.

We are TIED for the last playoff spot in the AFC. A loss to the Chargers would be very damaging.

It's a win out kinda mentality from here until the end.

SnakeEyes43
12-04-2012, 09:31 AM

:plus1:
B.I.N.G.O. and bingo was his name-o!