PDA

View Full Version : What Tomlin and Colbert deserve a lot of credit for.

steelchamp204
12-03-2012, 12:51 AM
Is drafting good corners/secondary players. With the exception of Mundy. I think Allen/Lewis/ W. Allen/ Brown have played very well this season with the lack of experience they have have before this season. I like the future of our secondary even without Ike (injury). Keenan Lewis IS the real deal. He has only gotten better throughout the season coming up with big defenses. I just like to give credit to Tomlin/Colbert for these young guys.

connecticutsteel
12-03-2012, 12:53 AM
Cortez Allen is looking awesome

Black@Gold Forever32
12-03-2012, 01:12 AM
Will Allen wasn't drafted by the Steelers.....but point taken......Yea Lewis, Cortez Allen, Curtis Brown all played well today.....Lewis really is on the verge of becoming a really good player.....Cortez Allen is looking like a future starter at corner and Curtis Brown is starting to look good as a nickel corner.......

Real Deal Steel
12-03-2012, 10:52 AM
Please..

This thread is crap.

Colbert is the same guy who didn't supply us with adequete back up at the QB position too. Colbert is the same idiot who refuses to seriously use free agency too.

F*ck Colbert. And the horse he rode in on too.

LatrobePA
12-03-2012, 11:17 AM
Tomlin woke his team up this past week, I liked it!!

steelchamp204
12-03-2012, 11:51 AM
Please..

This thread is crap.

Colbert is the same guy who didn't supply us with adequete back up at the QB position too. Colbert is the same idiot who refuses to seriously use free agency too.

You're never happy, are you?

NeilPatrickBanana
12-03-2012, 12:16 PM
Please..

This thread is crap.

The Steelers have the best backups of any "contender" in the league... Young QBs, generally, make terrible backups. I'll take the Steelers and their "starter experienced" and "backup proven" old vets over some retread draft bust or young inexperienced late rounder, any day of the week.

LarryNJ
12-03-2012, 12:28 PM
The Steelers have the best backups of any "contender" in the league... .

Check out SF

SnakeEyes43
12-03-2012, 12:30 PM
Please..

Yeah F' Colbert!!
He's only drafts first round busts like Ben, Polamalu, Woodley, Timmons, Heath, Hampton, Holmes, DeCastro, and Pouncey! ....wait.

steelersbabex25
12-03-2012, 12:52 PM
Please..

This thread is crap.

So you're saying..in the past few years..back-up QB was the top position that we should have drafted?

Interesting.

cmerrifield
12-03-2012, 01:10 PM
Please..

This thread is crap.

Two things: 1 You need to change your tag line, because you obviously hate the Steeler way of rarely using Free agency to build a team. 2. Tell me a team in the last decade that were consistent contenders that use free agency. Let me help you: Colts, nope, Steelers, nope, Ravens, nope, Patriots, nope, Giants, nope, Saints, nope. I think that makes a point. Now, lets look at teams who are constantly spending money, Redskins, not a contender, actually just look at this link.
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2012/03/nfls_track_record_on_building.html

NeilPatrickBanana
12-03-2012, 03:15 PM
Check out SF

San Francisco has a veteran QB who had not come close to reaching his potential after 5 years, and under a new coach spent a 2nd round pick on a QB...

You think the steelers should've been spending 2nd round picks on QB over the last few drafts???

There is a big difference between a veteran backup QB on a team with a franchise QB in his prime... and a team that isn't solid on their current QB, and thus spend a high pick trying to find one.

There is a difference between a backup QB and a Starter in waiting... suggesting the Steelers should've invested a high pick in the previous few drafts on a QB, is just dumb

jpele
12-03-2012, 04:09 PM
Please..

This thread is crap.

You are so right, we should be more like the Browns and draft a franchise QB every other year.

LarryNJ
12-03-2012, 04:15 PM
You think the steelers should've been spending 2nd round picks on QB over the last few drafts???

There is a difference between a backup QB and a Starter in waiting... suggesting the Steelers should've invested a high pick in the previous few drafts on a QB, is just dumb

I never said that. I said that that the Steelers don't have the best back up QB. I'd also take David Carr, Rex Grossman over Charlie or Lefty