PDA

View Full Version : HINES WARD

BlitzburghNation
01-30-2007, 04:28 PM
said on sirius from the superbowl in MIAMI ,,,,,,,,,,, That him & donald driver are teaming with Sharpie & trying to raise a million dollars for Kids that's not able to get school supplies :clap:
He also said that he really enjoyed playing 9 years for a hall of fame coach !
Also commented that him & some team mates were shocked they didn't give whiz or grimm the HC job,,,,,,, But he also said he was looking forward, Playing for Mike Tomlin :clap:
Last thing he said after being asked who will win the superbowl :popcorn:
Hesaid the underdog bears :dunno: his score was BEARS 24 COLTS 21

big d
01-30-2007, 04:31 PM
said on sirius from the superbowl in MIAMI ,,,,,,,,,,, That him & donald driver are teaming with Sharpie & trying to raise a million dollars for Kids that's not able to get school supplies :clap:
He also said that he really enjoyed playing 9 years for a hall of fame coach !
Also commented that him & some team mates were shocked they didn't give whiz or grimm the HC job,,,,,,, But he also said he was looking forward, Playing for Mike Tomlin :clap:
Last thing he said after being asked who will win the superbowl :popcorn:
Hesaid the underdog bears :dunno: his score was BEARS 24 COLTS 21

this is why I like Hines Ward. He isnt a show boat jackhole like t.o., oocho stinko and randy moss. He is a class act.

AZ_Steeler
01-30-2007, 04:34 PM
ESPN just had another feature on Hones the other night and all the work he is doing back in Korea. The dude has a huge heart and definitely tries to help out those who are less fortunate! Hines is the man! :clap:

Koopa
01-30-2007, 05:01 PM
didn't hines have problems with cowher in the past???? or was si just talking out of their ***???

TEEMONT
01-30-2007, 05:02 PM
much *** talkage going on koop

TampaSteelGirl
02-02-2007, 10:54 AM
I just love him!!!! He's so sweet and really cares about people! I saw him on Cold Pizza the other day and he's just too sweet. He's so proud to be MVP and I thought it was nice he stuck up for the underdog but said nice things about Peyton. I want the Colts to win only for Tony Dungy as he deserves the SB especially after how wrong Tampa Bay did him!!! HOpe he sticks that SB ring in Jon Gruden's face!!!! :tt02:

DIESELMAN
02-02-2007, 11:18 AM
Cool Hines, now if more players were involved in communities and helping set examples for kids nowdays we would be better off.

Iron City South
02-02-2007, 12:32 PM
I like Hines Ward just as much as the next Steeler fan, but I've got to tell the truth .... :stirpot:

and the truth is .... Hines Ward needs to put his mind, body, and soul back into this game and step up as a leader this coming year, not a follower of somebody else. He rode Bettis' leadership coat tails the previous years and didn't step up as a motivational leader last year as he should have.

I'm of the opinion that he was one of the many that lost focus last year and it was evident in his play and his attitude. You didn't see the old "smiling" Hines as you have seen in the past.

Flame me if you want, but it is what it is ... :tt02:

I'm just the messenger.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-02-2007, 01:16 PM
didn't hines have problems with cowher in the past???? or was si just talking out of their ***???

He and BC didn't agree when Hines held out for a new contract so Im sure that didn't help any.

TampaSteelGirl
02-02-2007, 06:55 PM
I like Hines Ward just as much as the next Steeler fan, but I've got to tell the truth .... :stirpot:

and the truth is .... Hines Ward needs to put his mind, body, and soul back into this game and step up as a leader this coming year, not a follower of somebody else. He rode Bettis' leadership coat tails the previous years and didn't step up as a motivational leader last year as he should have.

I'm of the opinion that he was one of the many that lost focus last year and it was evident in his play and his attitude. You didn't see the old "smiling" Hines as you have seen in the past.

Flame me if you want, but it is what it is ... :tt02:

I'm just the messenger.

I do have to agree with you in one aspect of your post, he was not focused and i'm not sure if it was because of his hammy injury or the fact that Cowher was infact not himself. The entire team seemed out of sink and last year Hines dropped ALOT of balls and didn't make the big plays he made the prior year, most years you practically have to kill the guy or knock him out to get a ball away from him or make him miss. I don't blame it on the SuperBowl hangover crap but he sure didn't seem like himself at all. I"m sure we'll see a different Hines and Steeler team this year!!!:tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-02-2007, 07:37 PM
There are more players than Hines that need to step up to the plate of leadership this year and get refocused. Ward, Porter, Faneca, Roethlisberger, Polamalu, the veteran guys like that who are key components to our team all need to step up and accounted for.

Black@Gold Forever32
02-02-2007, 08:40 PM
There are more players than Hines that need to step up to the plate of leadership this year and get refocused. Ward, Porter, Faneca, Roethlisberger, Polamalu, the veteran guys like that who are key components to our team all need to step up and accounted for.

You're so right and I agree. I'm hoping to see Big Ben step up and be that leader. I'm sure he will. I was reading Ben was going to keep a low profile and not head to Miami to party for the Super Bowl. Plus Ben and Coach Tomlin had dinner.

SteelersWoman
02-02-2007, 08:51 PM
He and BC didn't agree when Hines held out for a new contract so Im sure that didn't help any.

I had heard about that happening with Joey--I hadn't heard about that happening with Hines too...do you happen to have any links to that story TG?