PDA

View Full Version : What is it with Harbaugh's and post game handshakes..

steelersbabex25
12-02-2012, 11:03 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/12/02/tomlin-harbaugh-testy-handshake/1741585/

Another Harbaugh, another handshake controversy.

Baltimore Ravens coach John Harbaugh was involved in a testy handshake with Mike Tomlin on Sunday, moments after the Pittsburgh Steelers last-second win in the bitter division rivalry.

Harbaugh said "congratulations" as the two met at midfield following Shaun Suisham's game-winning field goal at time expired. Tomlin, who was jogging and looked disinterested in exchanging pleasantries, stabbed at Harbaugh's hand from a distance, grabbed it briefly and continued on his way without breaking stride. He wanted the run-off handshake.

But Harbaugh didn't let go and pulled Tomlin back toward him, while saying, "hey, hey, hey I said congratulations." He had the tone of a mother reminding her son to say "thank you."

A bemused Tomlin didn't resist. He reluctantly came back to Harbaugh, said "thank you, good job," and ran away. Not that we ever want to assign a thought to another person, but it's not too much of an assumption to say Tomlin may have been thinking something else. His eyes said it all during the brief moment he and Harbaugh made eye contact.

Video in the link.

Tomlin seemed like he needed to get out of there in a hurry.

drucifer
12-02-2012, 11:09 PM
I don't know, but it sure did put a smile on my face. :-)

SteelCityVoice
12-02-2012, 11:10 PM
Maybe Tomlin is sick of John Harbaugh's arrogance. I'd rather he make a hasty exit than get fined for punching Harbaugh in the face.

LatrobePA
12-02-2012, 11:12 PM
Harbaugh and his whole team can F off! They all take on his personality which isn't a good thing!

Speeed
12-02-2012, 11:24 PM
My guess is Harbaugh wanted to give Tomlin the "Congratulations you finally beat us" quip. Good for Tomlin. Harbaugh reaps what he sows. You want respect? You look a guy in the eye, shake his hand, and congratulate him sincerely win or lose. I am sure Harbaugh will complain or comment: " I tried to shake his hand and he did not tell me I should have won." Touche.

I live just outside of Baltimore, I can't wait to hear the excuses fly. This is GOLDEN.

Troyisabeast_43
12-02-2012, 11:34 PM
I posted this a few weeks ago that Harbaugh came out after he beat us here in post game press conference and the first thing he said real arrogant and totally insincere was congratulations to the Steelers and then like 1 second later he said congratulations to our team. Tomlin hears all of Harbaugh's smart *** comments and his locker room speeches of saying that they were the tougher team two weeks ago. He also remembers him running up the score on opening day last season with the fake extra point 2 point conversion. I for one loved it and have so much more respect for Tomlin after doing this. What did John Harbaugh expect or want?? Did he expect Tomlin to kiss him or something when he tried to pull him back?? It was great and a thing of beauty and I for one loved it...

SteelerCountry58
12-02-2012, 11:39 PM
Next time a hand zapper and a pillow for Harbitch. F him and F the Rats! Hahahahahahaa,yeah buddy!:bunny:

Big T
12-02-2012, 11:41 PM
Loved it. Check out the Rat fans' reactions here... Tomlin is apparently a classless jerk for this lol...

http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/topic/49850-harbaugh-tomlin-handshake-exchange/

igor0190
12-02-2012, 11:42 PM
I wish Tomlin would have crushed Harbaughs hand until he broke it

Real Deal Steel
12-02-2012, 11:44 PM
Harbaugh and his whole team can F off! They all take on his personality which isn't a good thing!

totally agree.

LatrobePA
12-02-2012, 11:53 PM
I wish Tomlin would have crushed Harbaughs hand until he broke it

Or a reebok to the sack!

connecticutsteel
12-03-2012, 02:14 AM
on ravens .com they are calling Tomlin a poor sport . both Harbaugh's are arrogant **** piles who think everyone should bow to them.Everyone forgets they have won nothing .Plus i have never seen so much whining to the referee's in my life he's complains the entire game

scudmissile29
12-03-2012, 05:30 AM
mike tomlin should of broke the guys jaw

ChucktownSteeler
12-03-2012, 08:13 AM
Tomlin showed class and took the high-road.

OldSchool58
12-03-2012, 08:27 AM
I'm not part of the Tomlin fan club but last night I wanted to see Mike de-nut that big bastard on national TV. Just a good solid punt right in the no-no parts followed up to an elbow to the face.

Raleigh Steel
12-03-2012, 08:45 AM
i can't stand the douche-baughs!!!! the dream scenario would be beating john douche-baugh in the AFCC and then beating Jim douche-baugh in the SB!!!!

Troyisabeast_43
12-03-2012, 02:07 PM
Boldin apparently takes after his coach when it comes to complaining seeing that he was really whining after the game pretty much giving the Steelers no credit what so ever and basically blaming the officials for losing. I guess when the Ravens barely get by the Steelers it's always because they were the tougher better team. When they dont it's never the Steelers who were better it's always the refs fault.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-03-2012, 02:11 PM
Boldin apparently takes after his coach when it comes to complaining seeing that he was really whining after the game pretty much giving the Steelers no credit what so ever and basically blaming the officials for losing. I guess when the Ravens barely get by the Steelers it's always because they were the tougher better team. When they dont it's never the Steelers who were better it's always the refs fault.

Boldin such a little bitch.......I guess he is still sore from Super Bowl XLIII?....lol The Steelers gave the Ravens the game on a silver platter really yesterday and they blew it.....Sanders gave them a gift and so did Batch with his INT......The Ravens have nobody to blame but themselves........Maybe he needs to look at his own QB who got out played by a 38 year old QB?.....lol

LatrobePA
12-03-2012, 02:12 PM
Does anyone not remember harbaughs locker room speech after they won in Pittsburgh? He said how they toughed us and they has more heart etc etc. Tomlin has a right to be pissed!

steelersbabex25
12-03-2012, 02:18 PM
I think Tomlin probably knew Harbaugh was going to do something dumb and didn't want to be a part of it. And Harbaugh did do something dumb by grabbing his hand and pulling Tomlin towards him. Reminds me of my mom scolding me for not saying thank you...

Troyisabeast_43
12-03-2012, 04:45 PM
The bottom line is Harbaugh had this coming and it was long overdue. From the flapping of the dirty bird wings during the opener last year when it was 35-7 to the crowd and Harbaugh doing the fake two point conversion with the punter, to him going off in his press conference last year when they beat the Steelers about this being a game of big men and acting like a little school girl at his press conference. To this year when he said congratulations to the Steelers when they lost real arrogant and insincere and then he said a second later congratulations to our team. Did Tomlin snub him?? You damn right he did but I think he did what he had to do at the end of the day did Tomlin. He went to midfield and he shook the guys hand and walked away. What did Harbaugh expect to accomplish by acting like a moron and not letting go of Tomlin's hand?? Did he want to lecture Tomlin about the game or how lucky the Steelers were that they won?? Like I said Harbaugh in my opinion had this coming and Tomlin handled it perfectly without really going over the line...

SnakeEyes43
12-04-2012, 12:19 PM
http://prod.static.ravens.clubs.nfl.com//assets/images/imported/BAL/news-articles/2012/12-Dec/week-2/03_HarbsHandshake_home.jpg

Real Deal Steel
12-04-2012, 12:55 PM
Maybe Tomlin is sick of John Harbaugh's arrogance. I'd rather he make a hasty exit than get fined for punching Harbaugh in the face.

This.

coldrolled
12-04-2012, 12:59 PM
The hardon Brothers are aholes...

chisteeler
12-04-2012, 01:40 PM
Karma is a hell of a thing, eh John?
I personally like what transpired. Now the rivalry has an added element to it that creates more animosity. Tomlin has made his share of mistakes coaching this team, but I think the decisions he made for this game with his own players and the blowhard Harbaugh will hopefully spark a "Take no ****" attitude throughout the locker room and propel this team back into the punishing unit that we once knew.

Stone
12-04-2012, 02:53 PM
If anything, that was a snub by Tomlin and I love it. Harbaugh is a whining little bitch and and Tomlin is probably sick of his bull ****!

steelersbabex25
12-04-2012, 03:40 PM
Karma is a hell of a thing, eh John?
I personally like what transpired. Now the rivalry has an added element to it that creates more animosity. Tomlin has made his share of mistakes coaching this team, but I think the decisions he made for this game with his own players and the blowhard Harbaugh will hopefully spark a "Take no ****" attitude throughout the locker room and propel this team back into the punishing unit that we once knew.

True. It does add something to the rivalry. It's one thing when the plays hate each other and get in little scrums like we saw, but when the coaches start that **** you know it's on.